Supplements/Protein for Diabetics

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
My new roommate is a Type 1 Diabetic. He's an experienced lifter but is somewhat new to being a diabetic. His BS levels are really bad (averaging 300-500 each day).

I've been sharing my USP ModernPRO with him but am running out. Do you guys have any suggestions on Diabetic Friendly supplements and protein?

Hes open to everything.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My new roommate is a Type 1 Diabetic. He's an experienced lifter but is somewhat new to being a diabetic. His BS levels are really bad (averaging 300-500 each day).

I've been sharing my USP ModernPRO with him but am running out. Do you guys have any suggestions on Diabetic Friendly supplements and protein?

Hes open to everything.
Mike from Priceplow has some decent videos for supplements for those watching their blood sugar. BLR has had some luck in that department as well. The new Glycoshield I believe had some positive reviews somewhere as well. Just some ideas off my head.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Mike from Priceplow has some decent videos for supplements for those watching their blood sugar. BLR has had some luck in that department as well. The new Glycoshield I believe had some positive reviews somewhere as well. Just some ideas off my head.
Thanks bro. We'll check it out. Which shop had the Sparta 19-nor by the way?

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks bro. We'll check it out. Which shop had the Sparta 19-nor by the way?
I'm a recent type 1 as well. I like whole egg protein and some vegan proteins as well. I like to keep insulin load very low. There are multiple places like true protein and the protein factory.

Nutrex

Nutrex

Awards
There was a company called Sizeslim that caters to diabetics.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There was a company called Sizeslim that caters to diabetics.
Sizeslim has a pre and post made for type 1 diabetics. The owner is one himself.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to know. I have a few diabetic friends. I'll have to let them know about sizeslim.

CDale

CDale

Awards
Type 1 is the type of diabetes that you really have no control over getting, right?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Type 1 is the type of diabetes that you really have no control over getting, right?
yeah, with type 1 you don't produce enough insulin. With type 2 your body stops responding as well to insulin and you can eventually end up not producing enough.