We need 8 testers for Scivation's Lipid Fx

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
You know what time it is, time to get some real world feedback for our newest product Lipid Fx. You know the drill, tell me why you would make a good tester and I will pick those who I feel qualify :study:

US residents only
Must be 18 years old or older

Scivation LipidFX - Makes Losing Fat Easy
By: Derek Charlebois, Chuck Rudolph and Marc Lobliner—Team Scivation

As anyone who has ever dieted for an extended period time can tell you, the hardest part about dieting is controlling your appetite. There are products on the market today that aim to decrease appetite, such as hoodia, but for most these simply do not work well enough. Losing weight is governed by calories in vs. calories out. If you eat more calories than you burn you are not going to lose weight.
In addition to controlling one’s appetite, bodybuilders and fitness enthusiast must worry about preserving muscle tissue and losing only fat. Nobody wants to work hard to gain muscle only to lose it when dieting to lose weight.
After extensive research, Scivation has created Lipid FX, a supplement that activates PPARalpha causing an increase in fat oxidation, along with decreasing appetite and improving insulin sensitivity. LipidFX is comprised of three fatty acids: Oleoylethanolamide, Stearoylethanolamide, TetradecylThioacetic Acid as well as EGCG. These ingredients have been shown to help:

Maximize Fat Burn*
Support Appetite Control*
Promote Optimal Cardiovascular Health*

LipidFX—The Future in Fat Loss Has Arrived!

Scivation LipidFX™ is a precise, scientifically advanced blend of Lipolytic Lipids™. Lipolytic Lipids™ are fatty acids that can increase metabolic rate, significantly support appetite control and immune health, help support healthy lipid profiles and insulin levels and promote optimal cardiovascular health. LipidFX™ can also help the body burn fat instead of muscle while in a calorie-deficient state. Here is why LipidFX is perhaps the biggest breakthrough in healthy fat loss to date!

Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptors (PPAR)

The Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptors (PPAR) receptor family is divided into three subgroups: alpha, delta/beta, and gamma. PPARalpha is highly expressed in muscle, the liver, kidneys, and heart and is involved in the regulation of lipid metabolism, specifically the transcription of the genes involved in the beta-oxidation (burning) of fatty acids and lipogenesis (storage of fatty acids).
Fat can be oxidized in the mitochondria and the peroxisomes of cells, the majority of this oxidation occurring in skeletal muscle cells and the liver. PPARalpha activation increases fat oxidation in mitochondria and peroxisomes by increasing the expression of enzymes involved in beta-oxidation of fatty acids [6]. In addition to this, PPARalpha activation increases the number of both peroxisomes and mitochondria. The combination of the increased number of peroxisomes and mitochondria plus the elevation in beta-oxidation of fatty acids increases the rate and capacity at which fat can be burned. The end result is more fat loss. Activation of PPARalpha would be very beneficial for any bodybuilder or fitness enthusiast looking to lose fat or watch their weight.

PhosphoLean™: Oleoylethanolamide (OEA) and EGCG

Oleoylethanolamide (OEA) is an endogenous lipid being investigated as a potential anti-obesity drug. OEA is synthesized in the intestines. Its synthesis is increased with food intake and decreased with fasting. OEA has been shown to have anorexic properties, meaning it decreases food intake. A study done on rats showed that OEA’s ability to decrease appetite did not change plasma levels of various intestinal hormones involved in satiety, such as ghrelin and CCK, showing OEA works independently of these hormones [1].
OEA is also an activator of the Peroxisome Proliferator-Activator Receptor Alpha (PPARalpha) [2]. Activation of PPARalpha by OEA will cause an increase in fat oxidation along with a decrease in fat storage, creating an ideal environment for fat loss. OEA’s ability to decrease appetite and regulate body weight is accomplished by the activation of PPARalpha [5]. Standard OEA has very poor bioavailability so Scivation uses Phospholean, a form of OEA that is protected from destruction in the stomach.

