Rapid Heartbreat?

TheMonster

Awards
So far in the past two weeks, this random thing has happened twice. I will be sitting there completely at rest and then all of a sudden my heart begins to beat SO fast like I just sprinted a mile! It goes on for about 2-3 minutes and I feel irritation in my throat. Then it goes away and I'm back to normal...

NOTE: I ran a Superdrol cycle about a month ago...

Any ideas on what this is?

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Time to see the doctor and report this..

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
So far in the past two weeks, this random thing has happened twice. I will be sitting there completely at rest and then all of a sudden my heart begins to beat SO fast like I just sprinted a mile! It goes on for about 2-3 minutes and I feel irritation in my throat. Then it goes away and I'm back to normal...

I'd definately get it checked out. Do you have any familial problems with arrythmias?

Have you ever checked to see how fast exactly?

Do you feel like you're about to pass out almost?

Now I'm no Doc, but I've been working with one for most of the summer so far, dealing exclusively with things like this (hes an electrophysiologist). I would definately bring it up with your doc. Not to scare you, as I'm sure there could be a million reasons, but tachycardias arent something to screw around with. Many people who die from heart related issues die from ventricular fibrillation that results from tachycardias.

I would definately see a doc ASAP, especially if this keeps up.

In all honesty, I'm giving you a worst-case-scenario here. It could be nothing. But I would NOT screw around with something like this, especially since its happening at rest.

Again, not to scare you. It could be nothing. Or it could be very bad. I'd call your doc tomorrow.

TheMonster

Awards
I'd definately get it checked out. Do you have any familial problems with arrythmias?

Have you ever checked to see how fast exactly?

Do you feel like you're about to pass out almost?

Now I'm no Doc, but I've been working with one for most of the summer so far, dealing exclusively with things like this (hes an electrophysiologist). I would definately bring it up with your doc. Not to scare you, as I'm sure there could be a million reasons, but tachycardias arent something to screw around with. Many people who die from heart related issues die from ventricular fibrillation that results from tachycardias.

I would definately see a doc ASAP, especially if this keeps up.

In all honesty, I'm giving you a worst-case-scenario here. It could be nothing. But I would NOT screw around with something like this, especially since its happening at rest.

Again, not to scare you. It could be nothing. Or it could be very bad. I'd call your doc tomorrow.
No, no past family problems.
No, never checked how fast exactly but it was quite fast.
No, I don't feel dizzy or light headed, just an irritation in my throat, almost like it's closing. Then I sit down and wait a few minutes and then spontaneously it returns back to normal.

I do have a history of asthma since the age of three but I haven't been taking any new medications...

Current Supplements: Whey Protein, Creatine, and Fish-Oil

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Definately still, please see a doc. Or better yet, just call them up and tell him your problem, see if you need to come down.

The heart isnt something to **** with.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, see a doc. I have/had the same problems arise, and it turned out to be panic attacks. The same closing feeling in the throat, chest pains, rapid heart beat. Definitely get it checked, because it may be something more serious.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Same problem here...I get panic attacks out of nowhere when I'm just sitting down watching TV or something...it's from hte hormones....still go see hte doc though, good lcuk.

Spitdeath

Awards
Same problem here...I get panic attacks out of nowhere when I'm just sitting down watching TV or something...it's from hte hormones....still go see hte doc though, good lcuk.
I get them too. but got them really bad this last time after I did tren test cycle and did pct with the bunk rebound. Happened alot during the PCT which it never has before. Must be something to do with hormones.

Carl Hungus

Carl Hungus

Awards

Like everyone else said, see a doctor. Any lightheadedness with these episodes? It sounds like SVT (supraventricular tachycardia), but you would probably need to wear a heart monitor for a period of time to see it in progress. I would say superdrol has nothing to do with these. But I repeat SEE A DOCTOR, if the rate gets high enough you can lose consciousness, if it's what it sounds like.

Last edited by a moderator:
ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Like everyone else said, see a doctor. Any lightheadedness with these episodes? It sounds like SVT (supraventricular tachycardia), but you would probably need to wear a heart monitor for a period of time to see it in progress. I would say superdrol has nothing to do with these. But I repeat SEE A DOCTOR, if the rate gets high enough you can lose consciousness, if it's what it sounds like.
I agree a Holter monitor, or if needed an Event monitor. I disagree though that SD would not cuase or worsen this problem. With certain individuals, such as myself, any hormonal manipulation will cause my condition to worsen.

Carl Hungus

Carl Hungus

Awards
I agree a Holter monitor, or if needed an Event monitor. I disagree though that SD would not cuase or worsen this problem. With certain individuals, such as myself, any hormonal manipulation will cause my condition to worsen.
Even a month out, huh? Would his PCT products possibly be contributing to this also. Do you know what mechanism by which this hormonal manipulation would be contributing to the cardiac irritability? I'm not doubting you for a second. I just find it an intresting subject.

I occasionally have what feels like irregular beats (probably PAC's) which seem to correlate with flaxseed oil intake, but I couldn't make the physiolgical connection.