*Liver Tab FAQ*

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. i'm gonna have to add 16 tablets of uni liver to my current 16 tablets of fish oil now


  2. There's nothing wrong with asking questions when the answers aren't set in stone. Your liver tab FAQ is good, YJ, however is isn't the end-all gospel of liver tab info that will cover every possible tangent that may arise (that would be near impossible to write). The study regarding the anti-fatigue 450 enzyme was a good post (something we used to have over at BB.com), and actually answered a question asked "What will liver tabs give me that whey and a multi won't?" This hardly ruined your thread, it actually gave us more information to examine, which is our goal here at AM, full exploration and analyzation of issues.
    •   
       


  3. Originally posted by pinoy
    i'm gonna have to add 16 tablets of uni liver to my current 16 tablets of fish oil now

    Can you get fish oil in liquid form? That would make things much easier....

  4. Originally posted by jweave23
    There's nothing wrong with asking questions when the answers aren't set in stone. Your liver tab FAQ is good, YJ, however is isn't the end-all gospel of liver tab info that will cover every possible tangent that may arise (that would be near impossible to write). The study regarding the anti-fatigue 450 enzyme was a good post (something we used to have over at BB.com), and actually answered a question asked "What will liver tabs give me that whey and a multi won't?" This hardly ruined your thread, it actually gave us more information to examine, which is our goal here at AM, full exploration and analyzation of issues.

    Yes, I thought that article was already here, I suppose it wasnt. This thread is as complete as it can be in my opinion. To come and ask smartass questions because I rained on his glutamine parade is a waste of my time and board space. Not to sound like an *******, but each of those questions could have been answered via the search engine. Ah well, guess thats what they pay me for

  5. Jay, don't sweat asking questions or exploring different trains of thought. That's what we want here at AM.
    •   
       


  6. Originally posted by YellowJacket



    Can you get fish oil in liquid form? That would make things much easier....
    nope...wish there was, wouldn't have to buy flax oil anymore :P

  7. Originally posted by pinoy


    nope...wish there was, wouldn't have to buy flax oil anymore :P
    Damn that kind of sucks man, I thought for sure fish oil was avaliable in liquid form.

  8. Also, here at AM, we're about taking it upon ourselves to research and help ourselves. Im more than willing to help those who will help themselves. Basic questions, such as the ones asked above, could have been found easily using only this board. Here at AM, we try to avoid the simplistic questions, we are more for advanced discussion and problem solving.

  9. Originally posted by YellowJacket
    Here's one for you newbie, Im sure you'll choose to ignore this one also


    According to Vince Gironda, the "Iron Guru", desiccated liver contains nucleic acids for proper amino-acid utilization, a growth factor and an anti-estrogen factor, which keeps testosterone levels high, and it is also a great anti-toxin.

    "... liver tablets are one of the most potent training aids for the bodybuilder. The formula is an extract which contains only trace amounts of fat and cholesterol, but forty-five times the nutritional value of whole beef liver, yet with all the nutrients and enzymes of raw liver."

    "...being very high in useable bodybuilding protein of the highest quality (it contains all the essential amino acids). It's a strong blood builder supplying heme iron. It is a very rich source of B vitamins, especially riboflavin, niacin, B-12, and the lipotropics choline and inositol. It's a good source of vitamins A, C, and D and other micro-nutrients and very rich in minerals such as the anti oxidant selenium, phosphorous, copper, zinc, and GTF chromium (insulin regulator). In addition to these known nutrients, there are substances present in liver shown to have a beneficial effect on health, fitness, and endurance such as cytochrome P-450 and others that have yet to be identified. "


    "In a classic experiment, Dr. B. H. Ershoff demonstrated that liver extract was able to boost strength, endurance, performance, and resistance to stress and disease. In a nutshell here's how this occurred:

    Dr. Ershoff took three groups of rats and fed them controlled diets for a twelve week period. Group one ate a basic diet fortified with vitamins and minerals. Group two ate as much as they wanted of the same diet plus B vitamins and brewer's yeast. Group three ate the basic diet but had 10% desiccated liver added to their rations.

