*Liver Tab FAQ*

Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.44%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Originally posted by windwords7

Well that is apart of the problem. If it's personal between YJ and Jay then in should be in PM's. People have the right to ask questions if they dont think the answer has been given in such a way as to satisfy the specifics of their query. When you openly make this this stuff for all to see on the board then it is equally open for everyones comments. Other than that we agree Raul.
    Technically to support your 'Eden' the questions shouldnt have been asked, all were easy to answer and could have been auto-answered via the search engine. Im not busting the kids balls, well maybe a little, but if no one else does, what will this board become? A bb.com where creatine questions run rampant? I dont think that follows Eden aye? You know the personal attacks Benz is after, you're aware of them, you just choose to avoid them and overlook them and thats cool, they're delt with easily and no sweat off my balls.

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

You and Benz have your own issues. That's nothing to do with anyone else. YJ you did bust Jay's balls and Jay did not ask a standard newbie question. Jay did NOTHING out of line with the Eden vision that Chemo layed out and that has nothing to do with anything at hand.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.44%

Originally posted by windwords7
    You and Benz have your own issues. That's nothing to do with anyone else. YJ you did bust Jay's balls and Jay did not ask a standard newbie question. Jay did NOTHING out of line with the Eden vision that Chemo layed out and that has nothing to do with anything at hand.
    Standard newbie questions to who? You or me? I feel like they could have been found via the search function, and they could have, hence the attitude. Nothing wrong with that. Newbie questions lead to more, more newbie questions lead to more newbies, more newbies equals bb.com, ruining Eden. Come on now, you should be able to see that.

On a final note, I hope everyone, as well as myself, will delete all the bull**** posts in this thread as its pretty ruined now.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.32%

Originally posted by Draven
    Hey Jay, getting back to the org. thread here, I followed a link from the post John referred to at BB.com and found this which might explain some stuff about the Cytochrome P450 Reductase found in liver tabs that might explain the increased energy. I personally feel one of the great things about liver tabs is the increased energy I experience, perhaps this explains it.
    Nice Draven, I posted that at BB.com a while back to get Pat Arnold to try and clarify the P450 enzyme for all of us (just a random thread, but he's a sharp mutha!). Unfortunately, with the given info, no one came up with the exact mechanisms by which it is helpful, but that has always been a property of liver tabs, they have "extras" that we haven't fully explored yet.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.8%

Draven, jweave, ww, thanks for the info. I appologize to everyone on the board for causing such a fuss. That really wasn't my intention. I had a question (that finally got answered ) If it was a newbie question it probably should have been in the faq anyway, if not, well then some more good info got added along w/some bs...good w/the bad right?

J
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.44%

Originally posted by Jay Mc
    Draven, jweave, ww, thanks for the info. I appologize to everyone on the board for causing such a fuss. That really wasn't my intention. I had a question (that finally got answered ) If it was a newbie question it probably should have been in the faq anyway, if not, well then some more good info got added along w/some bs...good w/the bad right?

J
    Actually, not to beat a dead horse, but if you act like a smartass, you're going to get a smartass. I apologize for not including your question in my FAQ, but as basic as it was, I assumed it to be common sense, I wont make the mistake again.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.58%

wow i received my order of uni-liver from muscleshoppe.com in one day. they also made a mistake and shipped out my order twice so i got a free 500 tab bottle of uni-liver! woo hoo
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0%

concerning liver tabs

ive tried universal liver tabs they made me constipated for
    three days, and have atrocious gas as well. These symptoms
    are fortunatly, although unfortunatly your body's way of telling
    you that it disagrees with the supplement you are ingesting.

uni liver is the only liver product i have tried.
    i am aware of the beneficial qualities of beef liver and hopefully
    i can find a product that my body agrees with so i can continue
    taking liver tabs in hopes of reaping the benefits desiccated beef
    liver has to offer.

It would be much appreciated if someone has a recomendation
    of a liver product that does'nt cause the side effects stated above.

my next purchase may possibly be ultra 40 by bev intl, being that they
    claim their product is of superior quality hopefully it will give me the
    results i am looking for without the side effects mentioned above.

once again if anyone has any suggestions or recomendations (aside from
    the masking techniqe of ginger) it would be most apprieciated.
    i'll keep my experimentation with liver products updated as i continue my
    search.

