Beverly products

Kow

Awards
Every now and then, on this board and others, comments will pop up about Beverly products, and they are never negative (or if they are, I've never seen any). From looking at the nutritional facts of any of theirs, though, I don't see anything special. I mean, I understand that each ingredient may be of the highest quality, and that's fine, but is that enough, or better yet, are the results enough to justify the higher prices?

I'm asking this question partially out of skepticism and partially out of curiosity...and I'm referring mainly to their proteins and not something like their liver tabs (probably because I'm not that knowledgeable on the difference between their liver tabs and that of others).

Also, for those that do praise them, have you tried them out, or are your opinions based on heresay? That again is not a question out of spite; I'm seriously wondering if you're basing how you feel on your personal experiences or on how those you talk to have felt about them.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Honestly, no. There are some advocated of BI, and thats fine, high quality yes, cost effective hell no. If you can afford their products on a regular basis, great, I sure cant. I have used their liver tabs (as recommended by John Benz), they were fine, did nothing for me Universal Nutrition's didnt do.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Ive heard a lot of good things about Beverly Products but they are kinda spendy. If you can afford it, go for it.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
high quality is all well and good, but cost inevitably becomes a factor when the **** is as expensive as beverly's is, and there are other cheaper ways to do the same things... I personally wouldn't use them unless you **** money.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
high quality is all well and good, but cost inevitably becomes a factor when the **** is as expensive as beverly's is, and there are other cheaper ways to do the same things... I personally wouldn't use them unless you **** money.
Bump. Even if you have discretionary income, why piss it away unnecessarily?

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Were not here to manage peoples money folks! LOL! The question is, is Beverly worth the money. Some would say yes, as Beverly has serious followers. Some would say no. Is Beverly products high quality? Yes. I personally would not spend the money on them, as I have not tried them. But if I did try them, and I liked them, and I could afford it, then I would buy it. Remeber, half the time with supps its about perception, not reality.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
well, that's what I'm saying... high quality or not, it's outweighed by the much too high price since similar results can be gained for substantially less green. not trying to manage money, just offering perspective and opinion. I keep hearing these people who **** a brick about the quality quality quality of their fucking protein powder... :rolleyes: please. you said it WW, it's about perception, so why buy into "woo, beverly is expensive and prestigious so I should only buy their **** and never look back"... it's not powdered gold, it's still protein, I'm sorry... I'll stick with my cheaper, much higher value **** and save all kinds of cash, AND feel much much better about myself for not spending 35 dollars for two pounds of protein. but hell, if I could "afford" it (read: could print my own bills) I'd probably buy it exclusively too.

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The answer is a resounding yes. With Beverly you get wahat you pay for, and it is a fact that even though Beverly sponsors NO ONE, every Mr. Olympia winner for the past 15 years has used their products. Ronnie Coleman has a can of Ultra-Size on his shelf in the UNBELIEVABLE video, even though he is sponsored by Weider and given all the Weider protein he could ever use for free. YJ is the only person I ever talked to that claims a comparison and sees no difference.

Their liver tabs contain over twice as much liver per tab, and yes there is a difference. I would use nothing but Beverly if I could afford to, and I still use their liver tabs, as there is a big difference in results.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
so, just because a few top bodybuilders use them they must be the best of the best? top bodybuilders do all kinds of goofy ****, I don't see that as an argument...

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
so, just because a few top bodybuilders use them they must be the best of the best? top bodybuilders do all kinds of goofy ****, I don't see that as an argument...
Everyone I have ever talked to who knows what they are talking about and has used Beverly will tell you the same thing. Of course there's always those who talk about the big boys.... but don't really have a clue. ;)

Kow

Awards
It's good to hear that I'm on the right track with my assumptions...that it's good quality but not necessarily worth the price if cost is an issue.

