PEAKO2

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Who has taken it solo?

Feedback?

I'm seeing it pop up in more formulas, and it looks very interesting.

Is it cheaper to buy solo? Wait for a Quake BOGO or a deal on Xtend Perform?

I read about a 20% increase in bench after 7 days use?

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just got a tub of Xtend Perform for $25 (Cheapest I found till date). Quake BOGO has timed out.
TheSolution should be able to shed some light on PeakO2. I have seen him mention about Xtend Perform and how it helps

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just got a tub of Xtend Perform for $25 (Cheapest I found till date). Quake BOGO has timed out.
TheSolution should be able to shed some light.
I believe another website has Quake on BOGO ATM.

Xtend Perform for $25 sounds really cheap!

scump

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Primaforce sell bulk peak O2, definitely cheaper solo.

I haven't run it solo but have used Quake 10.0 and Perform. (well perform i used once intra and it almost made me vomit so i have't used it again, but i will)

Quake 10.0 i absolutely loved, definitely noticed an increase in endurance, i was using it during a strength routine (modified 5x5) and strength was brilliant the entire time. Wasn't sure if it was the quake or the program or combination of the 2, so i kept running quake the whole time lol.

Quake is literally the only preworkout i buy locally, due to its weight it just doesn't seem beneficial buying OS, or possibly more so that no OS company has it with decent shipping. The recent bogo would have added $30 US shipping for 2x small tubs.

Quake is also a lot lower stim than im used to, but really enjoyed the focus it gave and with the added endurance i didn't need any extra stim affect.

(sorry i know you were asking more so about solo)

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yah. Primaforce is around 20 bucks a pop

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah. I might pick up a couple more tubs.
I found it on - buy one, get one 50% off. 52$ US (Perform)
Postage actually is $24 AUD with DHL, which is reasonable.

Even buying 2 bottles solo(Peak02) will be $40 US and postage at cheapest for 2 bottles is $14-16 US

It seems like the Xtend Perform deal I found is good, especially Mango is available.

Oh snap, another website I use has Primaforce Peak02 for $20 AUD and they do free postage to Australia.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Who has taken it solo?

Feedback?

I'm seeing it pop up in more formulas, and it looks very interesting.

Is it cheaper to buy solo? Wait for a Quake BOGO or a deal on Xtend Perform?

I read about a 20% increase in bench after 7 days use?
not sure where you saw teh 20% bench increase... peakO2 is an endurance based compound... unless it was 20% more reps (not strength) but even that seems ridiculous. Most steroids wont even do that in 7 days ha.

That said, its def good stuff. I've used perform as well as quake (reg and stim free) and really enjoy quake. currently maybe my fav low or non stim and even ranks up there with some of my high stim favs. I havent tried it jsut solo simply because i havent needed to since I've had the other products tho.

Reactions: Nac
AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
not sure where you saw teh 20% bench increase... peakO2 is an endurance based compound... unless it was 20% more reps (not strength) but even that seems ridiculous. Most steroids wont even do that in 7 days ha.

That said, its def good stuff. I've used perform as well as quake (reg and stim free) and really enjoy quake. currently maybe my fav low or non stim and even ranks up there with some of my high stim favs. I havent tried it jsut solo simply because i havent needed to since I've had the other products tho.
It's included in Unbeatable, I think it's a European brand.

In the write up, it says "Recent studies have shown that by using PeakO2™ for at least 1 week, bench press was increased almost 20%!"

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

In the write up, it says "Recent studies have shown that by using PeakO2™ for at least 1 week, bench press was increased almost 20%!"
i would love to see that study haha... thats just a completely unrealistic claim. Seriously, only steroids like halotestin (one of the most toxic andd powerful steroids out there) and things like cheque drops can even come close to that type of performance boost in that timeframe. It physiologically almost impossible.

Reactions: Nac
AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

In a clinical study at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, competitive athletes supplementing with four grams per day of PeakO₂™ improved their Peak Power Output 17.6% over baseline after only seven days! The placebo group decreased 11.8% compared to baseline.

I believe compound solutions is behind Vaso-6 as-well, among
AGMATINE SULFATE (AGmass™)
BCAA 2:1:1, Instantized (InstAminos™)
THEACRINE (TEACRINE®)

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pretty sure that increase was measured in cyclists, not bench press.

Compare, ArA increased actual bench numbers by 20lbs over 8 weeks. Peak02 possibly increases a 200lb bench to 240lbs in seven days? Im with booneman, no fawkin way a non-steroidal compound is doing that.

Anyway, in studies "peak power output" is a metric quite different from a 1RM (the former is often measured in watts, not lbs lifted).

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pretty sure that increase was measured in cyclists, not bench press.

Compare, ArA increased actual bench numbers by 20lbs over 8 weeks. Peak02 possibly increases a 200lb bench to 240lbs in seven days? Im with booneman, no fawkin way a non-steroidal compound is doing that.

