Professional Supplement's Pure Vitargo

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
This stuff rocks! I just got a tub last wednesday and used it Post-Workout with some CEE. Man I was so damn swole! I also took another 1/2 serving with my whey about 1/2hr later. I was mad sore thursday after my wednesday workout, but come friday I barely felt a thing! Any of you ever try this stuff?

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
I am right with you...I absolutely love vitargo. Between the pumps and the fullness, I don't think that I will try any other post WO carb source.

RedSwan78

Board Supporter
Awards
I love this stuff! The fruit punch flavor, WOW! It tastes like it should be bad for me or something it's THAT good! :D

Recovery-wise and such, I didn't really notice that much different compared to a mix of 75grams of carbs worth of Maltodextrin/Dextrose/Kool-Aid. What I DID notice though, was my malto/dex/koolaid... uhm.. how shall we say... ran RIGHT through me. :sad: I mean, EXPLOSIVE. :rofl:

With the Vitargo, there's no bathroom issues, so I don't feel like an 80-year old geaser rushing off to the bathroom every 5 mins. :)

avian

Awards
Hey, please let me know how this works out for you regarding muscle gains.
:)

Thanks.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey, please let me know how this works out for you regarding muscle gains.
:)

Thanks.
Considering that vitargo converts to glycogen in muscle at a higher rate than dextrose, I'm guessing gains should be solid.. :thumbsup:

I plan to get some vitargo myself, should be interesting to try while cutting.. ;)

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
damn stuff is pricey though. Hmmmmm still on the fence, but good feedback.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Add me to the supporters of Vitargo (though I've not used this brand.) No more maltodextrin and/or dextrose for me post-workout.

Kendog

Awards
Hey can you guys link me to a good read about Vitargo? I'm not sure I understand it that well. Thanks

Cold

Awards
I love vitargo! The stuff actually gave me painful pumps, and pumps that I felt the next day!

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
Are there any other places that are cheaper than 1fast's $50?

WannaGro

Board Supporter
Awards
yeah nutra is a little cheaper

-WannaGro

Phoenix rising

Awards
hmmm I thought we were getting away from high carb / sugar post workout drinks these days with the new information that is currently out there.

Guys I seriously think Vitagro is a waste of money unless people are using it maybe for contest glycogen loading.

For those who disagree check out http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30008 scroll down to post #8 by Bobo. Bobo is right on track with his statement and I agree with him 100%.

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
Yeah...ok, granted this stuff sounds great, but 25 servings of yet another supplement to add to the monthly bill for 46 bucks? I dont know...

O14

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
hmmm I thought we were getting away from high carb / sugar post workout drinks these days with the new information that is currently out there.

Guys I seriously think Vitagro is a waste of money unless people are using it maybe for contest glycogen loading.

For those who disagree check out http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30008 scroll down to post #8 by Bobo. Bobo is right on track with his statement and I agree with him 100%.
True and I agree as well, but vitargo has a different action from simple sugars.. If I wazsn't so busy tearing into this porterhouse, I'd look up some more info on that.. ;)

Kendog

Awards
Yeah...ok, granted this stuff sounds great, but 25 servings of yet another supplement to add to the monthly bill for 46 bucks? I dont know...

O14
Agreed, too expensive. Oats/Malto is sufficient.

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, too expensive. Oats/Malto is sufficient.
True, Oats/Malto are sufficient, but I still have to say that Vitargo works much better for me personally. If I were on a more limited budget, then I'd probably stick to those choices as well, but I figure I might as well enjoy the enhanced benefits while I've got the green to spare.

RedSwan78

Board Supporter
Awards

O14
How many times a week do you lift weights? For me, I only lift 3 days a week, so I use one serving 3 times a week. 3x8=24. So I get two months worth out of that for me, and is why I decided to give it a try. Sure, if I ever get strapped for cash, I could drop it, but like I said - the stomach/bathroom issues, it's not that much.

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
I think PA claims that one should consume this immediately post workout, wait 15-20 minutes, then take in whey. NOT at the same time.....

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Carbs and proteins are better digested apart...

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
I think PA claims that one should consume this immediately post workout, wait 15-20 minutes, then take in whey. NOT at the same time.....
Yes, i've read that on Avant board recently. I believe I had no significant results from it because i simply took in my post-workout protein shake.
Cost-wise, its doable if one works out 3 or 4 times a week, not more.

