*Liver Tab FAQ*

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
What are liver tabs exactly?
Liver tabs are high quality, premium pharmaceutical grade glandular substance derived from hormone free, grass fed Argentine beef.
What are liver tabs intended for?
Liver tabs are designed to promote optimal muscle growth, a quicker recovery from intense exercise, increae in strength gains, provide the body with vitamins and minerals to function on a daily basis and imrpove over all performance.
What exactly is in liver tabs?
Liver tabs contains small amounts of protein, but are intended to provide the body with essential and non-essential amino acids, a wide variety of vitamins and minerals. Vitamins like A, C, D, K, E and the ENTIRE b-complex vitamins, iron, copper, zinc etc.
What is the best brand of liver tabs and where can I get them? In my opinion Universal's Uni-Liver is by far the best dessicated liver tab product on the market. You can get them at most supplement stores on-line, dpsnutrition.com has the best price, 500 liver tabs for $10.
How many pills do I take each day?
The recommended dosages for Universals Uni-Liver is 2 tablets with each meal, but 4 tablets with each meal is much better in improving performance. No more than 24 should be consumed in one day.
Do liver tabs have any side effect?
Everything in liver tabs comes from nature, so there are NO direct side effects. The only possible side effect could be toxicity of the fat soluble vitamins over time. Thats why no more than 24 each day is recommended.
I heard liver tabs are big and hard to swallow....
I wont lie, these are the biggest pills I take, you can crush them if you'd like but the taste will be too horrible to ingest. I recommend taking one at a time with a large glass of water, after your meal when your body is going to be used to swallowing over and over again, sort of loosens everything up.
Can liver tabs replace amino acids tabs?
The answer to this is YES, save your money, buy liver tabs as they can replace amino acid tablets, Extra b-complex tablets, a multi vitamin and even ZMA with the added zinc it has. Liver tabs contain enough amino acids combined with a healthy diet to totally eliminate another supplement of amino acids.
Who should take liver tabs? Are they for newbies?
Liver tabs are all natural and are for ANYONE who wants to achieve mass gains, strength gains and a strong immune system. I knwo a few people who do not ever train and still supplement with liver tabs, vegetarains supplement with liver tabs to get their essential amino acids. From the most experienced lifter to the new guy on the block, liver tabs are for everyone. Liver tabs are old school and the reason they have been around since the 50s is because they work.
When do I use liver tabs?
Liver tabs are good for both cutting and bulking. Bulking to aid in recovery from those heavy, long workouts and to get you full of good aminos. Cutting because they contain amino acids that will help guard in muscle loss due to cardio. B-complex to synthesis the large amount of protein you ingest in both cutting and bulking. Most users use them year around, as do I, and they are affordable enough where you can do so.
Can I get mad cow disease from liver tabs? or any other disease?
Before liver tabs go into the freezing process to be formed and kept preserved, the actual meat is checked for anything possible signs of a disease or bacteria. So the answer is no, is not likely at all you will acquire anything from liver tabs
Can you tell me personally what you've gotten from taking liver tabs?
I am probably the biggest liver tablet advocate on the internet. I have been using these for years now for several reasons, first is the price can be beat, Im a grad student and dont have money to waste on supplements that "might" work. Secondly I can tell a significant increase in the rate my muscles are able to recover and I feel much stronger and more hard after supplementing with liver tabs. Lastely, liver tabs replace a lot of other supplements out there, why not pack everything your body needs into a few tabs a day?
* * If you have anymore questions or if I left anything out, post it, thanks, YJ

BrKonman

Awards
Welp, I'm sold! Only question I have, is if they've been around since the 50's... why are they such an obscure topic, without many voices popping in to support them? Also... are there any chain-stores that might actually sell them? I rarely order from dpsnutrition, so the difference is basically just adding shipping into the cost of a $10 bottle anyways. Keep searching for the poor man's supplements that work, YJ... I know plenty of people who appreciate it!

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Well bro, Around here its GNC or nothing and Im from WV, so our GNC is ghetto so I buy all my products on-line. Vitamin Shoppe I know has a replica liver tablet product, I can speak much for it not having tried it or knowing the ingredients.
As for popularity, this was the first product I used when starting out and it was a bit hidden underneath all the hyped up PHs and creatines, but its a proven supplement and Im glad people of late are starting to discover it.

