Mending Broken Bones: Anything Out There?

1. Mending Broken Bones: Anything Out There?

Friday evening (29 July) I was involved in a high-speed bicycle crash. After having X-rays taken of right leg, arm, pelvis, and skull, I luck out with only a broken wrist. Of course, skin is torn to shreds with additional soft tissue (tendon/ligament) damage. I am looking into MSM, glucosamine, and chondroitin for the soft tissues.

Besides calcium and Vitamin D, is there anything to aid in the repair of bone tissues? Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thank You,

Paracelsus

2. IGF-1 is about all I can think of, but I would think this would help you recover much faster. Lets see what others have to say on this.
  3. Broken bones

Check out the info on Cissus in the synergy muscle forum
    •   

4. Quote Originally Posted by FOCUS
    Check out the info on Cissus in the synergy muscle forum
    bump for cissus

5. "It was prescribed in the ancient Ayurvedic texts as a general tonic and analgesic, with specific bone fracture healing properties. Modern research has shed light on Cissus' ability to speed bone healing by showing it acts as a glucocorticoid antagonist (1,2). "

Great! Thanks guys!

6. IGF-1, can't go wrong with it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Paracelsus
    "It was prescribed in the ancient Ayurvedic texts as a general tonic and analgesic, with specific bone fracture healing properties. Modern research has shed light on Cissus' ability to speed bone healing by showing it acts as a glucocorticoid antagonist (1,2). "

Great! Thanks guys!

I still believe igf-1 will have a much greater effect that cissus. It has much more to it for helping to regenerate, it'll help with the tissue and muscle which has been destroyed/torn in the accident.
  8. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by snakebyte05
    I still believe igf-1 will have a much greater effect that cissus. It has much more to it for helping to regenerate, it'll help with the tissue and muscle which has been destroyed/torn in the accident.
    Why not use both?

9. Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs
    Why not use both?
    This I would agree would be the best idea.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anything out there to preserve height?
    By Whacked in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 08:24 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 03:28 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 08:45 PM
  4. What is the best NO ( Nitric Oxide Booster) out there???
    By WonderBread in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 01:37 PM
  5. For all of you SMOKERS out there ......
    By Dr of Golf in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2003, 08:02 PM