T3 dosage

SigEp05

Awards
I want to run a Clen/T3 combo towards the end of my ergomax cycle. I can't seem to find any effective dosages for only 3 weeks though. Everything I've found points to 6 or 8 weeks. Can T3 still be effective if only run for 3 weeks?

I was thinking of running 140-180mcgs of Clen (thats the range that clen is somewhat effective for me). What would be an effective 3 week dosing of T3 to go with that? Will probably run ECY during Ergo PCT to keep any rebound of fat.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I'd run the clen/t3 combo during the end of the cycle (2-3 weeks), then keep the clen only rolling through PCT. Not sure about the t3 dosing, though.

SigEp05

Awards
clen through PCT? I was considering it, but how high will I have to keep my calories then to keep all my gains? I know Clen has been touted as Anti-Catabolic, but no one has really proved this to me. Don't you have to be in a caloric defecit anyway for clen to be effective?

Anyway, would it be a problem running a Clen/T3 combo for the last 3 weeks of my cycle, Run ECY for 3 weeks of PCT and then Finish off PCT with another Clen/T3 run?

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I used clen thru PCT to keep cals high but not get fat. Works great for me. T3 I would not use in PCT because of its catabolic effects. No caloric deficit necessarry with clen IMO, but eat clean for sure.

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
I too have had good luck with implementing clen into PCT. I just keep the cals high. I also have stacked that with low dose T3 for PCT (and on other occasions for higher doses for fat loss). For maintaining gains post cycle....... I use 25-50mcg's, and have even bumped it to 75 just to see what happens. but 25-50 seems to work. T3 is only really catabolic if it puts you into a severe caloric deficit, its actually anabolic under certain conditions. T3 doesnt just increase caloric expenditure, it also positively effects nutrient partitioning wich increases the efficiency of macro-nutrient utilization (protien/glycogen uptake). For PCT Ive tried, 2days on 2days off with pretty good luck starting at about 25mcgs, and bumping it to 50 after a week or so. For fatloss, Ive tried to track down that info on this site myself with the search function but yielded nothing of usefullnes. Ive never gone higher than 200mgs daily, and usually built up in increments of 25 to see how I react, for this type of phase, I'll either do the 2 on 2 off with either clen or ECA as my backdrop, or I'll take it a couple weeks straight and take a week or 2 off. But I have been limited to trial and error, for this, and do not endorse my dosing regimen. BTW, the 200 seemed to be more catabolic than 150 a day, with out a significant increase in benefit, but that is just my subjective observation, and may be different for a different person, or a higher caloric intake.

SigEp05

Awards
does 75mcgs of T3 and 160Clen for 3 weeks on Cylce sound like overkill? I barely feel Clen at 180mcgs btw.

ryuage

Awards
you dont have to feel something for it to be working

SigEp05

Awards
ive heard recommendations to keep ramping up clen until the sides cannot be tolerated.

This is what I meant.

SigEp05

Awards
Guys, quick question. Would it be a good idea to run T3 the final 3 weeks of my cylce and then during PCT run Clen for the first two weeks to keep any rebound at a minimum...Would running Clen have any effect on my Thyroid bouncing back? I would think being able to consume extra calories would actually be beneficial.

Shock133

Awards
ive heard recommendations to keep ramping up clen until the sides cannot be tolerated.

This is what I meant.
T3 cycles should be no more than 6 weeks usually and the Clen will lose it's effectiveness after about 2 weeks due to beta 2 adrenoceptor downregulation I believe. I would use the Clen in a 2 day on/ 2 day off regimen and possibly using an ECA stack on your off days. T3 can definitely be effective at 3 weeks. The starting dosage is usually 25mcg bumping it up 25mcg at a time every 3 days or so and then downramping to the end of your cycle. Do it in a pyramid fashion.

The Clen should stay around 140mcg to 160ish and no more I would say. Do you actually think running Clen at dosages of 180mcg or above sounds all that smart? It's all relative obviously but people are referring to dosages that are "within reason" when they speak of ramping up until you cannot tolerate the sides. Like the man said up there, and I paraphrase, 'You don't have to feel Clen for it to be working'. Some people get more jittery on it so they feel it at a lower dosage. Just do yourself and your heart a huge favor and keep it lower than what you've mentioned.