Blindfaith

Awards
i use them too! they are excellent...but the gas that you pass is absolutely rank! But you cannot beat 500 tabs for like 12 bucks!

SteveDFW

Awards
Has anyone tried taking Ginger capsules with the liver tabs to cut down on the gas?

The ginger pills seem to be very popular for large protein meals over 50 grams. They say they really help in digesting; much better than papaya, brom., etc.....

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
ive had ginger root, not to battle livertab but for overall cheap way for better digestion of protein. to be honest, my stanks werent stanks while using ginger (well, atleast not as bad) so that does say ginger root helps with the digestion of your protein intake (again...its cheap too)

SteveDFW

Awards
ive had ginger root, not to battle livertab but for overall cheap way for better digestion of protein. to be honest, my stanks werent stanks while using ginger (well, atleast not as bad) so that does say ginger root helps with the digestion of your protein intake (again...its cheap too)
How many "mg." did you take of ginger root at a time/serving?

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established

How many "mg." did you take of ginger root at a time/serving?
a small dose. only took nature's way ginger root 1 cap, 3 times a day with my higher protein meals (breakfast, dinner, night protein shake) Im not 100% sure but i think one cap was 550mg. the recommended for this brand was 2 caps 2-3 times a day.

SteveDFW

Awards

a small dose. only took nature's way ginger root 1 cap, 3 times a day with my higher protein meals (breakfast, dinner, night protein shake) Im not 100% sure but i think one cap was 550mg. the recommended for this brand was 2 caps 2-3 times a day.
Most of the feedback is saying to take about 2,000mg to really make a difference.

I just ordered some and some liver pills. Guess we will see (or is that smell, haha).

SteveDFW

Awards

Most of the feedback is saying tho take about 2,000mg to really make a difference.

I just ordered some and some liver pills. Guess we will see (or is that smell, haha).

ndn diablo

Banned
Awards
YJ, what would these newbies do without you? :D

For the ginger root 1500mg -2000mg is the reccomended dosage for good disgestion.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
We'd be f*cked :D

ManBeast

DarCSA

Awards
Thanks for the info YJ!!! I plan on buying them on my next order. You have shown me a lot by talking to you on the chat. You and whale have been a lot of help man. Thanks a million. I had heard of liver tabs before but not really known what they do. You have helped cleared up a lot for me. Props to you bro. OW OW!!! Oh damn GGW is on got to go. LOL

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
nice info yj , good job :) . go fvck urself as a reward :D

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
what brand of liver tabs you guys use? universal sounds popular...how bout cheapest? appreciate your opinion

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Re: Re: *Liver Tab FAQ*

Second biggest. Ok, biggest. But I love Uni-Liver too. Great stuff.
Well if Im second, its a close 2nd, think of all the money universal nutrition owes me for pimping their liver tabs here and bb.com......whew.

snakeman458

Awards
hey bro;s
yj got me hooked on them i guess almost a yr now. i take 16 daily. i have noticed that since taking them i am not as tired and seem more mentally alert. this might not be related but it started when i began taking the liver tabs. unilver that is. also something i could have lived with out is the gas. damn even my k9 runs away from me. lol.

nobull

Awards
Re: Re: Re: *Liver Tab FAQ*

Well if Im second, its a close 2nd, think of all the money universal nutrition owes me for pimping their liver tabs here and bb.com......whew.
Rock on bro. Let's see, that's what 16 tabs per day times, 5840 per year. Hell, that's close to 12 bottles a year! They should send you at least that....

