How important is a cortisol blocker for PCT?

• Thread starter Lithuanian Bear
  • Start date
Lithuanian Bear

Lithuanian Bear

Awards
Is this really much more helpful in retaining Muscle mass after a cycle? If it is which product is best bang for your dollar? Alri's retain, designer supps LE ? Or any other brand?

Truck 44

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I like to use a cortisol blocker, for pct. It really seems to help me hold onto my gains when coming off. Since I started using a cortisol blocker with PCT, it has been a lot smoother transition for me. I have used Lean extreme and Phosphadityl-Serine both work great. lean extreme is a better bang for your buck, most places are sold out. I believe Axis and Serious Nutrition Solutions make a similar product. I have heard retain is good, but I havn't tried it yet, but will soon. since I found it for a great price.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I use 7-Oxo in dermabolics carrier. 15 grams of powder & 8oz bottle of the carrier at Bulk Nutrition is $44.95 and at 100mg ed will last 150 days.

Best bang for the buck IMO.

Retain has a 17a-methyl. I personally would not want that as part of my PCT.

zed

zed

Board Supporter
Awards
big difference in keeping gains using Lean extreme last Pct, as opposed to previous not using one.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not all methyls are bad...

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cortisol is elevated post cycle, and adds complication to recovery, it is ideal to have Test as the frontrunner, and not have other competitive hormones during pct.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Not all methyls are bad...
If I thought they were, I wouldn't be using one now. :lol: Just that I would not want my liver getting strained during PCT when there are better options for blocking cortisol. IMO

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
cortisol blockers are definitely a plus. 21st Century PCT is pretty damn high-tech, and thngs like LX are key components IMO.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If I thought they were, I wouldn't be using one now. :lol: Just that I would not want my liver getting strained during PCT when there are better options for blocking cortisol. IMO
Anabolic analogues (hormones) change in effect and structural design with a 17a attachment. Not everything methylated causes liver distress, the bloodwork on methylATD on ALRI's site proved that.. Retain would be fine for an anti-catabolic for PCT.. Wanna save your liver? Stay away from thermos with methylxanthines, which would be hard since it's caffiene..

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Anabolic analogues (hormones) change in effect and structural design with a 17a attachment. Not everything methylated causes liver distress, the bloodwork on methylATD on ALRI's site proved that.. Retain would be fine for an anti-catabolic for PCT.. Wanna save your liver? Stay away from thermos with methylxanthines, which would be hard since it's caffiene..
Did not know that, thanks for the correction.:goodpost:

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Don't take it as me being a dick (for once I'm not), but it makes my sack itch when people assume anything methylated is liver toxic.. ;)

picasso

Awards
I use 7-Oxo in dermabolics carrier. 15 grams of powder & 8oz bottle of the carrier at Bulk Nutrition is $44.95 and at 100mg ed will last 150 days.

Best bang for the buck IMO.

Retain has a 17a-methyl. I personally would not want that as part of my PCT.
What's the dosage per squirt using the dermabolics carrier? Same as 'penetrate'? What's your daily dosage?

soma

soma

Awards
  • Established
an 8oz dermabolics carrier has 60 servings (5 squirts per serving)
so to calculate mgs per squirt. use this formula
total mgs in bottle/ 300 (or 60x5). 15,000 mgs / 300 = 50 mgs per squirt at that concentration. It looks like bpmartyr was using 2 squirt per day according to his post. hope that is clear.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
total mgs in bottle/ 300 (or 60x5). 15,000 mgs / 300 = 50 mgs per squirt at that concentration. It looks like bpmartyr was using 2 squirt per day according to his post. hope that is clear.
Pretty much it. I don't usually use the "squirts" however. I like to use an oral syringe to measure it out, anal, I know. I believe I was using 0.8ml 2X ed to yield 100mg.

picasso

Awards
Does 15g of the 7-oxo dissolve easily into the Transport Carrier? I had some trouble mixing up DHEA powder into 'Penetrate' before - it left some on the bottom that I'd have to shake up every time.

gten79

Awards
So would it be ok to use both LX and Retain for PCT. Or is Retain enough for blocking cortisol during PCT?:type:

shaorinor

Awards
Yah, do not associate methylation with instant liver toxicity. This is not true. Liver toxicity will be heavily dependent on the compound that is methylated. If it was not liver toxic to begin with, the addition of a methyl group does not automatically make it so.

I've seen so many sites where users see methyl and automatically associate "extremely liver toxic" to it.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Finally!! Someone who knows methyl does not mean "toxic".. :woohoo:

I'd be a rich fucker if I got royalties on all the fuss about methylated PCT products.. :nutkick:

tothetop

Awards
what site can I go to for verification of methylation and toxicity?