body octane

1. Gold Member
    Answers

body octane

Anyone tried it? Bobo recommended it for my upcoming bulk, just curious of results.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

It was okay for a cardio boost, but it's pricey for what you get IMO. That powder was more like a rock LOL !
  3. Gold Member
    Answers

I was gonna buy two months worth right away but got only one to try it out. Thanks for the reply.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

I tried and liked it but the benefits do not outweigh the cost.
    cc
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    It was okay for a cardio boost, but it's pricey for what you get IMO. That powder was more like a rock LOL !

This is no longer tha case with tha new version ( ie High Voltage).
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by revodrew
    I was gonna buy two months worth right away but got only one to try it out. Thanks for the reply.

Curious why Bobo would recommend Octane over Clout on a bulk... but hey, it's Bobo, I trust him.

Thanks for tha support Boobs!
  7. Banned
    Answers

You may be better off buying some of the ingredients in bulk and building your own version. It will taste like liquid ass, but save you quite a bit of money.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I made my own and love it for endurance...also it really makes my muscles feel better. At higher doses it tingles everywhere and you can kind of feel more blood working into your muscles..for lack of a better term. Definitely cuts lactic acid production by a lot.

Mine became a big blob of polymerized goo, lol. I have to cut it with a knife but it still dissolves just and works just fine. Bulk powder is definitely the way to go, cost-wise.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

I will have to do that bioman, because I liked the cardio boost, just wasn't willing to pay that much for it.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 1Fast400
    You may be better off buying some of the ingredients in bulk and building your own version. It will taste like liquid ass, but save you quite a bit of money.

Quote Originally Posted by dwm230000
    A 50 serving container of MAN Body Octane High-Voltage sells at retail sites for $43-$48. Here is a price comparison:

175g bulk Citrulline Malate = $23.33
    50g bulk Glucuronolactone = $5.00
    80g bulk Beta-Alanine = $8.00
    50g bulk Acetyl-L-Carnitine = $4.67
    12.5g bulk Histidine = $1.88
    Total = $42.88

Body Octane also includes these ingredients per serving which were not included in the $42.88 bulk total:
    Vitamin B6 5mg
    Vitamin B12 15mcg
    Pantothenic Acid 10mg
    Niacin 25mg
    Folic Acid 400mcg

Body Octane also includes a flavor system which was not included in the bulk total.

Notes:
    - I used the bulk price of Acetyl-L-Carnitine as a substitute for L-Carnitine L-Tartrate because I could not find LCLT in bulk. I am fairly sure the prices of these two would be close if/when LCLT is available in bulk.

- bulk prices converted for comparison; 75g Citrulline Malate for $10.00; 50g Glucuronolactone for $5.00; 100g Beta-Alanine for $10.00; 75g Acetyl-L-Carnitine for $7.00; 100g bulk Histidine for $15.00

- I don't think I need to say much about how good a deal Body Octane is. It should be obvious by looking at the numbers. This product is pretty much as good a deal as you are going to find as a consumer IMO. It would most likely cost you more to try and put this formula together yourself instead of buying the product.
    Those prices quoted were taken from Bulk Nutrition...

Now I know how most on this board like to buy in bulk. This includes myself as well. However, out of respect for Joey (considering I'm a Rep), I felt I should show another perspective on what some might call tha obvious.
    Last edited by TheUnlikelyToad; 01-02-2006 at 10:10 PM.
  11. Banned
    Answers

175g bulk Citrulline Malate = $23.33
    50g bulk Glucuronolactone = $5.00
    80g bulk Beta-Alanine = $8.00
    50g bulk Acetyl-L-Carnitine = $4.67
    12.5g bulk Histidine = $1.88
    Total = $42.88
    You can buy 200g of CM for 19.99
    You can buy 200g of glucuronolactone for 9.99
    500g alcar for 24.99

If you use those prices in yoru price breakdown it changes the overall total by over 10 bucks.

Obviously all of these could be bought in greater bulk and cut your price even more.
  12. Board Supporter
    Answers

is there a big difference between the bulk acetyl-lcarnitine and the lclt found in body octane??
  13. Registered User
    Answers

500g alcar for 24.99

If you use those prices in yoru price breakdown it changes the overall total by over 10 bucks.

Obviously all of these could be bought in greater bulk and cut your price even more.

True... and perhaps some pricing has changed since then.

