ethyl ester dangerous?

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
The guy that I buy my supps from[an internet store in town]Told me that the ethyl ester in cee is just as bad as drinking grain alchohol[hard on liver]And thinks it will be pulled soon.I was thinking its such a small amount that it realy wouldnt hurt but if you factor in a couple of beers, maybe acouple of advil and some of these new supps that are around it makes me a little worried.Any ideas welcome.:think:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I've been using it for 6 months and I dunt tinkit has brained my damage at owl.

I haven't seen any negative scientific data, however it seems to be off the radar of most serious researchers right now due to it's newness.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I remember hearing that it could be bad for tooth enamel, but it might have been at bb.com, so take it for what its worth.

THE GREATEST

I'm Hungry
Awards
he's probably thinking methyl is like ethyl when they are completely different

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
hey whats up with the teeth enamel, one of my teeth has been sensitive when I eat. And I have been taking cee for the last month or so. Any comments?

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
I think my liver hurts

:drunk: do a google search for ethyl ester its some scary sh#!t.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
hey whats up with the teeth enamel, one of my teeth has been sensitive when I eat. And I have been taking cee for the last month or so. Any comments?
Oh, no, I think you are dying

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Well it is very acidic, I believe I read somewhere that it was like a 2 on the pH scale and I believe that is why it is bad for your teeth.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
2? No wonder everyone's complaining about the taste. You could digest a nail with something like that (maybe not really, but damn).

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
NG

:saw: just think what that will do to your insides

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
so if you put it in your shake w/milk you should be ok.

freaky

Banned
Awards
If you're worried about your teeth you could just cap the stuff or take prepacked pills. A pH of 2 is no big deal to your stomach.

AldrichAStern

Awards
but then again people are still saying that regular creatine mono is pretty dangerous...

freaky

Banned
Awards
Creatine mono is a deadly poison. So is L-tryptophan. Didn't you know! ;)

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
yea the link is go to google search engine and look for ethyl ester [alone not with creatine]

Jay Mc

Awards
so if you put it in your shake w/milk you should be ok.
Milk is acidic also. So ....I think coke has a pH around 2.

There is no research on this stuff. There is lots of research on monohydrate. It works well and safely.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
The amount it separates to ethyl alcohol is so minimal that u should not be worried at all for this.

Even the methyl ester version that some company came up was considered quite safe due to the infinitesimal amount of alcohol produced.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
ethyl ester

To produce absolute ethanol, a small amount of benzene is added, and the mixture is again fractionally distilled. Benzene forms a trinary azeotrope with water and ethanol to remove the last of the water, and a binary azeotrope with ethanol removes most of the benzene. The resulting ethanol is water free, for processes that require it. However, several ppm of benzene remains, so consumption by humans leads to distinctive liver damage. eventhough its a small amount the point was that over time along with other things[beer,advil,other sups]Your headed for liver damage

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Milk is acidic also. So ....I think coke has a pH around 2.

There is no research on this stuff. There is lots of research on monohydrate. It works well and safely.
The pH of milk at 25° C normally varies within a relatively narrow range of 6.5 to 6.7, technically acidic but hardly so.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
?

I cant get the link to work[anyway anyone who sells the stuff isnt going to tell the truth]

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Ouch, my liver, my liver..

Intuitively, the amount of benzene or other aromatic benzyl groups in CEE has to be incredibly low...probably about as much as we normally get in our contaminated food supplies. If there are any third party COA's showing elevated levels of benzene in CEE we'd probably be hearing about it as would the FDA and a lot of trial lawyers...

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
To produce absolute ethanol, a small amount of benzene is added, and the mixture is again fractionally distilled. Benzene forms a trinary azeotrope with water and ethanol to remove the last of the water, and a binary azeotrope with ethanol removes most of the benzene. The resulting ethanol is water free, for processes that require it. However, several ppm of benzene remains, so consumption by humans leads to distinctive liver damage. eventhough its a small amount the point was that over time along with other things[beer,advil,other sups]Your headed for liver damage
I'm no chemist, but what does this have to do with CEE? You can get 190 proof (95%) ethanol without adding benzene.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
I'm no chemist, but what does this have to do with CEE? You can get 190 proof (9 5%) ethanol without adding benzene.
I think they use benzene to get the water out of it

carcinogen

Awards
I think they use benzene to get the water out of it
To make CEE you use 200 proof anhydrous ethanol, creatine and purge with HCl gas
(this is the easiet way). The CEE precipiates as HCl salt and is wash with EtOH and dried.
They do not add benzene to the acutal reaction. And if food grade ethanol is used benzene
is not an issue.

And besides, using benzene to make 200 proof EtOH is not employed as much you think.
Companies use other techniques due to the regulation of benzene (at least in the states).