BEWARE: Strong supplement shop, read this before giving them

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SSS mishap resolved.

I’ll start by saying I worked in the supplement industry for 5 years and managed a shop myself, dealing with a lot of these brands. So I understand the business side of things very well. In addition, I’m not someone to b!tch and moan and complain about something because it doesn’t go my way... regardless this may seem ridiculous because we are talking about a $50-60 purchase, but it’s the principle.

That being said,

Strong supplement shop has to be one of the most unprofessional retailers I’ve dealt with. Plus their customer service, while polite, is scam artist esk and overall p!ss poor.

My girlfriend, having used it many times before, sought out to buy AL Lipomorph, which according to the website SSS had in stock still. The product description was that of Lipomorph, as was the supplement facts pictured and even the picture of the product. As most know, there aren’t many places that carry Antaeus, so she ordered. Well what we received was not what we thought we had paid for. The product we received was Lipomorph 2.0, which if you follow along you know does not have the baiba that the first had, a key reason why she wanted this exact product(Lipomorph V1).

Upon contacting Strong Supp Shop, we requested that they refund our money and we will send the product back due to the fact that it isn’t what we were under the impression we would receive. After, we were informed that it apparently is not their responsibility to make sure there website is up to date with manufacturers products that they sell, due to the fact that “manufacturers are constantly coming out with new versions and products”. I was blown away to say the least. We were instead offered a discount code for a future purchase, that after this experience obviously would never be made, this is just plain insulting.

With a few more exchanges of emails and refusals to their BS offers (like only being refunded for the product and not for the shipping either way) we were finally offered the only final solution, to them anyways. Which was for them was for us to pay the return shipping, and they would only refund us the product and shipping one way.

For most situations I would say this is beyond appropriate and understandable. However, in this case, we were not in the wrong whatsoever and instead of being apologetic, SSS was insulting and tried to take advantage of us. As mentioned before, customer service, while polite, is p!ss poor.

Now we’ve decided that we’d rather get some money back rather than none, so we’re going to have to bite the bullet and pay to send it back to get our refund. But we for sure will not be purchasing a dam thing from Strong Supplement Shop in the future. And I’ll make it my goal that no one else I know does either, through every outlet possible.

Just a heads up fellas. You’ve been warned.

Last edited:
musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hello K_pem,

Let me first state that I am not here to argue, I am here to explain.

With regards to Lipomorph or any product for that matter, we can only go off of the information manufacturers provide us. I am sure that in the time that you were managing your supplement shop that you didn't regularly check ingredient labels for changes, it's not practical, especially for a product that you have carried for 4 years which has never been changed.

In the case of Lipomorph, no information regarding an updated formula has been communicated to anyone, even the consumer. You can see on the Antaeus website they are still showing an older formula (with BAIBA), so they have not yet updated their website to inform the public that their product has changed.

LIPOMORPH – Antaeus Labs

It is because of situations like this that we have a disclaimer about how manufacturers change product specifications and we do our best to keep up with them but our info may not reflect the latest information.

Your girlfriend obviously made a purchasing decision based on this incorrect information which is why we are willing to offer you a full refund including shipping charges.

I am not sure how you got the impression that we were trying to take advantage of you, we were just trying to work with you through different scenarios for a possible resolution. Keep in mind that a resolution has not even been met yet, the last time you contacted us was in regards to contacting Antaeus about the formula / product.

Situations like this can happen (hence the disclaimer), and we are all about being fair. If you feel like us covering the shipping cost would make it fair assuming you definitely don't want to keep it we can do that. I will communicate this info to pro support rep that you were dealing with over email.

awatts

Awards
Hello K_pem,

With regards to Lipomorph or any product for that matter, we can only go off of the information manufacturers provide us. I am sure that in the time that you were managing your supplement shop that you didn't regularly check ingredient labels for changes, it's not practical, especially for a product that you have carried for 4 years which has never been changed.

In the case of Lipomorph, no information regarding an updated formula has been communicated to anyone, even the consumer. You can see on the Antaeus website they are still showing an older formula (with BAIBA), so they not yet updated their website to inform the public that their product has changed.

It is because of situations like this that we have a disclaimer about how manufacturers change product specifications and we do our best to keep up with them but our info may not reflect the latest information.

Your girlfriend obviously made a purchasing decision based on this incorrect information which is why we are willing to offer you a full refund including shipping charges.

I am not sure how you got the impression that we were trying to take advantage of you, we were just trying to work with you through different scenarios for a possible resolution. Keep in mind that a resolution has not even been met yet, the last time you contacted us was in regards to contacting Antaeus about the formula / product.

