Glucophase XR by Designer Supplements

AML

Awards
Is this supplement helpful in gaining lean muscle mass? If so would it be helpful during a cycle or during PCT?

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
During a cycle as an anti-oxidant, yes. But the effects it has on partitioning for adding LBM will be insignificant to the effects of androgens.

Dennking

Awards
from wat i noe, its to make up pumped up when u load it wif carbo. :hammer:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
It is supposed to be good on cycle, during pct, during cutting and during bulking ;)

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does R-ALA and regular ALA have the same antioxidant potential as K-R-ALA?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Does R-ALA and regular ALA have the same antioxidant potential as K-R-ALA?
Yes, but it has a much shorter shelf-life. Glucophase is great post w/o on or off cycle and very good for dieting as well as bulking schemes too.

uhockey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Is this supplement helpful in gaining lean muscle mass? If so would it be helpful during a cycle or during PCT?
Gaining Lean Mass......not really, but keeping you from putting on loads of fat while you're working hard and eating clean, hell yeah.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
Yes, but it has a much shorter shelf-life. Glucophase is great post w/o on or off cycle and very good for dieting as well as bulking schemes too.
Hey Doc, I remember you saying something a while back about the Glucophase potentiating some of the effects of androgens. You mentioned something about intensifying the effects of the glycogen loading nature of SD, would this still hold true with other androgens as well like Ergo or PP, or just SD specifically?

uhockey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey Doc, I remember you saying something a while back about the Glucophase potentiating some of the effects of androgens. You mentioned something about intensifying the effects of the glycogen loading nature of SD, would this still hold true with other androgens as well like Ergo or PP, or just SD specifically?
As the product has SOME cytochrome P450 inhibiting effects, it would likely prolong the effects of all hepatically metabolized products. I don't use PHs, therefore I do not advise on them, this is just logic.

Redeemer

Awards
GXR is probably my all around favorite supp. I am currently in the middle of a 4AD, and SD cycle and I am using GXR with tons of carbs. Fruit like you wouldn't believe and as much nasty ass oatmeal as I can stomach. All I can say is unfuckingbelievable!

I will up the GXR dose during PCT since I plan on keeping calories high.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
GXR is probably my all around favorite supp. I am currently in the middle of a 4AD, and SD cycle and I am using GXR with tons of carbs. Fruit like you wouldn't believe and as much nasty ass oatmeal as I can stomach. All I can say is unfuckingbelievable!
Lean gains, yeah?

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Approximately how long is the shelf lifeof R-ALA, and what are the factors that can degrade it so fast.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
Approximately how long is the shelf lifeof R-ALA, and what are the factors that can degrade it so fast.
R-ALA itself is inherently unstable and can degrade due to light and heat during production which can yield a worthless product. The Potassium was added to the R-ALA to make it more stable and less resistant to degradation. I know that many people take bulk R-ALA and like it and some take DS's Glucophase and swear by it.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
R-ALA itself is inherently unstable and can degrade due to light and heat during production which can yield a worthless product. The Potassium was added to the R-ALA to make it more stable and less resistant to degradation. I know that many people take bulk R-ALA and like it and some take DS's Glucophase and swear by it.
So I would imagine that regular ALA can degrade the same way, what I am trying to get at is a inexpensive form of ALA that gives me the most antioxidant power, I love DS supplements, but I can't afford to be on GXR all the time.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
So I would imagine that regular ALA can degrade the same way, what I am trying to get at is a inexpensive form of ALA that gives me the most antioxidant power, I love DS supplements, but I can't afford to be on GXR all the time.
Many have good results will regular ALA, the only problem is that most ALA supplements contain both the R and S isomers of ALA. The S-isomer is pretty much useless, so you might have to dose a bit higher to get more of the R-isomer It really depends on how you react to ALA supplements. You could always take a higher dose of a regular ALA supplement and see how you react to it compared to GXR. Granted that GXR has a few more goodies in it than regular ALA, but it all depends on how you react to it. I do think that you can find bulk K-RALA powder. I believe that Geronova sells bulk K-R-ALA powder and caps with 100mg of K-R-ALA and D-Biotin added.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
No, it's andros in general. It seems to be especially pronounced with certain ones like SD and M1T though. Plus the enzyme connection that Uhockey pointed out.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Gaining Lean Mass......not really, but keeping you from putting on loads of fat while you're working hard and eating clean, hell yeah.

This is why I bought it, because that is EXACTLY what I need. Im starting as soon as my package arrives.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
UHCougar05's post made most of the points on this. It's an unstable, organic acid so heat and air (oxygen) will degrade it within 3-6 months if not stored properly. Keep it in a freezer well sealed if you use the free acid, and only buy it from a place that has kept theirs stored the same way. If it's been sitting in some hot ass warehouse all summer before you get it, your product may be 50% or less of what it should be. That's not as good a deal as it sounds buying the bulk acid cheap. The K-r-ALA (like is found in GRX) is the safest bet for sure and a stable form that has good feedback on it's effects.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
No, it's andros in general. It seems to be especially pronounced with certain ones like SD and M1T though. Plus the enzyme connection that Uhockey pointed out.
Cool, that answers my question Doc. Appreciate it. :thumbsup:

uhockey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This is why I bought it, because that is EXACTLY what I need. Im starting as soon as my package arrives.
I do believe you'll be quite satisfied with the results. :):thumbsup:

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
My biggest gripe about GXR is that they only come in small bottles of 90. When they first came out I asked about being able to buy them in bulk (240+) at lower prices at another forum (BN) and was told that DS would probably do that in the near future. The near future came and went with no changes. I've recently begun asking around for cheaper alternatives but have not found anything yet.

How about it? My wallet's hurting and any way I can save money would be great.

-Blesum

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I agree Blesum, all things being even I'd love to use GXR all the time but it's much more expensive. It comes down to if you buy the degredation talk or not, I'm on the fence. I've used Syntrax R, BN R-ALA and GXR and I thought they all worked about the same for me, which is to say I wasn't blown away by them but they had a place in a regime. I'd try the Syntrax R if your looking to save money but I'm pretty sure that Syntrax hasn't produced this product for awhile so storage and where the product comes from will be important if you believe in the degradation of the stuff, which people smarter than I seem to agree can happen.