John, could you explain why they're such higher quality? I mean, something can be said for the difference between concentrate vs. isolate and that isolate is "better" than concentrate, but the differences are minimal IMO. Are there any huge differences in, for instance, Beverly's Ultra Size in comparison to a blend like Pro Blend 55? Yes, Ultra Size uses "beef plasma" and maybe it's great. There are also only 17g of protein per serving and 35 servings per 2lb. jug which costs $34.42 at 1fast not including shipping. I know you could use more than one scoop but that basically just drives the cost up. Can you offer some real, scientific reasons (not asking for studies, I'll take your word and I'm sure the rest will also since you are a respected member here) why the ingredients of their proteins--in quantities that don't cross the line of "ridiculous pricing"--are so much better than that of others?

I understand that possibly 100-200g of (insert Beverly protein product here) may be more beneficial than 100-200g of GNC brand protein. As to how much, I don't really know. Hell, really, a similar comparison between Nitro Tech and GNC protein would show that Nitro Tech is better. In the real world, though, hardly any of us are in a "price is not an issue" situation, and the value of a product is dictated by more factors than just its intrinsic anabolic/weight loss/whatever value. Price is huge in there...and it seems like the Beverly-heads are right in that it's high quality, but I think they'd need to rethink it if you think it is of a higher value than something else.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
I'm curious to know what the hell Beef Plasma is supposed to do in support of muscle growth.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
We should analize BI Liver tabs & Universal's.....

But I couldnt find the exact ingredients in BI's liver tabs. All I can say is.... 500 tabs of Universal's = $10. 500 tabs of BI's = $34. That makes it a tough choice huh. Granted BI is high quality, but Universal's has worked time and time again for me, and 95% of the people who's used them, no since in paying 3 times more for something else, very similiar.

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Universal= .84 gms per pill
Beverly=2 gms per pill
And I pay $29, but hear they can be bought for less online.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Universal= .84 gms per pill
Beverly=2 gms per pill
And I pay $29, but hear they can be bought for less online.

Maybe you can share the site..........

Not that I'll switch, just cant afford $30 for something I get for $10. I know BI's are gram for gram bigger, but when you take 16-18 Uni-Liver, that all becomes null. I know 1fast sells them for $34, thats probably the cheapest I have seen them. Regardless, Uni-Liver is prefered over BI, much more cost effective.

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Below are a few testimonials on Beverly products. I could list hundreds more, but these pretty much sum it up. Beverly is a small family owned business with quality control unmatched by any other protein maker. They lab test each batch of protein before thjeir label goes on, and you can get their liver tabs for around $27 at vitaglow.com. Buy 2 and shipping is free.

And BTW, if you try these products you won't look back, unless you are broke, and simply can't afford them. But to state they are not noticeably better, and not well worth the additional price, is ludicrous. YJ, you must have tried those liver tabs very, very recently, as you told me on the phone 2 weeks ago you had never touched a Beverly product and never would. :rolleyes:

I have been to Beverly to get my body evaluated and a diet plan made up for free. They even worked with me on posing. I have used Muscle provider, Ultra size, Ultra 40's, mass aminos, ZMA, Abtioxidants...pretty much about all of their products. The Chocalate Muscle provider is awesome! I am currently using the Mass Maker protein, ultra 40's, mass aminos and ther ZMA. Working great for me!
They know what they are talking about and only use quality ingredients. I also thought their stuff was expensive at first but I notice better results with their products. Have friends in the gym that have used only their products and diets and have won competitions. Guess it's one of those things that you just have to try before you knock it;)
I use Beverly exclusivley at this point. Over the last 6 months - 1 year I have slowly replaced everything else I was taking with Beverly products. The reason - I have experienced better results with their supps over all others I have tried.

