Berberine and mk-677/GW-501516 interaktions?

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
We all know that berberine interakt (inhibit) cyp3a4 and cyp2d6 affecting how some drug metabolise in the liver.
Mainly they break down the drug in the system preventing levels to get to high. On other drugs however (nolva for example) it may reduce the effect cause nolva needs these enzymes to convert into it's active metabolites.

With this said:

Anybody know how cardarine/mk-677 interakts with cyp3a4 and cyp2d6?

World it be safe to take a GDA containing berberine with these or should i just stay away from it?

Eating very clean as of now with high carb days on training (after workout) and low carb on rest days, comming from å cut transitioning to a lean bulk so insulin sensitivity should be good.
Reason i was considering a GDA is MK-677 and it's effects on lowering insulin sensitivity but maybe cardarine will help with that (7mg/day).

Any thoughts?

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I did not know that, interesting in the answer do.

Nickespo89

Nickespo89

Awards
  • Established
I am curious as well. I have been on mk677 @25mg a day along with 900mg of test a week for 55days now. Have not noticed much of a insulin sensitivity issue. However after being on for the first 30 days I cut calories by 2200 went from 5500 to 3300 a Day. I lift hard and heavy 4-6 days a week depending on program. That combined with cardio can help tremendously with endogenous insulin sensitivity without having to take any gda’s. If you are worried about drug interactions look into r - ala. It has been shown to increase glucose uptake into the muscles as well as increasing insulin sensitivity. Personally it’s too expensive to be worthwhile to me. I would rather take a low dose of insulin on high carb meals. Or take ala if you are worried about insulin sides standard ALA offers a similar benefit to sensitivity to r ala (similar not the same) at 1200mg a day split between two meals. That and Apple cider vinegar with mother before each meal has shown me some positive results. At the end of the day your diet effects sensitivity as much or more than anything else.

bb333

Awards
  • Established
I am curious as well. I have been on mk677 @25mg a day along with 900mg of test a week for 55days now. Have not noticed much of a insulin sensitivity issue. However after being on for the first 30 days I cut calories by 2200 went from 5500 to 3300 a Day. I lift hard and heavy 4-6 days a week depending on program. That combined with cardio can help tremendously with endogenous insulin sensitivity without having to take any gda’s. If you are worried about drug interactions look into r - ala. It has been shown to increase glucose uptake into the muscles as well as increasing insulin sensitivity. Personally it’s too expensive to be worthwhile to me. I would rather take a low dose of insulin on high carb meals. Or take ala if you are worried about insulin sides standard ALA offers a similar benefit to sensitivity to r ala (similar not the same) at 1200mg a day split between two meals. That and Apple cider vinegar with mother before each meal has shown me some positive results. At the end of the day your diet effects sensitivity as much or more than anything else.
Top!
Apple cider vinegar and na-r-ala!

In 1 month without increasing calories / carbohydrates, my body has changed!
obvious muscle glycogen stock, most pump, physically I see better.

I have a question!

1200mg of simple ALA, how many na-r-ala mgs corresponds?

at times I took 600mg of wing before breakfast, fasting 20 minutes early, I turned a little 'head ... obvious effect gda!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like your thinking and I am also doing the same thing as you. I take SlinMax (for the most part) with my MK to counteract some of the potential metabolic consequences.

I could be wrong, but I think CYP3A4 inhibitors (in this case berberine) typically increase absorption of certain drugs/substances while CYP3A4 inducers can decrease appropriate metabolism and absorption of certain drugs/substances.

So it seems to me that concurrent use of a GDA containing berberine could possibly be a win/win. Of course that would be assuming that MK-677 metabolism is influenced by the CYP3A4 enzyme.