Situations like this can happen (hence the disclaimer), and we are all about being fair. If you feel like us covering the shipping cost would make it fair assuming you definitely don't want to keep it we can do that. I will communicate this info to pro support rep that you were dealing with over email.
Doesn't get any more professional than that.

Joepower

Joepower

Awards
Hello K_pem,

In the case of Lipomorph, no information regarding an updated formula has been communicated to anyone, even the consumer. You can see on the Antaeus website they are still showing an older formula (with BAIBA), so they not yet updated their website to inform the public that their product has changed.

I've only had positive experiences with Strong and it is because of professionalism like this that keeps me coming back.

Keep up the good work.

scump

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Doesn't literally every supplement website have that disclaimer down the bottom about ingredient profiles changing?

Taken from steak sauce
Note: Manufacturers continually change product specifications. While we try our best to keep product descriptions up to date, they do not necessarily reflect the latest information available from the manufacturer. We are not responsible for incorrect or outdated product descriptions and/or images.
I guess your super pro time in the supplement industry didn't involve this? meaning the store was probably run out of someones garage because literally every place i have ever bought from have these disclaimers.

Mate they offered you a full refund including shipping because of your (girlfriends) purchasing mistake, if anything take your beef up with AL. IMO their response seems fair and their reply in here was spot on. Think you just need to change your tampon and move on really.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The customer is always right.
I'd love to respond to this theory, rather to with a slightly more involved statement of shared responsibility on both parties of the first part, related to the notion of the factors in discussing the object of which the transactional participation was relinquished on sale then shipment of said product of transaction with which and hither to received the the alternate party therein named the recipient which is opposite the seller in meaning and therefore without thy end of satisfaction taken the survey of retail metrics, amen.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I’ll start by saying I worked in the supplement industry for 5 years and managed a shop myself, dealing with a lot of these brands. So I understand the business side of things very well. In addition, I’m not someone to b!tch and moan and complain about something because it doesn’t go my way... regardless this may seem ridiculous because we are talking about a $50-60 purchase, but it’s the principle.

That being said,

Strong supplement shop has to be one of the most unprofessional retailers I’ve dealt with. Plus their customer service, while polite, is scam artist esk and overall p!ss poor.

My girlfriend, having used it many times before, sought out to buy AL Lipomorph, which according to the website SSS had in stock still. The product description was that of Lipomorph, as was the supplement facts pictured and even the picture of the product. As most know, there aren’t many places that carry Antaeus, so she ordered. Well what we received was not what we thought we had paid for. The product we received was Lipomorph 2.0, which if you follow along you know does not have the baiba that the first had, a key reason why she wanted this exact product(Lipomorph V1).

Upon contacting Strong Supp Shop, we requested that they refund our money and we will send the product back due to the fact that it isn’t what we were under the impression we would receive. After, we were informed that it apparently is not their responsibility to make sure there website is up to date with manufacturers products that they sell, due to the fact that “manufacturers are constantly coming out with new versions and products”. I was blown away to say the least. We were instead offered a discount code for a future purchase, that after this experience obviously would never be made, this is just plain insulting.

With a few more exchanges of emails and refusals to their BS offers (like only being refunded for the product and not for the shipping either way) we were finally offered the only final solution, to them anyways. Which was for them was for us to pay the return shipping, and they would only refund us the product and shipping one way.

For most situations I would say this is beyond appropriate and understandable. However, in this case, we were not in the wrong whatsoever and instead of being apologetic, SSS was insulting and tried to take advantage of us. As mentioned before, customer service, while polite, is p!ss poor.

Now we’ve decided that we’d rather get some money back rather than none, so we’re going to have to bite the bullet and pay to send it back to get our refund. But we for sure will not be purchasing a dam thing from Strong Supplement Shop in the future. And I’ll make it my goal that no one else I know does either, through every outlet possible.

You sound like you're the girlfriend.

E J

E J

Awards
  • Established
i would never purchase from such a store. Technically saying we have a disclaimer is just plain stupid, they could disclaim anything and claim "oh well I did say X" it is a matter of customer service not fault. The question is, did you got what was advertised? the answer is NO. They should take it back without any cost to you, again it is a matter of service not fault I have had stores replace lost shipments, was it their fault, no. In this case, at least they could implenten QC and mail you beforehand that this is a different formulation and it is EASY the UPC or EAN code changes, so please, as soon as you get a new sku update your webpage that is your responsibility.

Realize that such a disclaimer could be used to scam people (not saying this is the case).

Stop hiding behind we have a disclaimer

IronTitan41

IronTitan41

Awards
I've been shopping with these guys for YEARS (since 2012?) and havent had any issues whatsoever...

