supplements to combat NES (nightime eating syndrome)

  1. supplements to combat NES (nightime eating syndrome)


    For some, my curse would be a blessing. I wake up like clockwork every hr to sip on a protein shake throughout the night. While bulking, that's great, but not when cutting, I would opt to go the route with the slow release protein right before bed. And in that regard, the old standbys of cottage cheese, micellar casein, etc....do not work all that well. Anyway, I was wondering what supps some would recommend for this. Also, what could possibly be causing this issue? My first guess is obviously something hormonal, but I am not "on" anything like that at this time....

    I have never tried hoodia, but hear good things. Chromium does not work at all for me...open to suggestions


  2. take about 15 to 20 mgs of Synephrine hcl about 2 hours pre bed time you will good to go

  3. I'll be watching this one. I've tried Hoodia, which worked great during the day but I still couldnt make it through the night. That tells me it is probably something something mental... Melatonin works well to get to sleep, but not to stay asleep,at least for me.
    •   
       


  4. damn I have had that same problem since I can remember. When cutting it sucks because its a major set back and my mind state isnt the same at night for some reason. It's all will power. Sometimes I can go a night without sometimes I can't.

  5. Max 32 did you win the ALRI battle of the Boards? If u did congrats !!! If not your torso looks like the guy they have plastered on their CORE mag... I would say try NX care's Lean Xp, i tried it and i could'nt eat all day,(my wife thought i was sick) its also a thermogenic too. I got it as a free sample bottle when i worked for the corporate enemy of supplement industry GNC I now work for Vitamin World, they're 10 better, and cool overall about BB'er products.

  6. thanks guys for the replies, and yeah that was me that won the ALRI contest. I will be at the O via ALRI this October in Vegas. I might give a combo of hoodia (any brand recs?), synephrine and chromium. I wonder if GXR might help.....?

  7. Eat a low carb tortilla with your protein shake before bed. I use Aunt Millie's (or something like that) which have 0.5 grams of fat, 4 actually carbs (like 11 fiber) and 4 grams of fiber. That will help you out, at least it helps me

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Derek_aka_Beast
    Eat a low carb tortilla with your protein shake before bed. I use Aunt Millie's (or something like that) which have 0.5 grams of fat, 4 actually carbs (like 11 fiber) and 4 grams of fiber. That will help you out, at least it helps me
    Derek, you gonna be at the O?

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Max32
    For some, my curse would be a blessing. I wake up like clockwork every hr to sip on a protein shake throughout the night. While bulking, that's great, but not when cutting, I would opt to go the route with the slow release protein right before bed. And in that regard, the old standbys of cottage cheese, micellar casein, etc....do not work all that well. Anyway, I was wondering what supps some would recommend for this. Also, what could possibly be causing this issue? My first guess is obviously something hormonal, but I am not "on" anything like that at this time....

    I have never tried hoodia, but hear good things. Chromium does not work at all for me...open to suggestions
    you sure its not psychological? every hour like clockwork? when did this start?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Derek_aka_Beast
    Eat a low carb tortilla with your protein shake before bed. I use Aunt Millie's (or something like that) which have 0.5 grams of fat, 4 actually carbs (like 11 fiber) and 4 grams of fiber. That will help you out, at least it helps me

    Hunger is more a function of blood sugar, so it makes sense that a little carb may be what is missing.. You need a complex carb source that is slow to digest, maybe some type of whole oat or something.. Take it with a slow digesting protein source..

    Maybe worth trying..
    William LlewellynCEO, Molecular NutritionPatented and developed Arachidonic Acid (X-FACTOR™) for Sports Nutrition

  11. Quote Originally Posted by w_llewellyn
    Hunger is more a function of blood sugar, so it makes sense that a little carb may be what is missing.. You need a complex carb source that is slow to digest, maybe some type of whole oat or something.. Take it with a slow digesting protein source..

    Maybe worth trying..
    yeah, that is why I was wondering if something like GXR might fit into the equation somewhere.... Last night I tried oats (maybe 15 grams worth) with some micellar casein and it seemed to help a bit.

  12. as far as natural, have you tried valerian root. I use that on SD cycles and it works wonders, also GABA keeps me from waking up in my sleep, however you dream like madman

  13. I will try them both....

  14. I notice when I cut, undereating carbs at dinner is counterproductive. I know some people try to cut carbs at nite and just eat pro/fat, but for me that just doesnt work. it ends up causing me to be more hungry for more total cals before bed, or else I cant sleep. It's better for me to eat the right amount of carbs at dinner. I end up eating less food overall before bed and I dont wake up during the nite as much feeling like I need to eat.

    I also notice that if I take stimulants when cutting, eating at night takes the edge off. If I reduce the stimulants, I tend to eat less at nite, with less cravings. Finding the balance is really key.

    I remember Avantlabs had anorect-in for just this situation - I think it was liquid yo + synephrine. You might try to copy whatever they had there.
  15. Guest
    Guest's Avatar

    We are working on something:}}}}}

  16. Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs
    We are working on something:}}}}}
    If it works for me.....

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Max32
    Derek, you gonna be at the O?
    Yup, I'll be at the Scivation/PrimaForce booth.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Derek_aka_Beast
    Yup, I'll be at the Scivation/PrimaForce booth.
    cool Derek, I'll definitly stop by.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Supplements to combat lethargy while on cycle?
    By kyled427 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-18-2011, 01:32 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-16-2004, 01:54 PM
  3. Are you willing to trade monotony in eating for a great body?
    By iron addict in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 07-05-2004, 04:18 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-23-2004, 04:35 PM
  5. how much 4ad to combat lethargy?
    By MakaveliThaDon in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-30-2003, 12:39 PM
Log in
Log in