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
Yes, i've read that on Avant board recently. I believe I had no significant results from it because i simply took in my post-workout protein shake.
Cost-wise, its doable if one works out 3 or 4 times a week, not more.
I would say that it would be best used during the last 20 minutes or so of a workout if only doing wieghts; however, if incorporating cardio post workout, I would take it after cardio, then allow 20 minutes before consuming protein. I have gone through a bottle of this stuff and loved it. I even turned Sagi Kalev onto this after my discusions with Art Atwood. Now Sagi has all of his clients using it as well....

I think it is definitly worth the money. I use it post workout the majority of the time, but pre workout on days where I am lagging. I wonder if it would work well if taken with BCAAs as opposed to standard protein powders....:think:

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I've never seen the justification for this claim, could you give me an explanation as to why some people believe this? I get very, very skeptical when I hear all these esoteric diet claims about making sure you take this in at this time, this at this time, don't eat that when you eat this, etc, etc. If it were that complicated how did bodybuilders, natural and otherwise, get huge a ripped before such practices were known? It makes no sense to me. I have trouble believing that mixing cabrs and protein after a workout is going to have significantly less effect than eating them 15-30 minutes apart. You should eat what's required when it's required, which means during the day a balanced diet and pre a post workout a couple shakes to account for the fact that you just burned a boatload of energy and need something that absorbs a little faster.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
I think it is definitly worth the money. I use it post workout the majority of the time, but pre workout on days where I am lagging. I wonder if it would work well if taken with BCAAs as opposed to standard protein powders....:think:
This intrigue me a lot. I just got the new ergopharm EAA (carb free), All in One, and I plan to try as post workout in place of proteins. Maybe in that case i could have a single drink consisting of Vitargo + EAA?
The taste is not on par of the best tasting proteins though, its very similar to Vendetta.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
This claim/idea is not based on some notion that carbs and protein are best digested apart; in fact, I believe many knowledgable persons are confident that proteins are best digested when consumed with carbs.

But, to the issue at hand, the reason given for the delay after, an in injesting the carb source (post-workout) first, is that it's desired affect on your blood sugar is not instantaneous. That is, the idea of 'shuttling' nutrients (like aminos from a whey protein shake) to your muscles, is best accomplished by first causing the 'spike' or surge and then consuming the protein.

I have no idea if this actually demonstratable or true-in-fact or not. Just that this is the reason given and it is plausible. I personally drink my protein and carb mix (together) as soon as I can post-workout (usually within 10-15 minutes of ceasation of training) and then I eat a whole food meal within an hour or 90 minutes of that.

bigpump

Awards
The reason for separating them (vitargo and protein) was because any benefint of the fast absorption/osmotic properties are lost when you injest it with protein. You might as well use dextrose if you are going to drink them together.

By drinking the vitargo first, you get the benefit of fast digestion (better than dextrose).

That's all. PA even commented that if you injest them together you are just wasting your money.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
The reason for separating them (vitargo and protein) was because any benefint of the fast absorption/osmotic properties are lost when you injest it with protein. You might as well use dextrose if you are going to drink them together.

By drinking the vitargo first, you get the benefit of fast digestion (better than dextrose).

That's all. PA even commented that if you injest them together you are just wasting your money.
I could maybe understand that point of view if applied to a different context, like mixing Vitargo with a whole food meal, but a whey protein shake is also absorbed very fast. When something is almost pure liquid your stomach doesn't need to process it into chyme (sp?), and it passes through the first portion of your digestive system very quickly.

bigpump

Awards
quoted from PA

"there is no point in consuming vitargo with protein shake. Vitargo is meant to be a quickly absorbed carbohydrate with minimal stomach bloating effects

consumed with a protein shake you completely lose the benefits"

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
hmmmm confusing.

I usually take a malto/protein shake (prima's wpi) 60 minutes before working out. Then another malto/ protein (ergo's GF) after working out. I use 5 grams of extend or some bulk bcaa mixed in with a gatorade drink during the workout.

Now with this Vitargo I plan on taking it like PA recommends; immed. after workout, followed by protein 20 minutes later. I will see if this setup has any positive effect on my recovery.

Going to get pricey b/c I workout 5x week. :D

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
bigpump...

That reasoning is believable and seems to make sense, considering that the benefit of Vitargo v. dextrose and/or maltodextrin is the quick absorption, etc. however, it is confusing that PA is the source of that info, essentially saying consuming Vitargo with proteins is pointless, while he puts out a product (All in One) which does just that.

All in One, 1 scoop =

12.8g Vitargo
16g Protein

Add to that the fact that this product also contains both dextrose and maltodextrin too... and I'm really scratchin' my head about this product's formulation. (And PA's comments.)

:confused:

bigpump

Awards
bigpump...