Read a little more on both of them before you get into it any further. There are plenty more references than the search function here. Have at it.

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
BTW, It seemed that for me even the 2 day on, 2 off clen protocol failed to significantly postpone beta 2 down regulation, and still reduced effectiveness after 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. T3 actually has been known to upregulate beta 2 adrenoreceptors, as has ketotifen fumarate. But still 2 to 3 weeks seems to be the longest clen can remain effective even with the 2 day on 2 off combined with the T3 and ketotifen backdrop. Wich is why I've decided that I prefer to use the clen DAILY for the full two weeks and then go completely off it for at least another full 2 weeks to re-establish effectiveness, then go for another 2 weeks the clen. During the 2 OFF weeks, I like to use an ECA and either the ketotifen, or the T3 or both to re-upregulate (is that even a word?) the beta 2 receptors. Ive yet to decide if I like the daily T3 schedule or the 2 day on 2 day off one, (might depend on whether using for cutting or as part of PCT)but as shock133 said, 6 weeks is about as long as anyone should go with continuous T3 use. Personally Ive never gone more than 3 weeks without a break, but as I mentioned before, Im still discovering what methods work best for me.

SigEp05

Awards
what do your T3 dosages for the 3 weeks look like?

Shock133

Awards
what do your T3 dosages for the 3 weeks look like?
Why don't you go with something like this if you're constrained to a 3 week T3 cycle. Obviously it would be more beneficial to do a more lengthy cycle (up to 6 weeks) so you can stay at 100mcg (max dose) for longer. It also depends on how much fat you're trying to rid yourself of. I don't know your stats or your goals so I can only provide you with this general guidance.

Day 1-3 25mcg
Day 4-6 50mcg
Day 7-9 75mcg
Day 10-12 100mcg
Day 13-15 75mcg
Day 16-18 50mcg
Day 19-21 25mcg

SigEp05

Awards
I am currently 5'11 210lbs at about 17% BF.

I am planning on running a 5week Ergomax cycle with the first 2 weeks being a mini-bulk, and then transitioning into a 3-week mini-cut going into PCT. During my small bulk, I hope to reach 225-230lbs, and then cut back down to 215ish.

Is there a reason to ramp up? I've heard numerous suggestions its not needed, only ramping down was necessary. Also, how does running high dose T3 the final 3 weeks while on-cycle and then throwing in Clen for 2 weeks of PCT. Thats a total of 3weeks T3 and 2 weeks Clen...I wanted to run both at the same time for that extra kick, but I can't figure out a good way to incorporate both of them...I figure the Clen immediately after the T3 would minimize any fat rebound and allow me to keep calories high during PCT.

My maintenance calories are around 2400 (Currently at 3500 for the bulk)...does 2100 sound reasonable while on T3?...I would bump them back up to 2500 during PCT.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
BTW, It seemed that for me even the 2 day on, 2 off clen protocol failed to significantly postpone beta 2 down regulation, and still reduced effectiveness after 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. T3 actually has been known to upregulate beta 2 adrenoreceptors, as has ketotifen fumarate. But still 2 to 3 weeks seems to be the longest clen can remain effective even with the 2 day on 2 off combined with the T3 and ketotifen backdrop. Wich is why I've decided that I prefer to use the clen DAILY for the full two weeks and then go completely off it for at least another full 2 weeks to re-establish effectiveness, then go for another 2 weeks the clen. During the 2 OFF weeks, I like to use an ECA and either the ketotifen, or the T3 or both to re-upregulate (is that even a word?) the beta 2 receptors. Ive yet to decide if I like the daily T3 schedule or the 2 day on 2 day off one, (might depend on whether using for cutting or as part of PCT)but as shock133 said, 6 weeks is about as long as anyone should go with continuous T3 use. Personally Ive never gone more than 3 weeks without a break, but as I mentioned before, Im still discovering what methods work best for me.
Ppl over CEM used clen for 6 weeks (pyramided) with keto. And preferred longer cycles over the 2on/2off protocol.
I havent tried this so i cant talk for personal experience. BTW I'm just finishing a 3weeks of Albuterol but i cant compare to Clen since i never did it.

Switching from clen to ECA is always a good idea, and is also to run either of the two during PCT to keep the fat rebound off.