I just remembered it being a recent post at another board and it looked insightful enough to pass along. I hadn't done any of my own leg work.

Still waiting for that day you start selling 200g of Proprietary Blend
  14. Registered User
    Answers

500g alcar for 24.99

Yes, if you want to buy enough bulk ingredients to compare to 5 or so containers of Body Octane, you can save a decent amount of money.

But, if you are considering buying one container of Body Octane and comparing that to its equivalent in bulk ingredients, you are not going to save much money by going with the bulk products(and it's going to taste horrible).

The reason I use the smallest sizes of bulk ingredients when I do those comparisons(at another site) is because people always complain that the comparisons are unfair to the companies(so using the smaller higher-priced bulk sizes makes it a little more even).

And you put up the reduced price 200 gram size of glucuronolactone after I had already done that comparison, so factoring that in was not really an option at the time(I wish I would have noticed it when I placed an order earlier today ).
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by IRISHRYG
    is there a big difference between the bulk acetyl-lcarnitine and the lclt found in body octane??

L-CARNITINE L-TARTRATE (LCLT)

Although referred to as an amino acid, L-Carnitine is a natural nutrient belonging to the B-Vitamin family (BT). It is mainly stored in skeletal muscle and the heart and can be synthesized naturally in the body. However under certain physiological conditions the body may not produce sufficient levels of Carnitine.

L-Carnitine’s main function inside the body is to transport long chain fatty acids into the mitochondria (furnace of the cell), where fats can be broken down and converted to energy. As a result, L-Carnitine is necessary for the production of energy from fat5. Past studies have revealed the effectiveness of L-Carnitine in relevance to exercise performance, cardiovascular health, weight management, and much more…

Athletes have long favored L-Carnitine supplementation for its ability to increase VO2 max6,7, which is the highest volume of oxygen a person can consume during exercise. What's more, L-Carnitine supplementation reduces lactic acid buildup and spares glycogen and as a result delays fatigue8. And that’s not all.

Enter L-Carnitine-L-Tartrate (LCLT). This new age Carnitine compound has just recently been discovered to have some fascinating recuperation properties. More specifically, research on LCLT at a dose of 2 grams a day was shown to reduce the amount of muscle disruption after weight training9. Circulating markers of muscle damage after exercise lowered, energy substrate breakdown during and after exercise lowered and muscle soreness after exercise was decreased from those who supplemented with LCLT9. Since exercise depletes Carnitine concentrations in the blood cells, the result is less than optimal blood flow and oxygen supply to muscles. The positive results from LCLT administration are believed to be a result of enhanced oxygen supply to the muscle by means of increased blood flow. In addition to that, it appears that LCLT may support protein synthesis and anabolic response to exercise by protecting anabolic receptors from excessive damage as a result of resistant exercise10.

In simple terms, the use of LCLT not only will enhance performance and prevent fatigue, but more importantly LCLT promotes recovery.

5. Strack E, Rotzsch W, Lorenz I. Biological action of carnitine in animal bodies.

6. Marconi C, et al. Effects of L-carnitine loading on the aerobic and anaerobic performance of endurance athletes. Eur J Appl Physiol 1985; 54:131-135.

7. Angeline C, et al. Clinical study of efficacy of L-carnitine and metabolic observations in exercise physiology. Clinical Aspects of Human Carnitine Deficiency. Pergamon Press, NY: 1986:38.

8. Brevetti G, et al. Increases in walking distance in patients with peripheral vascular disease treated with L-carnitine: a double-blind crossover study. Circulation 1988; 77:767-773.

9. Volek JS, Kraemer WJ, Rubin MR, Gomez AL, Ratamess NA, Gaynor P. L-Carnitine L-tartrate supplementation favorably affects markers of recovery from exercise stress. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2002 Feb;282(2):E474-82

10. Kraemer WJ, Volek JS, French DN, Rubin MR, Sharman MJ, Gomez AL, Ratamess NA, Newton RU, Jemiolo B, Craig BW, Hakkinen K. The effects of L-carnitine L-tartrate supplementation on hormonal responses to resistance exercise and recovery. J Strength Cond Res. 2003 Aug; 17(3):455-62.

http://www.manb2p.com/products_bodyoctane.html
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. MAN Body Octane/Orotine Review
    By trayhawk in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 12:40 PM
  2. MAN Body Octane
    By BifWebster in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 04:22 PM
  3. clout/body octane