Na-r-ala post workout

itayb123

Awards
Hey guys..

Consider I am training first thing in the morning and my main carb containing meal is post workout can I take my daily 300mg na-r-ala post workout or it will reduce my gains..

Another small carb containing meal is pre bed.. Should I take the dosage with it?

Need your help.. Thanks!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I personally would go pre bed. After a workout your body should be putting those carbs to good use.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Like said above I would agree with the pre bed dosage. I think that will be the optimal time to take it.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Would it affect his gains?

I've been following a thread where it's been suggested ala might reduce glycogen synthesis. I'll disregard that thread for this question, and atm it's inconclusive

I've been taking ala post-workout to help keep me fat burning, what are your opinions on this?

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I would suggest post workout. It's great to take it with carbohydrates from everything I know

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There was an insulin debate on RXMuscle with Milos Sarcev https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pim-cYZrHzo

Could this apply to insulin mimetics? I think so

Some say post training isnt needed bc glycogen is low from training and thats plenty for the protein , carbs, aminos, etc to absorb better.

I ve experimented a lot with NA-R-ALA. Ive taken 500 mgs post training with simple sugars, whey, creatine. Ive taken it with four meals a day. First meal, pre training, post training and another meal. Ive even tried it before bed, it seemed to make me hungrier which can effect sleep obviously. Layne Nortons published some stuff he may have found on Lipoic Acid https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne25.htm

Now I just take ALA for a health supplement , first thing in the morning, or if I forget to take it first thing, at another time during the day.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Using a GDA post workout isn't the most optimal time IMO. Your body is already primed to uptake nutrients and use carbs to replenish glycogen, so adding in na-r-ala with your post workout meal wouldn't be the best use of it. I would save it for another time, like before bed as mentioned above.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Using a GDA post workout isn't the most optimal time IMO. Your body is already primed to uptake nutrients and use carbs to replenish glycogen, so adding in na-r-ala with your post workout meal wouldn't be the best use of it. I would save it for another time, like before bed as mentioned above.
I dont think its a big deal to take it before bed. You can try and see if it works for you. Have you had any success taking it pre bed where it made quite a difference?

As stated above in my experience it just made me hungry and low blood sugar feeling

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I dont think its a big deal to take it before bed. You can try and see if it works for you. Have you had any success taking it pre bed where it made quite a difference?

As stated above in my experience it just made me hungry and low blood sugar feeling
I feel like I get better sleep when I use a GDA before bed. Maybe not na-r-ala specifically, but I notice that I sleep better and wake up looking dryer when I use Slinmax pre bed. It also depends on what you typically eat before bed too; but I've never felt hunger from using a GDA before sleep. Ideally I would use na-r-ala with higher carb meals, but not immediately post workout as I feel it would be overkill

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel like I get better sleep when I use a GDA before bed. Maybe not na-r-ala specifically, but I notice that I sleep better and wake up looking dryer when I use Slinmax pre bed. It also depends on what you typically eat before bed too; but I've never felt hunger from using a GDA before sleep. Ideally I would use na-r-ala with higher carb meals, but not immediately post workout as I feel it would be overkill
Hows your waist looking currently? what do you eat pre bed with a gda? I've got some lipoic acid I could try with a protein and fat meal, before bed. would that work? since I take it anyways.

I generally eat carbs earlier in the day and protein and fat last couple or few meals meals . Im wanting to tighten up a bit myself as i'm doing much better than previous years keeping my waist tighter, I like challenging myself to look my best and a tighter waist obviously looks better

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
GLUT4 receptors are already produced in the muscle following a workout for glucose disposal, so go ahead and take it pre-bed meal as others have suggested.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There was an insulin debate on RXMuscle with Milos Sarcev https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pim-cYZrHzo

Could this apply to insulin mimetics? I think so

Some say post training isnt needed bc glycogen is low from training and thats plenty for the protein , carbs, aminos, etc to absorb better.

I ve experimented a lot with NA-R-ALA. Ive taken 500 mgs post training with simple sugars, whey, creatine. Ive taken it with four meals a day. First meal, pre training, post training and another meal. Ive even tried it before bed, it seemed to make me hungrier which can effect sleep obviously. Layne Nortons published some stuff he may have found on Lipoic Acid https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne25.htm

Now I just take ALA for a health supplement , first thing in the morning, or if I forget to take it first thing, at another time during the day.
Yep, I get hungry from some GDA's prebed, especially since I stop eating calories around 730pm and dont' go to bed until 1130ish pm

I do wake up looking leaner but that look happens anyway and as soon as you eat or drink anything, that illusion goes away quickly

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep, I get hungry from some GDA's prebed, especially since I stop eating calories around 730pm and dont' go to bed until 1130ish pm

I do wake up looking leaner but that look happens anyway and as soon as you eat or drink anything, that illusion goes away quickly
you must not be after maximum muscle gains stopping eating so early before bed?