Anyway, in studies "peak power output" is a metric quite different from a 1RM (the former is often measured in watts, not lbs lifted).
As I mentioned, that's what was worded on a companies write up.

I posted what's on the official website, but it was used at 4/g a day in the study.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sure, but the official CompoundSolution website doesnt attach bench press to the increase in power output. The other companies writeup is wrong to do so (the study in question used cycle tests, not bench).

https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-12-S1-P45
I'm pretty sure I'm the one pasting the information, and that's what I was saying.

Does the study show both? The one based on cyclists is probably seperate from the power output?

I'm hoping to find some feedback from users more than anything.

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been using Primaforce PEAKO2 for the past 3-4 months. Adding 1 scoop in pwo or intra, I think it definitely helps with endurance.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love quake & xtend perform in a pre as well

Unsure about the claims but def do feel more energy/endurance on it

I stock up on quake & pulled couple trades.. hands down my fav stim non dmaa pre

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sure, but the official CompoundSolution website doesnt attach bench press to the increase in power output. The other companies writeup is wrong to do so (the study in question used cycle tests, not bench).

https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-12-S1-P45
In a double-blind placebo controlled design, recreationally
active subjects (n = 10; mean ± SD; age = 21.4 ± 2.4 yrs;
height = 175.8 ± 78 cm; weight = 75.0 ± 10.6 kg) were randomly
assigned to a mushroom (MR; n = 6) or placebo
(PL; n = 5) treatment group.
6+5=10 boys.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm using Xtend Perform as a pre workout drink, I like to drink it but I'm not sure it doing anything, I think the aminos is doing more than the Peak02..

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
#SCIENCE hahaha just wow. how does something like that get published...?
Grad student's open access poster presentation at an ISSN conference, probably just a typo, or someone dropped the study but she forgot to remove them from the group they were in, or something.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm pretty sure I'm the one pasting the information, and that's what I was saying.

Does the study show both? The one based on cyclists is probably seperate from the power output?

I'm hoping to find some feedback from users more than anything.
It looks like that study measured power as well. As for anecdotal/user feedback, I think it's a solid ingredient. I found it helped with my endurance while lifting, allowing me to not really feel quite as "winded" or tired between sets with short sets and/or demanding supersets. It also seemed to sometimes encourage me to take shorter rest periods as well. Now, I did not notice anywhere near a 20% increase in bench press 1-RM in 7 days (i.e. not 300 to 360), that'd be insane. I also don't really think I noted a 20% increase in reps on my first/main/strongest set within a week either (i.e. 10 to 12 reps at a given weight). What I do think it helped with pretty early on is endurance during later sets in the workout, where adding a rep or two here or there is very possible due to the increased endurance. I also think it helped with the limited actual cardio I do haha.

It's a solid ingredient IMO. It's not exactly cheap as a standalone (I think it's normally like $20/month), and it doesn't exactly taste good alone, but when mixed in a flavored supplement it's no big deal IMO. As for if it's worth the price, that's a personal decision, and I think it really depends on your training style. If you play sports or do something like crossfit, then I think it'd be great. If you do heavy powerlifting, maybe not so much, but if you like short rest periods and/or super/giant sets, it may be worth a try.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It looks like that study measured power as well. As for anecdotal/user feedback, I think it's a solid ingredient. I found it helped with my endurance while lifting, allowing me to not really feel quite as "winded" or tired between sets with short sets and/or demanding supersets. It also seemed to sometimes encourage me to take shorter rest periods as well. Now, I did not notice anywhere near a 20% increase in bench press 1-RM in 7 days (i.e. not 300 to 360), that'd be insane. I also don't really think I noted a 20% increase in reps on my first/main/strongest set within a week either (i.e. 10 to 12 reps at a given weight). What I do think it helped with pretty early on is endurance during later sets in the workout, where adding a rep or two here or there is very possible due to the increased endurance. I also think it helped with the limited actual cardio I do haha.

It's a solid ingredient IMO. It's not exactly cheap as a standalone (I think it's normally like $20/month), and it doesn't exactly taste good alone, but when mixed in a flavored supplement it's no big deal IMO. As for if it's worth the price, that's a personal decision, and I think it really depends on your training style. If you play sports or do something like crossfit, then I think it'd be great. If you do heavy powerlifting, maybe not so much, but if you like short rest periods and/or super/giant sets, it may be worth a try.
It's $20, can be found for less.

Its 120g, 60 Servings at 2/g per day.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's $20, can be found for less.

