Berberine

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Does anybody use this? When? What dosage? Results? I'm thinking about adding it but not sure if it's worth using as a solo ingredient.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Berberine is a common ingredient used in nutrient partitioners and GDA supplements. Berberine can be very effective in controlling insulin sensitivity and glucose transport in the body, which can help by shuttling carbs and sugar to muscle glycogen. A lot of people use berberine as a solo ingredient, but I typically get it from my GDA.

If you're interested in learning more about nutrient partitioning products and GDA's, I would recommend reading up on Slinmax. It's a very complete nutrient partitioning product that can improve insulin sensitivity and help with bloating and digestion

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Berberine can be very effective in controlling insulin sensitivity and glucose transport in the body, which can help by shuttling carbs and sugar to muscle glycogen.
I would recommend reading up on Slinmax. It's a very complete nutrient partitioning product that can improve insulin sensitivity and help with bloating and digestion
2nd in for the SlinMax recommendation. SlinMax packs a solid 200mg dose of Berberine, along with quite a few other reseach proven GDA/NP ingredients. I've used most of the GDA's/NP's on the market and SlinMax has always proven the best and most reliable. Both in feel and against my glucose monitors.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does anybody use this? When? What dosage? Results? I'm thinking about adding it but not sure if it's worth using as a solo ingredient.
Awesome GDA ingredient that is in SlinMax and some other GDA products. Here is a good article.

Humans: One study tested 36 people just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The participants were split into two groups and tested for three months. One group took Metformin, the other took berberine. The effects of berberine rivaled metformin. And berberine improved lipid metabolism at the same time.
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/tip-what-you-need-to-know-about-berberine