Professional Supplement's Pure Vitargo

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. I vaguely remember seeing this claim somewhere else. I think the claim was your digestive system needed different enzymes to break down carbs and protein, and eating them together causes 'inefficient' digestion of both. Personally I think it's a load of crap. If there is any effect it couldn't be big.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    I vaguely remember seeing this claim somewhere else. I think the claim was your digestive system needed different enzymes to break down carbs and protein, and eating them together causes 'inefficient' digestion of both. Personally I think it's a load of crap. If there is any effect it couldn't be big.
    For normal meals I believe that mixing proteins and carbs or proteins and fat or all the 3 macronutrients is beneficial to the overall intake, but that anything consumed with proteins, expecially fats will slower the absorbtion. This is not a bad thing, in all moments except within the protein window. For istance, a morning shake of just whey within 30 mins from waking up would be the most effective way to refuel proteins, then a few mins later (maybe after cardio) a good oats cup and some milk or good fats would finish the breakfast.

    For post-workout nutrition timing is even more crucial. I think the reason to not eat anything else with fast carbs immediately post-training is to replenish the glycogen stores ASAP and lower cortisol (and lactatic acid too i guess). Then proteins and anti-oxidants are needed for other reasons.

  3. I wouldnt say ineficient, i would say "later" digestion. Which is beneficial most of the day, you dont want your body do have food for 30mins and expend 2 hours until the next meal starving.
    •   
       


  4. I created a ****ing monster .....I tried vitargo + whey for 2 months. Now I will try them spaced out for a while and let ya'll know if any differences, no matter how negligable they may be...

  5. Hey, I think it's great that we talk about this stuff; even when it sometimes gets out of hand. It's just nice to have a place to talk about it with people who are interested in cutting through the bull and knowing what's best. Sometimes though, I think we have to accept that anything can be carried too far and some things just aren't worth the time/effort/thought that we give them.

    Hey, I met a guy the other day who told me he used Twizzlers post-workout. I wish I could go with that theory... I love those things. LOL

  6. Quote Originally Posted by shootmeagain
    Hey, I think it's great that we talk about this stuff; even when it sometimes gets out of hand. It's just nice to have a place to talk about it with people who are interested in cutting through the bull and knowing what's best.
    Yes, it is. The funny thing is that my supplier told me to take post-wo with whey up to 30 mins... which I believe now it has been about a waste of money.

  7. Allright, here's my thoughts on the subject:

    In the past I use to go to the gym, get done working out, drive home, and then take my post workout shake, and then again later eat real food.

    I switched to bringing my post workout shake with me to the gym and consuming it IMMEDIATELY after getting down working out. This *seriously* made a dramatic difference to me recovery-wise! Recovered faster and made more improvements. (This was a high liquid carbohydrate + protein shake)

    Then I was told that I should be consuming my carbs first, and then my protein about 10 minutes later. This is because taking the carbs first will cause an insulin surge, and when I take the protein, the insulin will shuttle the protein into the muscles. I used a mix of 75grams of carbs from: Maltodextrin, Dextrose, Kool-aid (30g Malto, 30g dex, 15g kool-aid). 10 minutes later was 50grams of whey protein. This was a *slightly* noticeable improvement in recovery over the previous mentioned method. The problem with this though, was the explosive bathroom problems this caused for me.

    I had read about Vitargo a year (or few years) ago, and always wanted to try it. Once I found Professional Supplements selling it, I ordered it. I do it the same way, I consume the Vitargo (plus CEE) IMMEDIATELY after workout, and 10 or so minutes later, my whey protein. Recovery etc, is not noticeably different from the malto/dex/ka, but there are no longer any bathroom problems!

    Also, really how hard is it to put two shaker bottles in your gym bag to take with you? I bring my two shaker botles, a bottle of water, a towel, a pen/pencil and my log, and if needed my belt, any accessories that I need in a bookbag. So it's not like it's "a pain in the ass" to bring two shaker bottles compared to one to the gym :P I pre-mix them at home, drink the vitargo right before I leave the gym, and then drink the protein in the car on the way home. Simple, easy, effective.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by RedSwan78
    Also, really how hard is it to put two shaker bottles in your gym bag to take with you? I bring my two shaker botles, a bottle of water, a towel, a pen/pencil and my log, and if needed my belt, any accessories that I need in a bookbag. So it's not like it's "a pain in the ass" to bring two shaker bottles compared to one to the gym :P I pre-mix them at home, drink the vitargo right before I leave the gym, and then drink the protein in the car on the way home. Simple, easy, effective.
    Don't doubt it, and if it solved your bathroom issues then by all means, it's worth it. But I seriously doubt this is necessary for most people, or that they'd see any tangible benefit.

