NOW supplements and label claims?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
NOW does absolutely everything now and usually for the lowest price... I've never heard anything bad about them, but am I missing something? are they ALWAYS good to go?

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
Good Question, I really like NOW, I"ve tried a ton of their stuff, and wondered that myself. The only thing I ever wondered about was some Trib I got that was NOW, it looked weird and the caps were not full.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
yep, hopefully someone can reassure us. The caps 'should' be full - but the majority of the cap is filler so I wouldn't draw any conclusions

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
I use some NOW products and have wondered this myself. They are so fucking cheap.

I'm glad someone started a thread, would love to find out.

O14

SVTMuscle

SVTMuscle

Awards
this can be a very usefull thread, but hopefully we get some assurance on the topic

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I think the vast majority of their stuff is very good quality. I do recall that they had a QA/QC/label claim issue with one of their herbs once but I'd be willing to bet it's been resolved. They have such a huge product line that you have to figure that there's an occassional mistake.

When I don't buy in bulk, I buy from NOW, Solaray (who helped get ephedra back on the market) and Nature's Way.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
I do not use NOW products myself -- just a personal choice regarding brands, however, for what it may be worth, I can contribute a little something to this thread.

I am a member of ConsumerLab.com and while NOW is not always tested for each product type, each time that it does appear on items I check or reports I receive, it has always been on the 'approved' list -- meaning that Consumer Lab found it to contain the proper ingredient(s) and in the specified amount(s).

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
good feedback! and I'm happy Solray is legit too

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
NOW is solid by all accounts I have seen. Price and quality. They also lso have a very comprehensive weekly e-newsletter on supps and supp science available on their site www.nowfoods.com.

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
Well maybe there is something to be learned from my story.

My pancreas does not produce enough digestive juice to digest proteins, fats & carbs. My doctor put me on prescribed medication which contained the 3 needed digestive enzymes. It worked but was expensive - about $200 per month.

A month ago I discovered NOW Pancreatin which contained the 3 needed digestive enzymes. According to the label the amount of each enzyme per pill was double that of my prescription pills. Thus according to the label 3 of NOW Pancreatin pills equaled 6 of my prescribed pills.

Happily for me the NOW Pancreatin has worked just as well as the pharmacutical grade equivalent medication. The dosage on the label must be correct also as I only need half as many pills as the prescribed medication.

I spend only $25 per month on NOW Pancreatin and buy it OTC versus the $200 per month prescription.

In sum the potency and label claims seem to be spot on.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
That's awesome meow. I'm always happy when I hear someone got relief with supplements.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
NOW has their own GMP facility on site. In theory, everyhing they produce should be spot on.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well maybe there is something to be learned from my story.

My pancreas does not produce enough digestive juice to digest proteins, fats & carbs. My doctor put me on prescribed medication which contained the 3 needed digestive enzymes. It worked but was expensive - about $200 per month.

A month ago I discovered NOW Pancreatin which contained the 3 needed digestive enzymes. According to the label the amount of each enzyme per pill was double that of my prescription pills. Thus according to the label 3 of NOW Pancreatin pills equaled 6 of my prescribed pills.

Happily for me the NOW Pancreatin has worked just as well as the pharmacutical grade equivalent medication. The dosage on the label must be correct also as I only need half as many pills as the prescribed medication.

I spend only $25 per month on NOW Pancreatin and buy it OTC versus the $200 per month prescription.

In sum the potency and label claims seem to be spot on.
this is why they are trying to ban supplements so that the big pharm. co can profit from them.

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
I have sold their stuff for years, never once heard a bad thing about them.

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
this is why they are trying to ban supplements so that the big pharm. co can profit from them.
I couldn't agree with you more. Actually my previous $200 pharmacy bill was for imports from Canada which the U.S. tries to prevent. The cheapest I could find it in the U.S. was at COSTCO for $300!

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
That's awesome meow. I'm always happy when I hear someone got relief with supplements.
Thanks bioman. I've already gained 5+lbs in LBM just from the extra eating I can now afford.