ATD instead of HCG?

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I just posted this in ALRI's section, which apparently is not possible:

1. How much ATD is suggested to replace HCG in a long AAS cycle?
2. How much ATD is in a cap of ULTRA HOT/ULTRA HOTTER (or a 3 cap serving)?
3. Should one use ATD for the entire cycle, or only part(s) thereof?
4. Can ATD cause too much estrogen suppression, thereby inhibiting gains?
5. Is therer anything HCG can do that ATD can't?

others with questions, please chime in. Hope to hear from the ALRI team, DS, and anyone else in the know!

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
bump for info. Someone knows this stuff....

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
bumped up, bear in mind that the only person who compared HCG to ATD (vice-versa) was ALRI...

hopefully we can get all opinions though

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can only speculate based off of my expericnce with ATD used in this manner. I recently ran a cycle of SD/ATD that went something along the lines of this:

week 1 30mgs SD 100mgs ATD
week 2 30mgs SD 75mgs ATD
week 3 30mgs SD 50mgs ATD
week 4 30mgs SD 25mgs ATD

week 5 40mgs Nolva 25mgs ATD
week 6 30mgs Nolva 50mgs ATD
week 7 20mgs Nolva 75mgs ATD
week 8 10mgs Nolva 100mgs ATD

I understand that this is not a long ester AAS cycle, but I did have the BEST pct I have ever had, and retained all of my gains along with gaining strength during pct. Next up I will add ActivaTe to the mix.

To add I did use fenugreek, but I always do.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
ALR hinted at this in "The Core"....I'm definitely interested in what he has to say as well.

The theory make sense. Use a good HPTA stimulator to keep things going as opposed to just forcing testicular stimulation with the hCG.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I can only speculate based off of my expericnce with ATD used in this manner. I recently ran a cycle of SD/ATD that went something along the lines of this:

week 1 30mgs SD 100mgs ATD
week 2 30mgs SD 75mgs ATD
week 3 30mgs SD 50mgs ATD
week 4 30mgs SD 25mgs ATD

week 5 40mgs Nolva 25mgs ATD
week 6 30mgs Nolva 50mgs ATD
week 7 20mgs Nolva 75mgs ATD
week 8 10mgs Nolva 100mgs ATD

I understand that this is not a long ester AAS cycle, but I did have the BEST pct I have ever had, and retained all of my gains along with gaining strength during pct. Next up I will add ActivaTe to the mix.

To add I did use fenugreek, but I always do.
if this is the case, HCG is definately more cost effective.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't combine ATD with dry AAS for long periods... Your estrogen will be completely nill

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
if this is the case, HCG is definately more cost effective.
My thoughts....exactly :)

I bet we see bulk ATD some time in the near future, though....I'm sure its coming.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
I just posted this in ALRI's section, which apparently is not possible:

1. How much ATD is suggested to replace HCG in a long AAS cycle?
Currently running a six week cycle of tren/test prop/(prostan first three weeks) - (sd second three weeks). Have been supplementing with 50 mg’s ATD throughout cycle. Did this simply out of curiosity….I wanted to test Author’s idea of ATD being a site specific AR agonist. My observations so far (nearly five weeks into cycle are) are that I have experienced virtually no shutdown, loss of libido or noticeable loss of testicular size. Yes, these are not quantitative results as I have not had bloodwork.

2. How much ATD is in a cap of ULTRA HOT/ULTRA HOTTER (or a 3 cap serving)?
No idea. I would guess that three caps of the original formula have somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 mg’s ATD.

3. Should one use ATD for the entire cycle, or only part(s) thereof?
If ATD is truly a site specific AR agonist, you need to run throughout. Otherwise, if some degree of shutdown has occurred, you are not going to create a strong enough negative feedback loop within the HPTA to restart endogenous testosterone production in the presence of exogenous hormones.

If however ATD is somehow directly stimulating the leydig cells (like HCG), then supplementing at the tail end of a cycle would be beneficial. I have heard several members argue of late that this is the more likely mechanism of action for ATD.

Either way, the conservative route would be to run throughout the cycle. Worst case (if either of the above theories prove to be bunk) you keep estrogen in check during the cycle. Simply, we need to see more bloodwork to know.