I'm not a beverly sales rep so don't think I'm trying to convince anyone to buy their product. If you do or don't it really won't matter to me at all. I wanted to share my experience with those who wanted to know about beverly. I've used optimum, prolab, metrx, eas, ast, and many other supp companies over the 18 years I've been training. It's not mental or placebo for me - I know my body all to well. Every meal, every gram, every calorie each day is accounted for, I am hardcore into bodybuilding and at least for me it is well worth the extra money because of the results. This isn't f@cking muscle tech we're talking about this is Beverly. There rep wasn't built on marketing hype or guys like me touting them. As a pro once told me and I quote, "switching from optimum to beverly is like going from a big mac to a steak." That's why even though pro's hype other products in ads - every Mr. O over the last 15 years actually uses beverly proteins - just ask around and you'll here the same things I'm saying. Or better yet try them and you'll see for yourself. If you're just dabbleing in the sport and not totally serious then maybe go with cheaper but never dream it's a contest when it comes to results.
BTW, is super is even bigger now, and is current Teen Mr Buffalo 2002. His thread is below.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21184 quote:
I've found the beverly supplements to honestly be superior. Throughout my precontest dieting I have gone from 194 and 12% bodyfat to 179 and 6.5% bodyfat - a drop of only 3lbs of lean body mass which most competitive bodybuilders know is truely a tough feat. 4 weeks to go! I've been using their ultra size, mass aminos (4 per meal) and ultra 40 (4 per meal). Expensive supplements but I've become a believer of the company's "no nonsense" marketing stance. Give them a try - especially 4 ultra 40 with every meal.
Originally posted by ken361
I have been using nlarge for awhile pretty good results but when i went on bev mass maker and ultrasize my stength and pump went straight up!!!

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
I have seen all these before, several times. Im not doubting their quality or if they work, I know first hand they work, but for the cost, just not worth it to me. Vitaglo.com is a great online store, thats 1K tabs for $54 (which really isnt too bad, especially when you throw in free shipping) but $20 for 1K tabs of Universal and Ive posted testimonials time and time again, so for me, Uni-Liver is untouchable as far as cost effective goes.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

And BTW, if you try these products you won't look back, unless you are broke, and simply can't afford them. But to state they are not noticeably better, and not well worth the additional price, is ludicrous. YJ, you must have tried those liver tabs very, very recently, as you told me on the phone 2 weeks ago you had never touched a Beverly product and never would. :rolleyes:

Actually I tried them quite awhile back after your raving of them, worked good, just as good as Uni-Liver, no sense in paying 3 times as much for the same results, dont make this personal John.

Kow

Awards
Even still...it may be higher quality than a lot of stuff...but be realistic. For one, it can't be SO MUCH higher quality that it's lightyears beyond other protein. For the extra price, which is equivalent online to GNC's MuscleTech stuff pricing...I really, really, REALLY don't think that paying $34.42 for 35 servings of 17g of protein, no matter how much higher quality, is going to give me better results than paying, for instance, $37.99 at 1fast for Optimum's Complete Protein Diet in which you get 40 servings, each with 35g of protein. That's $3.57 more for 4 more servings, each having more than twice as much protein in Ultra Size. Again, I was just using that as an example because I trust Optimum, among other companies, to put out good, high-quality products, and these are both protein blends.

I really don't think it's biologically possible for the protein in Beverly products to be so far beyond "regular" protein from other companies that you can justify paying almost 3x the price sometimes.

Again, it may be high-quality stuff, but I can stand 99.999% assured that the difference between the results you'd get on one versus the results on the other is that much different. Come on...refer to the previous statement that it's almost biologically impossible for that protein to be so much better than another high-quality blend.

Kow

Awards
After thinking about this...I could sum up what all I'm trying to say by saying this: The example I gave above with Protein Diet vs. Ultra Size shows that you get more than twice as much for nearly the same price (some odd $3 higher). Are you really going to get better than TWICE the results from taking a whole jug of Ultra Size than you will from taking the whole jug of Protein Diet? I mean, are you going to put on more than twice as much muscle, or retain more than twice as much muscle on a cut, or what?

The answer is hopefully a resounding "no" because I personally don't think it's possible by any means to get more than twice the results off two products that are so similar. If you agree with me, then you agree that no, the price is not justified.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Kow, this is not personal. But there is a prinicipal here that is being missed IMO. Under your example above, the only factor is results. I'm with you personally, I prefer the best value for the money, BUT it is NOT only about results for some. Example. Some people can afford a Camry and others can afford BMW. Both cars will give you essentially the same RESULTS. Sure one may be a little nicer, little higher quality parts, etc. but in the end the results are going to be pretty much the same. So, is the guy who CHOOSES to buy the BMW not "justified" because he prefers to do so? Some people feel like the quality in Beverly, though maybe a small difference to others are worth buying it (a BMW) over the other (a Camry). It's a matter of choice not results.

