Looking into Phenibut....

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
It seems like I like most of what people say about it, but there is a lot about the product I am not so hot about, mostly the addiction factor. It seems like this stuff is highly addictive, and although I don't have an addictive nature, the last thing I want is to have to worry about loving this stuff and getting hooked.

I have searched quite a bit, and like I said I like some of what people have said, but another thing I don't like is the fact that there seems to be NO benefit for BB's (I have gathered this from the fact that it has been asked in so many threads and never really answered). I am looking into this Liquid Relaxation, a little more expensive, but could at least have some additional benefit other than getting rid of stress.
Thoughts?

Thanks Bros!

O14

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
My advice is dose low, very low to start with. I read on avant about a 2x2 protocal. Where you take 2 grams, wait 2 hours then take 2 more grams. It was fun at first. Then me and my friend got head aches while feeling kinda tipsy. A few hours went by and it got really bad. We spent the next 12 hours of our lives puking. It was miserable. So dose low and make sure you like it before you use any decent sized amount.

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
**** man, than ks for the heads up....Liquid Relaxation is looking better and better

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
What is your goal? IMO, phenibut should only be used to reduce anxiety from time to time. I would not recommend it for daily use. I also wouldn't be taking 2 grams of it. If you just use it when you are really anxious/stressed, you will only need 500mg. In fact, I woke up with a panic attack last night (couldn't breathe) and shoveled some powder into my mouth. Felt better in 1 hour and slept great.

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
Felt better in 1 hour and slept great.
This is VERY true. Even despite my bad experience, I have to admit between vomitting I slept better than I have in many, many years.

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
What is your goal? IMO, phenibut should only be used to reduce anxiety from time to time. I would not recommend it for daily use. I also wouldn't be taking 2 grams of it. If you just use it when you are really anxious/stressed, you will only need 500mg. In fact, I woke up with a panic attack last night (couldn't breathe) and shoveled some powder into my mouth. Felt better in 1 hour and slept great.
I guess my goal is just to reduce stress but on a more frequent basis, maybe 2 or 3 times a week. Close to bedtime.

Yeah, I'm not sure this stuff is for me.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
L-theanine may help you sleep. You can take it every night.

Pushofabutton

Awards
mostly the addiction factor.
I wouldn't but to much faith in this at all. I have been using phenibut for about 3 months on and off. I NEVER had the feeling of needing it.

Its a great product that i uses maybe about once every 2 weeks now but i was using about 5x's a week at a low dose(800mg-1.2g)

At a does above 2g i would sleep for about 13-15 hrs strait and wake up with my head hurting.

im about 230lbs
6'3
15%bf
male

i would say start off low and see how it effects you. Just remember it take a while to kick in( about 1-2 hrs for me) and last (12-24hrs)

enimity

Awards
First time I used it tried 2 grams, nothing much so a few hours later took another 3. Kinda tipsy feeling a suppose nothing major. Next morning was a little grogy but was def in a better mood through out the day.

Uusually I use 9-12g each time to get noticable effects and I'm 165lbs(mabey I got the bad batch). Just makes me a little more relaxed though I have to say I dont really enjoy it that much so dont use it often and def never felt any inclings of becomming addicted.

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
First time I used it tried 2 grams, nothing much so a few hours later took another 3. Kinda tipsy feeling a suppose nothing major. Next morning was a little grogy but was def in a better mood through out the day.

Uusually I use 9-12g each time to get noticable effects and I'm 165lbs(mabey I got the bad batch). Just makes me a little more relaxed though I have to say I dont really enjoy it that much so dont use it often and def never felt any inclings of becomming addicted.
Holy ****! Thats seems like a lot. But all in all, the last thing I need is anymore risk, esp since this is just for relaxation. Besides, who the hell wants a hangover, if I don't even get to drink??

Anyone have any info on Liquid Relaxation? All the ingredients seem good, and since its made up of a bunch of Aminos, it might have some additional benefits.

O14

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Exactly , does Phenibut give hangovers? i know its a broad question but its either a yes or no i want a direct answer not on a scale of 1-10. yes or no

Holy ****! Thats seems like a lot. But all in all, the last thing I need is anymore risk, esp since this is just for relaxation. Besides, who the hell wants a hangover, if I don't even get to drink??