They treat me with nothing but respect and are super honest and transparent about EVERYTHING on their site (they have even steered me away from making wrong choices and bad stacking decisions despite them making LESS money on the sale)

That sort of honesty is what the bodybuilding industry needs considering the fact that all the marketing and crap you see on social media is full of B.S. and lies

They keep it 100% with me and for that I will always show them my love and support.

+rep for the professionalism

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
i would never purchase from such a store. Technically saying we have a disclaimer is just plain stupid, they could disclaim anything and claim "oh well I did say X" it is a matter of customer service not fault. The question is, did you got what was advertised? the answer is NO. They should take it back without any cost to you, again it is a matter of service not fault I have had stores replace lost shipments, was it their fault, no. In this case, at least they could implenten QC and mail you beforehand that this is a different formulation and it is EASY the UPC or EAN code changes, so please, as soon as you get a new sku update your webpage that is your responsibility.

Realize that such a disclaimer could be used to scam people (not saying this is the case).

Good. They don’t need your business. Stick to GNC and your hydro cut pills

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hello K_pem,

In the case of Lipomorph, no information regarding an updated formula has been communicated to anyone, even the consumer. You can see on the Antaeus website they are still showing an older formula (with BAIBA), so they have not yet updated their website to inform the public that their product has changed.

LIPOMORPH – Antaeus Labs

Thank you. This is the kind of professionalism I was looking for. A rep for SSS has already contacted me so that we can get this cleared up. However I will say that in the original email received, there was no offer to pay return shipping costs. I obviously have every email to show this. But I feel confident that it will be made right.

As for all you bros with your smartass comments I find it hilarious. Glad I could let you keyboard warriors have your chance to put in your unwanted 2cents. You are free to move on with your unfulfilled lives.

Joepower

Joepower

Awards

You probably should have read their response before you wrote this.

IronTitan41

IronTitan41

Awards
Thank you. This is the kind of professionalism I was looking for. A rep for SSS has already contacted me so that we can get this cleared up. However I will say that in the original email received, there was no offer to pay return shipping costs. I obviously have every email to show this. But I feel confident that it will be made right.

As for all you bros with your smartass comments I find it hilarious. Glad I could let you keyboard warriors have your chance to put in your unwanted 2cents. You are free to move on with your unfulfilled lives.
next time i would maybe try contacting them over the phone and speaking with a supervisor or manager instead of having your gf contact them for you brotha... itll probably save you the time and the trouble of having the "keyboard warriors" give you crap about it on here

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Doesn't literally every supplement website have that disclaimer down the bottom about ingredient profiles changing?

Taken from steak sauce

I guess your super pro time in the supplement industry didn't involve this? meaning the store was probably run out of someones garage because literally every place i have ever bought from have these disclaimers.

Mate they offered you a full refund including shipping because of your (girlfriends) purchasing mistake, if anything take your beef up with AL. IMO their response seems fair and their reply in here was spot on. Think you just need to change your tampon and move on really.
No. Actually when product profiles changed I ensured that my employees were informed (same as with every new product we carried) of the profile changes so they could inform buyers that had been using the product for x amount of time...

Because that’s right.

Was I running a multimillion dollar store? Of course not but of the 2 storefronts I had, I didn’t view volume of sales equating to quality of experience... which is actually why I quit when the owner wanted to start pushing sarms (at insanly inflated prices) on every kid and middle aged guy that walked in because of the mark up they gave us. So he brought in a manager who was willing to sell his soul and send them on their ways with a stupid sarm stack and an otc tribulus/arimistane pct to follow it up with...

You don’t know me buddy

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
next time i would maybe try contacting them over the phone and speaking with a supervisor or manager instead of having your gf contact them for you brotha... itll probably save you the time and the trouble of having the "keyboard warriors" give you crap about it on here
That may be. But it was ultimately her purchase and her problem. I had hoped that this would draw in a rep or someone who cared, like it did (because here, it’s not just some dude complaining about god knows what to a random CS rep) that would try to go above and beyond instead of brush it under the rug and give me the run around on the phone.

I don’t feel that I was defaming them in my original post at all, nor was that the goal. All I did was explain what happened in my situation. I’m sure many here would be PO’d if they ordered one product and received another, regardless of who’s fault that is. Obviously we ordered from SSS because of their reputation on here and them being g2g. Sounds like an isolated incident.

Either way, I’ve been contacted by two different reps now and I’m sure it will be made up to me.

IronTitan41

IronTitan41

Awards
That may be. But it was ultimately her purchase and her problem. I had hoped that this would draw in a rep or someone who cared, like it did (because here, it’s not just some dude complaining about god knows what to a random CS rep) that would try to go above and beyond instead of brush it under the rug and give me the run around on the phone.