  9. My liking of vitargo is from the lack of bloat and increased pump. oh, and CDB, you have outdone yourself on the ol avatar....

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Max32
    My liking of vitargo is from the lack of bloat and increased pump. oh, and CDB, you have outdone yourself on the ol avatar....
    There is something special about this one. I'm switching again soon, but this one will make a repeat appearance.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    Don't doubt it, and if it solved your bathroom issues then by all means, it's worth it. But I seriously doubt this is necessary for most people, or that they'd see any tangible benefit.

    True, but don't get me confused here. I was just voicing the fact that *I* like Vitargo for my own personal reasons, I'm certainly not trying to tell anybody that they should use it and what they are doing now is wrong. Hell no. Everybody needs to experiment and find what is best for *their* body and *their* needs! If you've followed my PH log in the PH section, you'll see how tightly I regulate my lifestyle/body - this has helped me to see the slight differences these changes made. Also, like I mentioned before, the taste of the fruit punch Vitargo is just plain *awesome*! (oh, and yeah, that avatar ROCKS! hehe)

  12. I have been using vitargo since 12/2003 along w/ 40g of WPI and I have had only positive effects from it. I feel that it is by far the best post WO CHO source...stop overanalyzing this thread and try the damn product because it is truly incredible

  13. Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs
    I use surge post workout because you can not find a better tasting hydrosolate formula. I use surge then eat balanced meal about an hour later.

    ceosm
    Hmmm... i gotta try this. Which flavours?

    BTW, are you saying that with hydrolized (sp? or its hidrosolate?) whey one COULD actually take Vitargo together?

  14. Bobo said it best when he stated:

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Positive nitrogen rentention isn't something that occurs within a short peroid of time. Its achieved with adequate amounts of calories/protein over a longer period of time.


    You want the best results? Create a diet based on a steady of stream of nutrients at all points within the day, only increasing absortion rates (by ingesting faster absorbing proteins) in and around exercise to compensate for the increased energy expenditure. If you have achieve this there is absolutely no need to creat conditions of high and erratic insulin levels.

  15. Based on appearance and subjective results, I think I will stick with what I have been doing/using.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Max32
    Based on appearance and subjective results, I think I will stick with what I have been doing/using.
    same here..

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Max32
    Based on appearance and subjective results, I think I will stick with what I have been doing/using.
    What exactly is it that you have been doing/using?

  18. I got some samples of Pure Vitargo, been trying to figure out the best way to hand them out

  19. Quote Originally Posted by 1Fast400
    I got some samples of Pure Vitargo, been trying to figure out the best way to hand them out
    I can always email you with an address, and let me figure it out for you..

  20. Quote Originally Posted by 1Fast400
    I got some samples of Pure Vitargo, been trying to figure out the best way to hand them out
    >>>> send some my way!!

  21. Quote Originally Posted by bigpump
    What exactly is it that you have been doing/using?
    Austin huh, was down there last weekend for the 4th. I had been using vitargo PWO with whey for about a month and a half. This week I switched over to the vitargo post, and whey 15 min later. Will update any changes, but I will say that so far, lower abs look a bit tighter and pumps a bit stronger, and stay pumped for quite a while after. On 2 of the days this past week I mixed 30 grams BCAAs (XTEND) and 1 scoop vitargo pre-wo, and got some wicked pumps (shoulder day and back day)

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Max32
    Austin huh, was down there last weekend for the 4th.
    Where at? I was out on Lake Travis.


  23. Quote Originally Posted by ryansm
    Where at? I was out on Lake Travis.
    floated the Lupe on Sunday and hit up 4th/6th streets on Sat night

  24. Yea, I live in the University area. If you ever come back in let me know and then you'll have some real fun.

    I want to get my hands on some vitargo for use pre-workout with EAA. Good to hear the good results. Keep updating.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 04:17 PM
  2. PURE VITARGO
    By QUICKRYDE in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 04:39 PM
  3. Bobo, Your opinion on Pure Vitargo?
    By Frank Reynolds in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 12:44 AM
  4. pure vitargo
    By curqleez in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-12-2006, 06:10 PM
  5. Professional Supplements-PURE VITARGO NOW IN STOCK!
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Log in
Log in