Anyone have any info on Liquid Relaxation? All the ingredients seem good, and since its made up of a bunch of Aminos, it might have some additional benefits.

O14

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
Well, it goes without saying that I have never tried it, but I have read a bunch of threads and many reviews and from what I can tell, yes.

Grifter

Board Supporter
Awards

DAMN! I would say you def. did not get a good batch. 12g of Phen would make me want to die i think. I started taking it at 2g it was ok. the next time i used 4g and felt pretty damn good. The time i tried 7g i was pretty out of it and had the longest hang over of my life. But the 7g was only my third time using it. I have started to become more Immune to it. It is not addictive at all to me. But i don't become addicted to stuff very easy. I guess if alcohol doesn't make you addicted neither will this.

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't think I could addicted to the stuff because it tastes fucking horrible. If I even think about the taste for a week after taking some I almost spew. I haven't taken in it in a few months and I'm getting nauseous thinking about it now. It definetly makes you sleep like a rock, I didn't notice a whole lot of effect when taken alone but mixed with kratom or a little booze and you'll be reeling. One night I took 2gs at 10 oclock pm and had a glass or two of wine and I was still fucked up at 6pm the next day.

Grifter

Board Supporter
Awards
Has anyone tried Psychotropin? If so, what is it like compared to phenibut?

Pushofabutton

Awards
Has anyone tried Psychotropin? If so, what is it like compared to phenibut?
I tried psychotropin when it first came out and its not even on the same lvl as bulknut's phenibut. I would rank psychotropin under neurostim.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
9 to 12g is either a bad batch or an unbelieveably high tolerance to Benzos, that's just wrong.

Phenibut is much stronger in effect when taken on a empty stomach and what I like about 'but is the next day's afterglow, many users find that they feel happy the next day after using a large dose, must be some sort of Dopamine reuptake.

Try it, you'll probably like it, chances of becoming physically or psycholigically addicted to it are small, IMO.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i bought a bottlr about 1 1/2 ago ago and only used it once at like 800 mgs. I liked it my question is does the bottle of phenibut lose its effectiveness, after its opened and not used?

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Keep in mind that some people would get withdrawal once they discontinue phenibut use. I actually had panic attacks worse than the simptoms that got me to use it once I stopped using it which was scary.

psulifter

psulifter

Awards
My advice is dose low, very low to start with. I read on avant about a 2x2 protocal. Where you take 2 grams, wait 2 hours then take 2 more grams. It was fun at first. Then me and my friend got head aches while feeling kinda tipsy. A few hours went by and it got really bad. We spent the next 12 hours of our lives puking. It was miserable. So dose low and make sure you like it before you use any decent sized amount.
I had a near identical experience. I took about 4 grams split in two doses before a speech in my public speaking class. Speech went okay, but as I walked home I got weird tunnel vision. At home, things went from bad to worse. I spent the next 15 hours in bed with the worst nausea/spins ever.

Coprolith

Awards
I've tried a few things, and my personal favorite for social disinhibition is 1500mg Phenibut + 500mg Theanine + 3 glasses of good red wine or three bottles of beer consumed over the course of an hour, where the phenibut is taken 2 hours before drinking and the theanine 30 minutes before; that gets me the perfect balance between disinhibition and maintained motory skills. Some people might need more, as I only use phenibut maybe once or twice a month and drink very infrequently and modestly, so sensitivity is high on all fronts, but starting low and working up to your "happy place" is a good idea.

