Energy drinks during cycle

K3flex

K3flex

Awards
Getting prepped for my first cycle and I read something about cutting back on stims during cycle. I'm an energy drink junky, I'll typically drink 2 a day and take reactr for my preworkout. I know, already bad, but I'd like to know what I need to cut out while on cycle and why. I would assume it has something to do with blood pressure. I appreciate any insight!

Laxarcher13

Laxarcher13

Awards
I just started something as well, I take dmaa liquid and mix it with my preworkouts. Back in the day when I took mk677 I didn’t run any type of problems. What I can tell you is that all the stims affect my appetite Wich is very important to have for a cycle.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Getting prepped for my first cycle and I read something about cutting back on stims during cycle. I'm an energy drink junky, I'll typically drink 2 a day and take reactr for my preworkout. I know, already bad, but I'd like to know what I need to cut out while on cycle and why. I would assume it has something to do with blood pressure. I appreciate any insight!
Just check your blood pressure. If it’s high, chill out on them. If not, I see no real issue.

I don’t have problems with blood pressure but I regularly drink coffee in the morning, rockstar ZERO at lunch and pre workout 200-400mg caffeine

K3flex

K3flex

Awards
Exactly what are you running a cycle of? If its a PH then i would recommend against it as most phs will elevate your BP anyways
Oh yeah, it's my first PH cycle. Still deciding on which route Im going to go. Probably will end up doing a cycle of havoc. Cost effective and I've read 30mg is a good first ride.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh yeah, it's my first PH cycle. Still deciding on which route Im going to go. Probably will end up doing a cycle of havoc. Cost effective and I've read 30mg is a good first ride.
yea stay off the stims then. I hop you are running proper supporting supps during the cycle and a PCT?? PM me if you like

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you don't have a cycle support supp I would check out CEL cycle assist and for pct you'll want to pick up some nolva or clomid.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
It's mostly said because of rise in blood pressure. This is why taking hawthorn berry extract, celery seed extract, epicatechin, etc. can be beneficial on cycle.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The main issue would be the amount of stims. If you have an issue with BP I would avoid energy drinks.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
So I am confused-the day after you posted this, you spoke of your pre-existing gyno getting worse from running Liganadrol without a PCT (in another thread you started)

I am really hoping that you are not running of running whatever PH cycle you had planned-because that would be extremely ill-advised

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stay off that chet.

http://bigthink.com/21st-century-spirituality/energy-drinks-and-junk-food-are-destroying-teenage-brain-development

The study on energy drinks, led by Christine Curran and Cecile Marczinsk at Northern Kentucky University, focuses on the deleterious effects of another form of junk food, heavy in caffeine and taurine. Alcohol is also implicated in this research, as energy drinks are especially popular mixers. This projected $60 billion global industry troubles the authors, given the insidious mixture of caffeine and taurine:

The data suggest that age is an important factor in both caffeine and taurine toxicity. Although the aged or diseased brain might benefit from taurine or caffeine supplementation, it appears that adolescents are not likely to benefit from supplementation and may, in fact, suffer ill effects from chronic ingestion of high doses.

Since energy drinks are sold as food supplements, companies are not required to list caffeine levels. While caffeine toxicity is not often discussed—45 percent of all reported cases occur in children or teens—Curran and Marczinsk note caffeine levels per energy drink range from a relatively safe 50 mg to a whopping 505 mg. One energy drink has the potential to push 70 percent of children and 40 percent of teens above adverse effect levels, considered to be 3 mg/kg/day.

Caffeine can increase blood pressure and heart rate; when combined with the amino acid taurine the likelihood that this happens increases. Using research on mice, the authors share the cognitive problems this combination presents. While they acknowledge that caffeine does indeed have positive cognitive effects in adults, they conclude:

[T]he developing brain is uniquely sensitive to caffeine’s effects through early adulthood, and fatigue in a developing child is an indicator for the need to rest and not an indication for need for caffeine administration.

K3flex

K3flex

Awards
So I am confused-the day after you posted this, you spoke of your pre-existing gyno getting worse from running Liganadrol without a PCT (in another thread you started)

I am really hoping that you are not running of running whatever PH cycle you had planned-because that would be extremely ill-advised
What's confusing? I'm definitely planning on running every cycle I've talked about. Why would you I'll advise it?

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
What's confusing? I'm definitely planning on running every cycle I've talked about. Why would you I'll advise it?
Because you already damaged your body by your own admission by running a cycle without proper preparation and now you are doing the same again without addressing your underlying problems.