I don’t feel that I was defaming them in my original post at all, nor was that the goal. All I did was explain what happened in my situation. I’m sure many here would be PO’d if they ordered one product and received another, regardless of who’s fault that is. Obviously we ordered from SSS because of their reputation on here and them being g2g. Sounds like an isolated incident.

Either way, I’ve been contacted by two different reps now and I’m sure it will be made up to me.
Idk dude starting the thread off by saying BEWARE in all caps seems like you’re tying to make them sound as though they are running some kind of scam when they’re by far one of the most transparent and honest shops I’ve ever gone through.

Just saying; sometimes it might be better speaking to someone of higher authority over the phone in order to avoid the criticism you got from other users by posting this thread here and basically dogging them for abiding by their own policies.

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Idk dude starting the thread off by saying BEWARE in all caps seems like you’re tying to make them sound as though they are running some kind of scam when they’re by far one of the most transparent and honest shops I’ve ever gone through.

Just saying; sometimes it might be better speaking to someone of higher authority over the phone in order to avoid the criticism you got from other users by posting this thread here and basically dogging them for abiding by their own policies.
Agreed if I could get straight on the phone to someone with the most authority that could deff clear it up faster than emailing and taking my time to post. However as I said, I’m sure many people would be upset if they thought they were getting the product that’s shown on the website, then received a new diff version instead. I’m not saying that this was the nice guy way to go about it, but I wasn’t given a nice experience either lol.

Till now that is.

And I couldn’t care less about criticisms from people I don’t even know, I work in emergency medicine, I get my fair share of that daily hahhaha

IronTitan41

IronTitan41

Awards
Agreed if I could get straight on the phone to someone with the most authority that could deff clear it up faster than emailing and taking my time to post. However as I said, I’m sure many people would be upset if they thought they were getting the product that’s shown on the website, then received a new diff version instead. I’m not saying that this was the nice guy way to go about it, but I wasn’t given a nice experience either lol.

Till now that is.

And I couldn’t care less about criticisms from people I don’t even know, I work in emergency medicine, I get my fair share of that daily hahhaha
From what I read, you were basically complaining about having to pay a few bucks to send your package back to them because the formula is no longer the same?

What made that ONE ingredient so special that your lady doesn’t even want to try the new formula?

Honestly I would have saved myself the time and trouble and just paid to ship it back

Sounds like you went through quite the ordeal just to save a few bucks for shipping but hey whatever floats your boat I guess my man

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well thats what I did. I had sent the package back before even posting this so I suppose it was more of just a frustration with having to do so that fueled this.

As far as taking that product, there were other new products that she wanted to try, aside from a new version of Lipomorph, also but landed back on the Lipomorph because of past success with it, that’s all.

It was all way more trouble than it’s worth. Between the emails/posting here and driving to the post office and standing in line to pay to ship something back that we didn’t want. Had I needed it, i probably would have just kept the 2.0 to see how it faired against the old formula, but I just purchase 2bottles of VL necrosis to run. As I said though, it was the principle.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’ve purchased from them maybe 50 times. Probably more. Never had an issue

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glad to hear in the end, all is well.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I got scammed from them I only bought 2 vectors, they should have made me buy a year supply at the discount intro price. Top notch company.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I got scammed from them I only bought 2 vectors, they should have made me buy a year supply at the discount intro price. Top notch company.
If you get enough people to sign on, maybe they'll institute that discount again...
You can call it, a CLASS ACTION PRICE REDUCTION... uhm.. SUIT!

https://youtu.be/q7vtWB4owdE

HAMinTheTrap

Awards

That being said,

i second this post...

ive had similar problems with them in the past. first order i placed, never received the item. tracking was clearly indicating USPS had never received the package and they refused to refund me first hand.

after a lot of back and forth i was forced to file a chargeback with the credit card company as they were unwilling to accept their fault in the matter... which was accepted without any issues, since it was really clear it was their responsibility and i was credited back.

needless to say, i have never purchased from them again.

it sucks because they have a good array of products... and judging from the reports on this forum, they arent a scam company, but their unwillingness to take responsibility for their mistakes is just inexcusable and support just like you said, although polite, definitely rubbed me the wrong way with BS excuses and hiding behind disclaimers and whatnot

just my 2c

IronTitan41

IronTitan41

Awards
Well thats what I did. I had sent the package back before even posting this so I suppose it was more of just a frustration with having to do so that fueled this.

As far as taking that product, there were other new products that she wanted to try, aside from a new version of Lipomorph, also but landed back on the Lipomorph because of past success with it, that’s all.

It was all way more trouble than it’s worth. Between the emails/posting here and driving to the post office and standing in line to pay to ship something back that we didn’t want. Had I needed it, i probably would have just kept the 2.0 to see how it faired against the old formula, but I just purchase 2bottles of VL necrosis to run. As I said though, it was the principle.
I feel you man.

