ZMA twice a day??

deadliftsmith

Awards
I was thinking, since I'm out of my dymatize ZMA, about the dosing on the bottle. It said it was to be ingested before working out, and before bed. Now, I know the combination of the ingredients in ZMA is suppose to up test production by the body. I also know that it is best taken on an empty stomach.

My question is, why can't ZMA be taken twice a day??

I wake up every morning with an empty stomach, get in the shower for 15 minutes, make breakfast for ten minutes, then eat. Why shouldn't I be popping a serving of ZMA RIGHT when I wake up, letting it digest during my shower and food preparation, and then eating breakfast. Wouldn't my body be proned to make more testosterone during the day, and then continue on through the night after my night time dosage??
Is there something special about sleep that enhances the effects of ZMA on testosterone production??

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking, since I'm out of my dymatize ZMA, about the dosing on the bottle. It said it was to be ingested before working out, and before bed. Now, I know the combination of the ingredients in ZMA is suppose to up test production by the body. I also know that it is best taken on an empty stomach.

My question is, why can't ZMA be taken twice a day??

I wake up every morning with an empty stomach, get in the shower for 15 minutes, make breakfast for ten minutes, then eat. Why shouldn't I be popping a serving of ZMA RIGHT when I wake up, letting it digest during my shower and food preparation, and then eating breakfast. Wouldn't my body be proned to make more testosterone during the day, and then continue on through the night after my night time dosage??
Is there something special about sleep that enhances the effects of ZMA on testosterone production??

Sometimes I take it during the day, it doesn't make me tired. As long as you get the Zinc an Mag sometime I don't think it matters much. Be careful I can't stomach Zinc in the morning, I've puked a couple times trying it before breakfast. Research shows 100mg of more of Zinc is bad for you and too much magnesium will give you the shits.

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
deadliftsmith-

ZMA isn't something that is going to bump your test levels up apon ingestion. It is used as an aid to supply mineral support at the right time, (that time being before bed). There is a rise in testosterone shortly after falling asleep that all healthy males experience. And this rise during a long rest period is a crucial time for growth. ZMA taken every night over a period of time *may* have a cumulative effect, enhancing the normal rise and deepening the sleep patterns. In this sense, it is a very cheap training aid.

It will not be of any benefit before training though.

The bottle will tell you to take it many times because the faster you use up the bottle, the faster you have to buy more. They are just trying to sell their product.

2 other reasons not take more: 1). Don't exceed the recommended daily allowance of zinc, (more than about 50mg or so will actually lower testosterone). 2). Magnesium has mild nervous system sedation properties and will keep you from performing well in the gym.

There is zinc in your multi, and possibly your shakes as well.... you might consider lowering your dosage to 25mg each night.

Calcium has the opposite effect to magnesium on the CNS. Take calcium before your workout. It enhances nervous system output.

KD1

Awards
  • Established
I take it once a day, twice if I bust a nut that day ( for zinc replenishment ).

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
deadliftsmith-

2 other reasons not take more: 1). Don't exceed the recommended daily allowance of zinc, (more than about 50mg or so will actually lower testosterone). 2). Magnesium has mild nervous system sedation properties and will keep you from performing well in the gym.
I notice no difference when I take over 50mg of zinc, and you when I exceeded 50mg I notice it stops working but I thought it was all in my head. Godd info.