Professional Supplement's Pure Vitargo

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Anarchy939's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    482
    Rep Power
    360
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    83.77%

    Thumbs up Professional Supplement's Pure Vitargo


    This stuff rocks! I just got a tub last wednesday and used it Post-Workout with some CEE. Man I was so damn swole! I also took another 1/2 serving with my whey about 1/2hr later. I was mad sore thursday after my wednesday workout, but come friday I barely felt a thing! Any of you ever try this stuff?

  2. New Member
    Grmlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    269
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    82.29%

    I am right with you...I absolutely love vitargo. Between the pumps and the fullness, I don't think that I will try any other post WO carb source.
  3. Board Supporter
    RedSwan78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    185
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    45.71%

    I love this stuff! The fruit punch flavor, WOW! It tastes like it should be bad for me or something it's THAT good!

    Recovery-wise and such, I didn't really notice that much different compared to a mix of 75grams of carbs worth of Maltodextrin/Dextrose/Kool-Aid. What I DID notice though, was my malto/dex/koolaid... uhm.. how shall we say... ran RIGHT through me. I mean, EXPLOSIVE.

    With the Vitargo, there's no bathroom issues, so I don't feel like an 80-year old geaser rushing off to the bathroom every 5 mins.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    avian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    123
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    99.33%

    Hey, please let me know how this works out for you regarding muscle gains.


    Thanks.
  5. New Member
    Anarchy939's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    482
    Rep Power
    360
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    83.77%

    sure
  6. Board Sponsor
    bigpetefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    2019
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    39.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by avian
    Hey, please let me know how this works out for you regarding muscle gains.


    Thanks.
    Considering that vitargo converts to glycogen in muscle at a higher rate than dextrose, I'm guessing gains should be solid..

    I plan to get some vitargo myself, should be interesting to try while cutting..
  7. Registered User
    StanChampion's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    448
    Rep Power
    357
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    94.89%

    damn stuff is pricey though. Hmmmmm still on the fence, but good feedback.
  8. Registered User
    shootmeagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    476
    Rep Power
    364
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    83.13%

    Add me to the supporters of Vitargo (though I've not used this brand.) No more maltodextrin and/or dextrose for me post-workout.
  9. New Member
    Kendog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    123
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    54%

    Hey can you guys link me to a good read about Vitargo? I'm not sure I understand it that well. Thanks
  10. New Member
    Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    187
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    18.61%

    I love vitargo! The stuff actually gave me painful pumps, and pumps that I felt the next day!
  11. Registered User
    StanChampion's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    448
    Rep Power
    357
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    94.89%

    Are there any other places that are cheaper than 1fast's $50?
  12. Board Supporter
    WannaGro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    246
    Rep Power
    250
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    45.98%

    yeah nutra is a little cheaper

    -WannaGro
  13. New Member
    Phoenix rising's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    181
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    16.12%

    hmmm I thought we were getting away from high carb / sugar post workout drinks these days with the new information that is currently out there.

    Guys I seriously think Vitagro is a waste of money unless people are using it maybe for contest glycogen loading.

    For those who disagree check out T-Nation: The Top 10 Post Workout Nutrition Myths scroll down to post #8 by Bobo. Bobo is right on track with his statement and I agree with him 100%.
  14. Advanced Member
    Odessa14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    566
    Rep Power
    412
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    15.48%

    Yeah...ok, granted this stuff sounds great, but 25 servings of yet another supplement to add to the monthly bill for 46 bucks? I dont know...

    O14
  15. Board Sponsor
    bigpetefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    2019
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    39.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix rising
    hmmm I thought we were getting away from high carb / sugar post workout drinks these days with the new information that is currently out there.

    Guys I seriously think Vitagro is a waste of money unless people are using it maybe for contest glycogen loading.

    For those who disagree check out T-Nation: The Top 10 Post Workout Nutrition Myths scroll down to post #8 by Bobo. Bobo is right on track with his statement and I agree with him 100%.
    True and I agree as well, but vitargo has a different action from simple sugars.. If I wazsn't so busy tearing into this porterhouse, I'd look up some more info on that..
  16. New Member
    Kendog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    123
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    54%

    Quote Originally Posted by Odessa14
    Yeah...ok, granted this stuff sounds great, but 25 servings of yet another supplement to add to the monthly bill for 46 bucks? I dont know...