Principle is important but time is money and the amount of time you spent on this probably ended up costing you more than it ultimately saved you haha but anywho glad it was sorted out for you

JakeAntaeus

JakeAntaeus

Awards
This is entirely our fault; Strong Supplements are blameless here. We've just recently updated the Lipomorph formula but haven't yet updated the website and our marketing materials, despite getting product out to Strong. I'll make sure that everything is updated by later today.

K_pem -- I apologize for the trouble you've been put to, and would be very glad to personally refund your purchase. PM me, please. That said, in the interest of fairness, I would appreciate it if you could edit the title of this thread, as Strong Supplements are truly not at fault, and if the blame should be laid at anybody's feet, it should be laid at ours.

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is entirely our fault; Strong Supplements are blameless here. We've just recently updated the Lipomorph formula but haven't yet updated the website and our marketing materials, despite getting product out to Strong. I'll make sure that everything is updated by later today.

K_pem -- I apologize for the trouble you've been put to, and would be very glad to personally refund your purchase. PM me, please. That said, in the interest of fairness, I would appreciate it if you could edit the title of this thread, as Strong Supplements are truly not at fault, and if the blame should be laid at anybody's feet, it should be laid at ours.
Wow. Wasn’t expecting that! Quite honestly I was going to delete the title/first post all together, when it was resolved. No need to shame where something had been made right and is clearly a misunderstanding with one employee.

I appreciate your offer. PM inbound.

Thefatbloke

Awards
  • Established
I have no affiliation with SSS other than having ordered from them several times. They have always offered good value, prompt service and everything has gone as expected. I'd be happy to recommend them as a quality company based on my experiences, which given I have chosen them over local (UK) companies for certain products, should speak volumes. Thanks guys.

kadimcelik

kadimcelik

Awards
One time i had ordered R-andro shred and i recognised that they could ship it 2 weeks later. this was my fault because it was written on product's page. then i contacted SSS and ask them to change it with another product. although new one was couple of usd more, they accepted and shipped. what i can say is i have very good experiences with SSS.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for all the support guys and thanks JakeAntaeus for the update..

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

That is a class act right there. Respect

sespress

Awards
Hello K_pem,

LIPOMORPH – Antaeus Labs

That's poor to be very straightforward. That's totally **** by any other measure.

Your the retailer, YOU own the relationship with the customer And with the supplement manufacturer.

You cannot expect to be "in the right" for not checking the labels.

Just based on that response I'll never buy from you. You basically just said that if a manufacturer suddenly changes the product completely maybe even to the point where the ingredients are different maybe not even necessarily healthy for the person that's taking them anymore that you don't care that it's not your fault.

That's abysmal customer service man I cannot believe you actually responded to this complaint in that fashion you have literally sealed the deal for everybody else reading this!!!

Please go burn in insolvency.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's poor to be very straightforward. That's totally **** by any other measure.

Your the retailer, YOU own the relationship with the customer And with the supplement manufacturer.

You cannot expect to be "in the right" for not checking the labels.

Just based on that response I'll never buy from you. You basically just said that if a manufacturer suddenly changes the product completely maybe even to the point where the ingredients are different maybe not even necessarily healthy for the person that's taking them anymore that you don't care that it's not your fault.

That's abysmal customer service man I cannot believe you actually responded to this complaint in that fashion you have literally sealed the deal for everybody else reading this!!!

Please go burn in insolvency.
What were you reading?

sespress

Awards

Thank you man I cannot believe the list of response is before yours saying that their supplement shop response was nothing but professional and that's why they will continue to deal with them.

They basically just said they don't care if their relationship with the manufacturer's **** that's your responsibility to know that their pictures are wrong and it's on you at the end of the day if they send you the wrong ****.

I have literally stopped doing business with practically all of the supplement shops out there because of this kind of bull**** crap.

Just letting you all know all you manufacturers out there and all of you supplement resellers I and a lot of other people by arsh it second-hand from other individuals because we can be absolutely positive that we'll get what we want that way.

That shouldn't be a standard that is ****ing going on in this industry right now that I can expect better service from an individual reselling your products then you would give me selling them direct from the manufacturer to me.

I literally cannot believe the unbelievable pile of crap that I'm reading in this thread!!!

How many of you guys are boys with the dude responding from supp shop there and how many of you guys are actually getting paid by them? (Of those giving the glowing the disclaimer is always right response)

Come on let's get the admissions office paid responses right on this thread right now. Please recuse yourselves from further responses against the manufacturer that you are paid to support you are guys are literally destroying this industry you are literally just trying this website you are literally destroying customer faith.