Green tea extract (EGCG) has been a popular supplement for a while, but more and more research is confirming not only its many health benefits, but its ability to promote fat loss. In addition to multiple animal studies showing green tea to lead to fat loss published just this year, a three month double-blind, placebo controlled study on thirty men was published in the January 2005 issue of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Compared to the placebo group, those who ingested catechins (the beneficial compounds in green tea that extracts are standardized for) daily lost more weight and more fat. While the earlier research was more preliminary, this study confirms the ability of green tea to lead to fat loss in humans.

Recent research has also given us a better picture of how green tea leads to fat loss. The more well-known mechanisms are catechol-O-methyl-transferase (COMT) inhibition, decreased dietary fat absorption, and increased levels of some hormones that suppress the appetite. A study published last year suggested yet another mechanism: when given to rats, green tea decreased the activity of glucose transporter 4 (GLUT4) in fat tissue, while increasing GLUT4 activity in muscle tissue. What this means is that fuel was being shunted away from fat and towards muscle. Not only does green tea facilitate weight loss, it can also lead to the preferential loss of fat over muscle. This is a great asset, since maintaining muscle mass is one of the hardest things to do on a diet.

A new study has discovered the phytochemicals in green tea are better used by the body in supplemental form rather than from actual green tea. The main catechin responsible for the thermogenic effect of green tea extract is epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). Studies show it can increase metabolism by about 4%. That equates to more than 100 extra calories burned per day for most males. EGCG inhibits the enzyme responsible for the degradation of NE. By preventing NE breakdown, its fat burning effect is stronger and lasts longer.

Stearoylethanolamide (SEA)

Stearoylethanolamide (SEA) has been shown to decrease food intake independent of PPAR and without changing hematochemical parameters such as glucose and triglyceride levels or leptin (a hormone involved with satiety) expression [3]. The appetite decreasing effect of SEA was associated with a reduction in liver stearoyl-CoA desaturase-1 (SCD-1) mRNA expression. SCD-1 is the rate-limiting enzyme in the biosynthesis of monounsaturated fats and its reduction is believed to lead to increased fatty acid oxidation and decreased lipogenesis in skeletal muscle and the liver [4].

TetradecylThioacetic Acid (TTA)

TetradecylThioacetic Acid (TTA) is another PPARalpha activator [7]. TTA works in conjunction with OEA in increasing the oxidation of fatty acids and decreasing the storage of fatty acids. TTA has been shown to increase insulin sensitivity by increasing hepatic fat oxidation and ketogenesis while draining fatty acids from the blood and extrahepatic tissues. Increased insulin sensitivity means less insulin needs to be secreted to accomplish a given task. This is beneficial while dieting because insulin is anti-lipolytic.

Summary
• OEA and SEA decrease appetite
o Consuming less calories leads to fat loss
• OEA and TTA activate PPARalpha
o Activation of PPARalpha increase the rate and capacity of fat oxidation
• The combination of a decreased caloric intake and elevated fatty acid oxidation ensures fat loss success

If you’re interested in not only optimizing your health but also decreasing appetite and enhancing fat loss all while preserving precious lean muscle, LipidFX is the perfect supplement for you!

References:

1. Proulx K, Cota D, Castaneda TR, Tschop MH, D'Alessio DA, Tso P, Woods SC, Seeley RJ. Mechanisms of oleoylethanolamide-induced changes in feeding behavior and motor activity. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2005 Sep;289(3):R729-37.
2. Fu J, Oveisi F, Gaetani S, Lin E, Piomelli D. Oleoylethanolamide, an endogenous PPAR-alpha agonist, lowers body weight and hyperlipidemia in obese rats. Neuropharmacology. 2005 Jun;48(8):1147-53.
3. Terrazzino S, Berto F, Dalle Carbonare M, Fabris M, Guiotto A, Bernardini D, Leon A. Stearoylethanolamide exerts anorexic effects in mice via down-regulation of liver stearoyl-coenzyme A desaturase-1 mRNA expression. FASEB J. 2004 Oct;18(13):1580-2. Epub 2004 Aug 2.
4. Dobrzyn A, Ntambi JM The role of stearoyl-CoA desaturase in the control of metabolism.
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2005 Jul;73(1):35-41.
5. Fu, J., et al. Oleylethanolamine regulates feeding and body weight through activation of the nuclear receptor PPAR-α. Nature 425, 90-93 (2003)
6. J Agric Food Chem. 2001 May;49(5):2647-51
7. Madsen L, et al. Tetradecylthioacetic acid prevents high fat diet induced adiposity and insulin resistance. J Lipid Res. 2002 May;43(5):742-50.

