ALRI Retain for PCT

KD1

Awards
  • Established
I got a bottle of this and was dissappointed that it is methelated - not really a great idea for PCT. This makes me also wonder if its hormonal. I wish I knew what the stuff was. Anyone have any idea?

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
its meant for PCT, not all methyls are damaging to the liver, and i dont believe its hormonal.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Response 1,000,000,002: Not ALL methyls are liver toxic...

More useful response: It's called Retain for just the purpose you intended it to be.. It's a stand alone, or part of a complete PCT with a SERM..

KD1

Awards
  • Established
Good, well Im adding it into my ATD + Nolva PCT. So far this is my best PCT ever, kept all my weight and my strength is rising even.

rocknroll

Awards
I'm going to be using Nolva, Retain, Fenu, DHEA for a PCT after a 4 week PP cycle running 10/20/20/20. I'm 5'10 190 35yrs old. I have searched and found conflicting info regarding dosing and timing of the Retain. I was planning on taking 3 caps/ed but wondered if all should be taken before bed. Seems some are spreading throughout the day.

I know Dr. D says to take the Fenu before bed and spread DHEA throughout the day. Feedback on the timing of the Retain is welcome. Also, unless I hear otherwise, I will start out the Retain with 3 caps/ed for the first few weeks then decrease to 2 the last week or two of PCT.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im skeptical to use any cortisol reducer in pct again. i seem to get sick everytime i do it. usually in the third week. everything is going great then BAM, i get the flu. it could be due to low estrogen though. anyone want to add some advice? i may take igf -lr3 or albuterol instead, both of which have anti-catabolic properties.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
im skeptical to use any cortisol reducer in post cycle therapy again. i seem to get sick everytime i do it. usually in the third week. everything is going great then BAM, i get the flu. it could be due to low estrogen though. anyone want to add some advice? i may take igf -lr3 or albuterol instead, both of which have anti-catabolic properties.
Your immune system is weakened by whatever you "cycle" with.. Take a good antioxidant blend with berry extracts, maybe pomegranate, Acai, or Noni.. :study:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your immune system is weakened by whatever you "cycle" with.. Take a good antioxidant blend with berry extracts, maybe pomegranate, Acai, or Noni.. :study:
if that was the case, shouldnt the flu be making itself known MUCH sooner than the middle of week 3 during pct?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I think a cortisol supplement is pretty much standard - unless one has a reaction like Irish did.

I would always recommend folks get a cort reducing supp for PCT.
If you are one of the rare ones like Irish - then drop it, or drop the dose.
But - I've not had any trouble with Retain or any other cort. reducing supps and colds/flu/etc during PCT, and I've not heard of any of my buddies having problems either.

rocknroll

Awards
Hey JMH80 (or anyone else who might have insight...) After my 4 week phera plex cycle (10/20/20/20) my planned PCT involves Nolva, Retain, Fenu, DHEA. In your opinion do you think this is OK?

Also, I would like to do an ActivaTe and RR (NHA) stack after the PCT but was thinking maybe I should run the ActivaTe WITH my PCT. I'm just trying to keep costs down during PCT but of course want to protect my gains. I was purposefully staying away from RXT (or RR for that matter) during the PCT due to overkill. Thoughts on this too?

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
*should* be enough rocknroll, instead of using Activate throughout PCT how about using it 2 weeks into PCT so that you then also have 2 weeks of it solo?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Hey JMH80 (or anyone else who might have insight...) After my 4 week phera plex cycle (10/20/20/20) my planned post cycle therapy involves Nolva, Retain, Fenu, DHEA. In your opinion do you think this is OK?

Also, I would like to do an ActivaTe and RR (NHA) stack after the PCT but was thinking maybe I should run the ActivaTe WITH my PCT. I'm just trying to keep costs down during PCT but of course want to protect my gains. I was purposefully staying away from RXT (or RR for that matter) during the PCT due to overkill. Thoughts on this too?
I love "kitchen sink" PCT's now that I've done one (first was really basic - back before most of this crap was out).

Yeah - that is fine. You've got the basics covered. SERM, ant-cort, and some test boosting.
However - I've seen Dr. D recommend DHEA only when taking an AI. So, since you don't want to run RR/RXT - you might look into taking DHEA out (search....).

IMO Activate works best with a test booster - RR to be precise. I'd just run it with RR after PCT.

Gains should be fine with what you planned on taking. Just don't do what I did and try to screw around with cals after a bulk - I lost most of it. Just make sure and eat.

rocknroll

Awards
I love "kitchen sink" PCT's now that I've done one (first was really basic - back before most of this crap was out).

Yeah - that is fine. You've got the basics covered. SERM, ant-cort, and some test boosting.
However - I've seen Dr. D recommend DHEA only when taking an AI. So, since you don't want to run RR/RXT - you might look into taking DHEA out (search....).

IMO Activate works best with a test booster - RR to be precise. I'd just run it with RR after PCT.

Gains should be fine with what you planned on taking. Just don't do what I did and try to screw around with cals after a bulk - I lost most of it. Just make sure and eat.
Good analogy with the "kitchen sink"...

I will research taking DHEA with no AI. Also I will be sure to watch the diet and keep the cals up. I hadn't thought about that...would've perhaps cut back a "smidge" had you not mentioned it.

MUCH thanks for the feedback and guidance!

Another question...The directions on the AX Retain bottle says to take 2-3/day with food. I thought I read someone recommend taking them mostly at night before bed. That seems odd. I understand maybe taking one before bed so it works while sleeping but all or mostly....hmmmm...I'm currently taking one breakfast, one mid-afternoon, and one at bedtime. Does this sound OK?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I have been able to take Retain whenever. I'm resistant to many stims though.
The tyramine does provide some (many?) folks with a stimulant-feeling. So bedtime may be a bad idea.
I've taken it at bed and had no problem.

If I were to take it (and I have) - I would take one first thing, one about 4 hours later and one pre-WO.
Before bed could replace the 4 hr. later dose if you want.
But - pre-WO is one of the best times as cortisol will spike during your WO.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
I have been able to take Retain whenever. I'm resistant to many stims though.
The tyramine does provide some (many?) folks with a stimulant-feeling. So bedtime may be a bad idea.
I've taken it at bed and had no problem.

If I were to take it (and I have) - I would take one first thing, one about 4 hours later and one pre-WO.
Before bed could replace the 4 hr. later dose if you want.
But - pre-WO is one of the best times as cortisol will spike during your WO.
I have used Retain for PCT and I completely agree with everything said....BUMP to this

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
Good analogy with the "kitchen sink"...

I will research taking DHEA with no AI. Also I will be sure to watch the diet and keep the cals up. I hadn't thought about that...would've perhaps cut back a "smidge" had you not mentioned it.

MUCH thanks for the feedback and guidance!

Another question...The directions on the AX Retain bottle says to take 2-3/day with food. I thought I read someone recommend taking them mostly at night before bed. That seems odd. I understand maybe taking one before bed so it works while sleeping but all or mostly....hmmmm...I'm currently taking one breakfast, one mid-afternoon, and one at bedtime. Does this sound OK?
Yes. Spacing dosages evenly = less fluctuation in desired levels.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I agree No - but there are specific times when research tell us cortisol spikes more than any other time during the day.