DAA Consensus Opinion From this Forum

ProAnabolics4

Awards
Since I trust this forum, what's your take on DAA? Good, bad, indifferent?

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anecdotally I've felt that it boosts my strength which a lot of test boosting supps do. However there's research saying habitual use suppresses test and may cause testicular shrinkage (above 3gs per day) so I've stopped using it.
In for more info

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pretty good nootropic and can be beneficial for test boosting during pct (either shutdown and very low test levels)

If you have average test levels it won’t do much for you. I am personally a fan of the ingredient as long as it’s used with those two things in mind. What are you using it for?

ProAnabolics4

Awards
Overall just a libido stack, specifically geared towards shortening refraction time as on the first round I'm good. I like to shorten recovery time and am planning on using K1ngs and DAA for this. Along with fish oil and multi

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've had a good run with Olympus Labs' Sup3r-PCT which uses DAA as it's base for it's Testosterone Enhancement Matrix.

ProAnabolics4

Awards
I've gotten away from the forum for a bit, but appreciate the responses. I used the search on lunch and got some great info, but it's nice to get specific responses to this topic also. Much appreciated. I miss the CEL H drol days.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it's garbage that only serves to cause bad headaches.

niklasericson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like DAA but I'am only using it in PCT, twelve days and twelve days off.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Never saw much except stomach issues from DAA.

Products like Alphamax and M-Test provide better benefits for me. Libido, sleep, aggression, etc all improved. Obviously nothing like a PH like the hdrol you mentioned.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it's garbage that only serves to cause bad headaches.
You are correct, it is pure unadulterated garbage. Been shown in studies to REDUCE free testosterone. Anyone that says they get anything off of it, is just placebo.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4384294/

Results

D-aspartic acid supplementation revealed no main effect for group in: estradiol; sex-hormone-binding-globulin; and albumin. Total testosterone was significantly reduced in D6 (P = 0.03). Analysis of free testosterone showed that D6 was significantly reduced as compared to D0 (P = 0.005), but not significantly different to D3. Analysis did not reveal any significant differences between D3 and D0. No significant correlation between initial total testosterone levels and responsiveness to d-aspartic acid was observed (r = 0.10, P = 0.70).

Conclusions

The present study demonstrated that a daily dose of six grams of d-aspartic acid decreased levels of total testosterone and free testosterone (D6), without any concurrent change in other hormones measured. Three grams of d-aspartic acid had no significant effect on either testosterone markers. It is currently unknown what effect this reduction in testosterone will have on strength and hypertrophy gains.

Stanfoo

Awards
^^ damn is that really the truth? was plannin on running DAA as i've quite low test, thought it would be beneficial with all the hype

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've heard that as well that DAA doesn't do much. I've used it in pct a few times before and felt like it helped though.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very fond of DAA mainly in a PCT situation. I've personally had very good results helping get that test back after some pretty hefty cycles. Definitely along side a serm but I really have noticed the difference between my pcts with and without DAA.

Just to add before I ever ran anything hormonal I did feel I saw some benefit from DAA as well but it would be hard to gauge as it was always ran alongside other products and very well could have been just the fact I was using something. Or in other words may have been placebo.

HAMinTheTrap

Awards
Not sure about the forum, but i've heard from doctors, that are in the sports/endurance area that it doesnt do anything for testosterone.

In fact, it reduces it if super dosed at 6g, double the dosage found on supplements (possibly due to hypophysis negative feedback). The only place it increased test were in animal studies with rats.

According to them there is even systematic review of studies and the conclusion is that there is no proof that it works on humans.

That said... you still find a bunch of anecdotal evidence claiming positive results around the web...

Id rather believe the studies than opinions on the web though

bonbon

bonbon

Awards
I like it. Taking 3g natrium bonded DAA before sleep with low dose 6bromo. Positive effect on sleep quality.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
DAA is crap. All "natural test booster" are crap. They do not work.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DAA is crap. All "natural test booster" are crap. They do not work.
I agree that DAA is essentially useless in people with normal testosterone levels. As for all “natural test boosters” being “crap,” could you elaborate on that? True, no natural test booster is going to increase your testosterone to supraphysiological levels, but many ingredients in quality products like AlphaMax XT, M-Test, etc. have been shown to provide various benefits, ranging from improved libido, reduced stress and anxiety, increased endurance, improved body composition and strength, etc. I’m talking about ingredients like ashwagandha, tongkat ali, and forskolin. Of course, they won’t be anywhere near the magnitude of AAS/PH/etc, but they can still provide some nice, safe benefits, you just have to have realistic expectations.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree that DAA is essentially useless in people with normal testosterone levels. As for all “natural test boosters” being “crap,” could you elaborate on that? True, no natural test booster is going to increase your testosterone to supraphysiological levels, but many ingredients in quality products like AlphaMax XT, M-Test, etc. have been shown to provide various benefits, ranging from improved libido, reduced stress and anxiety, increased endurance, improved body composition and strength, etc. I’m talking about ingredients like ashwagandha, tongkat ali, and forskolin. Of course, they won’t be anywhere near the magnitude of AAS/PH/etc, but they can still provide some nice, safe benefits, you just have to have realistic expectations.
Definitely feel it's beneficial in a man who is in PCT or a low natural test situation and will continue to use it for my pcts in the future. Especially when you can find it so cheap now.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely feel it's beneficial in a man who is in PCT or a low natural test situation and will continue to use it for my pcts in the future. Especially when you can find it so cheap now.
Yeah, it may be beneficial for people with low-T for whatever reason, perhaps including PCT.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
I am 50 years old and DAA increases my libido and strength. I think it works if your an old person lol; otherwise it seems to be useless.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am 50 years old and DAA increases my libido and strength. I think it works if your an old person lol; otherwise it seems to be useless.
That makes enough sense; testosterone levels do tend to decrease with age, and bringing them up to a more normal level may be possible.

determination

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DAA does nothing except create digestive issues for me. I try to avoid supplements that include it.