ammonia

chadla

Awards
Question for some of you, today at the gym I noticed my sweat smelled like ammonia. So I came home and did a search and found a few things on the forum. For the most part what I read was that maybe I have excess protein. The problem I have with that is that today my protein was below normal (about 200 grams) and is usually closer 300. Do I just need to take in more water. I take a few supplements flax,bcaa,multivitamin,cee,taurine,milk thisle,and of course protein. My weight is 218 as of today and about 10% fat. Currently have been PCT for a week and half and today I am dropping my clomid from 100 to 50 (first two days 300). Did a week and a half of clenbuteral at low dose of 60 mcg just for cortisol. So..... is this really related to too much protein, PCT related, or just not enough water?

Malek256

Awards
It's NH3

Sweat smelling like ammonia comes about when urea's produced from burning protein as energy -- and is a potential indication you've been burning your lean body mass.

Keep an eye on your lean body mass - you might want to cut your workout length if it starts to dip. Alternatively you could consider upping carbs just prior to working out.

It can also be that it's simply concentrated in your sweat -- insufficient water means it's not diluted, so you'll notice it more.

chadla

Awards
Sweat smelling like ammonia comes about when urea's produced from burning protein as energy -- and is a potential indication you've been burning your lean body mass.

Keep an eye on your lean body mass - you might want to cut your workout length if it starts to dip. Alternatively you could consider upping carbs just prior to working out.

It can also be that it's simply concentrated in your sweat -- insufficient water means it's not diluted, so you'll notice it more.
Thanks, Malek256 I'll try getting more carbs before my workout and see what happens. Thanks again for the advise.