4. Can ATD cause too much estrogen suppression, thereby inhibiting gains?
Absolutely. ATD has a relatively high binding affinity (ki) and will severely depress estrogen at high enough dosages. Until we have seen the results of more bloodwork, I would not exceed 100 mg’s day during a cycle.

5. Is therer anything HCG can do that ATD can't?
Again, until we are sure as to what the exact mechanism of action is with regards to ATD and minimizing suppression, it’s impossible to speculate.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Currently running a six week cycle of tren/test prop/(prostan first three weeks) - (sd second three weeks). Have been supplementing with 50 mg’s ATD throughout cycle. Did this simply out of curiosity….I wanted to test Author’s idea of ATD being a site specific AR agonist. My observations so far (nearly five weeks into cycle are) are that I have experienced virtually no shutdown, loss of libido or noticeable loss of testicular size. Yes, these are not quantitative results as I have not had bloodwork.
I wondered about ATD instead of HCG myself.

To compare results, I am on the same supper supplement cycle with no ATD and no HCG, clomid etc. I am 8 weeks in and no loss of libido, infact I am REALLY nailing anything that doesn't move too fast lol. No appreciable loss in testicular size either.

More input by other people would be good.

CROWLER

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am on cycle right now and I was on Ultra Hot for the first half of the cycle and I then switched to Arimidex because I ran out of the UH. At the time I didn't think it was doing anything but I have noticed an extreme amount of shrinkage of the boys since switching to Arimidex.

I wondered about ATD instead of HCG myself.

To compare results, I am on the same supper supplement cycle with no ATD and no HCG, clomid etc. I am 8 weeks in and no loss of libido, infact I am REALLY nailing anything that doesn't move too fast lol. No appreciable loss in testicular size either.

More input by other people would be good.

CROWLER

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
To compare results, I am on the same supper supplement cycle with no ATD and no HCG, clomid etc.
Am I reading this correctly. No HCG and NO ATD, yet still no shutdown? Intersting. Maybe you have an endocrine system made of steel ;) I just know from past experience that ordinarily, at the dosages I am taking, I would be shut down after about the third week.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
I will NOT say I don't have shut down as I have heard testical size is not an indicator of shut down or not.

I do know the libido is through the roof of course because the test and testicals are still basically the same size. When you say shut down in the past how do you mean shut down.

CROWLER

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
thanks for that info, bow. That's more than I've been able to find almost anywhere. I've PM'd tge ALRI team, but either they don't know or they aren't telling. Actually, aflex told me that 6 caps (daily) of UH, and 3 caps of UHotter would be a sufficient dose to compare to standard HCG dosing. I guess that suggests that hotter either has more ATD, or more likely I guess that the methylation increases efficacy to that degree. I still don't know how much ATD is in the stuff, and I really would like to. Someone get a hold of the A man and tell him that Enquiring AnabolicMinds wanna know!

And I'll get that other info to you as soon as I can dig it up, bow. (I didn't forget! ;) )

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am pretty sure that it is the methylation that reduces the dosage requirement with the same effectiveness as the 6 caps. I also know the boys were hanging really well when I was on UH before my cycle.

thanks for that info, bow. That's more than I've been able to find almost anywhere. I've PM'd tge ALRI team, but either they don't know or they aren't telling. Actually, aflex told me that 6 caps (daily) of UH, and 3 caps of UHotter would be a sufficient dose to compare to standard HCG dosing. I guess that suggests that hotter either has more ATD, or more likely I guess that the methylation increases efficacy to that degree. I still don't know how much ATD is in the stuff, and I really would like to. Someone get a hold of the A man and tell him that Enquiring AnabolicMinds wanna know!

And I'll get that other info to you as soon as I can dig it up, bow. (I didn't forget! ;) )

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
I read ALR said 3 caps of UH allowed some of his test subjects to take 250 mg of testosterone enanthate a week and retain healthy testicular function. This probably doesn't sound that impressive since 250 mg of test is a drop in the bucket compared to what some people are taking.

PA on bodybuilding.com forums also said UH had approx 17 mg of ATD per a cap but others have speculated it could be as low as 13 mg.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Thats low....

But,t hat does mean ~50mg/day would probalby be okay. may be worth a shot!

Neu

Awards
I am 1 week in a e-max(20mg ed) Prostan(100mg ed) ATD(100mg ed) cycle and so far so good I know its early on but My boys are full and I feel really good I know that dosn`t mean a thing without bloodwork so I`ll have to wait and see how things go just for reference I ran Max-lmg (solo) a few months ago and max shut me down hard in the first week

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Speaking of the boys being full I have seen guys say after just a couple weeks of Superdrol or M1T that their testies have gotten smaller. Is that normal?

