Taurine??

NevrEnuf

Awards
  • Established
Sup ya'll, I was just wondering for those of you who are taking taurine if you take the powder or in pill form and if it matters? Also does it matter if its from gnc or should it be name brand? Thanks

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sup ya'll, I was just wondering for those of you who are taking taurine if you take the powder or in pill form and if it matters? Also does it matter if its from gnc or should it be name brand? Thanks
The powder is as good as anything. You mean people still shop at GNC?. Why would you shop there when there are so many great deals from the board sponsers?

NevrEnuf

Awards
  • Established
The powder is as good as anything. You mean people still shop at GNC?. Why would you shop there when there are so many great deals from the board sponsers?
Cuz gnc is a 15 minute drive from my house...

NevrEnuf

Awards
  • Established
ok so how long would 100grams last me? Also i just want to know if anyone has taken taurine in pill form????

Rock

Awards
I'll second that. I wanted to pick up some beef liver pills quick. They were $40 at my local supplement shop and $12 + $6 shipping at Nutraplanet. I'll wait a few days to save $22.

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
I usually take about 5 grams a day, so 100grams would last me about 20 days not counting the days that I forget to take it :)

I take it to avoid back pumps and the like, so some may not take quite as much giving them a few more days of dosing. But its so cheap, why not.

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
Pill form would be a waste of money. Taurine has NO taste whatsoever. And it's unbelievably cheap in powder form.

NevrEnuf

Awards
  • Established
its only $4.99 for 500mg caps at gnc but 4 bucks for 100 grams at cnw sounds good too. Thanks for the input, and i'm gonna be using to help with back pumps as well.

tabish121

Board Supporter
Awards
Yeah, I just dump the powder into my shakes, no taste at all.

guyfromkop

Awards
it's $15 for a kilo of it at custom right now, just bought it, for that price it will last me forever

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
With pills vs. powders, you just have to weigh the cost. If you get 100 grams worth of taurine from pills and it costs you the same as 100 grams worth of free powder, then just go with the pills if you want to. There is no difference between free powder and pills unless they add filler to the pills, but that won't really affect anything.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
But try to order from sponsers whenever possible. Why not help a good, small company out instead of bloating the wallet of some over-priced behemoth like GNC?

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
I bought some Taurine powder from Custom. It had a faint taste to it.

Also the stuff gave me bad gas. I thought it could be the clen I was using or some of my other supps but when I eliminated the taurine everything was fine...

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How well does taurine work at giving you more energy? Just wondering if it gets you going. I am not very informed on taurine and wanted to know if buying a kilo would be worth it to me. I dont get back problems very often, but something thats cheap and is a good pick me up would be nice. I know most energy drinks include it along with caffeine

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
It's included in the energy drinks to help keep you from feeling jittery....

It won't directly give you more energy.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well in that case, can I take it with clen to reduce my jitterines? That would be a huge plus from these, and just some relief on deadlifts, since directly after my back kills and I have to wait for a pump to go down for a few minutes. Also I guess I could get some caffeine and stack it with this for energy and have the taurine keep it a clean feeling.