    Then the doctor placed the rats one by one into a drum of water, out of which they could not climb. Therefore, it was either swim or drown. The group one rats swam an average of 13.2 minutes before they all drowned. Group two, an average of 13.4 minutes. Group three, however, were still swimming at the end of two hours, at which time the experiment was concluded. Now either the group three rats had watched the fate of their counterparts very closely, or the liver had something to do with them swimming almost 10 times as long. As far as we know, no other supplement has even come close to liver in improving endurance."
    I made this post at bb.com on a liver tab thread, explaining the benefits of dessicated liver a few months ago. Nice the way you take my posts and use them to your advantage when it suits you. Eric serrano has much more updated tests proving the value of glutamine. But then that's just real world experience, not pubmed, right?



    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...0&pagenumber=2

  10. Originally posted by John Benz

    I made this post at bb.com on a liver tab thread, explaining the benefits of dessicated liver a few months ago. Nice the way you take my posts and use them to your advantage when it suits you. Eric serrano has much more updated tests proving the value of glutamine. But then that's just real world experience, not pubmed, right?



    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...p;pagenumber=2
    I certainly didnt try to pass it off as my own, since its not all the great. As far as using it to suit me, yes, that was its use as is much of the use of information on the internet. Are you an information Nazi? (LoL).

    Eric who? Sorry John, this isnt a glutamine thread.

  11. Originally posted by YellowJacket



    Can you get fish oil in liquid form? That would make things much easier....
    It's called Cod Liver Oil and you can get it in a variety of different size bottles.

  12. OH GOD JOHN NOW YOU COME AND **** IT ALL AGAIN, PLEASE STOP !!!!!!! COME ON , HEY WW7 let's get john benz on the dog house for a while man, he's heating up arguments in every ****ing section of AM where YJ is posting.

  13. Originally posted by YellowJacket
    Also, here at AM, we're about taking it upon ourselves to research and help ourselves. Im more than willing to help those who will help themselves. Basic questions, such as the ones asked above, could have been found easily using only this board. Here at AM, we try to avoid the simplistic questions, we are more for advanced discussion and problem solving.
    Jay asked legitimate and pertinent questions. What we don't do here at AM is flame people for asking questions and debating a given topic.

  14. Originally posted by John Benz

    Jay asked legitimate and pertinent questions. What we don't do here at AM is flame people for asking questions and debating a given topic.

    Oh, what a surprise, I thought you'd agree with me

    This following me around, getting punked in each thread that you do, must get very old. Being on a mission to follow my posts and make each of them personal must get old also. Its funny to see you post only in threads where theres potential for drama, for the love of god Im suffocating in this constant bull****, grow up and get a life, seriously.

  15. Originally posted by RaulJimenez
    OH GOD JOHN NOW YOU COME AND **** IT ALL AGAIN, PLEASE STOP !!!!!!! COME ON , HEY WW7 let's get john benz on the dog house for a while man, he's heating up arguments in every ****ing section of AM where YJ is posting.
    Raul,

    You did not see the way YJ treated Jay?

  16. Originally posted by jweave23
    There's nothing wrong with asking questions when the answers aren't set in stone. Your liver tab FAQ is good, YJ, however is isn't the end-all gospel of liver tab info that will cover every possible tangent that may arise (that would be near impossible to write). The study regarding the anti-fatigue 450 enzyme was a good post (something we used to have over at BB.com), and actually answered a question asked "What will liver tabs give me that whey and a multi won't?" This hardly ruined your thread, it actually gave us more information to examine, which is our goal here at AM, full exploration and analyzation of issues.
    Well said Jweave!

  17. Well man don't get involved in those threads, they were directly personal between YJ and JAY, if there is anything "good" "KNOWLEDGEABLE" to be apported to the thread then i think is worth the time responding, otherwise i don't think i see a reason for trying to heat up arguments or follow yj around and try to make him look bad, im not siding anywhere but I think this has got to stop, make peace i don't know , you both look like husband and wife.

