Mending Broken Bones: Anything Out There?

  1. Registered User
    Paracelsus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    28
    Answers
    0

    Mending Broken Bones: Anything Out There?


    Friday evening (29 July) I was involved in a high-speed bicycle crash. After having X-rays taken of right leg, arm, pelvis, and skull, I luck out with only a broken wrist. Of course, skin is torn to shreds with additional soft tissue (tendon/ligament) damage. I am looking into MSM, glucosamine, and chondroitin for the soft tissues.



    Besides calcium and Vitamin D, is there anything to aid in the repair of bone tissues? Any and all suggestions are welcome.



    Thank You,



    Paracelsus

  2. Board Supporter
    snakebyte05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,538
    Answers
    0


    IGF-1 is about all I can think of, but I would think this would help you recover much faster. Lets see what others have to say on this.
  3. Board Supporter
    FOCUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    59
    Answers
    0

    Broken bones


    Check out the info on Cissus in the synergy muscle forum
    •   
       

  4. Board Supporter
    Kristopher's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  264 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    843
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by FOCUS
    Check out the info on Cissus in the synergy muscle forum
    bump for cissus
  5. Registered User
    Paracelsus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    28
    Answers
    0


    "It was prescribed in the ancient Ayurvedic texts as a general tonic and analgesic, with specific bone fracture healing properties. Modern research has shed light on Cissus' ability to speed bone healing by showing it acts as a glucocorticoid antagonist (1,2). "

    Great! Thanks guys!
  6. Banned
    ss01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    503
    Answers
    0


    IGF-1, can't go wrong with it.
  7. Board Supporter
    snakebyte05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,538
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Paracelsus
    "It was prescribed in the ancient Ayurvedic texts as a general tonic and analgesic, with specific bone fracture healing properties. Modern research has shed light on Cissus' ability to speed bone healing by showing it acts as a glucocorticoid antagonist (1,2). "

    Great! Thanks guys!

    I still believe igf-1 will have a much greater effect that cissus. It has much more to it for helping to regenerate, it'll help with the tissue and muscle which has been destroyed/torn in the accident.
  8. Guest
    Guest
    Guest's Avatar


    Quote Originally Posted by snakebyte05
    I still believe igf-1 will have a much greater effect that cissus. It has much more to it for helping to regenerate, it'll help with the tissue and muscle which has been destroyed/torn in the accident.
    Why not use both?
  9. Board Supporter
    snakebyte05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,538
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs
    Why not use both?
    This I would agree would be the best idea.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Anything out there to preserve height?
    By Whacked in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 07:24 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 02:28 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 07:45 PM
  4. What is the best NO ( Nitric Oxide Booster) out there???
    By WonderBread in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 12:37 PM
  5. For all of you SMOKERS out there ......
    By Dr of Golf in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2003, 07:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in