Supplements for Focus??

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
Im taking a 2 1/2 week anatomy and physiology class. Whole semester crammed into 2 weeks. Six days a week. Well, after a couple hours of the class, i cant focus anymore. What is a good supp for focus? I need something to make it through this class. Thanks, Anthony

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
i've been using Acetyl-l-Carnitine for a week or so now & the increased focus was the first thing i noticed.

i take it on an empty stomach with a cup of Green Tea Extract & the increase in focus is almost immediate.

Jag

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Ephedrine and Caffeine always did the trick for me on those days I needed to hit the books hardcore.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Caffeine doesn't do much for me :eek: maybe the ephedrine...

ALCAR has a good rep....

Grifter

Board Supporter
Awards
Ant., maybe you should tell them what you already are taking.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
ALCAR would be at the top of the list right alongside Rhodiola rosacea at a 3 to 4 time per day dosing.

You could mix alcar, green tea and rhodiola all together and take it several times per day...or subsitute chocamine for the green tea for a stronger stimulant effect.

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
I just finished studying, then testing for the first part of my A+ certification last week. I had my free sample of Spike (biotest). The stuff works pretty good. It really helped me concentrate. By the way, I passsed the hardware portion of A+, now I just need to study and pass the O.S. portion. :thumbsup:

tintinet

Awards
AMP, Caffeine, Tyrosine, Green Tea, GPC or Modafinil.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
AMP...alot of people have been going off about the focus and drive they have while on it

tintinet

Awards
AMP Effects

AMP...alot of people have been going off about the focus and drive they have while on it
Yeah, works for me (with green tea, coffee, plus/minus ephedrine, HEAT).

Calm, clear, laser like focus as well as energy (mental, physical), improved visual acuity, quickness, dexterity.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
there is NO WAY i'd be able to sit still after a dose of ephedrine. :run:

from my experience ALCAR affects mostly the head/mind & not so much the body.

Jag

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
Im already doing an EC stack. It does help me stay awake through the class but i still lose focus after a while. I have heard good things about alcar. Im gonna look into amp. Looks like good stuff too. Gonna be a rough 2 weeks. Thanks, Anthony

CyberMuscle

CyberMuscle

Awards
Look for a product called Focus Formula. I have used it before and liked it. You could also look into some of the nootropics such as piracetam.

CyberMuscle

CyberMuscle

Awards
I just finished studying, then testing for the first part of my A+ certification last week. I had my free sample of Spike (biotest). The stuff works pretty good. It really helped me concentrate. By the way, I passsed the hardware portion of A+, now I just need to study and pass the O.S. portion. :thumbsup:
Good luck on the OS part. The Core Hardware side is a piece of cake compared to the OS part.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
AMP
EC + Sulbutiamine
ALCAR + Caffeine + Priacetam

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Alcar helps, but I think sulbutiamine is great for focus, especially if it's something tedious or boring. I also liked my biotest spike sample, definitely more/different than caff. and sulbutiamine, although you may want to steer clear - plenty of people had a bad experience with spike.

Shock133

Awards
If you want to go the prescription route there's a great drug called Provigil. Someone mentioned it above but not in brand name. It's not a stimulant and actually deals with your "sleep/wake" cycle. Very good drug with virtually no side effects.

keninishna

Awards
I just ordered some adrafinil which is cheaper version of modafinil and I dont think its controlled in the US.
I found this site out like a week ago www.nootropics.com has a lot of interesting info.

tintinet

Awards
If you want to go the prescription route there's a great drug called Provigil. Someone mentioned it above but not in brand name. It's not a stimulant and actually deals with your "sleep/wake" cycle. Very good drug with virtually no side effects.
Yah, great stuff, but way pricey $$$$!

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
Try Ginko Biloba; it's been clinically proven to increase focus and mental clarity over an administration peroid of 3 months. This is achieved through increasing peripheral circulation in the brain.

Silent_Impact

Awards
Piracetam, ALCAR, Power Drive, NeuroStim, DMAE all worked for me.