That reasoning is believable and seems to make sense, considering that the benefit of Vitargo v. dextrose and/or maltodextrin is the quick absorption, etc. however, it is confusing that PA is the source of that info, essentially saying consuming Vitargo with proteins is pointless, while he puts out a product (All in One) which does just that.

All in One, 1 scoop =

12.8g Vitargo
16g Protein

Add to that the fact that this product also contains both dextrose and maltodextrin too... and I'm really scratchin' my head about this product's formulation. (And PA's comments.)

:confused:
All in One contain free form EAA, not whole proteins. Art (owner of proffesional supplements) states that EAA will not interfere with the whole digestion thing.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
True, it contains free-form and BCAA... but still, I'd like to hear the reasoning as to why that would be ok with Vitargo while whey protein isolate, for instance, is not. I do understand that those are different things, don't get me wrong, I'd just like to know the why/reason one get the ok and the other would be considered a waste of money. I'm sure there is an answer... I'd just like to understand.

This claim/idea is not based on some notion that carbs and protein are best digested apart; in fact, I believe many knowledgable persons are confident that proteins are best digested when consumed with carbs.

But, to the issue at hand, the reason given for the delay after, an in injesting the carb source (post-workout) first, is that it's desired affect on your blood sugar is not instantaneous. That is, the idea of 'shuttling' nutrients (like aminos from a whey protein shake) to your muscles, is best accomplished by first causing the 'spike' or surge and then consuming the protein.

I have no idea if this actually demonstratable or true-in-fact or not. Just that this is the reason given and it is plausible. I personally drink my protein and carb mix (together) as soon as I can post-workout (usually within 10-15 minutes of ceasation of training) and then I eat a whole food meal within an hour or 90 minutes of that.
Taking that into consideration the protein/cho digestion ratio. Wouldn't it make sense to consume the protein first since protein digestion is much slower then simple sugars. If we consumed CHO first then we get an insulin spike without any protein in the system thats if we are consuming CHO twenty minutes before the protein.

My theory was take you whey protein first(unless your using hydrosolate which should be taken together) wait 15 minutes and consume the simple sugars since most of use use a whey concentrate...Makes sence to me.

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
would it be ok to take some Vitargo with XTend BCAA's PW?

Whats the benefit of BCAA or EAA over whey pre/post workout besides price? I would like to hear Bobo's opinion.

ceosm

I use surge post workout because you can not find a better tasting hydrosolate formula. I use surge then eat balanced meal about an hour later.

ceosm

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've never seen the justification for this claim, could you give me an explanation as to why some people believe this? I get very, very skeptical when I hear all these esoteric diet claims about making sure you take this in at this time, this at this time, don't eat that when you eat this, etc, etc. If it were that complicated how did bodybuilders, natural and otherwise, get huge a ripped before such practices were known? It makes no sense to me. I have trouble believing that mixing cabrs and protein after a workout is going to have significantly less effect than eating them 15-30 minutes apart. You should eat what's required when it's required, which means during the day a balanced diet and pre a post workout a couple shakes to account for the fact that you just burned a boatload of energy and need something that absorbs a little faster.
I agree compleely with this post.. :thumbsup:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Aparently, the "no carbs with protein" and vice versa theory is based on research presented in the Zone Diet. I'm sure there is truth to it but I seriously doubt that it justifies carrying yet another bottle of some post-WO concoction and timing it precisely. For me that's more hassle than I prefer.

avian

Awards
i think protein may alter the absortion rate of the carb, as in all meals proteins does alter the gi of the foods we eat (carb+protein meal has a lower GI then carb alone, if it is the same carb of course)

free form AAs are diferent, they dont need to get their peptides "broken" before digestion, protein does
this is why i think its ok to take BCAA or EAA+vitargo or hydrolized+vitargo(hydrolized is rich in di and tripeptides, so they are easily digested)

anyhow, you can always do both ways 2 weeks and which one you think its best

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
free form AAs are diferent, they dont need to get their peptides "broken" before digestion, protein does
this is why i think its ok to take BCAA or EAA+vitargo or hydrolized+vitargo(hydrolized is rich in di and tripeptides, so they are easily digested)
I think this is right and that's the reason why PA put vitargo in all in one (with carbs version).

