Protein Farts

AboveAverage

Awards
What the hell can I take or do to combat the gas associated with high protein intake....I am practically shitting myself every 20 minutes these days...If I intake more than 1 shake a day I can forget about spending any alone time with chicks.:run:

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What the hell can I take or do to combat the gas associated with high protein intake....I am practically shitting myself every 20 minutes these days...If I intake more than 1 shake a day I can forget about spending any alone time with chicks.:run:
ON whey has aminogen in it and this should help. You can buy aminogen at any GNC. Enzymes, papya etc or just try real food instead of shakes.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I get my yogurt from Trader Joes that has live cultures added after pasteurization, can probably get it at other stores as well. You can also buy tablets that contain these cultures as well. Helped me much fwiw. Also consider what okboy63 recommended about whole foods. I went to only 1 shake a day and that made a big differance.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I have found that excessive amounts of water help. Also limiting how many shakes ie eating solid food helps. Enzymes help but they don't fix. Learn your GI tract. If she bitches too much flex. If your fart force you out of a room, change diet quickly.

I started a thread about this, if I can dig it up I will post the link.

I am having trouble posting it, but I titled it' Opps I **** myself."

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Go with isolates instead of 80% or blends. Steer clear of MPI or casein. Gas-X at double dose 2 hours prior to your dates will help :D

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Embrace your farts. If your date doesn't appreciate it, then she never will. It comes with the territory.

Oh wait, you were serious? In that case I suggest you cease all protein intake immediatly and let me know how that works out for you.

AboveAverage

Awards
I have definitely been limiting the shakes and lactose lately but it doesn't seem to help. I work sales at a gym and by 3 o'clock or so, my office is not fit to be in....so the gas-x or beano type stuff should help huh?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Consider how muchb you are taking in. How big are you and how many grams?

Fiber is also a possible culprit.

I find that Digestive enzimes are great, and I haven't had any bad gas since I started using them. I use Vitamin Shoppe's Digestive Enzymes, I take at least 1 tab with most meals.

magic8ball

Awards
I had the same problem, but it diminished when I started taking fenugreek.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
When I cut back on the shakes and took more solid food... the farts went away. Try taking in more food instead of shakes.

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I also read that it is a good idea to rotate protein powders because people have allergic responses to the additives in protein. switch from whey to egg then back to whey for awhile or real food and no shakes then back to shakes.
Another idea is to do a cleanse. Renew life has lots of products in this area . I did the orginal cleanse during pct and dropped all grains for the 30 days.. I would think this would be especially good if you have been low-carbing or taking methyl's . It's kind of catch all cleanse but they have a bowel cleanse, heavy metal cleanse etc. There is a good log on someone doing a heavy metal cleanse on this board somewhere.
I have noticed that I don't hardly get any gas from anything after doing this and my skin looks smoother for some reason.

AboveAverage

Awards
Good advice fellas....I am 225 lbs. and my protein intake isn't much more than 250 grams a day, mostly from solid foods, but I do get a shitload of fiber.....so a methylated product like Ergo LMG has an effect as well? I am 6 weeks into a LMG and Prostanozol cycle

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good advice fellas....I am 225 lbs. and my protein intake isn't much more than 250 grams a day, mostly from solid foods, but I do get a shitload of fiber.....so a methylated product like Ergo LMG has an effect as well? I am 6 weeks into a LMG and Prostanozol cycle
The orginal cleanse has some liver support supps in them(milk thistle etc).
That is why I mentioned the methyl thing.
I don't think Ergo or most methyls has anything to do with gas. Although a lot of people have an increase in waist size when they are 'on'

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Hormone fluctuations can cause gas. So yes ergo and prostanz can give you gas as well.

SuPPLementJuNkY

Banned
Awards
great info i was wondering about that like 2 days ago i have been having that problem since i have been taking protein shakes like 2 months ago and i heard that fenugreek is good and that aminogenhelps thanx for the info k seriously helped

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Consider how muchb you are taking in. How big are you and how many grams?