1.5g Ashwaganda, 1g Green Tea Extract, and low-dose AMP + H.E.A.T. also work nicely with the above combo.

mywetnightmares

Kyra Gracie= my future wife
Awards
  • Established
Has anyone ever used phenibut while they are on an ECY stack. When I Know I'm gonna be partying late I'll dose some ECY before I go out to keep my energy levels strong and also because ECY makes me feel happy and energetic for the first hour or two after I take it. Does anyone know if the two might have some synergy?

akp2004

Awards
Phenibut x ECY

Yes, I've taken it. It will take the edge and nervous energy down a few notches (dose dependent). I've mainly taken it at night when I've overstimulated during the day, to help wind down. If you took them together, it'd be akin to drinking coffee and having a glass of wine, sort of offsets each other, but you might find a nice balance of alertness and chillness.

paul3371

Awards
I have been taking phenibut at night every now and then. 500mg-1g. good supplement, works well if you do not have stimulants in your system. Do I think it's addictive? Not at all. Unless you want to look at as "everything you take is addictive" which is a statment I would agree with. Anything that gives someone a result they strive for has a chance of becoming addicted.

mywetnightmares

Awards
  • Established
I tried it with the ECY, they kinda seemed to cancel eachother out so I don't really like that. I'm trying to think about would would be good to combine it with. I don't drink, period. I like phenibut on it's own cuz it does give me a slight buzz, and since it really doesn't have any sides that's always welcome, but I want to find something that'd be good to combine with it at a party setting. I'm thinking some theanine would be good, and maybe some rhodiola. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah i just take it alone and if you do want a more buzz already then it gives you, take a beer or two or shot(whatever u prefer) because when you take phenibut and drink 2 drinks its like drinking 4 drinks. dont ask me why

I tried it with the ECY, they kinda seemed to cancel eachother out so I don't really like that. I'm trying to think about would would be good to combine it with. I don't drink, period. I like phenibut on it's own cuz it does give me a slight buzz, and since it really doesn't have any sides that's always welcome, but I want to find something that'd be good to combine with it at a party setting. I'm thinking some theanine would be good, and maybe some rhodiola. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

mywetnightmares

Awards
  • Established
That would work, except I don't drink

Gungalalunga

Awards
For me the bb benifit is that it takes the place of beer, not as good a buzz but it doesnt have the calories. Tonight for the first time I took it before working out, and did 50 min of intense cardio with no prob. Beer destroys my endurance. It doesn't feel addicting, but then again I haven't stopped using it since I first tried it about 3 months ago.

spicy3418

Awards
Hey guys....is it bad to smoke Phenibut...i jsut found out that my boyfriend did so ya im kind of curoius about it

mywetnightmares

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking about capping it with some PEA and theanine. I think I heard somewhere that PEA has a short active life though, if that's the case is there anything else I could add to increase the effect?

akp2004

Awards
Personally, I don't any apparent effect from Theanine, I've tried dosing up to 2 grams, nothing.

The problem with oral PEA is that the MAO-B Enzyme prevents good conversion to Dopamine, the only fairly easily avaliable MAO-B inhibitor that I know of is the nootropic Deprenyl.

An orally effective altertanive Dopamine agonist would be the components of Avant's H.E.A.T stack, Tyramine and/or Hordenine,individually or in HEAT, all taken on an empty stomach with a glass of water, Phen and those two don't work well with anything in the stomach.

To me, Dopamine ags are more stimulating than pleasureable as a mix with a sedative like Phenibut, I can get a better feeling chill oriented effect from Audio brainwave entrainment but chemically, combos of Phenibut, Ashwagandha, Reflora, Aniracetam,Jujube Seed extract, Valerian, Skullcap, Reflora, 5-HTP, and Picamilion have worked for me. Not necessarily all of those, 2 or three or four together.

Good post - also want to mention Designer's Basic Cuts follows a similar formula. And for people that dont buy things in bulk, MRM's Relax-All has the jujube, phenibut, theanine, relora combo in a convenient capped up mix. I personally havent noticed the 'racetams doing along w/ phenibut, but do know enough people that think it's good, so thanks for mentioning that one. I've used picamilon a few times from overseas pharma sources, and didnt notice alot - again, doesnt mean it doesnt work, just it didnt work for me.

A nice mix therefore could be MRM's Relax All + Basic Cuts if someone wanted to experiment before buying alot in bulk.

EDIT:
I have also used Avant's HEAT stack and similar formulas with phenibut and agree with Rogue Drone - but definitely prefer Relax-All to straight phenibut, as I think the Magnesium + theanine and jujube mix, allows you to use less phenibut, and get a better effect. Funny doing the mix of the PEA/Stim route and then the relax-all, it's a like a safer mellower version of the idea of doing a "speed ball"

Last edited:
John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys....is it bad to smoke Phenibut...i jsut found out that my boyfriend did so ya im kind of curoius about it
I think your boyfriends a crackhead.