It just seems as if they REALLY shut a person down.

Another question is there ANY way to tell if your HPTA is shut down except with a blood test?

And I am guessing that you would really need a before and during/after test to really see correct?

CROWLER

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
I will NOT say I don't have shut down as I have heard testical size is not an indicator of shut down or not.

I do know the libido is through the roof of course because the test and testicals are still basically the same size. When you say shut down in the past how do you mean shut down.

CROWLER

Testicular size nor libido can be directly correlated (correlcation coefficient = 1) to hpta shutdown. However, they are the two best subjective measures we have excluding bloodwork. Tren is famous for shutting down users within about four weeks, even when administered with the proper amount of test (at dosages >= 75 mg's/eod). While I agree libido and testicular size is far from a perfect indicator, it is still unusual to experience virtually zero testicular attrophy or loss of libido after four weeks.

What confuses me even more with regards to ATD and tren is that ATD, if it is actually a site specific ar agonist, should still eventually shut you down. While ATD may prevent overstimulation of the er receptors at the pitutary and the ar receptors at the hypothalamous, tren is still going to overstimulate the progesterone receptors. What this leads me to believe is the ARL may have missed his interpretation of the results (the study when ATD was administered to four methyl-test users for eight weeks). Perhaps ATD is not at all a site specific ar agonsit, but as suggested above, perhaps it is somehow directly stimulating the leydig cells.

Moral is, we need more bloodwork.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
I never heard of guys on 75mg EOD with say 600mg test a week got shut down. NOT saying it doesn't happen as I never really researched for it.

I actually started a thread about how the libido is OUT OF CONTROL. I like the cattle pellet route myself that is the reason no HCG>

CROWLER

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
S...

Some input from the big dogs would be nice...

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SS are you listening? We need you bro.

I would test this theory myself, but I am unable at to do so at the moment.

Neu

Awards
I will try to get bloodwork done 3 to 4 weeks into this cycle and post the results on here for you guys I have a bloodwork from about 6 months ago also that I`ll post as well

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I will try to get bloodwork done 3 to 4 weeks into this cycle and post the results on here for you guys I have a bloodwork from about 6 months ago also that I`ll post as well
That would be nice bro. I know ALR said he would put UH against HCG anyday so I have been pretty curious myself.

jazzyd

Awards
Transdermal HCG

That would be nice bro. I know ALR said he would put UH against HCG anyday so I have been pretty curious myself.
Anyone heard of this or tried it. It's from Bodybuilding.com

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
SS are you listening? We need you bro.

I would test this theory myself, but I am unable at to do so at the moment.

Ryan, question, your lipids and cardio profile actually improved while using Rxt (ATD product) for PCT... am i right?

how did this happen if ATD destroys estrogen?

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
UH sounds really promising for heavy runs. Can't wait to see what the bloodwork reveals.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Ryan, question, your lipids and cardio profile actually improved while using Rxt (ATD product) for PCT... am i right?

didn't he use nolva too?

mass_builder

Awards
  • Established
im using ATD while on cycle....gaspri kilo sport one cap per day only..........i dont think it can replace HCG, my boys are shrinking, and im thinking to use real HCG to get them back.

HCG raises testular size by influncing LH levels, ATD is just an anti-estrogen i dont how you guys got the Idea that ATD can replace HCG!!!

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
im using ATD while on cycle....gaspri kilo sport one cap per day only..........i dont think it can replace HCG, my boys are shrinking, and im thinking to use real HCG to get them back.

HCG raises testular size by influncing LH levels, ATD is just an anti-estrogen i dont how you guys got the Idea that ATD can replace HCG!!!
this is why we're all hanging around waiting for ALR (or anyone else) to explain (further) the possibility. "The Core" has some info, but clearly there are the unanswered questions.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established

Why do you need HCG? Simply, because the ar at a hypothalamic level is being overstimulated (and most likely the er a the pituitary) when and androgen levels are high. The hypothalamous produces less GnRH. The pituitary reacts to a reduced level of GnRH pulses and produces less LH and FSH (this negative feedback loop is even more pronounced at the pituitary when estrogen levels are high). So, we administer HCG to stimulate the testicles in the absence of LH.