More info here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/scivation/36541-lipidfx-here.html

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hello!

My name is Peter, I'm a retail manager for a supplement chain, and I would make a good tester because I like to try certain products and give honest testimonials to customers.. I also enjoy walks on the beach, shopping, and roleplay.. :)

Seriously, pitch it to VS and I'll just buy some.. Fenotest was an awesome product, I've ordered Sesamin and Xtend for myself, I trust this one will be good as well.. :thumbsup:

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My name is adams, I am a suppliholic. Trying to keep the fat gain off, after my last cycle, which was a recomp. Also.... I already buy WAY more supplements than my military pay already can support!!!! And unlike Pete, with the beaches and shopping. You can just give me a shot and a smack on the ass, and Im good to go!!!

Seriously,this looks like a very PROMISING product, and would love to give it full run down for you.

Adams

Last edited:
julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
i've been dieting & using eca type stacks for 2 months now. riding a recumbent bike 7 mornings a week. it might be interesting to see if this re-accelerates fat loss. i've tried a little bit of most of what's out there & i could offer an objective point of view.

IronBear

IronBear

Awards
Hello, my name is Larry (22 years of age) and I have been lurking on these boards for awhile, but have yet to post. I would glady test your product as I have tried various sesamin products, such as MAN's sesathin, in the past and since I am currently trying to reduce an excess amount of bodyfat (over 15%) while putting on quality lean muscle I believe it would be to my benefit to reincorporate your Lipid FX in my supplement usage. I have been lifting for 2.5 years.. dropped from 290 lbs to 185 in a year and have been bouncing back and forth between 190-215 since then. If you select me I will gladly keep a log including diet and workout routine on these boards, thanks again and happy holidays :)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I think I'd make a good tester because I am a very critical about the supplements I use. I strive to keep accurate and detailed logs, and always take a more scientific approach when gauging how a new product affects me.

You LipidFX product sounds promising. I am working on going from 11 to 8%BF over the next few months, and Id love to try it out in hopes that it will help me achieve my goals.

I can promise you accurate and honest feedback, if its great - Ill let you know. If it doesn't do anything for me, Ill let you know that as well.

BV

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey Derek id love to try this supp.! The reason i feel id be good at trying this supp. is that its hard for me to keep my appetite down, especially on TTA and if this kept it down id be buyin this supp. for forever. Im also getting ready to cut so this would be perfect.

:woohoo: Lets go Derek woohoo!! lol jk jk im not getting to excited yet!

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
I'd be very interested in testing lipid fx if you don't mind that I test it while im product testing prometabolix's pump juice 2.0. I have tested products for customnutrition warehouse, avant, sciavation, bulk nutrition and a few other companies. Pretty much, I am extremely anal retentive about how my body reacts/responds to things and keep a pretty concise log on everything. I have a number of logs already on here at anabolicminds. Also, I pretty much love the product quality of scivation, and have been meaning to test a good TTA product. Since this has an added appetite suppresant (and I seem to have an appetite like you), its an even greater bonus.
Im also curious as to how any TTA product stacks up against DNP, both in terms of sides and efficacy. Since ive done one, its time to try the other.

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
looks solid and I will probably go through 2-3 bottles this christmas time frame to give a try

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
they might not like that you mispelled their brand name...
possible loss in testing their product out

I didn't know I had hired an editor...but for now lets stick to the dissertation.
Really, does this contribute anything to the thread? Scivation knows I'd be meticulous in my log.