"a hypothesis concerning difficult digestion". my query is that maybe the reason
    for the digestion process being difficult with the liver tabs is due to the high grain
    of the tablets (being 30 to 40). The liver tablets of old that are touted as being a
    staple supplement in the diets of many professional bodybuilers of the 60's and 70's
    were actually low grain formulated tablets.

My conclusion being that maybe this was a blessing instead of a
    curse considering the low grain density of the tablets being more easily/readily
    digested rather thanyour high grain dense tablets (30-40 grain) of today.
    i dont know just a thought

if any one has tried bev ultra 40 give me a heads up of wiether it gave anyone gas or
    constipation or both, before i go out and blow the thirty bucks. and if you guys
    know of any companies that still manufacture low grain 7-10 tablets let me know
    it'd be much appreciated. remember thats low grain not grade.

thanx all. peace
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.16%

Quote Originally Posted by YellowJacket
    ... vegetarains supplement with liver tabs to get their essential amino acids.
    Good post - I have a container of Uni-Liver at work to take throughout the day that I had "forgotten" about.

I just find it funny to point out, that by "most" definitions (yes, there's many), vegetarians "cannot" take liver tabs since they are derived from an animal (and especially because it can only be done once the animal is slaughtered.)
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.25%

Quote Originally Posted by lomfran
    if any one has tried bev ultra 40 give me a heads up of wiether it gave anyone gas or
    constipation or both, before i go out and blow the thirty bucks. and if you guys
    know of any companies that still manufacture low grain 7-10 tablets let me know
    it'd be much appreciated. remember thats low grain not grade.

thanx all. peace
    I had the same problems with Uni-Liver that you described. I switched to Beverly's Ultra 40 and have had NO problems whatsoever, even when taking up to 25 a day. It's a quality product in my opinion, and well worth the extra money.
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer View Post
    One thing mroe, they also cause a mild amount of water retention creating more of an anabolic environment.
    what if were cutting would i loose benefits because im loosing water or should i drink more water?
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  12. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.86%

This thread is 4 years old!
  13. UniversalUSA.com
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.25%

For anyone interested in liver tabs, we've got a lively thread goin' on over here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...iver-tabs.html

Old school don't mean obsolete.
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.12%

i noiced alot of people here are using uni-liver (inexpensive). i havent gone that route becaue of the high calcium content. ive heard of the old timers taking 100 liver pills a day, which would translate into about 30 of a bigger liver pill like beverly international ultra-40. anyway, if i were to take only 15 uni-liver tabs, thats a gram and a half of a low-grade calcium (carbonate) which, aside from being an antacid (stomach acid neutralizer that would otherwise be used for proper digestion of nutrients) could lead to other problems like gas and kidney stones. i ordered on called "tried and true" liver because its ceo refuted the practice of adding additives to pretend there is more liver in the pill than there is. also, i like the fact that, unlike with beverly international, he didnt add supplemental b12 (cyanacobalamin) to the mix, but let it be. i ordered beverly international as well, but i havent tried it yet. i did not order uni-liver because, aside from the above things i dont like about it, i read a very logical and thorough review where this guy called "trance" put bev international, nature's way, and uni-liver in a solution of acidity and water matching that of stomach acid. he did this because he said uni-liver failed to produce the same athletic effects by a long shot, and he wanted to know why; he found the uni-liver tabs never dissolved. some dissolved in 2 minutes, but uni-tabs didnt after 2 hours. now this isnt exact science, but i put it all together with the amazingly low price tag and it all just comes together.

