cable626's cholesterol problems.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Cable....I know those supps are supposed to be good for cholesterol...however if you read my earlier post in this thread, Id be surprised if u used SesaThin and flax seed (not the oil) for a cpl of months...got tested again and aren't pleased with the results....i had extremely high levels and was about to be given cholesterol-lowering meds....but since using the above, everytime i get my cholestero checked (most recently 2 months ago) my levels are good as....

2. Cable....I know those supps are supposed to be good for cholesterol...however if you read my earlier post in this thread, Id be surprised if u used SesaThin and flax seed (not the oil) for a cpl of months...got tested again and aren't pleased with the results....i had extremely high levels and was about to be given cholesterol-lowering meds....but since using the above, everytime i get my cholestero checked (most recently 2 months ago) my levels are good as....
    •   

3. Cable....I know those supps are supposed to be good for cholesterol...however if you read my earlier post in this thread, Id be surprised if u used SesaThin and flax seed (not the oil) for a cpl of months...got tested again and aren't pleased with the results....i had extremely high levels and was about to be given cholesterol-lowering meds....but since using the above, everytime i get my cholestero checked (most recently 2 months ago) my levels are good as....

4. Yea, I'm going to continue the sesathin, I didn't use it as often as I would like.
    It's about long term health, so I'm taking this whole situation one step at a time.

I want to be around a long time, God willing, to start a family and watch my children grow. I sometimes forget that my number one reason for living the life of a bodybuilder is to be healthy.

5. 1fast has fish oil gels.
    100gels for $3.25
    great deal, I swallow them like candy
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
    •   

6. I was just checking out CNW's, its $27.99 and you get 1000.

7. Polyunsaturated fats may help lower LDL but do not preserve HDL.

If you are taking niacin it is only in the nicotenic acid form that you will recieve any HDL benefit (Niaspan).

Fish Oil caps may be beneficial for cardiovascular health due to anti-inflammatory properties but they won't raise your HDL.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC

8. Quote Originally Posted by cable626
    alright guys, I just went for another blood test, let me know what you guys think.
    There was a problem, and it didn't calculate my LDL, but I have HDL and Non-HDL.

Nov '05
    HDL:47
    LDL: 137

Today, 1/21/06
    HDL: 29
    Non-HDL: 107

Now lets get the obvious over with: why the hell is my HDL so much lower when I have been taking supps to help! RYR+Coq10, Policosanol, and Niacin.
    The doc said don't worry about it as I'm a young guy.

For a man, any HDL below 40 is something to worry about. However, it could just be a fluke (Ex. your liver was busy dealing with the effects of a virus you never knew you had or something). If your HDL stays low, then you should worry.

The Mayo Clinic has a wonderful online resource which grades supplements for their effectiveness for various medical conditions. Look here: http://mayoclinic.com/health/cholesterol/CL00006

9. Quote Originally Posted by jonny21
    If you are taking niacin it is only in the nicotenic acid form that you will recieve any HDL benefit (Niaspan).
    Anyone know a source for the nicotenic acid... or is it only available w/ a scrip?

-Moose

10. Quote Originally Posted by mrmoose63
    Anyone know a source for the nicotenic acid... or is it only available w/ a scrip?

-Moose
    Should be available OTC in most pharmacies, health food or supplement stores. When buying Niacin (B-3) make sure it is not the flush free. Look at the label or ask whether it is nicotenic acid or nicotinamide.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. post cycle problems
    By Sanosuke in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-06-2003, 12:20 PM
  2. Screen problems w/ BDC Forums
    By labrad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-23-2002, 04:27 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-20-2002, 06:58 PM