THE worst tasting powder...

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
...is sulbutiamine. :blink:
I've had some bad stuff (CEE, green tea extract) but I'm pretty sure this stuff takes the cake.

Anybody else tried Custom's sulbutiamine?

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
A lot of people posted this, made me wonder if I got a bad batch from Custom. Mine just tased like chalk.

Nothing like choking down HMB.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Is it as bad as Gnc's protein powder?

King Nothing

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
CLA powder reminded me of dirt. Definitely worse than CEE & green tea extract. I almost always gagged on the CLA

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
How can anything taste worse that CEE. It taste like bile after throwup, ugh!

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
jmh is right---sulbutiamine is substantially more hideous than CEE, as unbelievable as that may seem.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Hard to judge. I've tried HMB from Bulk Nutrition and it wasn't worse than CEE for me. Taste varies. Think about spicy food, I often do. What's intolerably spicy for one person is another person's heaven. I have a good tolerance to spice and I love spicy food, and there are things I can't eat that my friends, who hate spicy food, can down without a problem.

For me the CEE I got from Bulk Nutrition still takes the cake as the most massively horrid thing I've ever tasted. If you offered me a choice between raw donkey ass and CEE, it'd be a tough one.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I got some free Piracetam from Nutraplanet. I don't think this stuff was meant for oral consumption. Not even 32 ozs of Gatorade could cover up the horrible taste of only 1.5 grams.

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I got some free Piracetam from Nutraplanet. I don't think this stuff was meant for oral consumption. Not even 32 ozs of Gatorade could cover up the horrible taste of only 1.5 grams.
I got some of that too... yeah, it's pretty nasty. :blink:

dd

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Anyone try cissus from custom yet? I just got mine last week and that is WWAYYYY worse then CEE. Its a brown powder so if you mix it in water it looks like sh!t...and its gritty and just horrid. Now I take it twice a day like this:

small glass:
-one shot/ gulp of water
-one tbsp extra virgin olive oil
-1/4 tsp cissus on top of the oil so it doesnt mix in the water

-JUST SLAM IT then drink a couple glasses of water!

(I hope it helps my shoulder!! It should just by judging the way it tastes!):blink:

Ryno
out

utvol

Awards
CEE is just plain awful. i mixed it with my protein shake and it wasn't bad at all but i mix it with gatorade most of the time and its still pretty bad. its not gritty like regular creatine mono it seems to dissolve in liquid as soon as you mix it which might have something to do with the taste.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Alpha Lipoic Acid taste like you threw up in your mouth, or possibly like someone else threw up in your mouth; and then it gets worse.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
...is sulbutiamine. :blink:
I've had some bad stuff (CEE, green tea extract) but I'm pretty sure this stuff takes the cake.

Anybody else tried Custom's sulbutiamine?
One of us must have gotten a bad batch, cause the Custom Sulbut I have is virtually tasteless. As far as potentcy, I'm not pleased with his sulbutamine, the prescription Arcalion I have used in the past was much more effective.

I've popped dozens of Supplements in my mouth, nothing and I mean nothing semi-natural compares to the godawful taste of pharmaceuticals outside of their caps. Try Dilantin powder, for one, then things like CEE will taste almost good to you.

You guys need to man up, none of what you've mentioned here is really that bad.

badmofaux

Awards
Anyone else think Clout is among the worst? I've also taken BN's CEE and HMB, but neither come close to Clout.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Horny Goat Weed from 1fast is by FAR the worst. CEE and Alcar and Citrulline all taste similar to me, I don't mind them that much.

Boourns

Awards
cee. but with a little raspberry juice it taste good.

ke0ki

Board Supporter
Awards
I always take my CEE with 2-3 oz of pure cranberry or lemon juice. Masks the taste completely.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
You guyz are all stooopid!
Sulbutiamine is da worst!

/kthxby

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
1,4AD(diol), expecially if mixed with oil.
awful, simply awful.

Tighe

Tighe

Awards
I've not had many pharms/supps, but I know I quit taking maca/fenugreek after 3 days because I couldn't handle the nasty maca taste. Maybe I'm just a puss. But I really need to buy a capper to give the combo a test run.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I got a bunch of CEE from nutraplanet that I don't mind at all. It's a little sour, but I think it actually tastes good when mixed w/ lemonade Nectar. The HMB I got though is by far the worst thing I've ever swallowed. After a couple days I just couldn't do it anymore.

I'm about to order either CAP-M-QUIK or the Capsule Machine from UniversalKits. Haven't decided which.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
CEE is strong and sour but not that bad. Piracatem tasted bad at first but doesn't botter me at all. Some of the more gritty powders from herbs can be annoying and stick in your mouth, but the absolutely worst tasting powder was 1fast's fish oil powder. I love fish. I love raw fish (sushi, sashimi, ceviche) etc. I can even handle fish oil capsules when they break open. But the fish oil powder was the most disgusting thing Ive ever tasted adn the only thing I could not man up and finish. Left horrid burps in your mouth for hours. I shudder even thinking about it.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I got some stuff from bsn when they first came out uhh forgot the name, but it was like a creamy fruit punch. I threw that **** up right after it tried to do down. Tried it with everything too and still puked.

It wasn't cellmass or no-explode either but it was nasty as hell.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The worst tasting powder I've come across is rhodiola. The stuff has an extremely pungent, earthy taste to it, and just refuses to go away once ingested. I put a bit in a glass, mixed with water and downed the stuff, and immediately regretted doing so.

