Longjack

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've heard some stuff about eurycoma longifolia. Its been studied as an aphrodisiac by one Chinese scientist. The only studies that exist that have any relevance to increase in hormones are by him. There is very little research about it, and none showing it can boost testosterone. Biotest and some others are now working on their own formula with this stuff in it.

Evaluation of the potency activity of aphrodisiac in Eurycoma longifolia Jack.

Ang HH, Ikeda S, Gan EK.

School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University Science Malaysia, Minden, 11800, Penang, Malaysia. [email protected]

The butanol, methanol, water and chloroform extracts of the roots of Eurycoma longifolia Jack were studied using various tests of potency of treated male rats. The results showed that E. longifolia produced a dose-dependent, recurrent and significant increase in the episodes of penile reflexes as evidenced by increases in quick flips, long flips and erections of the treated male rats during the 30 min observation period. These results provide further evidence that E. longifolia increases the aphrodisiac potency activity in treated animals. Copyright 2001 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.

Effects of Eurycoma longifolia Jack (Tongkat Ali) on the initiation of sexual performance of inexperienced castrated male rats.

Ang HH, Cheang HS, Yusof AP.

School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University Science Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia.

We studied the effects of Eurycoma longifolia Jack, commonly known as Tongkat Ali in Malaysia, on the initiation of sexual performance and the weights of sexual accessories in inexperienced castrated male rats. The doses of 200, 400 and 800 mg/kg body weight, which were extracted from E. longifolia Jack, were orally administered to the rats twice daily for 10 days prior to the tests and continued throughout the test period. Testosterone was used as a positive control after injecting 15 mg/kg daily subcutaneously for 32 days. Results showed that E. longifolia Jack produced a dose-dependent increase in sexual performance of the treated animals, but the E. longifolia Jack groups showed lower sexual performance in mounting, intromission and ejaculation than the testosterone group. Further results also showed that E. longifolia Jack promoted the growth of both ventral prostate and seminal vesicles as compared with the control, but the growth of sexual accessories at 800 mg/kg of butanol, methanol, water and chloroform fractions of E. longifolia Jack was less than that of testosterone treated group. The present study therefore gives further evidence of the folkuse of E. longifolia as an aphrodisiac.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thats a weird study. They measured arm circumfrence and DHEA levels, but not testosterone levels? Or at least they didn't tell you what they were...

Could be they were lowered! Sounds like it might have some potential as a post cycle supp, but hard to say.

Let us know how it works for you.

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
SHBG analysis showed that levels were reduced in 36% of the cases after one week. The reduction went up to 66% after 3 weeks. This suggests that the extract could have an effect on the production of SHBG. (Reduction in SHBG indicates less protein to bind with androgen and therefore more free androgen for use by organs.)

Now that part is interesting and might be useful for while being "on".

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been in contact with them and asked about the oral bioavailabiility and the size of the molecules. I guess the scientists themselves are not available as it's a holiday in Malaysia but they did say that it absorbed into the skin while handling and the extract is 99% water soluble....

IronVikng I was thinking of starting it the second half of my cycle but if I could take it during then oxo afterwards.....

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
I was thinking of starting it precycle that way SHBG would be lower and you could start off with more free test. Any other thoughts out there.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bump what do you guys think.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I am going to give it a try along with a friend we are both good subjects, me because I've done a couple of cycles of 1test and have something I can gauge with as far as effectiveness, I'm cutting right now and he is not so we can compare he two situations. I am going to start with 200 mg a day of he LJ100 powder 50 in my morning shake 50 in my bedtime and 25 sublingually 4 times 15 minutes b4 meals. We should know one way or another in about 2 weeks as this is twice the dose the test subjects took. We'll start this weekend.

dez/null

Awards
another fake supp...claiming to be a magic bullet...move on.

GuyinLA

Awards
Well I am going to give it a try along with a friend we are both good subjects, me because I've done a couple of cycles of 1test and have something I can gauge with as far as effectiveness, I'm cutting right now and he is not so we can compare he two situations. I am going to start with 200 mg a day of he LJ100 powder 50 in my morning shake 50 in my bedtime and 25 sublingually 4 times 15 minutes b4 meals. We should know one way or another in about 2 weeks as this is twice the dose the test subjects took. We'll start this weekend.
Please keep us posted on your results. It appears to me that the supplement as untested but that doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't work.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Will do, there are tests but they seemt to leave some gaps in logic so lets do a practical one with two people who know what they are doing. You guys know I'm a bit of a skeptic so that makes me a good test subject. My partner is also skeptical.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Started yesterday, 4 X 25mg sublingual 2 X 50mg in my shakes. Stuff is god awful tasting, I almost hurled. Seems to be some kind of stimulation after taking it. They didn't lie about it being highly water soluble, it disolves very well.

I can't say if it did anything for my libido as my natural test is very high at the moment having recovered very well from my last cycle, 6oxo did the trick. So, far nothing to report, I'll mention it if I have any positive results otherwise just assume I'm gagging on this **** for nothing and that I"m an idiot, lol. It's a tough job but somebody has to do it.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established

Swifto

Awards
actually it works.
Please show me something that proves Lj100 raises total testosterone?

A study that hasnt been done by a manufacturer, or patent holder. Something thats published on pubmed/medline, as I've never seen anything at all.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow talk about going into the achives, I started this post in 2003. Oh and it did nothing for me whatsoever.

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
Wow talk about going into the achives, I started this post in 2003. Oh and it did nothing for me whatsoever.
knowledge is what seperates us...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think I was the first one to try this stuff from anabolicminds, it was a nasty green powder I did sublinguilly. Nobody from here had ever heard from it back then. Now I see it cropping up in various products, could be better extracts now.