  18. Originally posted by RaulJimenez
    Well man don't get involved in those threads, they were directly personal between YJ and JAY, if there is anything "good" "KNOWLEDGEABLE" to be apported to the thread then i think is worth the time responding, otherwise i don't think i see a reason for trying to heat up arguments or follow yj around and try to make him look bad, im not siding anywhere but I think this has got to stop, make peace i don't know , you both look like husband and wife.
    Well said, I husband of course

  19. Originally posted by RaulJimenez
    Well man don't get involved in those threads, they were directly personal between YJ and JAY, if there is anything "good" "KNOWLEDGEABLE" to be apported to the thread then i think is worth the time responding, otherwise i don't think i see a reason for trying to heat up arguments or follow yj around and try to make him look bad, im not siding anywhere but I think this has got to stop, make peace i don't know , you both look like husband and wife.
    Well that is apart of the problem. If it's personal between YJ and Jay then in should be in PM's. People have the right to ask questions if they dont think the answer has been given in such a way as to satisfy the specifics of their query. When you openly make this this stuff for all to see on the board then it is equally open for everyones comments. Other than that we agree Raul.

  20. Hey Jay, getting back to the org. thread here, I followed a link from the post John referred to at BB.com and found this which might explain some stuff about the Cytochrome P450 Reductase found in liver tabs that might explain the increased energy. I personally feel one of the great things about liver tabs is the increased energy I experience, perhaps this explains it.

  21. Originally posted by windwords7


    Well that is apart of the problem. If it's personal between YJ and Jay then in should be in PM's. People have the right to ask questions if they dont think the answer has been given in such a way as to satisfy the specifics of their query. When you openly make this this stuff for all to see on the board then it is equally open for everyones comments. Other than that we agree Raul.
    Technically to support your 'Eden' the questions shouldnt have been asked, all were easy to answer and could have been auto-answered via the search engine. Im not busting the kids balls, well maybe a little, but if no one else does, what will this board become? A bb.com where creatine questions run rampant? I dont think that follows Eden aye? You know the personal attacks Benz is after, you're aware of them, you just choose to avoid them and overlook them and thats cool, they're delt with easily and no sweat off my balls.

  22. You and Benz have your own issues. That's nothing to do with anyone else. YJ you did bust Jay's balls and Jay did not ask a standard newbie question. Jay did NOTHING out of line with the Eden vision that Chemo layed out and that has nothing to do with anything at hand.

  23. Originally posted by windwords7
    You and Benz have your own issues. That's nothing to do with anyone else. YJ you did bust Jay's balls and Jay did not ask a standard newbie question. Jay did NOTHING out of line with the Eden vision that Chemo layed out and that has nothing to do with anything at hand.
    Standard newbie questions to who? You or me? I feel like they could have been found via the search function, and they could have, hence the attitude. Nothing wrong with that. Newbie questions lead to more, more newbie questions lead to more newbies, more newbies equals bb.com, ruining Eden. Come on now, you should be able to see that.

    On a final note, I hope everyone, as well as myself, will delete all the bull**** posts in this thread as its pretty ruined now.

  24. Originally posted by Draven
    Hey Jay, getting back to the org. thread here, I followed a link from the post John referred to at BB.com and found this which might explain some stuff about the Cytochrome P450 Reductase found in liver tabs that might explain the increased energy. I personally feel one of the great things about liver tabs is the increased energy I experience, perhaps this explains it.
    Nice Draven, I posted that at BB.com a while back to get Pat Arnold to try and clarify the P450 enzyme for all of us (just a random thread, but he's a sharp mutha!). Unfortunately, with the given info, no one came up with the exact mechanisms by which it is helpful, but that has always been a property of liver tabs, they have "extras" that we haven't fully explored yet.

  25. Draven, jweave, ww, thanks for the info. I appologize to everyone on the board for causing such a fuss. That really wasn't my intention. I had a question (that finally got answered ) If it was a newbie question it probably should have been in the faq anyway, if not, well then some more good info got added along w/some bs...good w/the bad right?