Last edited:

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
It's a matter of choice not results.
I personally agree, although it seems as though most testimonials and personal opinions in support of Beverly are of the "holy ****, my results were sooo much better with Beverly that I'll never go back!" variety... could be wrong, that's just the impression that I get from most of the examples that I see, both of the few posted over and at bbcom as well, among others... so I dunno... the real question does obviously involve more than one factor, but do the simple ingredients that make up these products ultimately justify the hugely increased cost to the marginally increased benefit? if you have more than enough disposable income to justify the cost/benefit for you individually, go for it I guess... doesn't seem economical really, and though I respect the car analogy (love cars), people buy high dollar cars for both personal gratification and the high profile flash/attention/statement it makes about you... I don't think simple protein etc supps occupy this same category exactly, as they won't be specifically visible (that is, an expensive car definitely symbolizes your worth, but high doller supps don't necessarily manifest themselves in a bigger/more ripped physique)

therock

Awards
ill be posting soon, i am a competitor in npc shows and have am switching over to beverly supplements completely, i manager a gnc so u know i can get what i want for cheap, after talking with the owner of golds gym in new tampa, he told me that this is the only protein his body could actually tolerate, all the others tore his stomach up. he does three shakes a day of the provider, and no problems or gas. he also said that the majority of the bodybuilders in golds there have switched and noticed a big difference in all lifts and body comp. now these arent just newbies they are trained lifters changin nothing but supplements. so im gonna tell you soon my results...by the way, i know a beverly competitor and i swear this guy has literally transformed from five years ago...put on about 30 pounds of muscle ...maybe ill do the same.

ForzaBucks

Awards
I've switched to Beverly over the last month. They are not cheap, but have plenty of deals. right now, you can get everything up to 40% off if you buy over $200 worth. I took advantage of this. Their proteins (muscle provider & ultimate muscle protein) taste much better than the others i've tried, and i don't have to take as much of it. Also, their customer service is amazing. the people you talk to on the phone know the products and aren't just order takers. also, because i live in ohio, i get the products delivered next day every time. it's easier and just as quick as heading to the store. did i mention the taste??? the cookies and cream flavor UMP is amazing. at the end of the day, it's just very clean and pure, and if you order correctly, it doesn't have to be much more expensive than other products. my biggest complaint is that they dont offer 5lb tubs of the proteins, so i have to order more frequently.

frank29

Awards
if you can get their products at what they call gold club prices, it becomes a lot more cost effective.

the problem that i have is the servings on the label are nowhere where they recommend in any of their diet and training methods.

So it is still costly than others.

You have to decide if it is worth it.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Brought back an 8 year old thread. Nice.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My brother is actually sponsored by them and he loves their products. Sponsored athletes by Beverly dont get free supplements, but they get an even better deal than 40% when they buy. I will say this, im the one who turned him onto Beverly and ive been using certain products from them for years. Ive become a rep for Primordial Performance recently and prior to that I used and raved about their supps on my own. My top 3 supplement companies ( being a rep or not ) are:

1. Primordial Performance
2. Beverly Intl.
3. tie between Universal Nutrition and Usplabs

frank29

Awards
sponsored bev athletes just get gold club pricing? wow

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
so if money is not a problem for me.what products of bevl would you suggest i get.i would rather pay more and know i am geting the best.but i do not need or want every thing they sale but what are some of there best products.like which protien is there best and is muscularity any good etc.i may have to try some of there stuff

frank29

Awards
lift up ,density, muscle mass bcaa or glutamine select, super pak, creatine select, and either protein powder