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
I would like to test LipidFX to help with my January recomp. I was recomping from September until November, but I broke my hand. I want to see the direct comparison of this type of product against clen, ECY, and sesamin. With my experience with these types of products, I think that I make an excellent candidate for this product.
Stats
21 yo
5'10"
205 lbs currently about 12%

I do not have trouble lowering my bf until I get to ~10%, which is the point where I fell that I plateau.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I doubt this is what you are looking for, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyways.

Right now I am not cutting yet, but I am trying to bulk. I have been bulking so far this year and have added more fat than I would like to have on me. I would be willing to test this product for use as a very lean bulker. I am would be trying to still bulk but keep the fat from coming on me and possibly losing some of it. I know it has soemthing for appetite and would be willing to try for this purpose anyways.

Well if this fits in anywhere with what you see as a possible use for this product feel free to throw some this way. The only log I have kept recently is http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/30514-6week-dermal-oral-begins.html?highlight=6+week+dermal

ChiTown72

ChiTown72

Board Supporter
Awards
I would like to test.
18 y/o
5 Years lifting/supplements

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn't know I had hired an editor...but for now lets stick to the dissertation.
Really, does this contribute anything to the thread? Scivation knows I'd be meticulous in my log.
I'm sorry, I was pretty drunk last night

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I'm in the process of leaning out prior to an upcoming bulk in january. I have 15 years experience and train 5 days a week. I do lots of low-intensity cardio and appetite is my main cutting enemy.

I can keep a good log.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey Derek im fine and all on the supp since fat loss isnt a huge concern for me right now just wanted to say it looks like a solid supp and good luck to all those that get to try it, here at AM id expect you guys to keep some decent logs and cant wait to see its real world effects.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
DAdams91982

julius kelp

BigVrunga

3clipseGT

Olb33

Max32's Girlfriend

PM me your addresses. I am going to pick 2 more testers, but I want to give a little more time for people to post.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'd be glad to test the product as well. I'm 23 years old and have 8 years of lifting experience. I've only started realizing how important diet is within the past year, and would love to try Lipid-Fx as it sounds like an excellent addition to a sound diet to cut the fat.

I tried Avant Labs Sesathin back in May, and I went from about 15% down to 10% using Sesathin and Superdrol and eating above maintenance. Lipid-Fx sounds just as good and I'd love to see if it could get me at the sub 10% level!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
:woohoo: Rock on bro! I e-mailed ya my info!

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you know what i retract my last statement, i was just thinking how dandy it would be to totally eliminate these handles ive got here and if its a non stimulant then id be happy to check it out and run a fully detailed log on weight, feelings and pretty sure i can accurately attribute what changes are being brought on by the Lipid Fx. I am 21 (for another month) 5'11" 183lbs and ~ 12-14% bf. have a regular diet and regular w/o routine so any changes would be noticable. thanks for the oportunity and good luck to all the testers again!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Woohoo First time picked for anything, other than first man out the door while running with Marines. :blink:

Adams

ChiTown72

ChiTown72

Board Supporter
Awards
Ok maybe I soulda given a little more info...

Age-18
Sex-M
Will be doing a log
Height-5'9"
Weight-195
Bodytype- Meso/Endo
Training- 5 years
Current Routine- 3 day lifting split with 3 days of cardio
Current Supps- Fish Oil, Multi, Whey, Creatine
Current Diet- Taking in around 2000 cals a day, mostly chicken and veggies
Current Goal- Cut to around 180 and keep the muscle i have
Long Term- Get up to 200 and getting under 10% bf
Drugs- None
Supp History- ZMA, VNS Jacked, Bulk CEE, Omega Cre Ethyl thunder, cytovol, animal pak, animal nitro, san v12, HMB, Cell-Tech lol etc etc

Done a bunch of logs/reviews at another (BB) wesite

z28man

Awards
  • Established
I would like to test this out for you. I put on a good bit of water and fat on my last Emax cycle and splurged too much at Thanksgiving, I really need to get rid of some of this excess. Here's my stats:

Age-25
Sex-M
Height-5'11"
Weight-225
BF-about 15%
Training- 7 years
Current Diet- Ive been eating a pretty loose 7-8 meals per day. Diet is somewhat clean, but I plan to clean it up some by including more lean cuts of meat, green veggies, and less shakes/quick foods to help lean out a bit.
Current Goal- I would like to lose about 1 inch off of my waist and keep the strength I gained from my last cycle.
Supp Use-Ive used just about everything known to man it seems. I used Melting Point at 6 caps per day to some success, although it really just seemed to keep me from getting super fat while on PCT and eating multiple Thanksgiving dinners. Seems to be good for damage control if nothing else but I wasnt exactly cutting at the time either.