How's about you higher one extra person and you read the ****ing bottle before you put it on the website huh? I also worked at a supplement shop for years we would never have let this happen. Now we didn't sell quote on quote strong supps, and we'd seen this kinda crap before ourselves from the manufacturer. We still have never let it stop is from changing the website, or giving a refund. Perhaps your not technically capable?

I'm going to drop the absolute bombshell here anybody who's reading this if this happens to you call your credit card company and have them put in a complaint with the retailer if you did not get what you were supposed to get regardless of any kind of waiver that you have agreed to on their website you are owed a refund by the credit card company for fraudulent transaction.

Now every single person that reports these guys for a fraudulent transaction it adds up against them until one day the credit card payment processor says you know what we can't take money from you anymore and then they go out of business like they ****ing should.

Oops sorry did I just give away the secret there strongsupplementshop?

sespress

Awards
You probably should have read their response before you wrote this.
Nah. I read the response and I still wrote a scathing response of my own I cannot believe that they are still stating professionally or otherwise that they have a disclaimer that means that they do not need to read the labels of what they sell you versus what they say they are selling you.

And are you absolutely ****ing kidding their response is only to save their face on this ****ing website.

I seriously can't believe this crap today I I read this all the time I'm typically lurker these last year so but seriously guys seriously? This is all goodbye you all your fine with potentially getting something that you didn't pay for it and then being told that that's on you? You're okay with having absolutely no idea of what you buys going to be what you wanted? It's your responsibility as the purchaser to call the manufacturer and try to find out what lot numbers they may have recently sold strongsupplementshop?

Christ almighty you guys are idiots. The disclaimer is quite literally there to protect them from doing their jobs and from feeling any kind of responsibility for it.

I'm going to keep putting this down here at the end if this happens to you put in a message with your credit card company if this place keeps it up they will eventually lose the ability to process all credit cards from that payment processor they may switch payment processors but they may have to switch to an overseas processor which many cards will fail with they will go out of business which is what they deserve.

Please stop defending a website that just told us that they are not responsible for making sure that you receive what it is you thought you bought.

sespress

Awards

In fact that's actually never the way you're supposed to deal with online businesses that cause you problems you should always try to bring it to public attention that something is going on.

I will not believe for one moment that he would have been treated any differently had he not reached out in a way that everyone else could read publicly.

I swear this kind of **** is happened to me so many different times from this ****ing industry and not from strongsupplementshop ever but from a lot of other places that I am going to literally respond to every single message in this thread

sespress

Awards
From what I read, you were basically complaining about having to pay a few bucks to send your package back to them because the formula is no longer the same?

What made that ONE ingredient so special that your lady doesn’t even want to try the new formula?

Honestly I would have saved myself the time and trouble and just paid to ship it back

Sounds like you went through quite the ordeal just to save a few bucks for shipping but hey whatever floats your boat I guess my man
And how much were you paid by strongsupplementshop this month my man?

sespress

Awards
You know here's my absolute last message I have never except for in the supplement industry had to deal with website selling stuff that they haven't had in stock for weeks that may not even be manufactured anymore whose ingredients have changed and where it's your fault.

I'm not going to go around listing all of them because there's probably four but they're all on this website as sponsors I don't know why they advertise for **** that they don't carry but they do I don't know why they advertise for **** that they don't carry but they do!

I get that running a supplement business is difficult there's a lot of bottles they all look the same but at the end of the day the retailer is responsible for selling you what they're saying they're selling you. How and why anyone is defending them for basically telling this man it was his fault for buying something when he couldn't have known it was different I don't get it.

So what everybody here is saying is that it's totally cool with them to be sold something they didn't buy and then to be told it's on them to pay to return it?

I had an issue with a vitamin stores a sponsor here once as well I didn't get my stuff ever they stopped responding to me with updates on when it might be back in stock and stopped responding to me when it came time to refund them.

I made several messages to them you can probably look them up I never deleted them. They reach down on this website and said they would contact me but then no one ever did. Finally I put in a complaint with my credit card company. Later that day I got a p.m. from some guy associated telling me to, in a nice way, go **** myself because I hurt his business.

If someone doesn't treat you professionally the first time make it public. Don't accept their sorry excuses get your money back. Whatever the cry story is about how hard their businesses to run tell them to **** themselves. They're the ones who decided they wanted to be in this business they're the ones who are responsible for making sure the business runs right you are not at fault you are the customer the seller is at fault.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The easiest solution is for SSS to offer free return shipping like amzn does. They gotta get in line on the new way amzn is offering customer service or they will be gone. amzn is in this to put every business out of business.