Anyways i still use my Phenibut from time to time. Like someone said in this post, its used best for anxiety and when you really need it, .Its a good supplement tool, and sleep aid. ive have used it in the past for fun i guess you could say.Works me for, thats all that matters, ill stick with it.

akp2004

Awards
Dopamine/Supps, etc

Just as a side note, for people who are self-medicating trying to deal w/ lack of drive, depression, etc.... and are ending up using alot of stimulants during the day to stimulate dopamine and noradrenaline, norepinephrine, etc...and then using supps that affect GABA (like phenibut), or other depressants to come down at the end of the day to deal with anxiety, or restlessness, I recently went on a low dose of Wellbutrin SR (sustained release) - and pretty much within a week, not only did I get up easier each morning, but took more initiative at work, handled issues easier, as well as cut down stimulants like drinking cup after cup of coffee or taking fat burners that have lots of caffiene and other stims.

Going on a med such as this is only appropriate in certain cases - this message is targeted mainly for people who feel like they are spending lots of money on supps named in this thread, but are really dealing with something that a dopamine/NA anti-depressant is well suited for. Again, not a magic pill and there's downsides to going the pharm route... but I know for me, I finally did a reality check and said, given what these supps are supposed to do, I am still not getting the result I want, and it's affecting my daily quality of life for too long.

I had used Wellbutrin before years ago, for a very specific issue - so I knew I could tolerate it well - YMMV

The doctor I worked with said if I had too much side effects - like irritability or difficulty sleeping, or anxiety - a very low dose of Celexa 10mg, can balance out things. When taking pharms I tend to get more careful about how many herbs and supps I take - and often discontinue current supps that I was using for dopamine, NA/NE, GABA pathways, etc to see what the pharm is doing by itself. Adding things back one by one is not only kinder to your wallet but also prudent once you are on a pharmaceutical solution. USP Labs sleep product seems to work well, and I use it alternated with low dose trazadone (which is known to improve sleep architecture)

Again - this post may only be relevant to a few people reading the post - I know plenty of folks who get what they want from the herb/amino/nootropics listed.

I just wasnt and it was affecting daily quality of life and costing alot of money.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Define "bad"

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i like pehnibut its a useful tool to when you really need it. I only take it if i need it. Good-stuff

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
liquid relaxation works great. i have very good success with it and its a great product. too bad on the price though in terms of costs!

juggernaut333

Awards
  • Established
phenibut is definately not to be underestimated.legality sometimes infers lack of a drug like potency..not always the case.
i remember a while ago when i first started tinkering with it.for me(or perhaps it was due to ingestion on a full vs empty stomach)it took quite a while to kick in,so i had redosed befoer the first one hit..yowsers..bad idea.4-6+g at a clip and although i had some pleasant effects(the giggles,feelin great)it proceeded into a hurtin tummy,the spins,and then getting pretty sick.and the effects,good or bad,last for a while
i woudlnt go above 2g max now,havent touched it in months,but this thread is makin me go bust out the half kg i have vac sealed away.gonna try a simple 500mg dose and see how it goes.a little test 7pm..not an empty stomach(rarely have that)but ill try 500mg and let it ride w/o redosing.ive already ingested 200mg theanine earlier today(take thea most days,love the stuff)but other than that itll be flying solo,at least as far as related supps go.

also worth mentioning,there was a thread on here i believe warning against taking with alcar due to some negative mixing of mechanisms or some such thing.gotta be careful

rogermoore

Awards
I don`t understand how anyone could become addicted to phenibut (physically). I have found out that when used more than a couple of days in a row your body builds a tolerance to the stuff and it loses effectiveness. It doesn`t seem to work even when upping the dosage.

ber7923

Awards
Hello friend,

I used Phenibut for a few days at 2 grams and it was great the first two days but then tolerance developed. Do you know whether there is a limit to tolerance, meaning beyond a certain point the effects will remain and not have tolerance (even if that means having to take many grams)?

Thanks!