Top Supps for Muscle Growth/Recovery

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like the title says, what is everybody’s list of top supps for muscle growth and recovery? I’m just now getting back into the gym, hoping to shred some fat and build back some muscle. Following a keto style diet, lifting heavy weights four days a week with three days of cardio a week.

My plan is to cut for 3-4 months and shed some of this unwanted bodyfat, then focusing on recomping/lean bulking. And this is when I'm looking to add some supps in. The last time I really took supps to bulk, it was the first gen NO Xplode lol!

So far, I’m only taking Orange Triad and Orange Omega. I don’t have much money for supps right now, so I’m looking for the most effective bang for my buck.

Thanks!

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
I have personally used quite a few of the more popular products on here: Xgels, PA, Magnitropin, and a wholeeee host of others. I’ve run them all at standard doses as well as high doses. I personally didn’t notice much of anything at all from them except for a much lighter wallet. I’m currently on Nolvadren XT and FD2.0. So far it seems good but just too early to tell. I think it’s helped me lean up a bit but still a work in progress and under analysis. There’s a good deal on FD2.0 though now so it may be worth a go. Best of luck with whatever you choose. Not a natty anabolic or anything but I’ve personally had Leucine powder as an absolute staple to drive MPS for years. I pulse it between meals as the science is pretty clear on its benefits.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Oh and of course creatine. You can get bulk creatine monohydrate for real cheap. The science on that is quite conclusive as well and I would recommend adding that as a staple out of the gate

timmy8888

Awards
  • Established
To be honest adequate nutrition is best tool for recovery/muscle growth if funds are low right now. If you want to still pursue supplements you can find Eaa for buy one get one and they have been good for recovery. I also agree creatine is a cheap and useful supplement to add to your staples.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ergonine ... covers all your ergogenics
Hica, creatine, LCLT, betaine & Synerglut
Proper sleep
Adequate caloric intake

Head to PES main webpage and use code “DRIVEN” you can get 30% off tubs that are $20

Easily the best bang for your buck Driven2lift bdcc

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have personally used quite a few of the more popular products on here: Xgels, PA, Magnitropin, and a wholeeee host of others. I’ve run them all at standard doses as well as high doses. I personally didn’t notice much of anything at all from them except for a much lighter wallet. I’m currently on Nolvadren XT and FD2.0. So far it seems good but just too early to tell. I think it’s helped me lean up a bit but still a work in progress and under analysis. There’s a good deal on FD2.0 though now so it may be worth a go. Best of luck with whatever you choose. Not a natty anabolic or anything but I’ve personally had Leucine powder as an absolute staple to drive MPS for years. I pulse it between meals as the science is pretty clear on its benefits.
Thanks for the feedback! I’ve seen Nolvadren XT at a supp shop down the road... been wondering about it. Are you running a log?

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To be honest adequate nutrition is best tool for recovery/muscle growth if funds are low right now. If you want to still pursue supplements you can find Eaa for buy one get one and they have been good for recovery. I also agree creatine is a cheap and useful supplement to add to your staples.
Absolutely brother.... I concur 100%. Spending a little extra on good cuts of meat, wild caught salmon and nitrate free bacon. I will look into EAA too.

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ergonine ... covers all your ergogenics
Hica, creatine, LCLT, betaine & Synerglut
Proper sleep
Adequate caloric intake

Head to PES main webpage and use code “DRIVEN” you can get 30% off tubs that are $20

Easily the best bang for your buck Driven2lift bdcc
Thanks man! Ergonine has a very robust profile. And looks tasty AF!!!

Proper sleep... what’s that?? Lol! That is admittedly one area of my life that needs improvement. My wife works late nights, so I have the kiddo until I put her to bed. Then I hit some chores. So I’m hitting 5-6. But I know things will get better as my daughter gets older and I’ll probably squeeze in more Zssss.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks man! Ergonine has a very robust profile. And looks tasty AF!!!

Proper sleep... what’s that?? Lol! That is admittedly one area of my life that needs improvement. My wife works late nights, so I have the kiddo until I put her to bed. Then I hit some chores. So I’m hitting 5-6. But I know things will get better as my daughter gets older and I’ll probably squeeze in more Zssss.
There is your first problem
2nd would be proper intake for muscle gain.
So you should start here to make sure your diet is in check. You can't supplement a bad diet. People on this forum have a bad habit of trying to take all these powders or pills to justify a bad diet and try and find success. Which is exactly the 100% opposite. It will just be wasted money in the end

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/macronutrient-intake-for-mass-gains-qa.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/training-frequency-for-mass-gains.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/cardio-and-mass-gains.html

Philosophies, Macro intake, training , and cardio articles for you to understand and help set up what you need to do before moving forward towards more supplements or advanced workout routines.

Recovery:
Proper Sleep, Stretching, Proper programming .. and using a good ergogenic

Strength:
Proper calories, sleep, and making sure you are not overdoing volume and cardio..

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If your diet sucks don't waste money on supplements, you will be disappointed
Roger that. Diet doesn’t suck. Sleep hygiene does, but that’s an uncontrollable variable at the moment.

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is your first problem
2nd would be proper intake for muscle gain.
So you should start here to make sure your diet is in check. You can't supplement a bad diet. People on this forum have a bad habit of trying to take all these powders or pills to justify a bad diet and try and find success. Which is exactly the 100% opposite. It will just be wasted money in the end

Philosophies, Macro intake, training , and cardio articles for you to understand and help set up what you need to do before moving forward towards more supplements or advanced workout routines.

