Carbs for Protein Shakes

italianplaya30

Awards
does anyone know of just carb powder i can buy...someone told me that they sell complex carbs...is this true and whats the best value for it?

thanks

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
few places sell real complex carbs....what you will usually find is either dextrose (pure simple sugar) or maltodextrin which claims to be a complex carb but has the same GI value as dextrose. Just throw in some oats...ground or whole.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
how 'bout some of that Yammit/yam powder. I think Best Price Nutrition has that stuff and it sounds good!

Onslaught

Awards
  • Established
few places sell real complex carbs....what you will usually find is either dextrose (pure simple sugar) or maltodextrin which claims to be a complex carb but has the same GI value as dextrose. Just throw in some oats...ground or whole.
What do you mean "claims"? It is a complex carb. Complex vs simple doesn't mean a damn thing, the myth that complex is better for you was dispelled a long time ago.

JDog3497

Awards
Im in the same boat as u r, looking for complex / low gi carbs. i did a search on yahoo and found a company by the name of arrowhead mills that sells various flours. im thinking of throwing in a scoop of whole wheat flour to my mrp if that is possible. i dont know if using flour will work. any input is appreciated, if somebody can add to this post. hopefully someone can add to this and both of our questions will be answered.

cubbybear

Awards
I like to just take a palmful a dry oatmeal and throw that into my shaker before adding the protein powder. For whole oats I let soak a couple minutes to soften up before I drink it. It's an old trick; it also expands some to make you feel more full. That super carb product also sounds like it's wortha try.

However, I'm always partial to a good burger :burger: or two :burger: :burger:

(sorry, I couldn't resist the burgers... it's my weakness!!)

strikeanywhere

Awards
just use some oat bran, i usually throw in a cup and a half (75 carbs, 18g fiber) in each shake. its almost like a powder, is tasteless, gives you lots of fiber, and is available at the grocery store relatively cheaply.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
What do you mean "claims"? It is a complex carb. Complex vs simple doesn't mean a damn thing, the myth that complex is better for you was dispelled a long time ago.
Oh really... Tell that to the growing masses of adults and children with type II diabetes.

One more vote for oats! :head:

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you'll definitely be able to eat healthier sugar cookies baked with SuperCarb. Some of our boys are working on a recipe book for it, in fact.