Two hour energy boost?

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Due to my schedule I generally work out in the evenings from 7 to 8 or 9. I cant take stims that late or I dont sleep at all. I am looking for a suppement or stack of supplmenets that would provide a 2 to 4 hour energy boost but wear off in time for a good night sleep. Any suggestions? I read about alcar, sibutramine etc would appreciate any thoughts. Perhaps there are others of you that work out late and have the magic answer.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
bump.............anyone have any thought on this?

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
thanks Bow I will look into that.....I am guessing maybe custom carries it?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure Lyle McDonald (UD2) reccommends tyrosine preworkout if you are working out at night. Depending on how long before bed it is and your own sensitivity you may be able to throw some caffeine in their too.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Tyrosine is good for a mild 2-4 hour boost. Maybe a packet or two of Emergen C with it would perk you up a little. I work out at night as well so I tend to avoid caffiene.

FunkMasterFlex

Awards
how do you respond to Alcar...realistically it does some good things hormonally at night, but alot of ppl cant sleep on it. I personally use stims anyway and take 3 mg melatonin to bring me back down and sleep.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
thanks Bow I will look into that.....I am guessing maybe custom carries it?

Buy the Y-hcl powder bulk and mix in a 80/20 solution of DI water and PEG-400 respectively.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
ALCAR keeps me awake at night. I only take it in the AM.

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
2g tyrosine and 800mg ALCAR. Dosing this much ALCAR ~3-4hrs before bed actually HELPS sleep. It sounds crazy but I use it, and I sleep like a baby and wake up feeling great. There is a thread in the avant labs feedback section called ALCAR and theanine decreases sleep needs, or something like that. If you read the whole thread you find you only really need the ALCAR.

Carl Hungus

Carl Hungus

Awards
I've used Neurostim+C and don't have trouble sleeping, usually about an hour postworkout.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thank you all for the replies I really apprciate it. I will give all of these a try and see what works best for me.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
There is a thread in the avant labs feedback section called ALCAR and theanine decreases sleep needs, or something like that. If you read the whole thread you find you only really need the ALCAR.
Got a link? I can't find it anywhere. :sad:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
ALCAR is supposed to reduce the desire for and need for sleep..basically it's supposed to allow you to function better on fewer hours of sleep. I can't really say that it has that effect on me and I have experimented with it before bed..didn't go too well. I was awake a lot and when I slept my mind was still pretty active so I only dozed restlessly.

Take home message..it effects people's brain chemistry differently. I've also heard lots of good things about it enhancing sleep for people..I'm just not one of them unfortunately.

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How long pre bed did you take it bio man? and how much?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Only about a gram about 2 hours before bed if I recall. Just sensitive to it I guess. Might work if you take melatonin or theanine with it..haven't tried that. All in all I really like it as an AM pickmeup and WO booster. I don't have too many sleep issues.