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Terribly foul odor is produced from these stench tabs. I do, however, continue swallowing them, in the hopes that the ass music ceases. Also, a little liver tab horror story, I got one that was damp and disintegrating, some got stuck in my molar, nearly vomited, disgusting.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Bump on the ginger root for all you stink mongers. If it doesn't eliminate the gas to a noticable degree, it will at least considerably tone down the stench to a more pleasant, gingery aroma. No need to buy candles or scented pinecones for the holidays, then.

windtalker

Awards
what brand of liver tabs you guys use? - orig posted by Sage

I use Beverly International...they have good stuff, kinda pricey though.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
what brand of liver tabs you guys use? - orig posted by Sage

I use Beverly International...they have good stuff, kinda pricey though.
Hey bro, good 1st post, welcome to the board....if you'd like to quote someones post, hit the "quote" button under the post you wish to quote and you're set.....

I use Uni-Liver from Universal Nutrition, they're quality and very cheap, BI's liver tabs are good, but damn $44.95 is a bit much.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info on the Ginger Root... I think my wife will be greatly appreciative... :D

windtalker

Awards

Hey bro, good 1st post, welcome to the board....if you'd like to quote someones post, hit the "quote" button under the post you wish to quote and you're set.....

I use Uni-Liver from Universal Nutrition, they're quality and very cheap, BI's liver tabs are good, but damn $44.95 is a bit much.
Thanks Yellow Jacket, I just ordered some UA the other day and found this board after I placed my order. It is nice to see mature and logical conversations taking place and good ideas being exchanged.....rather than the stupid questions being asked which leads to the neccesary flaming as found elsewhere.

Blindfaith

Awards
liver tabs are the ****! you really start seeing a difference when you start using them.And you cant go wrong with the price....IMO theyre the most underated supplement out there!

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
liver tabs are the ****! you really start seeing a difference when you start using them.And you cant go wrong with the price....IMO theyre the most underated supplement out there!

Woohooo! Yes! That a boy BF.......

Wait are you just trying to get karma?? ;)

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
aight. it is settled then. my next order of supps, begins with universal uni-liver. Yummmm.....if my stanks are at the level it is now.....i might just have to shout out a warning to this whole apartment residents about my raft that will surely follow. no more white boxers (ha) wait...thats pretty nasty sage. :eek:

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
aight. it is settled then. my next order of supps, begins with universal uni-liver. Yummmm.....if my stanks are at the level it is now.....i might just have to shout out a warning to this whole apartment residents about my raft that will surely follow. no more white boxers (ha) wait...thats pretty nasty sage. :eek:
Skidmarks abound!

institutional

Awards
YJ, uniliver should seriously hire you for PR or sales. i have been on them now for 3 weeks, no problems with gas, or stomach. i think they are just an overall good supp for bodybuilders for cheap. i cant say that i have noticed "it working", maybe time will tell. btw, i can now swallow 4 at a time! whats your guys record?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
YJ, uniliver should seriously hire you for PR or sales. i have been on them now for 3 weeks, no problems with gas, or stomach. i think they are just an overall good supp for bodybuilders for cheap. i cant say that i have noticed "it working", maybe time will tell. btw, i can now swallow 4 at a time! whats your guys record?
4 at a time is my 1 rep max also. Im afraid to go any higher, how ironic would it be the product I pimp the most kills me? Too odd...

Go check your happy birthday thread man!

institutional

Awards

4 at a time is my 1 rep max also. Im afraid to go any higher, how ironic would it be the product I pimp the most kills me? Too odd...

Go check your happy birthday thread man!
no **** that would be funnny, you guys got a thread for me??? im checking it now, im still learning how to navigate thru the new neighborhood.

Andy2k

Awards
Haven't used these for many years. Now would probably be a good time to start again.
BTW, has anyone tried LIQUID liver extract? You think the tablet's taste bad?:D
This stuff is disgusting - I bought 6 bottles of the stuff once, and had to hold my nose while I took it, and then have something sweet. But there again, it works.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Haven't used these for many years. Now would probably be a good time to start again.
BTW, has anyone tried LIQUID liver extract? You think the tablet's taste bad?:D
This stuff is disgusting - I bought 6 bottles of the stuff once, and had to hold my nose while I took it, and then have something sweet. But there again, it works.
Six bottles eh?... of liquid liver extract?... You hardcore boy :D I'd have to chase every gulp with fucking antiseptic mouth wash or something.

