Too much for Thyroid?

C

chaz92398

Awards
I'm currently finishing up a bottle of Dicana (3/day for 4wks). I saw little to no increase of body fat as I did with Trimax. I'm currently on MAX LMG (almost 2 weeks 75mg/day) and adding in SD (10-20mg/day) for 3 wks starting 9-7-05.

I would appreciate any insight as to whether it would be safe to start Trimax for the 3 weeks with SD. Just because I didn't feel Dicana, I don't know if that means there was no TSH shutdown.

Thoughts? Opinions? Rants?
I'm all ears...

S

shaorinor

Awards
Well, if you want to go the safest route, don't start a trimax cycle right after you finish a dicana cycle. If you want to be sure, go get bloodwork done.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
"decrease" in body fat is what you meant, right?

Blown_SC

Blown_SC

Eh Hole Board Supporter
Awards
Does it have tiratricol in it?

C

chaz92398

Awards
Does it have tiratricol in it?
Not to my knowledge (Proprietary Blend: Diiodothyroacetic acid isonomers)

Any other suggestions? I understand my TSH could possibly be shut down. The major question is whether it would be unwise (unsafe) to do 3 weeks trimax..

Any and all insight would be appreciated so I can make an informed decision.

J

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Not to my knowledge (Proprietary Blend: Diiodothyroacetic acid isonomers)

Any other suggestions? I understand my TSH could possibly be shut down. The major question is whether it would be unwise (unsafe) to do 3 weeks trimax..

Any and all insight would be appreciated so I can make an informed decision.
In my opinion if you dont know the condiition of your thyroid function after the dicana you shouldnt do the trimax. You surly dont want to permanently shut down your thyroid function. If I were to consider doing what you suggest I would damn sure get some bloodwork done first.

C

chaz92398

Awards
2-0 for no Trimax. Thanks Shaorinor and J.

Blown_SC

Blown_SC

Eh Hole Board Supporter
Awards
People have ran T3 for a LONG time, and their thyroid still recovers fairly quickly (usually within 4 wks)....

Just keep that in mind.

I'd suggest you get some t-100x glandular thyroid support.

V

Vtaper

Awards
Be sure to use lean extreme,or maybe alri's retain(looks promising)to help boost thyroid production after your dicana/trimax cycle, you should also throw in some bladderwrack, which is an herb that stimulates the thyroid.

C

chaz92398

Awards
Be sure to use lean extreme,or maybe alri's retain(looks promising)to help boost thyroid production after your dicana/trimax cycle, you should also throw in some bladderwrack, which is an herb that stimulates the thyroid.
Never heard of bladderwrack. I'll take a look. Thanks. All DS products are a staple. The only ALRI product I've used is MaxLMG.

I'm not quite sure if I'm gonna use Tri after Dicana or not. It seems to be a toss up on how safe it is to run these back to back. It would be a total of 7 weeks for both.

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
Hey Blown_SC .. you and Dr. D seem to be the resident thyroid experts... could you recommend any good educational resources on supps/diet to optimize thyroid output and t3/t4 conversion, and some info on Basal Body Temperature and how t3/trimax dosage should be correlated to that?

Blown_SC

Blown_SC

Eh Hole Board Supporter
Awards
Hey Blown_SC .. you and Dr. D seem to be the resident thyroid experts... could you recommend any good educational resources on supps/diet to optimize thyroid output and t3/t4 conversion, and some info on Basal Body Temperature and how t3/trimax dosage should be correlated to that?
There are several good write-ups by my friend Mallet, who taught me alot of what I know. You can PM me for the link (at IFL) as I won't promote another board on the open forum. Also, Dan Duchaine had some decent information, a decent read would be "Body Opus" by him. There are many helpful books regarding the thyroid, and the rest of your endocrine system widely available. You've actually just given me a pretty good idea... thanks. Additionally, I'm currently working on a T3 profile for another board on which I'm staff, so if you're interested at a later date, I'll link you. I've written a Triacana profile for AR as well.... worth checking out.

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
I totally understand not promoting other boards on here.. i wouldn't expect it(only at BB.com)... but I can't send PMs( I tried)... I think it's because I'm not a board supporter yet(I'm still pretty new here)... if you wouldn't mind... could you send the links to my email... its my user name @yahoo.com.. I'd really appreciate it..my interest in the thyroid has been spurred recently and I kind of want an overall perspective on it, how it works and and how it reacts to different things, any info would be greatly appreciated and I'm really interested in your triacana profile

-Moose