Controlled Labs...

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
Despite the extremely cheesey names (Green Bulge, White Blood, Blue Rhino, Red Acid) they seem to have some very decent products. The ingredients and amounts all seem very smart. They are fairly cutting edge compared to most companies. Their choice of actives seems smart. Im suprised I dont hear more about this company. Originally I dismissed them because of the odd naming and marketing approach. The actual products seem to have been put together very well though. The prices arent that bad either. I was tempted to try Green Bulge, the ingredients are pretty nice. Still, nothing compares to cheap, bulk CEE. None of their products seem to have any particular weaknesses besides the gay names. How good is their reputation? How long have they been around?

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
They've been around for about a year now, never tried any of there products mainly because most of their products can be bought in bulk. their newest product GlycerGrow is a good example, it basically a GMS supplement with a few other add ins.

MightyMouse1984

Awards
I love green bulge....never had any issues with them. Think CL is a great company.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I was actually looking to try while blood. I love pumps, beyond that I doubt it does anything else for muscle size. But I agree with the point about ingredients. Including an antioxidant in an NO product is a good idea, and this is the only one I recall seeing that includes antioxidants.

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
Controlled labs is a decent company, but I think they are a little over-hyped because of the bodybuilding.com message boards. White blood was a decent product, it gave me some pumps, but was nothing spectactular. I got the same results taking plain aakg. Green Bulge was completely useless for me, and didn't seem to do anything. In fact i think I got better results from regular monohydrate. I just thought i'd throw some contrasting opinions in, because alot of people over-exaggerate how great these products are.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
The ingredients and amounts all seem very smart. They are fairly cutting edge compared to most companies. Their choice of actives seems smart.

Why do you think this?

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
I thought about some of cl products, but at my weight 250 they recommend a few more of each pill per serving, would be 21 days worth in each bottle, not a great deal...I would try some for free if they are pimping pills....

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I thought about some of cl products, but at my weight 250 they recommend a few more of each pill per serving, would be 21 days worth in each bottle, not a great deal...I would try some for free if they are pimping pills....
When you look at effective doses most products fall along those lines, and for a higher price too unless you're looking at bulk supplies. I did some reading a while ago when I posted my poll "What Concerns You Most in a Product" or something like that, and the number of effective doses included in a bottle of almost every product is almost always in the 20-30 day range. A fair amount of them fall into the low twenties. They'll give you a number of caps, tell you a serving is 2 caps, but that you need 2-3 servings per day, and give you 120 pills. At max dose that's 20 days.

It's something annoying but which we apparently have to deal with in the supplement world. An effective stack of good products would probably run you just as much as a decent roid cycle. More and more I'm thinking the money is better spent on more chicken and salmon, and the occasional roid cycle if I feel like it.

w00kie

Awards
been making some decent gains using green bulge.

Kris4153

Kris4153

Awards
  • Established
I tried white blood but it didnt do anything for me. GB looks decent but im just going to stick w/ bulk CEE. I am done using NO products--seems like a waste.

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
Awards
  • Established
I thought about some of cl products, but at my weight 250 they recommend a few more of each pill per serving, would be 21 days worth in each bottle
I definately understand the frustration

You may want to check out the new Controlled Labs - Elements line

The first product in this lineup is GlycerGrow:

If anyone has any GlycerGrow or Controlled Labs questions, feel free to contact me:

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established

If anyone has any GlycerGrow or Controlled Labs questions, feel free to contact me:
Not that I give much of a damn, but mind telling me what the negative rep point was for? The post you negative repped had two points: one, NO products don't do anything for adding muscle mass, and there's zero evidence that they do; and two, including an antioxidant in an NO product was a good idea, which it is. I'd be interested in hearing the reason.

