I just can’t digest creatine. What’s wrong with me?

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
For the last year, I’ve found all the prewos or ergogenic supps I was taking were really hard on my stomach, and all of them were containing creatine HCL.

I was able to finally find it was creatine cause when I took Kaged Muscle C-HCL it gave me the exact same feeling: difficulty breathing, stomach pain, huge amount of acid in my stomach...

Since then I completely avoided creatine. Some days ago I thought “maybe it’s just the HCL version” and I tried some micronized creapure. Same thing happened.

I remember years ago taking creapure for a month and it was just fine, I’m wondering what happened to my body since then, it just gives me this super uncomfortable stomach feeling like there’s so much acid.

Yes, I’m taking enough water, yes I’m also taking carbs, no it wasn’t eccessive dosage, I just tried 3-5g every time.

I understand the benefits of creatine and years ago it really helped me, but I just can’t take it now. Anyone wanna share his opinion on the matter? Thanks.

KLL

Awards
For the last year, I’ve found all the prewos or ergogenic supps I was taking were really hard on my stomach, and all of them were containing creatine HCL.

I was able to finally find it was creatine cause when I took Kaged Muscle C-HCL it gave me the exact same feeling: difficulty breathing, stomach pain, huge amount of acid in my stomach...

Since then I completely avoided creatine. Some days ago I thought “maybe it’s just the HCL version” and I tried some micronized creapure. Same thing happened.

I remember years ago taking creapure for a month and it was just fine, I’m wondering what happened to my body since then, it just gives me this super uncomfortable stomach feeling like there’s so much acid.

Yes, I’m taking enough water, yes I’m also taking carbs, no it wasn’t eccessive dosage, I just tried 3-5g every time.

I understand the benefits of creatine and years ago it really benefitted me, but I just can’t take it now. Anyone wanna share his opinion on the matter? Thanks.
I have the same issue. Mixing it with hot water/tea/coffee helps some.

Jm88888

Jm88888

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My two cents:
-
1. Try Monohydrate
2. Try breaking up your dosages. Taking it all once does nothing.

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
My two cents:
-
1. Try Monohydrate
2. Try breaking up your dosages. Taking it all once does nothing.
You probably haven’t read the whole post. I have tried monohydrate and my dosages were extremely low.

Jm88888

Jm88888

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn’t see where you said monohydrate was used... Sorry. And 3-5g has of monohydrate are not small doses, they are standard doses...
I’m suggesting very small doses multiple times a day. Try a gram at a time maybe.
I’m just offering suggestions bro

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Serial load it, take 1 gram and another gram 30 min later.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Creapure is monohydrate.

If it bothers you that much, just give up on it. Creatine is not worth the pain it causes you and inconvenience of having to microdose throughout the day. You aren’t missing out on much.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Or take salt in place of creatine. 3g a day.
Newer research shows higher levels of sodium are associated with a lower risk of cardiovascular problems. Salt is a bigger performance enhancer than creatine. Sodium increases amino acid absorption and improves carbohydrate storage. Remember neurons from basic biology? Then hopefully you remember that every muscle in your body is fired by a chemical reaction between those neurons called the sodium potassium pump.

Jm88888

Jm88888

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used broccoli and salt today in pre. Got better pump actually

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Newer research shows higher levels of sodium are associated with a lower risk of cardiovascular problems. Salt is a bigger performance enhancer than creatine. Sodium increases amino acid absorption and improves carbohydrate storage. Remember neurons from basic biology? Then hopefully you remember that every muscle in your body is fired by a chemical reaction between those neurons called the sodium potassium pump.
Man you post some bs. Not sure if you are trolling or just potato

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No. Of course, maintaining sufficient sodium levels is beneficial for health and performance, but suggesting that supplementing with sodium in non-sodium deficient individuals is more ergogenic than creatine is off base.

Jm88888

Jm88888

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually felt a difference with the salt, look at biotest products high in sodium

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know you said your taking carbs, but have you tried waxy maize? If not, try your creatine mixed with that as your carb source. Drink it slowly pre, during, and post workout.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From the article:

“You can drink all the water you want, but if you aren't taking in enough sodium, then most of that water will go to waste...”

Lol.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would have thought micronized creatine mono would solve the issue since its broken down into smaller particles than regular creatine monohydrate although it didnt for you. .

Millennium Sport has CRE-02, which are Enteric Coated ,enteric coating may allow CRE-O2™ to completely bypass destruction & byproduct conversion in the acidic environment of the stomach, remaining intact for rapid diffusion and super charged absorption in the more alkaline environment of the small intestine. No destruction or conversion in the digestion and assimilation process means big gains without the typical creatine side effects!

Toff

Awards
  • Established
try another brand. I get the sh*ts with mono but fine with green mag

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have never been one for mono. Some people just don't have the ability to stomach it well. Try micronized first.