i would like to say a word about different vitamin forms, ie a whole food vitamin verses a sysnthetic or isolated compound. the reason why we have 15,000% daily value portions given with common b vitamins is because they are very poorly utilized and the hope is if we take this huge amount, the tiny ratio that will work will grow. the practical problem with this method lies in the bodies rejection of large doses litering the bloodstream; people who take alot of these b complexes end up urinating alot more to rid the excess of useless material, and in the process, more nutrients are lost. further, most b complexes are not coenzymated, meaning that they are useless unless the body can scrounge up enough material to coenzymate but a portion of them. i imagine this resourcefulness is diminished with ongoing use of the huge portion of useless crap found in the typical b-complex. that said, there are alternatives; there are sublingual coenzymated b complexes out there, which deliver an effective dose and there are wholefood complexes, like megafood b complex, which is similar to food. while i liked these forms, i found they gave me an immediate effect that didnt compare to an effect i got from the b's found in beef liver; the reasoning is that food b's will end up having a sustained release effect, and we dont get too much in our bloodstream at once, so we can use it all. ive used tons of the highest quality b complexes, but liver tabs take the cake; they just dont affect me like the food matrix can. its my belief that liver is so amazing because it builds blood, where are other methods really suck, and i say that about the best alternatives, including proferrin (heme iron supplement) albion iron (specialized chelate patent) combined with any coenzyme b12 and methylfolate out there. the addition of p-450, a super anti-toxin and apparent growth factor, makes it better. ianyway, its been well proven that a tiny bit of vitamin c from food is 50 times more potent than supplemental c because of all the cofactors that assist in the absorption and delivery of the vitamin. typical b vitamins are tar derivitives my friends; theres just no comparison.

i would also like to say that paba is extremely beneficial to people who need it. any search under "benefits of paba" will display its function in ALL vital and metabolic functions. ive seen people's gray hair turn black from taking large amounts over time

ive also noticed some strange inconsistancies from one liver-tab brand to the another; for example, solgar dessicated liver has a vitamin A content far below what liver contains, whereas natures way has over double the iron the others claim to. i can only wonder about the varience in how the rest of the products undisclosed nutrients are cut; i asked, and they claim not to know, or they cant be reached. i saw a label for beverly international claiming it had 20mg of b5. if thats accurate, im very impressed because b5 is one of those nutrients they dont add to cereal ect (bad tasting, synthetic has side-effects) and it alone is highly underrated in its ability to stimulate adrenaline and the endocrine system and turn fat into energy. its one of those nutrients that can get deficient just from having an argument with someone (adrenaline). i personally would take liver tabs for that b5 alone. anyway, im started tried and true liver on a low dose (4x of 3000mg a day) but im going for 20 a day. some gas, very occasional. i heard someone claim the gas is from freeze drying liver but i dont have any knowledge past the heresay. another reason may have to do with intestinal bacteria's foundness for iron, and the subsequent gas they produce when they get a bite of something.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  267 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.71%

Ive been using Uni-liver on and off for about 3 years. I saw the movie Pumping iron when it was re-released and saw Lou taking em. They work.
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.12%

anybody out there taking megadoses of liver (ie 20 times 3000mg)? ive attempted to do this with a liver from "tried and true". but unlike some liver supplements, this one has a very bitter/uneatable taste if chewed, which i found intrigueing initially. anyway, ive determined that after a few days that i'm overdosing on copper, as evidenced by the joint pain and slight sore throat, neither of whihc i ever get and both of which indicate depleted sulfer from high copper. 6 tabs a day could have up to 1200% rda of copper, but i believe some brands out there will naturally contain less. the owner of tried and true doesnt know any levels for his product, but ive seen great variations in mineral content from one brand to another. im guessing the unusually bitter taste is my body telling me theres too much of something i dont need, so im going to try beverly international.
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.12%

ok. i checked with beverly int. they said no way high copper in these; they said it would take like 80 tabs to get to 200% copper. im attributing my symptoms to the resulting intolerance ive discovered to liver tabs due, in my case to either their compacted nature or their concentration/extracted nature from pure liver. i say this because i started taking a product called now liver powder, which is not defatted and is only altered in the sense that its been dried and i havent gotten any gas or g i probs from it, even at 60grams a day. ive believe the now is less potent than the tablets out there; its not bitter at all and i notice positive effects only at higher servings, but i think the potency is what messed me up since i tried chewing the tablets and found that didnt work. anyway, i guess my point is that these tablets all seem to have their own cut, even though nobody's listing everything. for example, this now only has 3% iron in 10grams, where natures life has over 150% in the same amount

Similar Forum Threads

1. My dog likes Uni liver tabs
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 01:14 AM
  2. Will Liver tabs stop lethargy from 1-test?
    By Beefy6969 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 09:42 PM
  3. Liver tab stench!
    By hemotep in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-27-2003, 06:33 PM
  4. More Liver Tab Pimping.....
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-23-2003, 12:29 PM
  5. Replies: 10