Recovery:
Proper Sleep, Stretching, Proper programming .. and using a good ergogenic

Strength:
Proper calories, sleep, and making sure you are not overdoing volume and cardio..
Thanks for the post man. Yes, I’m well aware that proper sleep hygiene is key. But it’s something I cannot control at the moment. And I’m not going to miss time with my daughter every evening to hit the gym. So I go early in the morning and I’ll just have to suck it up for a while until my wife’s schedule changes.

Thanks for the links too. Focusing on my nutrition and getting that back on track so no worries there. Don’t worry, I’m not the typical “I’m gonna buy $500 worth of supps every month and eat at McDonald’s all day kinda guy.” Hence why I’m just taking a multi and fish oil at the moment.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I try to keep it under 30 min or I get more tired, doesn't always happen tho.

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I try to keep it under 30 min or I get more tired, doesn't always happen tho.
This might be my golden ticket. Have no idea why I haven’t thought of this further.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed with the solution on his above post. Check out his links as well. Once you have your diet down and training program then invest into some supplements otherwise it will be a waste of money.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
If The Solution starts throwing around advice you better be listening he knows his stuff. The best supps for starting out and keeping it simple will be creatine and bcaa's they will help with muscle recovery to begin with

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agreed with the solution on his above post. Check out his links as well. Once you have your diet down and training program then invest into some supplements otherwise it will be a waste of money.
Ok, I clarified that I have my diet and training program down in my initial post. I don’t have the cart before the horse here. Simply asking what would be some good supps to invest in when I have some extra coin next month. I do appreciate the links provided and will continue to watch and learn from the many other knowledgeable folks here. But I wasn’t looking for “get you diet down and start training” advice.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I clarified that I have my diet and training program down in my initial post. I don’t have the cart before the horse here. Simply asking what would be some good supps to invest in when I have some extra coin next month. I do appreciate the links provided and will continue to watch and learn from the many other knowledgeable folks here. But I wasn’t looking for “get you diet down and start training” advice.
Creatine and bcaa's and good protein are good staples. Fish oil is good as well and i find a joint supp helps out alot too cause from all my years of lifting heavy, physically demanding work, wrestling, jiu-jitsu and mma my joints arent all that happy with me which is something im starting to pay more attention to as i get older, a good multivitamin is good too. Vitamin c and vitamin d as well. Those are good staples and you can get them for decent prices if you look in the right places. Thats my 2 cents. Hope it helps. Im excited for you and the gains to come! Its always nice to see guys start to pay more attention to their health and fitness. I used to be so healthy and fit it was ridiculous and then fell off for a little bit and it's frustrating how fast the gains say goodbye but its also nice how fast they come back too

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Creatine and bcaa's and good protein are good staples. Fish oil is good as well and i find a joint supp helps out alot too cause from all my years of lifting heavy, physically demanding work, wrestling, jiu-jitsu and mma my joints arent all that happy with me which is something im starting to pay more attention to as i get older, a good multivitamin is good too. Vitamin c and vitamin d as well. Those are good staples and you can get them for decent prices if you look in the right places. Thats my 2 cents. Hope it helps. Im excited for you and the gains to come! Its always nice to see guys start to pay more attention to their health and fitness. I used to be so healthy and fit it was ridiculous and then fell off for a little bit and it's frustrating how fast the gains say goodbye but its also nice how fast they come back too
Awesome man! I think I will lean more towards staples like creatine, bcaas, whey etc versus flashy stuff... at least in the beginning of the bulk to come on down the road. I'm loving Orange Triad so far... doesn't give me the burps like some of the other multis. And Orange Omega goes down ok, but I'm not sure what to expect from fish oils as I''ver never taken them before!

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The Solution LeanEngineer I'd like to clarify that I did not mean to be rude or snippy with my response to your comments earlier. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, especially considering that in just a few short weeks on AM I've witnessed you guys help countless folks.

What I meant by my intial post was that after my cut, I'd like to add some size again. So I'm probably going to cut for 3-4 months using keto... done this multiple times in the past and love it. And then once I'm in a good place, I'll switch gears and work on some size. This is an area that I am not good at... so the links The Solution provided is awesome and will no doubt help me.

So thanks again!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The Solution LeanEngineer I'd like to clarify that I did not mean to be rude or snippy with my response to your comments earlier. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, especially considering that in just a few short weeks on AM I've witnessed you guys help countless folks.

What I meant by my intial post was that after my cut, I'd like to add some size again. So I'm probably going to cut for 3-4 months using keto... done this multiple times in the past and love it. And then once I'm in a good place, I'll switch gears and work on some size. This is an area that I am not good at... so the links The Solution provided is awesome and will no doubt help me.

So thanks again!
Awesome! Hope you can pack on some lean mass after you cut. That is hard part for most.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You can take a powerful GDA to combat bad diet. I've seen some good reviews/interest in HPS Glycoshield.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As mentioned, a simple ergogenic aid (IntraMax or Erognine) plus proper diet and rest. Rest is so underrated.

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As mentioned, a simple ergogenic aid (IntraMax or Erognine) plus proper diet and rest. Rest is so underrated.
Thanks man! I’m thinking I’ll kick it off with some Ergonine and go from there.