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I vaguely remember seeing this claim somewhere else. I think the claim was your digestive system needed different enzymes to break down carbs and protein, and eating them together causes 'inefficient' digestion of both. Personally I think it's a load of crap. If there is any effect it couldn't be big.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
I vaguely remember seeing this claim somewhere else. I think the claim was your digestive system needed different enzymes to break down carbs and protein, and eating them together causes 'inefficient' digestion of both. Personally I think it's a load of crap. If there is any effect it couldn't be big.
For normal meals I believe that mixing proteins and carbs or proteins and fat or all the 3 macronutrients is beneficial to the overall intake, but that anything consumed with proteins, expecially fats will slower the absorbtion. This is not a bad thing, in all moments except within the protein window. For istance, a morning shake of just whey within 30 mins from waking up would be the most effective way to refuel proteins, then a few mins later (maybe after cardio) a good oats cup and some milk or good fats would finish the breakfast.

For post-workout nutrition timing is even more crucial. I think the reason to not eat anything else with fast carbs immediately post-training is to replenish the glycogen stores ASAP and lower cortisol (and lactatic acid too i guess). Then proteins and anti-oxidants are needed for other reasons.

avian

Awards
I wouldnt say ineficient, i would say "later" digestion. Which is beneficial most of the day, you dont want your body do have food for 30mins and expend 2 hours until the next meal starving.

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
I created a fvcking monster :frustrate .....I tried vitargo + whey for 2 months. Now I will try them spaced out for a while and let ya'll know if any differences, no matter how negligable they may be...

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Hey, I think it's great that we talk about this stuff; even when it sometimes gets out of hand. It's just nice to have a place to talk about it with people who are interested in cutting through the bull and knowing what's best. Sometimes though, I think we have to accept that anything can be carried too far and some things just aren't worth the time/effort/thought that we give them.

Hey, I met a guy the other day who told me he used Twizzlers post-workout. I wish I could go with that theory... I love those things. LOL :)

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Hey, I think it's great that we talk about this stuff; even when it sometimes gets out of hand. It's just nice to have a place to talk about it with people who are interested in cutting through the bull and knowing what's best.
Yes, it is. The funny thing is that my supplier told me to take post-wo with whey up to 30 mins... which I believe now it has been about a waste of money.

RedSwan78

Board Supporter
Awards
Allright, here's my thoughts on the subject:

In the past I use to go to the gym, get done working out, drive home, and then take my post workout shake, and then again later eat real food.

I switched to bringing my post workout shake with me to the gym and consuming it IMMEDIATELY after getting down working out. This *seriously* made a dramatic difference to me recovery-wise! Recovered faster and made more improvements. (This was a high liquid carbohydrate + protein shake)

Then I was told that I should be consuming my carbs first, and then my protein about 10 minutes later. This is because taking the carbs first will cause an insulin surge, and when I take the protein, the insulin will shuttle the protein into the muscles. I used a mix of 75grams of carbs from: Maltodextrin, Dextrose, Kool-aid (30g Malto, 30g dex, 15g kool-aid). 10 minutes later was 50grams of whey protein. This was a *slightly* noticeable improvement in recovery over the previous mentioned method. The problem with this though, was the explosive bathroom problems this caused for me.

I had read about Vitargo a year (or few years) ago, and always wanted to try it. Once I found Professional Supplements selling it, I ordered it. I do it the same way, I consume the Vitargo (plus CEE) IMMEDIATELY after workout, and 10 or so minutes later, my whey protein. Recovery etc, is not noticeably different from the malto/dex/ka, but there are no longer any bathroom problems!

Also, really how hard is it to put two shaker bottles in your gym bag to take with you? I bring my two shaker botles, a bottle of water, a towel, a pen/pencil and my log, and if needed my belt, any accessories that I need in a bookbag. So it's not like it's "a pain in the ass" to bring two shaker bottles compared to one to the gym :p I pre-mix them at home, drink the vitargo right before I leave the gym, and then drink the protein in the car on the way home. Simple, easy, effective. :D

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Also, really how hard is it to put two shaker bottles in your gym bag to take with you? I bring my two shaker botles, a bottle of water, a towel, a pen/pencil and my log, and if needed my belt, any accessories that I need in a bookbag. So it's not like it's "a pain in the ass" to bring two shaker bottles compared to one to the gym :p I pre-mix them at home, drink the vitargo right before I leave the gym, and then drink the protein in the car on the way home. Simple, easy, effective. :D
Don't doubt it, and if it solved your bathroom issues then by all means, it's worth it. But I seriously doubt this is necessary for most people, or that they'd see any tangible benefit.

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
My liking of vitargo is from the lack of bloat and increased pump. oh, and CDB, you have outdone yourself on the ol avatar....

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
My liking of vitargo is from the lack of bloat and increased pump. oh, and CDB, you have outdone yourself on the ol avatar....
There is something special about this one. I'm switching again soon, but this one will make a repeat appearance.