Cee Side Effects

Dennking

Awards
Anyone here experiences diarrhoea, Acne and extreme thirst when ya on CEE!!??

I ve drank gallons of water but I m still very thirsty!!!!:wtf:

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Not here. I'm unconvinced by the science and personal experience with CEE versus CM, the plain 'ol Mono has the same effect for me.

I have a bud who has the same opinion of CM versus CEE, but he says mixing his CM with baking soda to reduce Acidity boosts the effect by enhancing absorbtion, so he believes, haven't tried it.

I digress, no adverse physical sides here.

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
Well, I will say that if I don't drink a TON of water when I take CEE I get dry mouth and am very thirsty. Other than that, CEE doesn't have man other sides that come to mind. As a side not, I don't think Acne can be directly linked to CEE considering it is not hormonal. Maybe youre just working harder at the gym and need to shower off better...:think:

O14

oli200

Awards
I actually get an increase in acne whilst using CEE but no extreme thirst or other sides.

50joe

Awards
  • Established
I know of one person who gets acne from Creatine Mono. I'd assume he'd also get it from CEE. I never believed him, until he stopped taking it, and it went away. Then he started again, and back came the acne.

93cobra

Board Supporter
Awards
I have used both CEE and Mono have never noticed anything except for the urge to urinate more often. That is probably just from the increase of fluids though. That is a bummer about the diarrhea.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I hold less water using CEE. I did experience the thirst when I first stated taking it as well, but increasing H2O intake fixed that. I get better/fuller pumps on CEE as well.

BV

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am dryer on CEE. no negative sides noticed. I more pumped and strength increases on CEE. I did not get anything from mono except bloat after a few days.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
CEE seems to have given me acne as well. BTW, I agree with Rogue that that if your a CM responder then there is no advantage to CEE over CM.

93cobra

Board Supporter
Awards
The urge to urinate was definitely more prevalent with Mono. Since I respond to both, I would say the only advantage would be the "dryer" gains on CEE. If I had the money I would use it all the time.

oli200

Awards
I respond to both but much prefer the CEE. Like cobra said there is less fluid retention. I find when using CM the extra water makes me slugish when playing sports and I dont get this with CEE, just the increase in strength.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I respond to both as well,but get better pumps on CEE, definitely. Strength gains seem about the same.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
This probably goes in the " Does it really matter mechanism of action" category of knowledge.

I would speculate that an increase in acne from Creatine use may be caused by the increased cellular metabolism from Creatine use, and maybe the change in cell hydration, either or both may cause a change in body tempature. Change in body tempature are supposedly a cause for acne breakouts. I've read that this is the reason why drinking Alcohol will often cause a breakout, the shift in body temp.

The change in temp is probably the precursor to so other action, but that I don't know.

Revodrew,

If I were you, I would try the other forms of creatine, besides CM and CEE. You might find one that works for you. Creatine is a good add to the chemical toolkit. The most you lose is a few trial $ and you can probably trade 'em or just give them to a friend if they don't do anything.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
So I guess no one elses knuckles drag on the floor after using CEE? :blink: Maybe I'm alergic.

theJmad

theJmad

Awards
i did experience acne from it and had to quit taking it. i know everyone says it doesnt cause it but i know its what did it to me.

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
Problem is long term side effects is unknown, there is tons of studies that provide creatine is safe. But cee is estrified, which makes it an ampliphilic molecule. Ampliphilic substances can cross the brain barrier, so what side this lead to!!......i dont realy know, but its something to keep in mind.

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
I get really thirsty but i just drink more water......u get the sh*ts? i always take less #2's when on any creatine....thats odd

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established

Yes. Also Iused to pee out the window in the middle of the night when my parent's were getting ready for work. With CEE, my pee started killing the grass.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established

only side effect ive had, if you call it one was ruining a metal spoon i put in the container lol

it rusted the **** out of it.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
So I guess no one elses knuckles drag on the floor after using CEE? :blink: Maybe I'm alergic.
I'm finishing the tub I have, but I have to take it at night, because I do notice this.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
only side effect ive had, if you call it one was ruining a metal spoon i put in the container lol

it rusted the **** out of it.
Today's spoon's probably won't even rust like that in water.

BiG in NYC 82

BiG in NYC 82

Awards
So anyone read up on CEE where it's basically have been debunked and nowhere near effective as CrM?

BiG in NYC 82

BiG in NYC 82

Awards
So anyone read up on CEE where it's basically have been debunked and nowhere near effective as CrM?
As noted in a study below?

A recent double blind placebo controlled study compared creatine ethyl ester(CEE) to creatine monohydrate. The study lasted seven weeks and included thirty men who underwent a resistance training protocol, while receiving one of the three treatments.

Subjects took 20g/day of either creatine monohydrate, CEE or placebo for the first five days and then took 5g/day for the remaining 42 days. Some of the key take home points of this study are as follows:

1. Creatine monohydrate showed statistically higher blood serum creatine concentrations compared to CEE, certainly a good thing in favor of creatine monohydrate over CEE and goes directly against the marketing tactics of CEE’s supposed superiority of bioavailability over creatine monohydrate. A definite strike against CEE's efficacy.
2. When creatine is metabolized, it is broken down into a waste product called creatinine, which our body excretes. The researchers found that CEE actually increased creatinine levels 3x greater than creatine monohydrate, again not a good thing. Another strike two against CEE.
3. Very importantly, muscle creatine levels with creatine monohydrate where significantly higher than CEE. And creatine monohydrate showed increases in muscle creatine levels at day 6, while it took CEE 27 days to show a similar increase. This should come as no surprise, as a previous study(Tallon) showed much of CEE gets converted in the stomach acid into the waste product creatinine. So by the time it reached the blood serum, there would be less available to be transported into skeletal muscle and raise muscle creatine concentrations. Another strike against CEE and again this data goes directly the marketing claims from CEE containing products, that CEE works faster than creatine monohydrate.
4. Lastly, extracellular water(bloat) was increased greatest in the CEE group, again go directly against the marketing claims put forth by CEE products, that CEE causes less water retention(bloat) compared to creatine monohydrate.

Mike Spillane1, Ryan Schoch4, Matt Cooke1, Travis Harvey5, Mike Greenwood1, Richard Kreider3 and Darryn S Willoughby
The effects of creatine ethyl ester supplementation combined with heavy resistance training on body composition, muscle
performance, and serum and muscle creatine levels. Journal of the international society of sports nutrition 2009, 6:6