    O14
    Agreed, too expensive. Oats/Malto is sufficient.
  17. New Member
    Anarchy939's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    482
    Rep Power
    360
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    83.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by Kendog
    Agreed, too expensive. Oats/Malto is sufficient.
    True, Oats/Malto are sufficient, but I still have to say that Vitargo works much better for me personally. If I were on a more limited budget, then I'd probably stick to those choices as well, but I figure I might as well enjoy the enhanced benefits while I've got the green to spare.
  18. Board Supporter
    RedSwan78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    185
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    45.71%

    Quote Originally Posted by Odessa14
    Yeah...ok, granted this stuff sounds great, but 25 servings of yet another supplement to add to the monthly bill for 46 bucks? I dont know...

    O14
    How many times a week do you lift weights? For me, I only lift 3 days a week, so I use one serving 3 times a week. 3x8=24. So I get two months worth out of that for me, and is why I decided to give it a try. Sure, if I ever get strapped for cash, I could drop it, but like I said - the stomach/bathroom issues, it's not that much.
  19. Registered User
    Max32's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,063
    Rep Power
    1293
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    58.17%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I think PA claims that one should consume this immediately post workout, wait 15-20 minutes, then take in whey. NOT at the same time.....
  20. Registered User
    Zero Tolerance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,328
    Rep Power
    790
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    68.11%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Carbs and proteins are better digested apart...
  21. Hot Italian Goldmember
    Syr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,124
    Rep Power
    1193
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    81.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Max32
    I think PA claims that one should consume this immediately post workout, wait 15-20 minutes, then take in whey. NOT at the same time.....
    Yes, i've read that on Avant board recently. I believe I had no significant results from it because i simply took in my post-workout protein shake.
    Cost-wise, its doable if one works out 3 or 4 times a week, not more.
  22. Registered User
    Max32's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,063
    Rep Power
    1293
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    58.17%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Syr
    Yes, i've read that on Avant board recently. I believe I had no significant results from it because i simply took in my post-workout protein shake.
    Cost-wise, its doable if one works out 3 or 4 times a week, not more.
    I would say that it would be best used during the last 20 minutes or so of a workout if only doing wieghts; however, if incorporating cardio post workout, I would take it after cardio, then allow 20 minutes before consuming protein. I have gone through a bottle of this stuff and loved it. I even turned Sagi Kalev onto this after my discusions with Art Atwood. Now Sagi has all of his clients using it as well....

    I think it is definitly worth the money. I use it post workout the majority of the time, but pre workout on days where I am lagging. I wonder if it would work well if taken with BCAAs as opposed to standard protein powders....
  23. Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,543
    Rep Power
    2677
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Tolerance
    Carbs and proteins are better digested apart...
    I've never seen the justification for this claim, could you give me an explanation as to why some people believe this? I get very, very skeptical when I hear all these esoteric diet claims about making sure you take this in at this time, this at this time, don't eat that when you eat this, etc, etc. If it were that complicated how did bodybuilders, natural and otherwise, get huge a ripped before such practices were known? It makes no sense to me. I have trouble believing that mixing cabrs and protein after a workout is going to have significantly less effect than eating them 15-30 minutes apart. You should eat what's required when it's required, which means during the day a balanced diet and pre a post workout a couple shakes to account for the fact that you just burned a boatload of energy and need something that absorbs a little faster.
  24. Hot Italian Goldmember
    Syr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,124
    Rep Power
    1193
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    81.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Max32
    I think it is definitly worth the money. I use it post workout the majority of the time, but pre workout on days where I am lagging. I wonder if it would work well if taken with BCAAs as opposed to standard protein powders....
    This intrigue me a lot. I just got the new ergopharm EAA (carb free), All in One, and I plan to try as post workout in place of proteins. Maybe in that case i could have a single drink consisting of Vitargo + EAA?
    The taste is not on par of the best tasting proteins though, its very similar to Vendetta.
  25. Registered User
    shootmeagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    476
    Rep Power
    364
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    83.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by Max32
    I think PA claims that one should consume this immediately post workout, wait 15-20 minutes, then take in whey. NOT at the same time.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Tolerance
    Carbs and proteins are better digested apart...
    This claim/idea is not based on some notion that carbs and protein are best digested apart; in fact, I believe many knowledgable persons are confident that proteins are best digested when consumed with carbs.