    J

  26. Originally posted by Jay Mc
    Draven, jweave, ww, thanks for the info. I appologize to everyone on the board for causing such a fuss. That really wasn't my intention. I had a question (that finally got answered ) If it was a newbie question it probably should have been in the faq anyway, if not, well then some more good info got added along w/some bs...good w/the bad right?

    J
    Actually, not to beat a dead horse, but if you act like a smartass, you're going to get a smartass. I apologize for not including your question in my FAQ, but as basic as it was, I assumed it to be common sense, I wont make the mistake again.

  27. wow i received my order of uni-liver from muscleshoppe.com in one day. they also made a mistake and shipped out my order twice so i got a free 500 tab bottle of uni-liver! woo hoo
  28. concerning liver tabs


    ive tried universal liver tabs they made me constipated for
    three days, and have atrocious gas as well. These symptoms
    are fortunatly, although unfortunatly your body's way of telling
    you that it disagrees with the supplement you are ingesting.

    uni liver is the only liver product i have tried.
    i am aware of the beneficial qualities of beef liver and hopefully
    i can find a product that my body agrees with so i can continue
    taking liver tabs in hopes of reaping the benefits desiccated beef
    liver has to offer.

    It would be much appreciated if someone has a recomendation
    of a liver product that does'nt cause the side effects stated above.

    my next purchase may possibly be ultra 40 by bev intl, being that they
    claim their product is of superior quality hopefully it will give me the
    results i am looking for without the side effects mentioned above.

    once again if anyone has any suggestions or recomendations (aside from
    the masking techniqe of ginger) it would be most apprieciated.
    i'll keep my experimentation with liver products updated as i continue my
    search.

    "a hypothesis concerning difficult digestion". my query is that maybe the reason
    for the digestion process being difficult with the liver tabs is due to the high grain
    of the tablets (being 30 to 40). The liver tablets of old that are touted as being a
    staple supplement in the diets of many professional bodybuilers of the 60's and 70's
    were actually low grain formulated tablets.

    My conclusion being that maybe this was a blessing instead of a
    curse considering the low grain density of the tablets being more easily/readily
    digested rather thanyour high grain dense tablets (30-40 grain) of today.
    i dont know just a thought

    if any one has tried bev ultra 40 give me a heads up of wiether it gave anyone gas or
    constipation or both, before i go out and blow the thirty bucks. and if you guys
    know of any companies that still manufacture low grain 7-10 tablets let me know
    it'd be much appreciated. remember thats low grain not grade.

    thanx all. peace

  29. Quote Originally Posted by YellowJacket
    ... vegetarains supplement with liver tabs to get their essential amino acids.
    Good post - I have a container of Uni-Liver at work to take throughout the day that I had "forgotten" about.

    I just find it funny to point out, that by "most" definitions (yes, there's many), vegetarians "cannot" take liver tabs since they are derived from an animal (and especially because it can only be done once the animal is slaughtered.)

  30. Quote Originally Posted by lomfran
    if any one has tried bev ultra 40 give me a heads up of wiether it gave anyone gas or
    constipation or both, before i go out and blow the thirty bucks. and if you guys
    know of any companies that still manufacture low grain 7-10 tablets let me know
    it'd be much appreciated. remember thats low grain not grade.

    thanx all. peace
    I had the same problems with Uni-Liver that you described. I switched to Beverly's Ultra 40 and have had NO problems whatsoever, even when taking up to 25 a day. It's a quality product in my opinion, and well worth the extra money.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. My dog likes Uni liver tabs
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 01:14 AM
  2. Will Liver tabs stop lethargy from 1-test?
    By Beefy6969 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 09:42 PM
  3. Liver tab stench!
    By hemotep in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-27-2003, 06:33 PM
  4. More Liver Tab Pimping.....
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-23-2003, 12:29 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-04-2002, 01:37 PM
Log in
Log in