VitaminT

Awards
I think there's a thread at bb covering supps like CL's. The poster's point was that the misc other substances in the supp are dosed too low, so you are basically paying a lot for CEE or something else. He also strips away the hype from "Proprietary Blend(s)". I haven't tried a lot of products for this exact reason. Lesson: Buy in bulk.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not that I give much of a damn, but mind telling me what the negative rep point was for? The post you negative repped had two points: one, NO products don't do anything for adding muscle mass, and there's zero evidence that they do; and two, including an antioxidant in an NO product was a good idea, which it is. I'd be interested in hearing the reason.
dude double check and youl'll see you lost no points. the reason it shows up red is because he has NO REP POWER! so it cant possibly be green (which means adding points). did he comment at all? did it sound nice or negative? i had a couple that were all nice but then i was like why is it red then? it turned out they had no rep power just like your situation. no worries man!

As for controlled labs i tried their blue rhino out last spring and as far as test boosters go this has to be the strongest trib based ones ive dealt with thus far, great strength gains while leaning out and maintaining muscle. the energy aspect of it as well was quite potent but i hadnt used any stimulants for some time before and i steer away from caffinated beverages so tolerance was very low. I have heard that white blood is an exceptional NO supp prob one of the best out but like with any NO supp if you dont respond to one most likely this isnt gonna be worth much either..... i would have to say with NO and creatine i have seen more "non-responders" (meanwhile others make huge progress) then any other supps out and wouldnt doubt if it was mostly due to inexperience (or just knowing what to look for), bad diet/training or an incorrect dosing regimine/schedule....... as for the rest of their line i dont know personally but expect that they put the same effort into making them top of the line quality products as they have with the others

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

Awards
  • Established
pu12en12g

pu12en12g

Awards
  • Established
the reason it shows up red is because he has NO REP POWER!
Yea, I don't really spend much time on this forum anymore, but I've been here since 2003.

I'm pretty sure that the AM rep system isn't retroactive

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
It was a positive rep. I know for a fact, because positive is the default. :blink:
Sorry 'bout that. I don't spend much time in the user CP section actually knowing how this thing works.:sad:

bosco

bosco

Awards
  • Established
i've used both green bulge and white blood stacking them. pumps were good, nothing super impressive. i liked the green bulge. i had the typical cee gains on it. for the price, imo i'd recommend it.

Minus83

Minus83

Awards

arent you a CL rep at BB.com?

i got my white blood + green bulge today actually, the pump i got was awesome, saw some veins popping out that i hadnt been before, or maybe i never noticed them, but i spend alot of time looking at myself so im sure i would have.

i cant wait to see how it goes in the end, id post a long but i dont know what the hell to put in it and itd be my first one, plus everyone would laugh at my crappy workout.

Brainoverride

Awards
I've tried both White blood and green bulge, and got good result also. Nothing off the roof, but price is decent, so I'd definitely recommend it.

I'm also currently trying blue rhino, but since I'm only on day 2 I won't give any early thought.

Chris95

Awards
Yeah White Blood worked very well for me this past summer, and it's good b/c only 3 pills per day is needed. Just ordered another bottle, and also the new product called Glycergrow (glycerol-based product). We'll see how that goes...

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

Awards
  • Established
arent you a CL rep at BB.com?

i got my white blood + green bulge today actually, the pump i got was awesome, saw some veins popping out that i hadnt been before, or maybe i never noticed them, but i spend alot of time looking at myself so im sure i would have.

i cant wait to see how it goes in the end, id post a long but i dont know what the hell to put in it and itd be my first one, plus everyone would laugh at my crappy workout.
Yep.. and thanks for the feedback

Sgt. Ownage

Board Supporter
Awards
i used red acid and glycergrow...both very good products in my opinion.

while youre right, alot of the ingredients can be bought in bulk, that can be said about most products so thats not a very good measuriong stick

in terms of effectiveness red acid killed my appetite on a scale out of 10 probably 9/10 and for fat loss, which i would stack it with eph or something like that it was about a 4-5/10 as a standalone

glycergrow is a good addition to cee and whatever arginine you use (both of which i do buy in bulk)...added fullness to muscles and noticable endurance boost especially helpful to me when i was cutting

just wanted to give you some feedback

BHERTZ

Awards
Can someone go into further detail about GlycerGrow...are there any health concerns with a glycerol based supp? Gains, etc? Can this be bought in bulk?