Best time to take L-dopa? Best time to take 5-htp ?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When is the best time to take L dopa, pre -workout or before bed or does it matter?

I've tried it both ways and pre workout I seem to feel it more.

When is the best time to take 5-htp?

5-htp needs to be taken alone at least 45 minutes before or after a meal to work better than taking it closet to a meal

If you combined either of these with high concentrations of ecgc than itll cause them to cross the brain blood barrier making them much more effective.

I may have gotten serotonin syndrome from combining high amounts of egcg and 5-htp so if I try this again I may try 5-htp or maybe 5-htp and a little bit of egcg , bc the higher the mg egcg, the more itll cross the brain blood barrier , from what I understand

MrCoop are you around?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I should also say that the reason for me taking l-dopa is possible increased prolactin. The only way is to know through testing of course. That said, l-dopa lowers serotonin and increases dopamine. 5-htp increases serotonin and lowers dopamine, so that reason to use l-dopa one day, and 5-htp the next is to keep serotonin and dopamine neurotransmitters in balance.

Ive used L-dopa at 99 % for eleven months without a break and feel it put my dopamine and serotonin out of balance.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i always worry about a lack of a negative feedback loop with 5htp - i'd just take l-tryptophan personally. i also don't mess with l-dopa - but i don't have anything wrong where i feel id need those two, so who knows.