    But, to the issue at hand, the reason given for the delay after, an in injesting the carb source (post-workout) first, is that it's desired affect on your blood sugar is not instantaneous. That is, the idea of 'shuttling' nutrients (like aminos from a whey protein shake) to your muscles, is best accomplished by first causing the 'spike' or surge and then consuming the protein.

    I have no idea if this actually demonstratable or true-in-fact or not. Just that this is the reason given and it is plausible. I personally drink my protein and carb mix (together) as soon as I can post-workout (usually within 10-15 minutes of ceasation of training) and then I eat a whole food meal within an hour or 90 minutes of that.
  26. New Member
    bigpump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    156
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    0.73%

    The reason for separating them (vitargo and protein) was because any benefint of the fast absorption/osmotic properties are lost when you injest it with protein. You might as well use dextrose if you are going to drink them together.

    By drinking the vitargo first, you get the benefit of fast digestion (better than dextrose).

    That's all. PA even commented that if you injest them together you are just wasting your money.
  27. Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,543
    Rep Power
    2677
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bigpump
    The reason for separating them (vitargo and protein) was because any benefint of the fast absorption/osmotic properties are lost when you injest it with protein. You might as well use dextrose if you are going to drink them together.

    By drinking the vitargo first, you get the benefit of fast digestion (better than dextrose).

    That's all. PA even commented that if you injest them together you are just wasting your money.
    I could maybe understand that point of view if applied to a different context, like mixing Vitargo with a whole food meal, but a whey protein shake is also absorbed very fast. When something is almost pure liquid your stomach doesn't need to process it into chyme (sp?), and it passes through the first portion of your digestive system very quickly.
  28. New Member
    bigpump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    156
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    0.73%

    quoted from PA

    "there is no point in consuming vitargo with protein shake. Vitargo is meant to be a quickly absorbed carbohydrate with minimal stomach bloating effects

    consumed with a protein shake you completely lose the benefits"
  29. Registered User
    StanChampion's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    448
    Rep Power
    357
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    94.89%

    hmmmm confusing.

    I usually take a malto/protein shake (prima's wpi) 60 minutes before working out. Then another malto/ protein (ergo's GF) after working out. I use 5 grams of extend or some bulk bcaa mixed in with a gatorade drink during the workout.

    Now with this Vitargo I plan on taking it like PA recommends; immed. after workout, followed by protein 20 minutes later. I will see if this setup has any positive effect on my recovery.

    Going to get pricey b/c I workout 5x week.
  30. Registered User
    shootmeagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    476
    Rep Power
    364
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    83.13%

    bigpump...

    That reasoning is believable and seems to make sense, considering that the benefit of Vitargo v. dextrose and/or maltodextrin is the quick absorption, etc. however, it is confusing that PA is the source of that info, essentially saying consuming Vitargo with proteins is pointless, while he puts out a product (All in One) which does just that.

    All in One, 1 scoop =

    12.8g Vitargo
    16g Protein

    Add to that the fact that this product also contains both dextrose and maltodextrin too... and I'm really scratchin' my head about this product's formulation. (And PA's comments.)

  31. New Member
    bigpump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    156
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    0.73%

    Quote Originally Posted by shootmeagain
    bigpump...

    That reasoning is believable and seems to make sense, considering that the benefit of Vitargo v. dextrose and/or maltodextrin is the quick absorption, etc. however, it is confusing that PA is the source of that info, essentially saying consuming Vitargo with proteins is pointless, while he puts out a product (All in One) which does just that.

    All in One, 1 scoop =

    12.8g Vitargo
    16g Protein

    Add to that the fact that this product also contains both dextrose and maltodextrin too... and I'm really scratchin' my head about this product's formulation. (And PA's comments.)

    All in One contain free form EAA, not whole proteins. Art (owner of proffesional supplements) states that EAA will not interfere with the whole digestion thing.
  32. Registered User
    shootmeagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    476
    Rep Power
    364
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    83.13%

    True, it contains free-form and BCAA... but still, I'd like to hear the reasoning as to why that would be ok with Vitargo while whey protein isolate, for instance, is not. I do understand that those are different things, don't get me wrong, I'd just like to know the why/reason one get the ok and the other would be considered a waste of money. I'm sure there is an answer... I'd just like to understand.
  33. Guest
    Guest
    Guest's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by shootmeagain
    This claim/idea is not based on some notion that carbs and protein are best digested apart; in fact, I believe many knowledgable persons are confident that proteins are best digested when consumed with carbs.