K3flex

K3flex

Awards
Because you already damaged your body by your own admission by running a cycle without proper preparation and now you are doing the same again without addressing your underlying problems.
I appreciate your concern, I really do but you have no idea if I'm doing the same again without addressing my 'underlying problems'. If you're really that concerned about my well being, perhaps you should look back on ALL of my posts and you'll find I have addressed it. I don't know how much preparation you put into something, but I would say I'll probably do my first PH cycle within the next six months and I'm sure you'll see a many more ignorant looking posts from me searching for information. Like I said though, I do appreciate your concern and any insight you have that can help mitigate any issues I inquire about.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate your concern, I really do but you have no idea if I'm doing the same again without addressing my 'underlying problems'. If you're really that concerned about my well being, perhaps you should look back on ALL of my posts and you'll find I have addressed it. I don't know how much preparation you put into something, but I would say I'll probably do my first PH cycle within the next six months and I'm sure you'll see a many more ignorant looking posts from me searching for information. Like I said though, I do appreciate your concern and any insight you have that can help mitigate any issues I inquire about.
Since you asked, I put a great deal of preparation into everything I do.
Based off of your other posts, you have not. You took a substance (Liganadrol) that you feel exacerbated your pre-existing gyno -especially because you didn’t prepare enough to plan a PCT.

You received good advice on clearing up gyno-do that, THEN
and only then should you think of taking anything with a risk of increasing your problems (research rebound gyno from Havoc-it is a real concern)

K3flex

K3flex

Awards
Since you asked, I put a great deal of preparation into everything I do.
Based off of your other posts, you have not. You took a substance (Liganadrol) that you feel exacerbated your pre-existing gyno -especially because you didn’t prepare enough to plan a PCT.

You received good advice on clearing up gyno-do that, THEN
and only then should you think of taking anything with a risk of increasing your problems (research rebound gyno from Havoc-it is a real concern)
There you go with your assumptions again. You really should read my other posts, like I recommended before. I was told incorrectly by guys just like you, who said they knew what they were talking about, that I did not need a PCT. So, yes I did prepare to the best of my ability at the time for the LGD. So again, I appreciate your concern and I appreciate your sound advice of taking care of the gyno first lol

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
There you go with your assumptions again. You really should read my other posts, like I recommended before. I was told incorrectly by guys just like you, who said they knew what they were talking about, that I did not need a PCT. So, yes I did prepare to the best of my ability at the time for the LGD. So again, I appreciate your concern and I appreciate your sound advice of taking care of the gyno first lol
Good luck

Hope your “research” is more effective this time.

All I have to leave you with is-is it really worth it?
You’ve been burned once, no matter how careful you are, PH’s carry serious risks of lasting hormonal damage.

If it were me, I’d just focus on fixing my earlier mistakes and not run the risk of repeating them. Unless your livelihood depends on gaining some LBM, screwing with your HPTA isn’t worth it.
I jacked mine through too many years of sleeping too little and working myself to the bone (didn’t need to put exogenous hormones and hormone modulators into my system to screw it up). I wish I had a functioning HPTA again. Don’t waste yours chasing vanity

K3flex

K3flex

Awards
Good luck

Hope your “research” is more effective this time.

All I have to leave you with is-is it really worth it?
You’ve been burned once, no matter how careful you are, PH’s carry serious risks of lasting hormonal damage.

If it were me, I’d just focus on fixing my earlier mistakes and not run the risk of repeating them. Unless your livelihood depends on gaining some LBM, screwing with your HPTA isn’t worth it.
I jacked mine through too many years of sleeping too little and working myself to the bone (didn’t need to put exogenous hormones and hormone modulators into my system to screw it up). I wish I had a functioning HPTA again. Don’t waste yours chasing vanity
Smfh can you not read? Dear God

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like others have stated, watch your blood pressure. If already have a higher blood pressure, I would avoid stims all together while on cycle. If you blood pressure is normal, I would watch it, maybe buy a monitor. I would also limit yourself to one per day instead of two. Try to prioritize sleep so you do not need as much caffeine. Also, look out for symptoms such as dizziness and even nose bleeds.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Smfh can you not read? Dear God
Let me make this really simple for you (because you seem to have trouble reading things you don’t want to hear)

1) energy drinks on cycle should be low on your list of concerns. Yes, blood pressure might be an issue if you run high, so watch that

2) of infinitely higher concern is the damage you could do to your HPTA, even with a well laid out PCT.

3) #2 is an even larger concern in my eyes because you already messed up your body by taking some bro’s advice and going without a PCT on your last cycle

4) even ignoring #3, you are prone to gyno by your own admission, which would make me leery of risking more problems for a couple pounds (at best) of LBM

But whatever, God be with you

K3flex

K3flex

Awards
Let me make this really simple for you (because you seem to have trouble reading things you don’t want to hear)

1) energy drinks on cycle should be low on your list of concerns. Yes, blood pressure might be an issue if you run high, so watch that

2) of infinitely higher concern is the damage you could do to your HPTA, even with a well laid out PCT.

3) #2 is an even larger concern in my eyes because you already messed up your body by taking some bro’s advice and going without a PCT on your last cycle

4) even ignoring #3, you are prone to gyno by your own admission, which would make me leery of risking more problems for a couple pounds (at best) of LBM

But whatever, God be with you
I have no trouble reading anything bud. You have an issue with assumptions. You have no idea if I've messed my body up or not. You have not seen blood work, and you have no idea my personal experience. You make yourself sound like an idiot with statements like that dude. My body is fine, but I appreciate your worry. You sound very knowledgeable.