Draven

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, this might be a stupid Q but I haven't been able to find an answer: Don't we already get enough BCAA from all the protein most of us ingest. I understand that there's additional stuff in them, just curious what the big benifit is with them. Or is it the same as taking lots of whey and a multi-vit?

btw I ordered some to give them a try, just trying to further my knowledge. I hate taking something cause "someone else says it works" you know?

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
the stanks aint as bad as i expected. Taking 12 a day (first time ever using after being on this board...you feel like you need to and should) i suppose though, after your farts reach a point where its so bad from excess protein and such, one cannot notice a difference between evil and pure evil. (ha) Sage

jetdoc

Awards
Stumbled over here from bodybuilding.com, great board. I too love my liver tabs, but my wife and co-workers do not love the rank ass gas attacks I have but oh well. I was reading a post here where some dude said they cause some water retention. I have not ever heard of this. Has anyone read this or experienced this problem?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Yeah - the gas is horrendous. Thanks for the ginger root tip! But damn - Ive been taking UniLiver (15pills/day) ever since I started lifting, and I swear by them. I think the biggest benefit from these little nuggets is the increased recovery time - Hell If I could pick only one supp - it would be UniLiver hands down.

The reason why you never hear about it because other companies will try to sell you 'Super Mega Man Mass Gain Stacks' at quadruple the price, and all they're trying to do is mimic the effects of a $12 can of UniLiver.

BigV

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
yeah I took liver tabs and went out drinking with my friend and these two girls and id go to the bathroom to fart because it smelled SO BAD. I mean it was really that bad!

Jedi Master

Banned
Awards
The gas can get bad, but I always blame it on somebody else in my general orbit. By the way Im thinking of taking Unverisals Liver Tabs "between" meals, not with them. I think this way I can always have a steady flow of Aminos acids, and nutrients to my sweet sweet precious muscles. YJ do you think this will pose a problem, or should I continue to take them with my meals?:rolleyes: Are they absorbed better with meals:confused:

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
They're better absorbed with meals, but if you're drinking a good amount of water, they'll be absorbed fine on an empty or partially empty stomach.

Jay Mc

Awards
I'm not a trouble maker I just can't resist...

What are liver tabs exactly?
Liver tabs are high quality, premium pharmaceutical grade glandular substance derived from hormone free, grass fed Argentine beef.
What are liver tabs intended for?
Liver tabs are designed to promote optimal muscle growth, a quicker recovery from intense exercise, increae in strength gains, provide the body with vitamins and minerals to function on a daily basis and imrpove over all performance.
What exactly is in liver tabs?
Liver tabs contains small amounts of protein, but are intended to provide the body with essential and non-essential amino acids, a wide variety of vitamins and minerals. Vitamins like A, C, D, K, E and the ENTIRE b-complex vitamins, iron, copper, zinc etc.
What is the best brand of liver tabs and where can I get them? In my opinion Universal's Uni-Liver is by far the best dessicated liver tab product on the market. You can get them at most supplement stores on-line, dpsnutrition.com has the best price, 500 liver tabs for $10.
Ok, I looked at http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/liver.html and while they mention all that stuff you mentioned there over on the part that says whats in it they don't say anything about zinc. So is it there or not? Also there is some crap in there I don't understand like PABA. Humans don't use it for anything so unless we are trying to help our natural flora produce more folic acid I don't get it. This isn't just a problem w/liver tabs, the stuff is in nearly ever multi.

Do liver tabs have any side effect?
Everything in liver tabs comes from nature, so there are NO direct side effects. The only possible side effect could be toxicity of the fat soluble vitamins over time. Thats why no more than 24 each day is recommended.
It doesn't bother you that the liver is the detox organ of the body? Not worried about 'other' things in there that the happy argentenian cows are trying to remove from their bodys. I understand it as they grind these livers up, flash freeze them, then make pills out of them.

Can liver tabs replace amino acids tabs?
The answer to this is YES, save your money, buy liver tabs as they can replace amino acid tablets, Extra b-complex tablets, a multi vitamin and even ZMA with the added zinc it has. Liver tabs contain enough amino acids combined with a healthy diet to totally eliminate another supplement of amino acids.
Now wait a minute...aren't you the anti-glutaminist? How you gonna back taking amino acid tabs but not glutamine. You argue you get plenty of glutamine from whey, but then you are gonna tell people to take amino tabs? That makes no sense, its the same theory! If glutamine is useless amino acid tabs are too. And if amino acid tabs are useless I fail to see how liver tabs are better than a multivitamin.

