Fish Oil Burps

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Do you still get these nasty burps with the powder or does it help in that regard? Seems no matter how I take fish oil I end up getting the burps for a while, and it's just frigging nasty.

Redspy

Board Supporter
Awards
Have you tried the enteric coated softgels? They work for me.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried the enteric coated softgels? They work for me.
No idea what that is, but I'll look for it. Is it the softgel that causes the burps or the oil though? I figured it was the oil, and I've never had a bad reaction to anything capsule or softgel in the past.

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i just take all my supps before sleep....when i wake up im not burping up any fish, garlic or whatever.....

Redspy

Board Supporter
Awards
No idea what that is, but I'll look for it. Is it the softgel that causes the burps or the oil though? I figured it was the oil, and I've never had a bad reaction to anything capsule or softgel in the past.
The enteric coating leaves the capsule intact as it passes through the stomach, it's broken don't in the small intestine.

It's unlikely the softgel causes burps IMO, it's the fish oil.

Last edited:

tabish121

Board Supporter
Awards
Maybe if you ask Stryder Nicely he can get some coated caps at NutraPlanet. I used to get those fishy tasting burps too, but over time I just don't seem to have them anymore.

Malek256

Awards
Store the capsules in your freezer. Pop them frozen. No more burping.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Different brands seem to cause that for me. Cheap deal like at walmart or Costco do tend to make be burp all fishy. I've been having good luck with NOW brand's fish oil caps.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I love Carlsons fish oil liquid. The stuff is lemon flavored and so tasty!!

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Store the capsules in your freezer. Pop them frozen. No more burping.
I'm going to do that with what's left of my current bottle. When it's time to buy again I'm gonna go for the different capsules and freeze them. That should take care of the problem.

greenside

Awards
I love the fish oil burps...it lets you know they are working:trout:

D-termine

D-termine

Awards
how many are you taking at a time? i have cut down to 3-4 times daily at 2 caps per serving. get no burps with that. i would imagine it is better suited spread throughout the day anyhow. if you like to take alot at once, take them before bed, prob solved.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
how many are you taking at a time? i have cut down to 3-4 times daily at 2 caps per serving. get no burps with that. i would imagine it is better suited spread throughout the day anyhow. if you like to take alot at once, take them before bed, prob solved.
I was spreading them throughout the day. Now I just down six tabs before bed and I'm fine.

bigfatty

Awards
On enteric caps - I've used Nature's Way Fisol without any burping problems. That's the only brand I've found so far. Any other enteric coated brands out there?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I buy mine from Sam's Club. The non coated fish caps are 7 bucks for 300. They also have the coated variety which is like (off the top of my head) 12 bucks for 200 caps. Not worth the price in my opinion. The fish aftertaste should go away after a week or two. If not, suck it up.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I buy mine from Sam's Club. The non coated fish caps are 7 bucks for 300. They also have the coated variety which is like (off the top of my head) 12 bucks for 200 caps. Not worth the price in my opinion. The fish aftertaste should go away after a week or two. If not, suck it up.
Sam's Club for the win again!!!