What if you could blunt the negative feedback loop where it begins? Specifically, that would be at the hypothalamous. Then would you need HCG? Nope. If the rate of LH production does not decline at the pituitary, you don't need HCG. In this case, we are going to block the androgen receptor centrally by specifically binding to that receptor at a higher rate.

Is it possible? It has been shown to be true in mice.

Effects of ATD on male sexual behavior and androgen receptor binding: a reexamination of the aromatization hypothesis.

Kaplan ME, McGinnis MY.

Department of Anatomy, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, CUNY, New York 10029.

The aromatization hypothesis asserts that testosterone (T) must be aromatized to estradiol (E2) to activate copulatory behavior in the male rat. In support of this hypothesis, the aromatization inhibitor, ATD, has been found to suppress male sexual behavior in T-treated rats. In our experiment, we first replicated this finding by peripherally injecting ATD (15 mg/day) or propylene glycol into T-treated (two 10-mm Silastic capsules) or control castrated male rats. In a second experiment, we bilaterally implanted either ATD-filled or blank cannulae into the medial preoptic area (MPOA) of either T-treated or control castrated male rats. With this more local distribution of ATD, a lesser decline in sexual behavior was found, suggesting that other brain areas are involved in the neurohormonal activation of copulatory behavior in the male rat. To determine whether in vivo ATD interacts with androgen or estrogen receptors, we conducted cell nuclear androgen and estrogen receptor binding assays of hypothalamus, preoptic area, amygdala, and septum following treatment with the combinations of systemic T alone. ATD plus T, ATD alone, and blank control. In all four brain areas binding of T to androgen receptors was significantly decreased in the presence of ATD, suggesting that ATD may act both as an androgen receptor blocker and as an aromatization inhibitor. Competitive binding studies indicated that ATD competes in vitro for cytosol androgen receptors, thus substantiating the in vivo antiandrogenic effects of ATD. Cell nuclear estrogen receptor binding was not significantly increased by exposure to T in the physiological range. No agonistic properties of ATD were observed either behaviorally or biochemically. Thus, an alternative explanation for the inhibitory effects of ATD on male sexual behavior is that ATD prevents T from binding to androgen receptors.

PMID: 2925181 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

mass_builder

Awards
  • Established
Why do you need HCG? Simply, because the ar at a hypothalamic level is being overstimulated (and most likely the er a the pituitary) when and androgen levels are high. The hypothalamous produces less GnRH. The pituitary reacts to a reduced level of GnRH pulses and produces less LH and FSH (this negative feedback loop is even more pronounced at the pituitary when estrogen levels are high). So, we administer HCG to stimulate the testicles in the absence of LH.

What if you could blunt the negative feedback loop where it begins? Specifically, that would be at the hypothalamous. Then would you need HCG? Nope. If the rate of LH production does not decline at the pituitary, you don't need HCG. In this case, we are going to block the androgen receptor centrally by specifically binding to that receptor at a higher rate.

Effects of ATD on male sexual behavior and androgen receptor binding: a reexamination of the aromatization hypothesis.

Kaplan ME, McGinnis MY.

The aromatization hypothesis asserts that testosterone (T) must be aromatized to estradiol (E2) to activate copulatory behavior in the male rat. In support of this hypothesis, the aromatization inhibitor, ATD, has been found to suppress male sexual behavior in T-treated rats. In our experiment, we first replicated this finding by peripherally injecting ATD (15 mg/day) or propylene glycol into T-treated (two 10-mm Silastic capsules) or control castrated male rats. In a second experiment, we bilaterally implanted either ATD-filled or blank cannulae into the medial preoptic area (MPOA) of either T-treated or control castrated male rats. With this more local distribution of ATD, a lesser decline in sexual behavior was found, suggesting that other brain areas are involved in the neurohormonal activation of copulatory behavior in the male rat. To determine whether in vivo ATD interacts with androgen or estrogen receptors, we conducted cell nuclear androgen and estrogen receptor binding assays of hypothalamus, preoptic area, amygdala, and septum following treatment with the combinations of systemic T alone. ATD plus T, ATD alone, and blank control. In all four brain areas binding of T to androgen receptors was significantly decreased in the presence of ATD, suggesting that ATD may act both as an androgen receptor blocker and as an aromatization inhibitor. Competitive binding studies indicated that ATD competes in vitro for cytosol androgen receptors, thus substantiating the in vivo antiandrogenic effects of ATD. Cell nuclear estrogen receptor binding was not significantly increased by exposure to T in the physiological range. No agonistic properties of ATD were observed either behaviorally or biochemically. Thus, an alternative explanation for the inhibitory effects of ATD on male sexual behavior is that ATD prevents T from binding to androgen receptors.

