SAN's "Tight" non-ephedra fat burner

GuyinLA

Awards
Hope to get some input on SAN's Tight non-ephedra fat burner product. I think this must be a new product because DPS and MuscleShoppe don't yet carry it. I have mixed feelings about SAN, based on what I read on boards. Some products seem to have great reputations (e.g. V-12) but others don't. Anyone have an opinion on Tight? Has anyone used it? These are the ingredients:

Caffeine Anhydrous 200 mg
Synephrine HCl 99.9% 20 mg
Forslean® 95% 20 mg
Synthetic Guggulsterones Z & E 99.9% 20 mg
Yohimbine HCl 99.9% 5 mg
Vinpocetine 99.9% 5 mg
Bioperine® 96.9% 5 mg

This is a link to SAN's website for a product article:

http://www.sann.net/ampharma/tightart.html

GuyinLA

Awards
Good question. It is $49.95 if you buy from SAN for 60 capsules. Directions are to take two per day. So, this would run $100 per month. Very expensive. But once carried by web retailers, it should be considerably less expensive. I would imagine a web retailer would sell it for around $28.00. At $56.00 a month, that is still pretty pricey. So, from a cost standpoint, it may may be a no go.

Aside from cost, does anyone have opinions on the ingredients?

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
The ingredients look pretty good. I see no reason not to give it a try as long as the price is right.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
I think that @ 2 caps/day the bottle would last 30 days...am I wrong?

GuyinLA

Awards
I think that @ 2 caps/day the bottle would last 30 days...am I wrong?
You're right. Guess that shows my talent for arithmetic. So, at $28.00 a month from a web retailer, it looks okay to me from a cost standpoint. The directions say that up to three capsules can be taken per day.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
all the dosages look good to me....I say hit it ;)

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
man i hate caffeine..stuff tears me up something feirce..wish i could get a product like this without the caff

GuyinLA

Awards
To encourage participation, thought I would give some additional info that, to me, appears to distinguish this product from others:

1. Synthetic Guggulsterones Z & E. Extracts from the SAN article referenced above (obviously not an objective source, I realize): "There are several different guggulsterones but the Z and E versions are the ones specifically proven to rapidly accelerate fat burning activity. The Z and E guggulsterones work by stimulating thyroid production. The thyroid gland regulates your metabolism, so by increasing thyroid production your metabolic rate will increase…" And, "But to really intensify Thermogenic effects you need high levels of the thyroid hormone T3. You accomplish this by converting T4 to T3 efficiently. High levels of T3 will translate into a turbo charged metabolic rate and result in the shredded physique you've always wanted in record time. The Z and E guggulsterones make all that possible. They not only stimulate thyroid production, but also facilitate the conversion of T4 to T3. So you get the best of both worlds. Your thyroid production is enhanced and you get the greatest amount of the most potent thyroid hormone, T3."
"...but any old version of Z and E guggulsterones simply won't get the job done…in fact they won't even come close. Check this out, coz it'll amaze you. The highest degree of guggulsterone purity in any product currently on the market is only 10%....The Z and E guggulsterones SAN uses in Tight are the highest-level pharmaceutical grade and have been HPLC tested at 99.9% purity. Tight delivers guggulsterones with at least 9 times the potency of other products containing guggulsterones…and up to 99 times as much."

2. Forslean. This is a patented form of Forskolin. Again, from the SAN article: "Most products containing some type of forskolin don't deliver much potency. To overcome this problem, SAN uses Forslean, which has been scientifically proven to contain at least 95% purity level. Please be aware of the vast difference between the same or similarly named ingredient and its actual potency. With Tight, there's no doubt, it's right on the label."

I also did an Internet search on Forslean and here is the website:
http://www.forslean.com/home.htm The website had a link to a clinical study so I took a look at it. I'm no expert, but I was disappointed that it wasn't a double-blind study (i.e. a control and placebo group). But at least there was some attempt to test it and I would imagine this study was the basis for the patent.

RippedUp

Awards
Re: SAN's "Tight" non-ephedra fat burner

Originally posted by GuyinLA
Some products seem to have great reputations (e.g. V-12) but others don't. 
The products that don't, are the ones pre-J. Rod.'s arrival at SAN.

I know him quite well, and he would never associate with a company that would mislead its customers or come out with bogus products. (he's been working for them since Oct./Nov. or so)

Tight! is probably the most interesting eph.-free fat burner on the market today, with top-notch ingredients. I would definitely give it a go if I were you. Stacked with some ephedrine (if you tolerate it), this would be an awesome stack.

Also looking fwd. for their EFA/CLA blend, Lipidex.

Dio

Awards
I agree with Rippedup. Tight looks pretty solid and I would defintely give it a shot. However, I got tired of waiting for it to come out so I bought some thermodynamix by EAS.

GuyinLA

Awards
Who carries Tight? I can't find it anywhere
The only place I have found that carries it (other than SAN, of course) is bodybuilding.com. They carry it for $30 vs. $50 at SAN's website. I have never purchased from bodybuilding.com before. I generally buy at MuscleShoppe, DPS, or 1fast400. Thought I would wait a bit before buying. I expect it will just be a matter of time before Tight is carried more widely.

I'm definitely going to give it a try, in large part due to RippedUp's endorsement, but also because the SAN write-up impressed me (though I know it could just be manufacturer's hype). If I get results, I'll post.

GuyinLA

Awards
I just ordered Tight from MuscleShoppe.com (my web supplier of choice: fast delivery due to multiple distribution sites around the country, extremely competitive prices, free shipping on orders over $100, and great service). They carry Tight for $27.81.

dozer3

Board Supporter
Awards
i just finished a cycle of t1 and decided to try a fat burner for the first time. i checked out tight!, adrenelin and thermodynamix. i chose thermodynamix because of cost and convinience, buying it from dps with my 6 oxo. i've been taking 2 tabs 2 times a day but haven't really noticed anything. does my dosage sound right? i expected to be wound like a top but so far not much to report.. thanks

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I thought about Thermodynamx when it first came out. It seems promising. Let us know your results. Maybe combine it with some ephedra?

GuyinLA

Awards
i just finished a cycle of t1 and decided to try a fat burner for the first time. i checked out tight!, adrenelin and thermodynamix. i chose thermodynamix because of cost and convinience, buying it from dps with my 6 oxo. i've been taking 2 tabs 2 times a day but haven't really noticed anything. does my dosage sound right? i expected to be wound like a top but so far not much to report.. thanks
If you really want to be wired, nothing beats ephedrine and Thermodynamix has none. You could always add some ephedrine (lots of web sites sell that product stand alone very cheaply). You could always up your dosage of Thermodynamix to three tabs 2 times a day and that might give you more of boost from the additional caffeine. Perhaps Dio will respond since he indicates that he is taking it in a post above.

CableMan67

Awards
Tight

Anybody have any feedback on taking SAN's Tight?

Thinking of buying it but don't know if it's worth $$$

Thanks.

Dio

Awards
I've been taking thermodynamx at 3 caps 3x/day; am also using FL7 from Avant Labs.

Fat loss has been steady (1-2lbs/week) -- I think that ThermoD has definitely helped as I noticed a difference when I added it. Nothing too dramatic though. I may add some yohimbe and see what that does.

Best benefit for me has been that it has helped a lot with hunger. I normally start thinking about food around 11am and can't think straight until I eat. Now even when I get hungry, I can tolerate it.

If it was cheaper I'd recommend it, but at the current price there are other things I want to try. Tight is next -- 1fast just started carrying it.