Ginseng

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been hearing and reading a lot about Ginseng and it's many proposed benefits lately, mainly in terms of it's...

-Nootropic/Mood Boosting
-Strength/Performance Enhancing
-Overall Physical Health Improvements
-Testosterone Increase

I'm just looking to hear/get some thoughts, opinions and experiences from people who have actually used it.

Reps For Responses ;)

Duality29

Duality29

Awards
Great pumps and vasodilator, both for a pre workout, and for a pre bedroom workout

Duality29

Duality29

Awards
Which type of Ginseng did you use and how did you dose it?
Interestingly enough I got one of the complexes that I had seen at Walgreens. The recommended dosage is 2 capsules, but I took 3 daily all at once around noon.

“2 capsules
Panax Ginseng300mg
American Ginseng Extract50mg
Chinese Red Ginseng Extract50mg
Royal Jelly Concentrate2mg
Vitamin B1230mcg“

IMG_2764.jpg

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interestingly enough I got one of the complexes that I had seen at Walgreens. The recommended dosage is 2 capsules, but I took 3 daily all at once around noon.

“2 capsules
Panax Ginseng300mg
American Ginseng Extract50mg
Chinese Red Ginseng Extract50mg
Royal Jelly Concentrate2mg
Vitamin B1230mcg“

View attachment 156485
Looks like it's got most types/forms of Ginseng in it. Does it have a extract standardization on it?
Did you dose it with or without food, I can't seem to find an answer on how and when to take it?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
With Ginseng you have to be careful. Different ginsengs impart different effects/qualities and you need to take them in a way that is complementary to your body chemistry. Some types are neutral, some are more Yin and some more Yang. The key is finding the right balance for your particular situation. It would be best to try the individual ginsengs on their own and see how they affect you before combining them.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With Ginseng you have to be careful. Different ginsengs impart different effects/qualities and you need to take them in a way that is complementary to your body chemistry. Some types are neutral, some are more Yin and some more Yang. The key is finding the right balance for your particular situation. It would be best to try the individual ginsengs on their own and see how they affect you before combining them.
I'm looking at a high standardized Korean Ginseng extract supp for some mood, focus and strength boosting.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking at a high standardized Korean Ginseng extract supp for some mood, focus and strength boosting.
Korean Ginseng is usually more Yang which my cause excessive heat and tension in the body. Try it on its own and work your way up the dosage slowly to moitor your reaction any possible negative sides.

Chinese Panax, Red Panax, Korean Ginseng are usually more Yang.
American Ginseng is more Yin.
Panax Notoginseng (aka Tien Chi, or 3,7) is neutral.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Korean Ginseng is usually more Yang which my cause excessive heat and tension in the body. Try it on its own and work your way up the dosage slowly to moitor your reaction any possible negative sides.

Chinese Panax, Red Panax, Korean Ginseng are usually more Yang.
American Ginseng is more Yin.
Panax Notoginseng (aka Tien Chi, or 3,7) is neutral.
Which types of Ginseng have you tried?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Which types of Ginseng have you tried?
I've used them all individually and in different combinations. But I use the whole roots. I make soup made with Panax Notoginseng, Eucommia Bark, Silkie Chicken, and jujubes as the base. Red Panax/Korean Ginseng and/or American Ginseng are added in varying amounts to balance out the effects depending on how my body is feeling. Good for recovery and healing of muscles, adrenals, joints, bones, tendons and ligaments. It helps with the punishment my body is put through from all the heavy weights.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've used them all individually and in different combinations. But I use the whole roots. I make soup made with Panax Notoginseng, Eucommia Bark, Silkie Chicken, and jujubes as the base. Red Panax/Korean Ginseng and/or American Ginseng are added in varying amounts to balance out the effects depending on how my body is feeling. Good for recovery and healing of muscles, adrenals, joints, bones, tendons and ligaments. It helps with the punishment my body is put through from all the heavy weights.
Do you notice any brain boosting/mood enhancing benefits from it?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Do you notice any brain boosting/mood enhancing benefits from it?
Yes, there are definitely brain/mood boosting benefits. It improves energy levels as well as focus and concentration. All Ginseng are adaptogens and help the mind and body to adapt to stress.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Does Ginseng have a build up effect like ALCAR and the Cholines, where the effects get better the longer you take it?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Does Ginseng have a build up effect like ALCAR and the Cholines, where the effects get better the longer you take it?
I've never taken it long term. Usually I just take it in the form of soup, tincture, and/or extracts when I feel the need for it. I mostly use it to enhance recovery, during times of heavy stress, or injury.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I recall reading a study where the effects of panax ginseng actually went away after a few/several weeks of daily use. I'd have to look for it again to be sure of things, like dosing and how long it was exactly though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Beau Supplements 8
Supplements 15
Supplements 3
u_e_s_i Supplements 7
AdelV Supplements 10