Syntrax's "Nectar" Protein Drink

GuyinLA

Awards
Syntrax recently introduced Nectar, a new whey protein isolate drink that appears to be akin to a fruit drink like kool-aid. Apparently, it isn't even necessary to mix with water, i.e. you can just eat the crystals. I don't know if any other reputable company makes anything like this. Would seem to be a great post work-out drink. And especially convenient when traveling (you could just pop some crystals in your mouth and wash down with water on a plane). 1fast400 carries it at $24 for 2 lbs (23 grams of protein per serving, 36 servings, or 18 servings for 46 grams). 1fast sells Prolab's Whey Isolate 2 lbs for $30 (23 grams of protein per serving, 32 servings, or 16 servings for 46 grams). So the cost of Nectar is cheaper. Anyone tried Nectar? If so, what is the taste like? Other comments? Here's the write-up on Syntrax's site:

Welcome to the critically acclaimed world of NECTAR™! Gone are the days of low quality whey protein. Gone are the days of those blah-tasting protein drinks that promise much but deliver little. NECTAR™ once-and-for-all breaks the mold by combining Promina, the highest quality whey protein isolate ever developed, with a flavoring system that is so fruitilicious that you will never drink another whey protein shake ever again. If you like the refreshing taste of fruit juice, you'll love NECTAR™! With its mouthwatering fruit juice flavors, NECTAR™ is truly a protein drink you will look forward to drinking each and every day. Whether it be Apple Ecstasy, Very Cherry Berry, or Caribbean Cooler, NECTAR™ will keep you coming back for more. What's more? Well, we did something totally amazing by engineering NECTAR™ to be so delicious that you can eat it right out of the container. Imagine putting a protein powder in your mouth and it tasting like candy. Imagine this protein powder having ZERO carbs and ZERO fat. Stop imagining! We've brought you NECTAR™!

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
i got 3 tubs ie one of each flavor on the way..will let anyone interested know

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
hmm... interesting... sure wojo, let's hear the word on this ****.

upon further inspection, I notice they describe their product as "fruitilicious"... this does not bode well :D

goes4ever

Awards
  • Established
I got a free sample at the arnold expo, about 3 weeks ago, it tasted pretty good to me, almost like apple juice

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I might have to invest, I can probably get it cheaper..

If Isomatrix is as good as it is, I can imagine how "fruitilicious" Nectar is... :D

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
i hated iso..u can really taste the micellar casien in it and it made for a real chalky grainy taste...supposedly they r reformulating it now..taking out the soy and improving the taste so we will see the nectar im hoping is here monday..im personally hoping this stuff pans out as im sick of choc and van protein powder

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Sheesh

Elaborate dear friend. :D

Originally posted by Biggin
meh, you know he's just gonna steal some ;)

Now, children! :D

I have a few friends that own stores, how else do you think I get my Isomatrix for only $20? ;)

Wojo, it's the soy isolate that gives Iso that grainy taste, I never had a problem with micellar casein having that problem..

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
i dont know pete i have the same taste prob with sustained protein from molecualr..but anywho seeing as syntrax is removing the soy its doesnt matter(people's eyebrow)