Minimize Scarring

bearmeat

Awards
  • Established
I'm having a mole on my face removed in a few weeks and because I've had this mole from birth the only procedure that will completely remove such a deep mole is excision (cutting it out and stiching it up). I was wondering what supplements I could take to minimize scarring. I was hoping I could compile some sort of list and then talk it over with the doctor.

Thanks!

SubliminalX

SubliminalX

Awards
  • Established
The best solution is active treatment. I had some small lesions removed earlier this year. I was given Kelo-Kote to put on the wounds as soon as new skin grew over it. The scars ended up turning red and raised, but went away quickly with Kenalog injections and V-beam treatments. My derm just billed my insurance for everything.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
I don't know the size of the mole or location, but these can end up looking line a fine line in your skin. It could look natural depending on the area (for example, these aren't noticeable on the forehead).

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My wife recently had melanoma removed from her foot and used a Vitamin E cream. It seemed to help the healing process and it is claimed that it helps reduce scaring. Although if you have access to a higher strength prescription med as mentioned above I would opt for that first.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, a buddy of mine recently had hernia surgery and afterwards used the old fashion over the counter Vit E cream for his scar. To early to tell how it worked, though his doc reccomended it.

jeezlouis

Awards
band aid makes a scar reducing patch that you put on cuts dont know how well it works but its worth a try if you cant get a script just my 2 cents