Mending Broken Bones: Anything Out There?

Paracelsus

Awards
Friday evening (29 July) I was involved in a high-speed bicycle crash. After having X-rays taken of right leg, arm, pelvis, and skull, I luck out with only a broken wrist. Of course, skin is torn to shreds with additional soft tissue (tendon/ligament) damage. I am looking into MSM, glucosamine, and chondroitin for the soft tissues.

Besides calcium and Vitamin D, is there anything to aid in the repair of bone tissues? Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thank You,

Paracelsus

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
IGF-1 is about all I can think of, but I would think this would help you recover much faster. Lets see what others have to say on this.

FOCUS

Board Supporter
Awards
Broken bones

Check out the info on Cissus in the synergy muscle forum

Paracelsus

Awards
"It was prescribed in the ancient Ayurvedic texts as a general tonic and analgesic, with specific bone fracture healing properties. Modern research has shed light on Cissus' ability to speed bone healing by showing it acts as a glucocorticoid antagonist (1,2). "

Great! Thanks guys!

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
"It was prescribed in the ancient Ayurvedic texts as a general tonic and analgesic, with specific bone fracture healing properties. Modern research has shed light on Cissus' ability to speed bone healing by showing it acts as a glucocorticoid antagonist (1,2). "

Great! Thanks guys!

I still believe igf-1 will have a much greater effect that cissus. It has much more to it for helping to regenerate, it'll help with the tissue and muscle which has been destroyed/torn in the accident.

I still believe igf-1 will have a much greater effect that cissus. It has much more to it for helping to regenerate, it'll help with the tissue and muscle which has been destroyed/torn in the accident.
Why not use both?