Shock133

Awards
http://www.basskilleronline.com/T_3_Raver.html

found this article, seems interesting, but he recommends over 250mcgs of T3 for a 250lbs person...that kinda seems like a lot compared to the 50mcgs i see others are running? Am I missing something?
I like the idea of you running the T3 dosing scheme I've laid out with an ECA stack for the last three weeks of your cycle and then the Clen for 2 weeks during PCT. I believe this would net you the safest and most significant gains without going backwards and losing your hard earned gains.

As far as gaining 15 to 20lbs. in the first 2 weeks of your cycle (mini bulk), I don't think that's a realistic goal. If you're at a bf% of 17 already you will put on a significant amount of additional fat if you're only concern is obtaining that weight goal in such a short amount of time.

Let's look at this realistically instead of trying to obtain outrageous goals in an unrealistic time period. I would suggest spreading these goals out over a couple of cycles to increase the safety and health factors.

Ok, onto the next thing. 250mcg of T3 is insane!!!! Please do a little more research and tell me how many people you find that suggest a more conservative/effective dosing schedule like mine and compare it to the number of idiots suggesting 250mcg of T3. Why don't you just try something that the board members have laid out in this thread and see how you react? You will not be disappointed and you will have a healthy body in the future to continue towards your goals.

But, do what you wish.

SigEp05

Awards
very well said Shock.

I was never planning on running T3 at 250mcgs, but I was curious as to why he'd recommend that. Anyways, I am looking to run a very similar pyramid scheme, just a little on the higher dosage end.

-Day 1-2: T3 50mcgs
-Day 3-4: T3 75mcgs
-Day 5-14: T3 100mcgs
-Day 15-17: T3 75mcgs
-Day 18-19: T3 50mcgs
-Day 20-23: T3 25mcgs

Final Questions:
1) Now, I have heard it is important to do some form of HIT in the morning while recovering from T3...is this also true while running T3? Or will my usual low-intensity cardio Post-workout suffice?

2) Also, my maintenance calories are about 2500...how much lower would I have to drop that in order to see substantial weight losses?

3) I know you must raises Carb intake (and overall cals) when recovering from T3, but i wasn't sure how much exactly. And if I will be running Clen PCT, should I compensate for that too?

Shock133

Awards
very well said Shock.

I was never planning on running T3 at 250mcgs, but I was curious as to why he'd recommend that. Anyways, I am looking to run a very similar pyramid scheme, just a little on the higher dosage end.

-Day 1-2: T3 50mcgs
-Day 3-4: T3 75mcgs
-Day 5-14: T3 100mcgs
-Day 15-17: T3 75mcgs
-Day 18-19: T3 50mcgs
-Day 20-23: T3 25mcgs

Final Questions:
1) Now, I have heard it is important to do some form of HIT in the morning while recovering from T3...is this also true while running T3? Or will my usual low-intensity cardio Post-workout suffice?

2) Also, my maintenance calories are about 2500...how much lower would I have to drop that in order to see substantial weight losses?

3) I know you must raises Carb intake (and overall cals) when recovering from T3, but i wasn't sure how much exactly. And if I will be running Clen PCT, should I compensate for that too?
Your dosing looks good. I would go with that. About your questions. They might be better posed to someone of your bodytype. I have a mediocre understanding of cardio and how it relates to fatloss. I just don't have the real world experience since my bodytype is such that I can just change my diet and cut up significantly (ectomorph).

But, I can say that most of your questions will just be answered by doing a "test and tune" on this cycle and seeing what kind of results you achieve. We do have a couple intelligent starting points, however, using other similar people's experiences and feedback.

Personally I would start at +/- 500 from your maintenance calories (keeping protein high) depending on your goal obviously and adjust from there. If you are raising cals post T3 be sure to eat clean. We don't want your fat coming back. I wouldn't worry about compensating for the Clen since it's like ECA in the fact that it will create a fat burning environment while preserving lean mass. Once again, eat cleanly and you will see better results. I'm about tapped on the subject but you should have plenty of information to complete a very successful cycle. Good luck.

SigEp05

Awards
advice was excellent. you are the man.

6'2 225 ecto...

I thought ectos were suppossed to be small skinny bastards.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Admin Articles 0
Anabolics 19
Supplements 7
Anabolics 3
Apex Alchemy 15