Some cardio questions I have

DaMainEvent

Awards
Been doing some cardio and I was wondering if some of the things I’ve been doing can be changed.

Would taking arginine/orithinine pre cardio be helpful as it increases blood flow in which blood flow and delivery is the essence when doing cardio?

Any of you take something that has electrolytes pre cardio such as sodium, magnesium, potassium, calcium? If so, do you use the phosphate form such as sodium phosphate, magnesium phosphate, potassium phosphate, calcium phosphate?

Would taking branched chain amino acids prior to cardio be helpful as it may spare some muscle loss? How much are you taking?

I heard taking ribose pre cardio is good because ribose aids in recuperation of cardiac muscle, take some ribose may help?

Glyerol monsterate has been shown to delay dehydration that might be something worth taking for cardio?

Thanks for advance!

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
When are you doing the cardio? Morning with out eating before?

BCAA before are a waste.

DaMainEvent

Awards
hows everything else? I usually do cardio in the afternoon so I have had a meal before doing cardio...

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I think you may be over-analyzing it bro. Mid-intensity cardio post-workout or when your glycogen stores are lower will usually result in greater fat loss, but as long as you're getting it in every week you're good.

The myths about cardio being catabolic are just that - myths.

Sure, TOO much cardio is catabolic...I wouldnt do more than 45 - minutes to an hour per session. Normally, I do 20-30 3-5 days per week minutes and I'm good. Bulking or cutting, you should always do at least 2-3 20minute sessions per week.

BV

DaMainEvent

Awards
i'm mostly interested on the supplementation. anyone else?