    But, to the issue at hand, the reason given for the delay after, an in injesting the carb source (post-workout) first, is that it's desired affect on your blood sugar is not instantaneous. That is, the idea of 'shuttling' nutrients (like aminos from a whey protein shake) to your muscles, is best accomplished by first causing the 'spike' or surge and then consuming the protein.

    I have no idea if this actually demonstratable or true-in-fact or not. Just that this is the reason given and it is plausible. I personally drink my protein and carb mix (together) as soon as I can post-workout (usually within 10-15 minutes of ceasation of training) and then I eat a whole food meal within an hour or 90 minutes of that.
    Taking that into consideration the protein/cho digestion ratio. Wouldn't it make sense to consume the protein first since protein digestion is much slower then simple sugars. If we consumed CHO first then we get an insulin spike without any protein in the system thats if we are consuming CHO twenty minutes before the protein.

    My theory was take you whey protein first(unless your using hydrosolate which should be taken together) wait 15 minutes and consume the simple sugars since most of use use a whey concentrate...Makes sence to me.
  34. New Member
    Anarchy939's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    482
    Rep Power
    360
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    83.77%

    would it be ok to take some Vitargo with XTend BCAA's PW?
  35. Guest
    Guest
    Guest's Avatar

    Whats the benefit of BCAA or EAA over whey pre/post workout besides price? I would like to hear Bobo's opinion.

    ceosm
  36. Guest
    Guest
    Guest's Avatar

    I use surge post workout because you can not find a better tasting hydrosolate formula. I use surge then eat balanced meal about an hour later.

    ceosm
  37. Board Sponsor
    bigpetefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    2019
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    39.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    I've never seen the justification for this claim, could you give me an explanation as to why some people believe this? I get very, very skeptical when I hear all these esoteric diet claims about making sure you take this in at this time, this at this time, don't eat that when you eat this, etc, etc. If it were that complicated how did bodybuilders, natural and otherwise, get huge a ripped before such practices were known? It makes no sense to me. I have trouble believing that mixing cabrs and protein after a workout is going to have significantly less effect than eating them 15-30 minutes apart. You should eat what's required when it's required, which means during the day a balanced diet and pre a post workout a couple shakes to account for the fact that you just burned a boatload of energy and need something that absorbs a little faster.
    I agree compleely with this post..
  38. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,713
    Rep Power
    513545
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    89.73%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Aparently, the "no carbs with protein" and vice versa theory is based on research presented in the Zone Diet. I'm sure there is truth to it but I seriously doubt that it justifies carrying yet another bottle of some post-WO concoction and timing it precisely. For me that's more hassle than I prefer.
  39. New Member
    avian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    123
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    99.33%

    i think protein may alter the absortion rate of the carb, as in all meals proteins does alter the gi of the foods we eat (carb+protein meal has a lower GI then carb alone, if it is the same carb of course)

    free form AAs are diferent, they dont need to get their peptides "broken" before digestion, protein does
    this is why i think its ok to take BCAA or EAA+vitargo or hydrolized+vitargo(hydrolized is rich in di and tripeptides, so they are easily digested)

    anyhow, you can always do both ways 2 weeks and which one you think its best
  40. Hot Italian Goldmember
    Syr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,124
    Rep Power
    1193
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    81.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by avian
    free form AAs are diferent, they dont need to get their peptides "broken" before digestion, protein does
    this is why i think its ok to take BCAA or EAA+vitargo or hydrolized+vitargo(hydrolized is rich in di and tripeptides, so they are easily digested)
    I think this is right and that's the reason why PA put vitargo in all in one (with carbs version).
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 05:17 PM
  2. PURE VITARGO
    By QUICKRYDE in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 05:39 PM
  3. Bobo, Your opinion on Pure Vitargo?
    By Frank Reynolds in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 01:44 AM
  4. pure vitargo
    By curqleez in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-12-2006, 07:10 PM
  5. Professional Supplements-PURE VITARGO NOW IN STOCK!
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 01:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in