Who should take liver tabs? Are they for newbies?
Liver tabs are all natural and are for ANYONE who wants to achieve mass gains, strength gains and a strong immune system. I knwo a few people who do not ever train and still supplement with liver tabs, vegetarains supplement with liver tabs to get their essential amino acids. From the most experienced lifter to the new guy on the block, liver tabs are for everyone. Liver tabs are old school and the reason they have been around since the 50s is because they work.
When do I use liver tabs?
Liver tabs are good for both cutting and bulking. Bulking to aid in recovery from those heavy, long workouts and to get you full of good aminos. Cutting because they contain amino acids that will help guard in muscle loss due to cardio. B-complex to synthesis the large amount of protein you ingest in both cutting and bulking. Most users use them year around, as do I, and they are affordable enough where you can do so.
This is kinda the same deal, how is this better than whey and a multi? Maybe because you are only taking a couple at a time and it gives you a better chance for assimilation? Thats the only plus I can find. Just to compare liver tabs have 20 micrograms thiamine while my multi has 25 miligrams. Thats 25000 micrograms.

Can I get mad cow disease from liver tabs? or any other disease?
Before liver tabs go into the freezing process to be formed and kept preserved, the actual meat is checked for anything possible signs of a disease or bacteria. So the answer is no, is not likely at all you will acquire anything from liver tabs
Just for the record bovine spongiform encepholopathy (mad cow disease) is a prion disease meaning it is caused by rogue proteins that act to recruit other proteins to convert to their rogue structure. Its not a bacteria or virus...its actually hard to say what it is. They aren't killed by heat and cold. You probably wont get it from liver tabs but I just thought that was an interesting little tidbit.

Can you tell me personally what you've gotten from taking liver tabs?
I am probably the biggest liver tablet advocate on the internet. I have been using these for years now for several reasons, first is the price can be beat, Im a grad student and dont have money to waste on supplements that might work. Secondly I can tell a significant increase in the rate my muscles are able to recover and I feel much stronger and more hard after supplementing with liver tabs. Lastely, liver tabs replace a lot of other supplements out there, why not pack everything your body needs into a few tabs a day?
* * If you have anymore questions or if I left anything out, post it, thanks, YJ
this sounds a lot like the Jay Cutler uses it argument. Not picking on you or your baby, but for someone that rips glutamine so hard I can't see you being a fan of these...the theory behind the two sounds really close to me.

If there is more info than what is presented here I'm willing to listen. But for now I'll stick w/whey and a multi.

J

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Re: Re: *Liver Tab FAQ*

Ok, I looked at http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/liver.html and while they mention all that stuff you mentioned there over on the part that says whats in it they don't say anything about zinc. So is it there or not? Also there is some crap in there I don't understand like PABA. Humans don't use it for anything so unless we are trying to help our natural flora produce more folic acid I don't get it. This isn't just a problem w/liver tabs, the stuff is in nearly ever multi.
All you had to do was look up the supplement facts:

Supplement Facts:
Serving Size: 2 Tablets (60 grain)
Servings Per Container: 125
Amount Per Serving % DV*
Calories 7
Protein 1.7g 4%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 40 mcg 3%
Vitmain B2 (Riboflavin) 400 mcg 24%
Niacin 2 mg 10%
Vitmain B6 (Pyridoxine) 80 mcg 4%
Vitmain B12 24 mcg 400%
Folic Acid 52 mcg 13%
Biotin 10 mcg 3%
Para-Aminobenzoic Acid 26 mcg **
Choline 80 mg **
Inositol 14 mg **

Other ingredients:
Dessicated bovine liver, whey, terra alba, choline citrate, inositol monophosphate, niacinamide, magnesium stearate, stearic acid, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamin monophosphate, para-aminobenzoic acid, and cyanacobalamin.