Its 120g, 60 Servings at 2/g per day.
I guess I was talking about 4g/day, which would be 30 days. I think I used it at 4g day, but would probably try it at 2g/day next time. I actually think I still have a little left.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Xtend perform whoops a$$ as far as output goes. I know you said solo,but it is a solid product IMO.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I had a stand alone tub of it, and I cried when it fell on the floor spilling half of it's contents... of course I put as much back in as possible and used it. A great stand alone product. I've got a log of it around here somewhere.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/287150-performing-peak-02-a.html

Definitely a great solo product, but I did have to soak it in my shaker over night for the best solution.
I think there are quite a few benefits from taking this product.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I guess I was talking about 4g/day, which would be 30 days. I think I used it at 4g day, but would probably try it at 2g/day next time. I actually think I still have a little left.
It seems to be included at 2/g in most products, unsure why.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I had a stand alone tub of it, and I cried when it fell on the floor spilling half of it's contents... of course I put as much back in as possible and used it. A great stand alone product. I've got a log of it around here somewhere.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/287150-performing-peak-02-a.html

Definitely a great solo product, but I did have to soak it in my shaker over night for the best solution.
I think there are quite a few benefits from taking this product.
that feeling when you lick the floor to ensure you get all the gains...

thatsuppguy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have been taking it solo since it came out. I have added it to probably any pre you can name. ha. Anyway, great endurance with it. 4g a day is where its at.

scump

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It seems to be included at 2/g in most products, unsure why.
perform has it at 2g because its designed to be used twice a day (one pre + one post).

Quake was designed with 2g to be used with perform (or bulk).

but the study(funded by scivation) definitely used 4g/day for 21days.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
perform has it at 2g because its designed to be used twice a day (one pre + one post).

Quake was designed with 2g to be used with perform (or bulk).

but the study(funded by scivation) definitely used 4g/day for 21days.
Actually quake was designed to be a 2 scoop dose. All the ingredients are half doses at one scoop

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have the solo Primaforce product but apparently I have been grossly underdosing it. I just add one scoop to whatever PWO combo I am using on a given day if that combo does not include one scoop of Quake. I will have to beef that up to see what it can do...

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have the solo Primaforce product but apparently I have been grossly underdosing it. I just add one scoop to whatever PWO combo I am using on a given day if that combo does not include one scoop of Quake. I will have to beef that up to see what it can do...
All the products containing it do so at 2/g, unsure why if the studies are done at 4/g.

I might grab Quake on BOGO, $30 for 40 servings in total.

Another website has it for $20AUD, $16US so I may buy a tub or 2 from there.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All the products containing it do so at 2/g, unsure why if the studies are done at 4/g.

I might grab Quake on BOGO, $30 for 40 servings in total.

Another website has it for $20AUD, $16US so I may buy a tub or 2 from there.
Some probably have 2g because full dose would raise tubs price, companies probably think it would sell less then.
Xtend Perform has 2g because it's meant 2x daily.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some probably have 2g because full dose would raise tubs price, companies probably think it would sell less then.
Xtend Perform has 2g because it's meant 2x daily.
I wonder how it compares to the products MST have? They're were the first with endurance products I believe, but they wernt cheap.

I'm also thinking if I can buy the bulk of what's in Peak02 and create my own to run at a higher dose cheaper. I'll have to do some research soon.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I wonder how it compares to the products MST have? They're were the first with endurance products I believe, but they wernt cheap.

I'm also thinking if I can buy the bulk of what's in Peak02 and create my own to run at a higher dose cheaper. I'll have to do some research soon.
I have wondered how Peak O2 would match up to the MST Cordygen series of products too. I do have Cordygen 5 currently, but I have not fully dosed that either for workout purposes . I more or less just take that for the health benefits.

(Yes...I have more or less tried every supplement out there known to man)

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I take one scoop PrimaForce bulk and one scoop Xtend Perform per day, so I'm hitting 4g/day. I was on that protocol for about 6 weeks then took a two week break. Definitely notice a difference on vs off in terms of increased endurance during HIIT (usually on an assault bike) and metcons. It will be a staple for me now.

The bulk is cheap and not bad at all. I just put scoop in my mouth and chase it with water (need to swish it around for awhile because the powder is dense). Call me crazy, but I actually like the taste!

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The new study, from what I gather from the marc lobliner youtube, show that you need to lot it up as per creatine and the the total after a month is what matter.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The new study, from what I gather from the marc lobliner youtube, show that you need to lot it up as per creatine and the the total after a month is what matter.
Not sure if you mean preloading like creatine but you don’t need to preload creatine.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not sure if you mean preloading like creatine but you don’t need to preload creatine.
I think he probably means that you have to use it for a little while to reach "saturation" before it really starts working. A loading phase therefore wouldn't be necessary, but could perhaps allow you to notice the benefits a little faster (less time but same total amount of PeakO2).

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not sure if you should be getting science takeaways from marc lobliner videos.

scump

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
its not a new study, from what i have read its purely anecdotal.

But the suggestion is that 4g a day will help you reach saturation point faster, then maintaining 2g/day is all thats needed. If this is true its great news for anyone using the 2g supplements or even adding a scoop of the bulk (as opposed to adding 2).

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
its not a new study, from what i have read its purely anecdotal.

But the suggestion is that 4g a day will help you reach saturation point faster, then maintaining 2g/day is all thats needed. If this is true its great news for anyone using the 2g supplements or even adding a scoop of the bulk (as opposed to adding 2).
Yea, I do remember reading this same thing. I'm about to cut back to 2g/day and save some money!