Lecithin

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
I've seen a few threads, especially over at Avant, that speak toward the benefit of supplementing with lecithin... I was just wondering if anyone does and what your experience and dosage was? Also did you use the caps, liquid, or granules?... if you used the granules were they just in your protein shake or what kind of creative ways did you take it?

-Moose

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like to add the granules to my breakfast and before bed while I am bulking.

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
Anyone else using/have used lecithin? Anyone megadosing it?- like 50grams a day?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I bought some of the granuals. I put them in my protein shake.
I didn't really notice anything from them.

I think I found some on sale at GNC.

You got a link for articles on Avant?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I use it for it's health benefits. It also has a lot of phosphatidyl choline for a fraction of the price when you buy actual phophatidyl choline.

Phosphate bond

Awards
The lecithin granules are a good cheap healthy product. They especially work well for emulsifying any fatty acid type product you are taking.

They aren't toxic, but I don't recommend "mega dosing" because they have quite a bit of phosphorus and you wouldn't want too much phosphate all at once.

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
The lecithin granules are a good cheap healthy product. They especially work well for emulsifying any fatty acid type product you are taking.

They aren't toxic, but I don't recommend "mega dosing" because they have quite a bit of phosphorus and you wouldn't want too much phosphate all at once.
What would you consider the max dosage to avoid too much phosphate... and what are the effects/sides of excess phosphate?

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
I use 2tbls a day for choline source and any other nutrients found in the granules. I really like it, but as for noticeable effects....I don't get headaches from piracetam.

jOn_E_QuEsT

Awards
i'm currently using softgel tabs. i take one pill during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. it all adds up to be 3600mgs Soy Lecithin or 2196 mg of phosphatides. not too sure if this helps but here's my 2cents.. :cool:

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Tryed them long ago in shakes makes them pretty smooth I think its an emulsifier. Quit using it because choline is available cheaper. Its basically just choline for the most part. Some people like the flavor,I think it can throw off your mineral balances.

WannaGro

Board Supporter
Awards
I add granules to my shakes, I got the NOW foods stuff, it was cheap. I read about in the arnold encyclopedia, so I tried it.

WannaGro

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
My mom used to give this stuff in gel caps when I was a kid. I swear it took me from a C student to an A student one year....top of my class. My son is saying he is having trouble concentrating on homework....gonna try it for him.