THE GREATEST

I'm Hungry
Awards
piracetam is hands down the worst **** I've ever tasted and I've tried every powder

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
i thought ALA was bad until i mixed up some Arginine powder....uuuugghhthat **** nothin will kill the taste !

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
See - I don't think the Arginine I have (from BSL) tastes bad at all.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I've got a Kilo of CEE just SITTING in my room because i can't handle the taste it justs horrible i dunno how you guys do it.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The worst tasting powder I've come across is rhodiola. The stuff has an extremely pungent, earthy taste to it, and just refuses to go away once ingested. I put a bit in a glass, mixed with water and downed the stuff, and immediately regretted doing so.
:bow28:

all powders kneel to rhodiola in terms of taste. I did a quick cap job once then made my way to a lecture. A friend sitting next to me was smirking the whole lecture but I wasnt sure why. Afterwards he said the girls behind me were commenting to each other how terrible I smelled. One apparently said "it smells like he had sex with the wrong end of a spice rack". I got a real kick out of that.

This stuff is POWERFUL, I didn't even have enough on my persons to appear to the eye, but I wreaked terribly.

The first time I tried to drink this, it was in a glass of water with ALCAR and DL-Phen (both virtually tasteless) and a pouch of equal. First sip knocked my socks off, i ended up putting a VERY generous amount of crystal lite in it.

rhunt000

rhunt000

I luv my tee, thanks NP
Awards
I've not tried sulbutiamine, but if it is worse than rhodiola then I'm not trying it without capping it first. Rhodiola makes green tea taste good.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Have any of you used Cap Em Quick? I'm just wondering how long it takes to use and how accurate it is.

There's no way I'm gonna finish that hmb w/out it.

rhunt000

rhunt000

I luv my tee, thanks NP
Awards
I use it. I cap all my nasty tasting powders. It's pretty easy to do and goes pretty quick. You cap 50 at a time in around 10 minutes (counting set up, spreading your powder, tamping and then capping). I usually get around 700 to 800 mg in the 00 caps for most powders (this obviously depends on density).

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, CEE is battery acid.

It's kind of funny to read a thread like this. We will sort of take this as a badge of honor. "I've tried something that tastes worse than you!"

Bigfishy

Awards
1,4, CEE, and Sulbutiamine are all pretty nasty, but you havent tasted bad until you've attempted to choke down on Betaine

jdubz

Awards
I have some bulk ALCAR that vaguely resembles my CEE. Caffeine Anhydrous is a little bitter but I don't have any problem. However, a few of my friends think it tastes horrible. I tell them that their perspective will change if they were to try some CEE.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Have any of you used Cap Em Quick? I'm just wondering how long it takes to use and how accurate it is.

There's no way I'm gonna finish that hmb w/out it.
I use it all the time. It is reasonably accurate, but there is a little guesswork to it.

propho

Awards
  • Established
A lot of people posted this, made me wonder if I got a bad batch from Custom. Mine just tased like chalk.

Nothing like choking down HMB.
I have to agree with you HMB is the worst tasting powder.. and it burns thru anything you add to it..

Tastes like the combined sweat of 100 homeless people..

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Can't get nothing by you Nate....

Although, I did find a picture of you.

Redeemer

Awards
CM, CEE, and ALCAR pretty much taste good to me mixed with fruit juice. The worst thing for me was NAC powder...

mywetnightmares

Kyra Gracie= my future wife
Awards
  • Established
I've got a Kilo of CEE just SITTING in my room because i can't handle the taste it justs horrible i dunno how you guys do it.
Well if you're not gonna use it, I'm sure I could put it to good use.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Sulb from CNW first run tastes like aspirin to me.

However his BCAA`s taste like burnt rubber smells.

Tbird006

Awards
Most herbal powders taste like ****, I don't know which one is worst Maca or Rhodiola Rosea.

Alcar Doesn't taste bad at all

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Most herbal powders taste like ****, I don't know which one is worst Maca or Rhodiola Rosea.

Alcar Doesn't taste bad at all
Rhodiola doesnt taste bad in some water.
Never tried maca, but 3g a day of s*hit is not something i'm willing to.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haven't tried anything recently that tastes bad but anyone remember that Ultimate Orange from a few years back? I tried that once and the thought of it for weeks after that would cause me to go into dry heaves. I'm breaking out in a sweat now just thnking about that taste.

dozer3

Board Supporter
Awards
i haven't seen anyone mention milk thistle yet? i usually take liver pro but decided to try bulk powder this time. i've taking just about everything and i can tolerate some pretty nasty stuff. the milk thistle was SO bad i'm just going to throw it away. not only did i gag every time i took it but the burps tasted even worse. i think milk thistle is hard to cap too.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
i haven't seen anyone mention milk thistle yet? i usually take liver pro but decided to try bulk powder this time. i've taking just about everything and i can tolerate some pretty nasty stuff. the milk thistle was SO bad i'm just going to throw it away. not only did i gag every time i took it but the burps tasted even worse. i think milk thistle is hard to cap too.
Seconded. I can take my CEE with just a shot of water or juice if I'm lucky. But it's hard for me to even smell milk thistle let alone mix it and drink it.

I even hate the caps just because the powder on the outside.