Fiber is also a possible culprit.

I find that Digestive enzimes are great, and I haven't had any bad gas since I started using them. I use Vitamin Shoppe's Digestive Enzymes, I take at least 1 tab with most meals.
Hey bro, which Digestive enzymes from Vit Shoppe are you taking ?

I need to go by there anyway so I figured I'd pick some up.
Oh yeah...Do you think they help nutrient absorption?
I've always heard digestive enzymes were supposed to.

Bigdaddyandy

Awards
Ahh, the sweet stinky smell of the bulking phase.
Hell, have fun with it I did.
One night in bed around 1a.m.
I cut one so large, I had to stop
mid-fart to breathe and push again.
This will only happen at night when I drink a big shake with peanut butter(to slow digestion)10 minutes before going to bed.
Anyhow it was the funniest damn thing, my wife yelled at me and the dog(who unfortunately usually sleeps between my legs with her head on my knee) growled at me and left the room.:head:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Hey bro, which Digestive enzymes from Vit Shoppe are you taking ?

I need to go by there anyway so I figured I'd pick some up.
Oh yeah...Do you think they help nutrient absorption?
I've always heard digestive enzymes were supposed to.
I just bought a huge container of Multi-Enzymes. It covers the essentials. Cost about $30. I do think they also enhance absorption. I broke 200lbs for the first time, but I was also on Bobo's bulking plan, so it is hard to say how much difference it made. However, I don't think I could have continued eating that much food without them b/c of pain and odor :sick:

BigRagu

Awards
all i know the other day i had like 3-4 cups of oatmeal and a ton of protien (other carb sources as well).... i was serious in the bathroom ever 2-3 hours and i had so much gas i could of heated a city 4 a year........ i think fiber is to blame

roadsidejustice

Awards
The fiber plays a huge role in the gas problem. I am at four shakes a day but if I cut out my one cup of oats in the morning the gas production is way down. If you don't have much fiber in your diet than the type of protein may be to blame. If I have one particular protein bar I will seriously have the nastiest gas for the entire day from just that one bar.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Fiber is part of it, so you should increase your intake gradually. I have a huge fiber intake, and I rarely have gas now. I also just started taking taking acidophilus and bifidium (positive digestive bacteria), as well as fructo-oligosaccharides to feed these beneficial digestive bacteria. I'll let you know if I notice anything.

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
Like they said, fiber is a huge reason.

Also, what type of whey are you using? Personally by switching to isolate this problem was basically eliminated. I dont know if your budget allows you to use an isolate or not, but if it does check out something like Ergopharm GF Pro or Primaforce Substance wpi (substance can be found for around 16-17 per 2 lb tub)

UberPooper1

Awards
  • Established
my farts are my protein gauge. if im not smell'n it up im not taking in enough.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Yeah B, keep us posted on the acidophilus, etc results.
I'll stop by VS and see if I can pick up the Multi enzyme stuff and give it a shot.

AboveAverage

Awards
Went with Multi-Enzyme Formula from Vitamin world...so far so good....anything is better than the way it was

tlow4u

Awards
I add a few tablespoons of plain nonfat yougurt to my milk/protein mix. I just use the cheap walmart stuff. Spozedly contains live cultures. Works well.

DocJ

DocJ

Awards
Go with isolates instead of 80% or blends. Steer clear of MPI or casein. Gas-X at double dose 2 hours prior to your dates will help :D
This will make a huge difference...if you're using "concentrates" start using isolates or proteins that are more filtered.

stumbras

Board Supporter
Awards
isolates are to expensive
i ques i will go with enzymes

IntensePump

IntensePump

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Isolates from from allthewhey.com are very reasonably priced and AM members get a phat discount! The coupon codes are found in the AllTheWhey section of this message board!

My farts reak horribly...

Bass Master

Awards
Digestive enzymes and not drinking too many shakes and sticking to whole foods has helped me, although I have never really had a huge problem in that area.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I get MSM farts which are way worse. Smells like sulfur.