About to make my purchase of fish oil, need some advice......

bizzare_777

Awards
About to make a purchase from iherb.com, seems like they have pretty good prices on thier fish oil. I was needing your opinions on these 2 particular brands. I noticed that on some brands from iherb, there nutrition labels do not mention how much fish oil they actually have. Anyways, i just need to know which one is the better. Thanks alot! 1st selection=http://iherb.com/um3fishoillem.html 2nd selection=http://iherb.com/rxomegaliquid.html

bizzare_777

Awards
Woah!!! is that a good quality?? i've never tried fish oil caps, how many caps daily would you need to take? That's got to be the cheapest price ever!!! :D
Will someone please give me there opinion on these 2 brands?? Im about to purchase!

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
Bump for Custom's fish oil. I take 6 caps a day.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
You can't go wrong with Matt's (Custom's) stuff! I guarantee no one will get it to you faster, that's for sure.

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
Is this high quality stuff? I was looking through a thread on BB.com talking about fish oil being damaged by heat in transportation... any truth to this? I take 8 - 10 caps a day so that would save me a load of money.

bigblank69

Board Supporter
Awards
IT really hasn't been proven that caps are damaged by heat it transport. I take Now Fish Oil caps and have nothing but positive comments about it.

bizzare_777

Awards
thx for the inputs guys, but the questions is, which one of those 2 fish oil brands would be the better, does it really matter?

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
thx for the inputs guys, but the questions is, which one of those 2 fish oil brands would be the better, does it really matter?
I only see ONE brand there, so maybe you could clarify for us

Adawg

Awards
I think what he means is, and he can correct me if I'm wrong, is there a difference in quality between the iherb stuff and the custom stuff

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
sorry - guess my response got dumped.

the 'iherb' looks like an excellent product, but it's much more expensive than Custom's offering; even at 12 ed, CNW comes out to 83 days worth & 33¢ per day, w/ a dose of ~2g EPA & 1.5g DHA. iherb, OTOH, is 47 days @ 68¢ per day - and only 1.5g EPA, and half that (75mg) of DHA.

So: CNW's Fish oil will give you a substantially higher dose for twice as long, at half the price.

Case *closed*! :hammer:

PS - I've been extremely satisfied with EVERYTHING I've ever bought from CNW. Now that he has such a great deal on fish oil, my shopping is much simpler.

Hope this helps.

bizzare_777

Awards
Thx alot,,,i think i will just make my purchase from them as well. :D

Even though i dont really like havin to consume so many pills daily, but oh well, it cant be any worse then having to swallow a teaspoon of fish oil. THX!

bizzare_777

Awards
sorry - guess my response got dumped.

the 'iherb' looks like an excellent product, but it's much more expensive than Custom's offering; even at 12 ed, CNW comes out to 83 days worth & 33¢ per day, w/ a dose of ~2g EPA & 1.5g DHA. iherb, OTOH, is 47 days @ 68¢ per day - and only 1.5g EPA, and half that (75mg) of DHA.

So: CNW's Fish oil will give you a substantially higher dose for twice as long, at half the price.

Case *closed*! :hammer:

PS - I've been extremely satisfied with EVERYTHING I've ever bought from CNW. Now that he has such a great deal on fish oil, my shopping is much simpler.

Hope this helps.
Last question, lol. I went ahead and went with the Fish Oil Caps, but im wondering, do i need to take a higher dose per serving since it is in cap form vs. the amount one would take in liquid form? Some say 12 caps a day, but that would be 1cap @ 1000 mg's of fish oil, 180 mg EPA, and 120 mg's of DHA. So if i weight 180 lbs do i really need 12 caps a day to get the same amount as one would get in liquid form?

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
definitely not - you'd only need 8 to get the EPA in a spoonful of the other; you'd end up w *more* DHA that w/ the other...but that's not a bad thing.

8's not so hard to take - 2 per real-meal & 1 @ bedtime;
@ 8 ed, one 1000-cap bottle will last 125 days, bringing your daily cost down to 22¢.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
wow, didn't think it'd be much of a decision once i showed him matt's fish oil lol

RedSwan78

Board Supporter
Awards
Yup, I ordered two of those from Custom a while ago. They're AWESOME! I feel like Golum when I open the bottle, I dig my hand in and grab a handful and let them fall out between my fingers while saying "My Precious!" :D Ok, so I've only done that a few times.. lol!

I take 10 a night, all at once after I drink my shake. Not that hard to take them all at once. :)

TheMonster

Awards
Bump for Custom's fish oil. I take 6 caps a day.
Are CNW's caps enteric coated? I have only used "enteric coated" fish oil caps because I heard the regular ones provide a weird aftertaste and cause "fishy burps."

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
your body gets used to it after a week and you stop getting them.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I don't believe I've ever used enteric-coated fish oil, but I've never noticed a weird aftertaste. Fishy burps, OTOH, are just a temporary part of the territory (and no big deal).

You DO know that enteric-coated fish oil is the most expensive kind, right? The bottle I just looked at is so low-potency it would only last me 3 days @ my current dose - a month's worth would cost me $110.

or, I can take the same dose every day for 4 months for $28.

TheMonster

Awards
I don't believe I've ever used enteric-coated fish oil, but I've never noticed a weird aftertaste. Fishy burps, OTOH, are just a temporary part of the territory (and no big deal).

You DO know that enteric-coated fish oil is the most expensive kind, right? The bottle I just looked at is so low-potency it would only last me 3 days @ my current dose - a month's worth would cost me $110.

or, I can take the same dose every day for 4 months for $28.
I was never aware of the fact that your body adjusts to the "fishy burps." I was in Wal-Mart and I saw the label "New! Enteric Coated. Prevents Aftertaste and Fishy Burps" so I've been buying them ever since. I guess I am just a sucker for the marketing!