Typical Amino Acid Profile (Per 120 Grains of Liver):
L-Arginine† 240 mg **
L-Leucine† 400 mg **
L-Isoleucine† 240 mg **
L-Valine† 280 mg **
L-Lysine† 380 mg **
L-Histidine† 12 mg **
L-Tryptophan† 50 mg **
L-Methionine† 110 mg **
L-Threonine† 180 mg **
L-Phenylalanine† 220 mg **
L-Tyrosine 160 mg **
L-Cystine 54 mg **
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. **Daily Value not established.

Thought that was common sense, I suppose not.

It doesn't bother you that the liver is the detox organ of the body? Not worried about 'other' things in there that the happy argentenian cows are trying to remove from their bodys. I understand it as they grind these livers up, flash freeze them, then make pills out of them.
Oh, have never heard this one before :rolleyes: Let's flash back to grade school and reeducate ourselves on what cattle eat. Grass! Now, in your honest, eductaed, opinion, do you think Argentine grass is going to damage the liver? Doesnt really matter, until you can find me some testimonials of family members of deceased liver tabs users, then I guess you have no case, once again.

Now wait a minute...aren't you the anti-glutaminist? How you gonna back taking amino acid tabs but not glutamine. You argue you get plenty of glutamine from whey, but then you are gonna tell people to take amino tabs? That makes no sense, its the same theory! If glutamine is useless amino acid tabs are too. And if amino acid tabs are useless I fail to see how liver tabs are better than a multivitamin.
Liver tabs possess more than amino acids (did you fail to look at the contents?), not only that, but the amino acids they contain are more than glutamine. Its not the same theory, you're way off.

This is kinda the same deal, how is this better than whey and a multi? Maybe because you are only taking a couple at a time and it gives you a better chance for assimilation? Thats the only plus I can find. Just to compare liver tabs have 20 micrograms thiamine while my multi has 25 miligrams. Thats 25000 micrograms.
Do multi's contain protein? Most multi's dont contain B complex. Do multi's contain amino acids? I feel like Im arguing with pjorstad.

Just for the record bovine spongiform encepholopathy (mad cow disease) is a prion disease meaning it is caused by rogue proteins that act to recruit other proteins to convert to their rogue structure. Its not a bacteria or virus...its actually hard to say what it is. They aren't killed by heat and cold. You probably wont get it from liver tabs but I just thought that was an interesting little tidbit.
You should be banned for failing to read around the board before posting, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt since you're trying hard. This has been discussed in full length in another thread. Exactly how there's no way you can get MCD from liver tabs. Please, do us a favor and read and research before you waste my time.

this sounds a lot like the Jay Cutler uses it argument. Not picking on you or your baby, but for someone that rips glutamine so hard I can't see you being a fan of these...the theory behind the two sounds really close to me.
And who are you? Exactly, I have compiled a great number of testimonials on these, that once again you have failed to read. No one sponsors liver tabs. I guess I ruined your day by flaming glutamine, I apologize, but no need to take up room in this thread over it. Just pick a new supplement to pimp.

If there is more info than what is presented here I'm willing to listen. But for now I'll stick w/whey and a multi.
There's much more info. and I suggest you find it, regardless of if you use them or not, I dont think thats going to damage their credibility. Good day.

Jay Mc

Awards
I'm not trying to start a fight, I just don't see the difference between liver tabs and taking whey and a multi except that whey has way more aminos and the multi has higher concentrations of minerals (as well as a greater diversity) and micronutrients. To say the liver tabs have a significant amount of aminos is kinda silly...2.3g in every two tabs?

Here is my problem and the question you never addressed. How can you support taking a variety of amino acid supplements but malign taking glutamine. Also, in your glutamine thread you said testimonials of people who had a placebo effect don't mean anything to you, but for liver tabs they do?

You can ignore everything above and just answer this: what do liver tabs provide me that taking a multivitamin and taking whey protein wont.

You said multi's don't have amino's. Thats true they don't but whey protein is full of them.

You said liver tabs could replace ZMA but I don't see how since there is no zinc in them.