The makeup of this supp seems pretty solid. I used Scivations Sesamin to great success in the past, so hopefully this would work even better. Thanks.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Poopypants and Chitown72 hook me up with your addresses.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Address is sent sir! thanks again for this oportunity and i look forward to seeing what kind of results it brings!
You aint kiddin bro. Just outa curiosity is there enough TTA in the product that it would render it as effective as MP? Just curious. Also Derek not rushing or getting impatient but any time from to expect these, or when there gonna be shipped out? Thanks again bro for letting me test this, ill keep the best log possible!

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
You aint kiddin bro. Just outa curiosity is there enough TTA in the product that it would render it as effective as MP? Just curious. Also Derek not rushing or getting impatient but any time from to expect these, or when there gonna be shipped out? Thanks again bro for letting me test this, ill keep the best log possible!
There is 1000 mg TTA per full dose in Lipid Fx. There are also two other ingredients that will aid in fat loss. Since I do not know the amount of TTA in MP, I cannot comment on the comparison.

These will be shipped out on Friday, so you will get them next week.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is 1000 mg TTA per full dose in Lipid Fx. There are also two other ingredients that will aid in fat loss. Since I do not know the amount of TTA in MP, I cannot comment on the comparison.

These will be shipped out on Friday, so you will get them next week.
Got ya bro, sounds good to me!

Sorry im asking so many questions, this type of stuff just gets me excited! LOL on a serious note. Are these gonna be in bottles that they will be sold in or are they just in any type of bottle really?

Thanks again for the chance to try this supp out.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
I filled the caps in my cap'n'quik and put them in a zip lock bag...

Just kidding! These are the final version in the retail bottle.

Got ya bro, sounds good to me!

Sorry im asking so many questions, this type of stuff just gets me excited! LOL on a serious note. Are these gonna be in bottles that they will be sold in or are they just in any type of bottle really?

Thanks again for the chance to try this supp out.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I filled the caps in my cap'n'quik and put them in a zip lock bag...

Just kidding! These are the final version in the retail bottle.
YES! Just the way i like them! LOL jk.

Have you tried this product out yet Derek? If so, thoughts? Im excited to try it!

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
any kind of update on the status of supplements sent? have these been sent out yet and if so when should we expect them? id like to do some kind of timing with my current supplementation so any info would be appreciated. thanks again for this opportunity to test this out for you. :woohoo:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Derek- just received mine yesterday, thanks. How do you want this tested? By itself, or is it OK to use it with other supps?

I plan on finishing my cut after the 1st of the year starting with a 6-week NHA/PGH-T stack - Im planning to add the LipidFX in with that.

BV

primal1

Awards
  • Established
if want to test it on somebody who is not as active to see how well it would work on lazy people, my wife does not lift weights. she eats really healthy(i don't let her buy crap for groceries, my 2 year old hardly has any baby fat). all she does is pilates.

ChiTown72

ChiTown72

Board Supporter
Awards
derek i sent you my info the other day, did you get it?

peace_frog

Awards
Im new here, so howdy! Ive been on other forums for years but im new to this one. Is it to late to get on this? Im 29 and have tried a lot of supps. If i can still get in on this ill post details. Let me know, and thanks in advance for any reply. Great forum btw! Its becoming my new hang out.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
im guessing since i was picked last ill be one of the last to recieve it but any ideas when this will be?

ChiTown72

ChiTown72

Board Supporter
Awards
derek, do you have any idea as to when we should be gettind lipid fx?