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
i, for one, wouldn't lump liver tabs into a merely protein category. its got alot more going for it that lead to endurance and increased energy; people dont build blood with whey protein. liver has cytochrome p-459, bvits and iron going for it it; i saw an ingredients label for ultra 40 online; its not posted everywhere and i wonder about it. the label states there are 30mg (not mcg) of pantothenic acid per tablet; now b5 supps are a joke (ive heard of adrenal programs that had to use 9000mg a day for months to achieve what food supplement sources could attain with much less more rapidly) but food source b5 is awesome. if the number on that label is correct, we are talking therapeutic adrenal support at the 20-30 tab/day dosage. the adrenals make androgens my friends, and americans tend to have worn out adrenals, hence the coffee. i can tell you since i started working with megafood b complex i wouldnt dream of touching coffee, but i wanted to go therapeutic on the b5 in an economical way. ultra 40 may allow for this. im on day 4 so far and im aware of a stimulatory affect that's far from anything the 160g's of cookedmeat and whey protein has every given me. this other guy sells this stuff called tried and true liver tablets; i bought it but havent tried it; he got an impressive amount of food b12 into it, about twice what anyone else has managed and i wonder if that goes for the other nutrients as well; its funny though: the guy has no idea what in his product; he told me never did a nutritional analysis of it despite making claims that he had the vitamin A and cytochrome p-450 going for him exceptionally; i mean, dude, how could you not check? honestly, i will pay for the lab test if he's too cheap to float it. ive seen liver tabs that dont even have vitamin A in them; they get cut out. also, some liver has a TON of iron in it compared to other liver. seriously, compared 2g of solgar liver iron at like 11% daily value vs now liver powder at 7g with only 3%dv of iron. catch my drift? its possible ultra 40 brings a sweet as cut of mixed components engineered to athletes, but nobody's listing anything. so i guess i will have to try everybody and use my instincs as to who's got the best. the word is the energy from liver kicks in within 14 days, and im feeling it alittle already at day 4

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
My gym carries beverly products. I've tried most of them. Def good stuff, theres no doubt about the quality of them, that's not a question. Just whether being THAT much better than other products justifies the huge cost. The rep for them tried to sell me with some talk about how there protein had been shown to actually regenerate muscle tissue in AIDS patients....

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
no kidding. there must be something special about their protein if its somehow involved in muscle growth; ive been building mine strictly from white sugar.

but whats the alternative for liver tabs? i dont consider uni liver because who want that much f'ing hcl neutralizing calcium carbonate in their system at 30pills a day? im not getting any of the gas from ultra 40 that uniliver users say they have. i wouldnt trade a few extra bucks in my pocket for hypochloridia and rampant stank emissions, and the tried and true liver guy aint any cheaper. i wrote bev int a letter asking for confirmation about the b5 content; if they come through with a positive on that i will keep rolling with it, since it would cost me like 300bucks/month to get that much food-source b5 from megafoods bcomplex

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
well beverly got back to me. the tab contains pantothenic acid in the mcg's. i guess the energy i get from it comes from the cytochrome p-450 content. kind of a bummer, since i dont need iron (ie dont notice increased energy from taking it) and have plenty of protein that hasnt been smashed into a tablet. i think a cytochrome p-450 tab would be awesome as i suspect it would deliver all the energy 20 liver pills a day would, minus the pain of eating 20 liver pills

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I use BI and advocate their products. Quality? Yes. Cheap? No way. Effective? Yes.

I have been using the MASS Amino tabs, Liver 40, and Muscularity.
I recently cut out the MASS because of the milk content, not good 5 weeks out from competition. They are ****in horse pills but I take 4 pre and post workout. I have held size well, never do I feel malnourished or sick during workout,
Liver 40 is beef liver and B vitamins. Its energizing and aids in metabolism. Once again, horse pills... 4 pre and post workout. Pills for thrills!
I take Muscularity BCAA's 3x daily with meals with the intention to improve vascularity. I have seen improvement. I found that they're also good in between meals if your trying to curb apetite and constrict intake.

You can find decent prices online just look around. Definetly dont go through their website. That which I have used I will recommend.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
50Magnum Supplements 7
50Magnum Supplements 11
Supplements 13
BigGame84 Supplements 37
sporticuz Supplements 27