I'm not uneducated. May 12th I'll have a BS w/a double major in Biology and Chemistry. Following that I'll be starting medschool. I currently work for a busy 911 system as a paramedic. I scored a 31R on the MCAT. I promise I'm not an idiot.

Instead of making personal attacks on me and calling me a newbie why don't you address some of the issues I brought up. I read through a lot of old posts and found no information differing from that presented in this thread. Since this thread is titled Liver Tab FAQ I thought this would be a good place to ask them. Maybe I'm just bad at computers...oh, and if you want your text to stop being bolded when making multi quotes close the bold tag inside the quote tag (computers are hard, its ok).

I got the impression this board was about sharing and discussing body building information and ideas. I would like to discuss liver tabs not have my intelligence questioned. If thats a problem I'll be more than happy to leave yellowjacketminds.com.

J

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
I'm not trying to start a fight, I just don't see the difference between liver tabs and taking whey and a multi except that whey has way more aminos and the multi has higher concentrations of minerals (as well as a greater diversity) and micronutrients. To say the liver tabs have a significant amount of aminos is kinda silly...2.3g in every two tabs?
As compared to multis, since it was your idea to compare the two. Almost as silly as comparing liver tabs to glutamine huh? Not to mention people take many more than 2 tabs. I have been taking 18-20 for awhile now, you do the math.

Here is my problem and the question you never addressed. How can you support taking a variety of amino acid supplements but malign taking glutamine. Also, in your glutamine thread you said testimonials of people who had a placebo effect don't mean anything to you, but for liver tabs they do?
To compare one abundant amino acid to the rest of amino acids isnt even a point I will argue for the pure ignorance behind it. The testimonials were merely to stress not only do they look good and beneficial on paper, but people actually see results with it. Unlike glutamine, liver tabs actually have a solid result that can be seen. An increase in strength and recovery time, glutamine- cell volumizing? soft tissue repair? (recovery). I stand by liver tabs not only because if you breakdown the ingredients they are proven effective, but also because I have used them for sometime. If you use glutamine and feel results great, but can you rule out placebo with science? Nope.

You can ignore everything above and just answer this: what do liver tabs provide me that taking a multivitamin and taking whey protein wont.
Does your multi have B complex? Is your whey portable? Whey is pretty much a staple in the bodybuilding world, I think we can agree on that, and liver tabs are a supplement, to supplement your diet. What does your whey have that your meal plan doesnt? What does your multi have that your meal plan doesnt? Why even take whey or a multi? They are supplements, to supplement a, hopefully already effective, diet.

You said multi's don't have amino's. Thats true they don't but whey protein is full of them.
Good call, so are meats, and many other foods. See above.

You said liver tabs could replace ZMA but I don't see how since there is no zinc in them.
People still use ZMA? Oh, I didnt realize people still wasted money on that.

I'm not uneducated. May 12th I'll have a BS w/a double major in Biology and Chemistry. Following that I'll be starting medschool. I currently work for a busy 911 system as a paramedic. I scored a 31R on the MCAT. I promise I'm not an idiot.
Im supposed to be impressed? Im just forming an opinion based on shrewd observations from your previous posts. If you do not want to be labeled an idiot, dont post like one.

Instead of making personal attacks on me and calling me a newbie why don't you address some of the issues I brought up. I read through a lot of old posts and found no information differing from that presented in this thread.
You are labeled a newbie because you refuse to read previously posted information here. And yes it is here, trust me, I posted it.

Since this thread is titled Liver Tab FAQ I thought this would be a good place to ask them. Maybe I'm just bad at computers...oh, and if you want your text to stop being bolded when making multi quotes close the bold tag inside the quote tag (computers are hard, its ok).
Actually, I have done that and to no avail. I figure I would know how to operate one. Maybe you should stick to computer work, since you're obviously not prepared or educated enough to post here.

I got the impression this board was about sharing and discussing body building information and ideas. I would like to discuss liver tabs not have my intelligence questioned. If thats a problem I'll be more than happy to leave yellowjacketminds.com.
Now come on pjorstad, this board differs greatly from anorexicguy.net. You may be greatly respected at your board, but brother, here you're starting all over again. yellowjacketminds.com, I like the sound of that. ;)