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
sespress,

We offered this customer a full refund before this thread even existed and in the second post of this thread we explained the situation and stated we would cover the return shipping if that was the route he wanted to go (we were both still waiting to hear back from the manufacturer).

I am not exactly sure why you are so upset with us. It doesn't sound like you have purchased from us before but regardless, if we have somehow offended you, my apologies, that is never our intention.

sespress

Awards
You know what that's not what he said. You didn't offer him anything valid because you don't offer to cover the shipping.

Listen I want you to tell me something and be absolutely for real with me here and if you can't be sure that is supplement formulation has changed and you don't update your website.

How is a user to know if what they are buying may contain an ingredient that they are allergic to? It's their responsibility of course to read the label. But how often do you think this kind of mistake happens were you sending somebody a different formulation than what they thought that they were receiving?

Let's be honest if the packaging is similar enough no one's going to really notice are they? Even if the difference is a letter V plus the number one versus the number two?

Now the user is taking something which looks like denicol or very close to identical to what's on your website it's actually a different formulation and now they're taking it thinking they're taking something else.

These are chemicals and vitamins and minerals that we are putting into our bodies man. The idea that it's not your your problem to check that what you get from the manufacturer is indeed what you thought you were selling on the website is fraudulent to say the least. Potentially dangerous for those that don't check on their own side regardless of how unlikely that is man the possibility exists.

You have a responsibility as a seller of dietary products and also as a sponsor of this website to make sure that you hold the responsibilities with the relationship with the manufacturer that cannot be on us.

If something gets sold wrong then you need to make it right not once it's made public but beforehand be your normal customer support channels.

Instead you guys were rely on a whole bunch of paid reps on the site to jump in and say oh man we love you so much you've never done me wrong, in order to help clear **** up and drown out the person who's got the very valid issue.

It's not that I haven't purchased from you before it's that I've had almost identical issues from half of the other side sponsored vitamin websites. If it's not the wrong thing or a different version of the thing then it's just that I don't get my **** at all. It just sounds so familiar to every other complaint that I've ever read here and it also sounds so familiar with all of the people jumping in to say how much they ****ing love you guys and how it's not your fault because it's never happened to them.

You expect people to believe that none of those dudes are paid not a single one of them are paid by you? That the whole purpose of having reps on a website like this isn't to basically watch your own ass for you? Yeah I'm sure they help you sell a little bit by doing their logs but seriously their major benefit is in a situation like what has happened here.

You got ya man's and a whole bunch of different paid reps on this site. None of us are always sure about who they are and who they're not or how many company's they're being paid by.

I don't need to have ever purchased from you to have just read this thread and seeing that you are making the responsibility of buying the correct product that is clearly pictured on your website the problem of the customers at least partially their financial responsibility to fix.

That's terrible business practices and I don't understand how it is that people are defending you for it. Even if the people that jumped on here and defended you aren't paid by you and anyway and they're just Fanboys of the website that's fine but their experience is being positive does not negate in any way the negative experience that this man felt.

I just wish you all would stop hiding behind disclaimers as well and also hiding behind crappy customer service and only making things right once they go public on a website it doesn't say good things about you guys as people. You don't care to check your own stock prior to shipping! And don't tell me that you can't because there's too much of it that means you got to hire more people and if that means you're going to be go broke that means you need to raise some prices or do something or Institute of barcode scanning policy just try to fix the problem man!

I've only been on this site for like 2 years and I've seen no less than like two dozen complaints of an almost identical nature to this one and two ones that I myself have experienced from site sponsored vendors.

I'm ****ing sick of hearing about it and I'm sick of seeing it and I'm sick of seeing all of the people jump in and tell the person complaining that they are doing something bad by complaining in a public place.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The only solution I can see is having SSS offering 50% off Vector to rectify his situation. And 50% for everyone else.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You know what that's not what he said. You didn't offer him anything valid because you don't offer to cover the shipping.

Listen I want you to tell me something and be absolutely for real with me here and if you can't be sure that is supplement formulation has changed and you don't update your website.

How is a user to know if what they are buying may contain an ingredient that they are allergic to? It's their responsibility of course to read the label. But how often do you think this kind of mistake happens were you sending somebody a different formulation than what they thought that they were receiving?

Let's be honest if the packaging is similar enough no one's going to really notice are they? Even if the difference is a letter V plus the number one versus the number two?

Now the user is taking something which looks like denicol or very close to identical to what's on your website it's actually a different formulation and now they're taking it thinking they're taking something else.

These are chemicals and vitamins and minerals that we are putting into our bodies man. The idea that it's not your your problem to check that what you get from the manufacturer is indeed what you thought you were selling on the website is fraudulent to say the least. Potentially dangerous for those that don't check on their own side regardless of how unlikely that is man the possibility exists.