wow bro...........ATD could be an androgen recptor bloacker!, that would reduce the efficincy of my AAS, since less androgen can bind to the receptors.

it looks like ATD downregulate androgen receptors. hum i think i should switch to nolva to reduce estrogen during cycle.

that make me think that more research need to be done before people start using this stuff for PCT.

so i gusse ATD+AAS is not a good combo.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
So if i'm understanding this correctly, you need to use UH from the start of a cycle. Right?

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
wow bro...........ATD could be an androgen recptor bloacker, that would reduce the efficincy of my AAS.

hum i think i should switch to nolva to reduce estrogen during cycle.

so i gusse ATD+AAS is not a good combo.

Not if ALR's contention is correct, which is that it binds at a much lower rate peripherally. Which begs the question, can an AI show a higher binding rate for certain tissues? Let me give you a hint, you mentioned Tamoxifen....

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established

Kaplan ME, McGinnis MY.

can you translate this into beelzelanguage?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

ATD is a steroidal AI, similar to the effects 6-oxo or Exemestane have on lipids, which is actually to improve them. I am not versed on this myself, actually skeptical truthfully until I saw the blood test results. I can dig up the studies, but there are some of Exemestane and others that show improvement in lipid profiles.

No I did not use Nolva.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
can you translate this into beelzelanguage?
Bow has a better hold on this than I, but in theory ATD would negate both negative feedback loops allowing recovery of the HPTA.

Of course cortisol is still an issue.

By the way check the new smilies.:woohoo:

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Bow has a better hold on this than I, but in theory ATD would negate both negative feedback loops allowing recovery of the HPTA.

:whiner: Gee I wonder what brought this one on.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
ATD is a steroidal AI, similar to the effects 6-oxo or Exemestane have on lipids, which is actually to improve them. I am not versed on this myself, actually skeptical truthfully until I saw the blood test results. I can dig up the studies, but there are some of Exemestane and others that show improvement in lipid profiles.

No I did not use Nolva.
Thanks Ryan, I didn't think you used Nolva.
Neat Smilies
:burger: this is a burger

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established

(im exagerrating here)
so why then, could I not run an ATD based product from now until the rest of my life? (or extended periods)
I thought lack of estrogen is havoc on the cardio profile...

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
:bow28: :duel: :FUfinger: :dance: :head:
Thse smilies are fun!

Now the question...So would it be a bad idea to run an ATD with tren? I am giving tren a serious thought for january bulker to try and keep my boys swimming strong. I am just trying to figure out if using an ATD will make tren/test lest effective by binding to angrogen recepters. I'm guessing everyone else is in the dark as I am at the moment, at least by the looks of the thread it seems so. :whiner:

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Now the question...So would it be a bad idea to run an ATD with tren? I am giving tren a serious thought for january bulker to try and keep my boys swimming strong. I am just trying to figure out if using an ATD will make tren/test lest effective by binding to angrogen recepters. I'm guessing everyone else is in the dark as I am at the moment, at least by the looks of the thread it seems so.
As Bow hinted at earlier by referencing tamoxifen, ATD is thought to bind at much higher rate at the Hypothalmus than in the rest of the body. So no it wont make your cycle less effective (or if so very marginally) but 'should' help reduce suppression through reducing overstimulation of the AR at the hypothalmus.
Trens stimulation of the progesterone receptor may still prove problematic, but thats not something i know enough about to comment on.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
As Bow hinted at earlier by referencing tamoxifen, ATD is thought to bind at much higher rate at the Hypothalmus than in the rest of the body. So no it wont make your cycle less effective (or if so very marginally) but 'should' help reduce suppression through reducing overstimulation of the AR at the hypothalmus.
Trens stimulation of the progesterone receptor may still prove problematic, but thats not something i know enough about to comment on.
The reason for the ATD was for me to not be supressed as much during my 6 week cycle of it. Progesterone I would deal with in another way.