You have a responsibility as a seller of dietary products and also as a sponsor of this website to make sure that you hold the responsibilities with the relationship with the manufacturer that cannot be on us.

If something gets sold wrong then you need to make it right not once it's made public but beforehand be your normal customer support channels.

Instead you guys were rely on a whole bunch of paid reps on the site to jump in and say oh man we love you so much you've never done me wrong, in order to help clear **** up and drown out the person who's got the very valid issue.

It's not that I haven't purchased from you before it's that I've had almost identical issues from half of the other side sponsored vitamin websites. If it's not the wrong thing or a different version of the thing then it's just that I don't get my **** at all. It just sounds so familiar to every other complaint that I've ever read here and it also sounds so familiar with all of the people jumping in to say how much they ****ing love you guys and how it's not your fault because it's never happened to them.

You expect people to believe that none of those dudes are paid not a single one of them are paid by you? That the whole purpose of having reps on a website like this isn't to basically watch your own ass for you? Yeah I'm sure they help you sell a little bit by doing their logs but seriously their major benefit is in a situation like what has happened here.

You got ya man's and a whole bunch of different paid reps on this site. None of us are always sure about who they are and who they're not or how many company's they're being paid by.

I don't need to have ever purchased from you to have just read this thread and seeing that you are making the responsibility of buying the correct product that is clearly pictured on your website the problem of the customers at least partially their financial responsibility to fix.

That's terrible business practices and I don't understand how it is that people are defending you for it. Even if the people that jumped on here and defended you aren't paid by you and anyway and they're just Fanboys of the website that's fine but their experience is being positive does not negate in any way the negative experience that this man felt.

I just wish you all would stop hiding behind disclaimers as well and also hiding behind crappy customer service and only making things right once they go public on a website it doesn't say good things about you guys as people. You don't care to check your own stock prior to shipping! And don't tell me that you can't because there's too much of it that means you got to hire more people and if that means you're going to be go broke that means you need to raise some prices or do something or Institute of barcode scanning policy just try to fix the problem man!

I've only been on this site for like 2 years and I've seen no less than like two dozen complaints of an almost identical nature to this one and two ones that I myself have experienced from site sponsored vendors.

I'm ****ing sick of hearing about it and I'm sick of seeing it and I'm sick of seeing all of the people jump in and tell the person complaining that they are doing something bad by complaining in a public place.
bro ain't no one got time to read your novel

bluestaffy09

bluestaffy09

Awards
I ordered from strongsupplements for the first time the other day, im from the uk and i could not believe how quick the delivery was. Cheaper than all the supp shops in the uk aswell so will 100% be ordering again. Oh and no customs fee either

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sespress,

We offered this customer a full refund before this thread even existed and in the second post of this thread we explained the situation and stated we would cover the return shipping if that was the route he wanted to go (we were both still waiting to hear back from the manufacturer).

I am not exactly sure why you are so upset with us. It doesn't sound like you have purchased from us before but regardless, if we have somehow offended you, my apologies, that is never our intention.
Not to kick this off again, but to state in my defense: No I was not offered a “full refund” before this thread existed. I initially was offered nothing other than a “it’s not our responsibility” and a coupon code, followed by being offered the coverage of ONLY the product, which then landed us to where I was when I decided to make this post, that SSS would cover the initial shipping and product but not return shipping. For an issue that is not of my fault, I had to go out of my way off to the post office, stand in line and pay return shipping to get this resolved. All the while dealing with someone who was insulting in their offers. That’s why I created this post.

Now, fast track to where we are now: you responded with your explanation and that my money will be refunded in actual full, so that I didn’t have to pay for someone else’s mistake, yours or otherwise. And Antaeus labs has been kind enough to take the blame and make me a very gracious offer.

Overall I’m happy as to where this has all been resolved. But I’m sorry to say that I don’t believe if i would not have went public that I would have received the same amount of attention from SSS. Sorry but that’s currently where I’m at based on my experience with the one customer service rep I had.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Strong is the ONLY place I order from besides Amazon. Never had a problem with them...and always carry abut 95% of the products I'm after.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Frankly blanket disclaimers suck! Retailers shouldn't hide behind these. If you advertise a product v1 which has x,y,z ingredients but send v2 which has a,b,c this is sharp practice IMO. But good to see the right thing was done in the end

Chacheeman

Chacheeman

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Lol unfortunately, this is rarely the case. But in order to save face the company has an obligation to educate their client and make things right. It's a humbling experience. I have to do this with my clients all the time lol

But SSS did a great job at making things right and being 100% professional.

The outcome did make the customer FEEL like they are number 1, and obviously right.

Sorry I had to chime in on that